Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,785 comments
Sorry, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I got a problem with AC when opening CM showroom of any car, it gave me this handle exception and the CM itself crashes. I did restarts, memory diagnostic, and graphics driver update, no dice. I couldn't find reliable info about this in Google as well. Has anyone ever encountered this problem and if there's a solution to this?
this seems to be a read/write issue with your hard drive, try cm with admin

I have some FPS issues on certain parts of the tracks:

I use V-Sync and fix it to 60FPS. But at these parts it drops massive.

- Tunnel of Monaco (Lights I guess)
- Grass of Bathurst (RT version)
- Mulsanne Straight (Mosly on Dusk-Dawn times)
- Istanbul Park (T8 & Back Straight)
- Nordschleife (After 1 min. of driving)
- SRP, LAC an likes (when playing online)

I have GTX1070 and Threadripper 1920X.... what is causing them, can somebody aid me to fix these?
Reflections. Reduce to 2 faces per frame from anything higher and make sure resolution of reflections is 1024 or less.

v1.02
slight smoothing of the mesh
add ext_config.ini by CrisT86

This is nice. Thanks!

I have some FPS issues on certain parts of the tracks:

I use V-Sync and fix it to 60FPS. But at these parts it drops massive.

- Tunnel of Monaco (Lights I guess)
- Grass of Bathurst (RT version)
- Mulsanne Straight (Mosly on Dusk-Dawn times)
- Istanbul Park (T8 & Back Straight)
- Nordschleife (After 1 min. of driving)
- SRP, LAC an likes (when playing online)

I have GTX1070 and Threadripper 1920X.... what is causing them, can somebody aid me to fix these?

Try turning V-sync off in Content Manager and using Adaptive V Sync in Nvidia Control panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam sale. Just noticed it.
upload_2021-6-7_6-26-7.png

upload_2021-6-7_6-26-51.png

upload_2021-6-7_6-26-32.png

That is the same as Gilles conversion.
chipping away at it.. road mesh fixed, trees fixed, currently deleting out the borders then i will shrinkwrap the terrain to bring it up to the existing track, but several very bad elevation discrepancies exist. I will release this hopefully in the next week or two as an addon kn5 to people that already have the track, but, seriously, having driven it a bit now with a better road mesh, its a nice layout and fun to drive especially suited to medium speed cars, and does deserve being done properly from scratch.. calling all modders.. DO IT!!
upload_2021-6-7_6-54-44.png

chipping away at it.. road mesh fixed, trees fixed, currently deleting out the borders then i will shrinkwrap the terrain to bring it up to the existing track, but several very bad elevation discrepancies exist. I will release this hopefully in the next week or two as an addon kn5 to people that already have the track, but, seriously, having driven it a bit now with a better road mesh, its a nice layout and fun to drive especially suited to medium speed cars, and does deserve being done properly from scratch.. calling all modders.. DO IT!!
View attachment 1015823
Oow, good news :)
The track (if well made) is indeed a joy to drive. But with all versions I know of, the graphics are really poor, especially the surroundings. That is reason enough not to have the track installed in my case.

v1.01
Update road shaders
integrated skin by Masscot
You see! It doesn't have to be privately given, as long as you leave the door open, people can do stuff, submit it publicly and then you add the changes while crediting them. There's nothing complicated in that!...

MOD DEVELOPMENT AND UPDATES -- "Controlling" and managing them with others' help.

Suggestion
for those working on mods, want others to help, but want to have some degree of control as to what's released to everyone.

...and for those that aren't doing this already.

Start a Conversation thread about the mod, and invite those (and others they suggest) to review what you have, make updates, serve as "beta testers," and offer their updated files for consolidating into the "official" releases and updates of your mod. You can start the thread with some guidelines about not releasing anything outside of the Conversation, some notes about your workflow, and the best way for everyone to submit their changes and updated files, with suggestions about how to manage everything. It won't be perfect unless you rely on a workgroup solution, but it should make things a little better.

To begin a Conversation thread, under Inbox at the top, click on the "Start a New Conversation" link at the bottom of the popup, enter a title for the Conversation, and add those members you want to include. You can also change the settings, including allowing other members of the Conversation to invite others.

Last edited:
I had the same issue and contacted them. Do the following to resolve the issue.

In every skin folder of the car edit the ext_config file and remove this block.
Code:
[WIPERS]
Thanks man....that fixed if for the time being.

Every car and every author deserves to have their name mentioned.
The E V O is just the name for another upgraded kit for the Ferrari 488 Gt3 2020 but in reality there will certainly be no major changes to the car itself.
The car in the game ,has a full name The Ferrari 488 Gt3 EVO and the author must be respected!
Stay safe Master .:cheers:

Last edited:
Are there any thoughts about which trucks are superior? These ones or Legion's?......

