Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
still not get the connection between jarama and the skins for the F1 by @Blackcelica. There's no skins for jarama, and all his skins are available on RD or here by searching them
There are no skins of mine on RD, only here on GTPlanet. They used to be a few months back but they got removed. There are a few rip off merchants on RD but reporting them is doing no good.

*promptly deletes download*

I think it would be beneficial for a few people here (myself included) to come up with a list of 'most important' tracks that we don't have decent versions of in AC and get to work.
In the past day alone, we've seen that we need decent versions of Belle Isle and Jarama. I'd add Jerez to the list as well.

Virginia International Raceway.

edit: holy crap I meant Ascari not VIR. Brain fart.

Last edited:
potresti semplicemente aggiungerne un po' e rilasciarlo. Invece di lamentarsi.
Oppure fai una piccola recensione che includa ciò che secondo te potrebbe essere utile per migliorare.

esattamente con chi si stanno lamentando?

suggerimento: cerca di essere più costruttivo con la tua critica... e la tua gioia ritrovata andrà lontano.
you could, simply add some and release it. Instead of complaining.
Or make a small review that includes what in your opinion could use improving.

exactly who are bitching to anyway?

hint: try to be more constructive with your critique... and your newfound joy will go far.
I was just making an observation by pointing out that (for example, the Jarama circuit) had very few pit boxes (if you look inside the UI folder there are 20 places), insufficient to organise an online race with live streaming.

Here i did a quick rough test. FOV goes a long way to getting back some of the correct visual of undulations.
Two extremes:

View attachment 1016216 View attachment 1016217
There it looks more correct, but it is the elevation of the terrain.

We have other tracks in Madrid, or near Madrid, but we always go to Jarama because precisely what is special is that it is very challenging, and this is due to the sudden changes in the elevation of the terrain and that the curves close or open in the parts you can't see.

In no simulator I have had a remotely similar feeling, the first chicane after the long straight breaks your neck and the uphill curve is like climbing a wall, until you reach the end you do not see the other cars ahead of you, And in the next section you have a few curves that change their trajectory in the elevation of the terrain, but when entering the curve you look at the end, there you go out, you have to memorize the correct layout very well, this so as not to go off the track making the ideal line is VERY difficult, that's Jarama.

For some reason i thought it was the one used in TM Nations & TM2 Stadium. But then its the 2020 variant. Though there isn't official name for this car. But hey i do play a lot of TM.

Another fact is that my first encounter with this series is at the internet cafe where one of the PCs had TM Nations installed in there.

EDIT: Uhhh kn5 file is missing.

Last edited:
Now we need the Rocket League Octane. Anyone has it?
There isn't any cars ported from Rocket League...yet...so maybe its a good idea to port fictional cars from that game.

EDIT: Don't want to be serious but i managed to come up with the name for this TM2020 car.
upload_2021-6-8_22-34-29.png

Last edited:
*promptly deletes download*

I think it would be beneficial for a few people here (myself included) to come up with a list of 'most important' tracks that we don't have decent versions of in AC and get to work.
In the past day alone, we've seen that we need decent versions of Belle Isle and Jarama. I'd add Jerez to the list as well.

Spa 2003 and 2004.

Long time ago I've asked a question here. So I thought it was time to ask the community for some expertise

See this YT example. How to get rid of the shadow cascading? Visible both in cockpit view as well as replays (which look excellente btw)

AF is at 16X in NVidia config and off in AC video,
Clip planes settings (if relevant?)
View attachment 1016179

My old brains told me it has been discussed in the past with several suggestions but I could not find it that easy via the search option in this thread.
Appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. Thx! Brian

Howdy,
That vid is RF2, but I'm pretty sure what you're trying to show is referred to as 'shadow splits' in AC (distance it goes from low res to higher res shadows; whereas clip planes is everything within (near) or beyond (far) a certain distance being clipped so that it doesn't need to be rendered).
Increasing track LODs may help (it's the setting above clip planes in CM).

If you also have Smart Shadows active, there are settings in there to extend the distances for interior and exterior car cameras.

In replays, there are also settings on each individual replay camera that determine shadows splits (although if you check the box to 'treat track cameras the same' in Graphic Adjustments, it should also change these numbers in the camera files by that percentage).
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/track-cameras-a-tutorial.122836/page-2#post-3161946
eg.
[CAMERA_0]
NAME=Departe
POSITION=-1759.2208, 10.6952, 1332.4348
FORWARD=-0.498, 0.2359, 0.8427
UP=-0.484, 0.0, -0.2047
MIN_FOV=5
MAX_FOV=25
IN_POINT=0.0
OUT_POINT=0.0175
SHADOW_SPLIT0=150
SHADOW_SPLIT1=250
SHADOW_SPLIT2=1350

NEAR_PLANE=0.1
FAR_PLANE=2000
MIN_EXPOSURE=0.35
MAX_EXPOSURE=0.55
DOF_FACTOR=1
DOF_RANGE=100
DOF_FOCUS=0
DOF_MANUAL=0
SPLINE=
SPLINE_ROTATION=0
FOV_GAMMA=0.5
SPLINE_ANIMATION_LENGTH=15
IS_FIXED=0

Last edited:
1.JPG

HELP please!
Can anybody help me with the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 ACC version by Toprace? The car is bouncing very much and setup did not help. I tried to drive it at Nordschleife, but it is not possible. Maybe there was an update i missed, but downloads are gone @Toprace discord channel. Would be great if someone could help to fix the bouncing Porsche.

Last edited:
From a technical perspective, you did a very good job with the creation. If you want to share the skin, then share it. Otherwise, this post may be a better fit in the photo thread. 👍

Noted! I am planning to release all these GT4 skins as one full set [8 to 10 in total], but I finished all of them before Guerilla started updating the models, so these are more simply progress updates than anything important.

I suppose the best thing to do is to come back when everything is ready to go.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back