I'd stick with the 'Official' version, mine was a quick rework of a leaked earlier version of the same.
Both versions however are just rips from the FIA game so I'm not sure how the mod is 'Official', and the rip is only the second level of detail. I'm guessing they used Ninja Ripper but only captured the external camera view that did not include the cockpits.

For myself I use the FIA game to get my fix although it insists on telling me to cool my brakes even with that setting turned off, and/or Automobillista.

@CrisT86
FULL TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Ghoults - Horsma Raceway v1.0 by Ghoults for AC 1.16.4
DOWNLOAD -> https://sharemods.com/vrtonnt0o6ly/Ghoults_-_Horsma_Raceway_v1.0_by_Ghoults_for_AC_1.16.4.zip.html

Another great racing and looking track! I particularly like the track surface, not only the bumps but the visuals as well. It looks worn and patched, not like it was just paved the day before the race, really nice! The changes in elevation and blind corners make it challenging.
Thanks to all who had a part in this track.:bowdown:

Have you tried using a different showroom preset? Try using one that isn't graphically heavy.

this seems to be a read/write issue with your hard drive, try cm with admin
Thanks for all the help! This isn't about whether my CM can handle the showroom or not, but rather a crash just trying to open the CM showroom at all. I went and decided to reinstall the base AC and it solves the problem. :)

Is there a decent stock Nissan R33 out there? I found a few on Assetto-DB but they leave a lot to be desired. My standards are pretty low to begin with but even I have to pass on those.

Thank you RMI_wood for this great beautiful track with good layout and AI 👍

Don't you think that a barrier is missing on the GP circuit to prevent cutting through the National (like on my picture)

View attachment 1015806

@RMi_wood

That corner is a little confusing without a barrier. Since this is set up as an F1 track, any barrier needs to be set back, about as far as most of the other barriers around the track.

Other than that... A FANTASTIC TRACK MOD!

update will be forthcoming, thank you for the feedback
screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_rmi_hesinkigp_7-5-121-4-43-34-jpg.1015816

also some ambient night lighting will be added
upload_2021-6-7_8-10-33.jpeg

upload_2021-6-7_8-10-52.jpeg

shi
Mine Circuit 1999 v1.4 (mirror link)
- 26 pit/start
- AI
- 4 Replay cam
- Camtool Replay
- CSP recommended
View attachment 972081
・ @andres_ramos, the author of the rFactor version and gave me permission
・ @shin956, Track convert
@ckkjw398, Camtool Replay & Track Test (v0.9)
・ @ワイエス911, Track Test (v0.9)

Changelog;
- Update ext_config.ini and VAO & Add replay cam (by @CrisT86)
- Repaving the road surface (advice by @TheRealCeeBee)

v1.1
- Fixed an issue where tires would fill in corners
- Fixed an issue where there was no sound of kerb

v1.2
- Track optimization
- Add lights to martial posts and medical center
- Fixed shader
- Change AI (by @KevinK2)
- Other fine adjustment

v1.3
- Fixed pitlane

v1.4
-I adjusted the shader
-Updated some textures
-Fixed some trees being bright and some dark
-Adjusted ext_config
-Updated preview
-VAO has been renewed
-camtool updated

Thank you to everyone who cooperated!
Mine Circuit 1999 v1.4 Update
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_mine_circuit_99_3-5-121-21-53-18.jpg

v1.4 changelog;
-I adjusted the shader
-Updated some textures
-Fixed some trees being bright and some dark
-Adjusted ext_config
-Updated preview
-VAO has been renewed
-camtool updated

Thanks for this RMi_wood. Good layout which I've never encountered before. 👍

I'm also amazed to discover that palm trees grow in Helsinki! :eek: :lol:
Those funny Finn's love a good laugh... and hey, who doesnt love palm trees!
Nokia and Ericsson use those fake palm to disguise mobile/cell antennas.

note: if someone want to do a tree/models.ini replacement etc, that is also very welcome as are skins etc

Last edited:
@CrisT86

Another great racing and looking track! I particularly like the track surface, not only the bumps but the visuals as well. It looks worn and patched, not like it was just paved the day before the race, really nice! The changes in elevation and blind corners make it challenging.
Thanks to all who had a part in this track.:bowdown:

The track is the same as when was released, i didn't touched the 3D part (except for removing the wet layout) so all the positive feedback goes to Ghoults, i only took care about the ext_config and cameras

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back