Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
Guys, I discovered something weird about my Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 (Kunos). The interior and steering wheel now have this weird chrome/metal look. The rollbar used to be white and the steering wheel black. Any clue what happened? Is this a CSP bug or what? Anyone else noticed this?

View attachment 1016298 View attachment 1016300 View attachment 1016299
That car got a new config 2-3 days ago, and I think this part in the config applies to the steering wheel and the rollcage:

[Material_Aluminium_v2]
Materials = INT_OCC_METAL_Black, INT_DETAILS_METAL_NM, INT_DETAILS_ALU_NM

[Material_Aluminium_v2]
Materials = INT_OCC_Carpaint
Metalness = 0.3
Reflectance = 0.2

Last edited:
View attachment 1016232
HELP please!
Can anybody help me with the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 ACC version by Toprace? The car is bouncing very much and setup did not help. I tried to drive it at Nordschleife, but it is not possible. Maybe there was an update i missed, but downloads are gone @Toprace discord channel. Would be great if someone could help to fix the bouncing Porsche.
I tried replacing the damper and suspension files with a Kunos 911 RSR
Increasing the rear downforce makes it even more stable, so please give it a try.

Attachments

• data.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 48
That car got a new config 2-3 days ago, and I think this part in the config applies to the steering wheel and the rollcage:

[Material_Aluminium_v2]
Materials = INT_OCC_METAL_Black, INT_DETAILS_METAL_NM, INT_DETAILS_ALU_NM

[Material_Aluminium_v2]
Materials = INT_OCC_Carpaint
Metalness = 0.3
Reflectance = 0.2

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot, that sorted it!

I tried replacing the damper and suspension files with a Kunos 911 RSR
Increasing the rear downforce makes it even more stable, so please give it a try.

Much better thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1016232
HELP please!
Can anybody help me with the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 ACC version by Toprace? The car is bouncing very much and setup did not help. I tried to drive it at Nordschleife, but it is not possible. Maybe there was an update i missed, but downloads are gone @Toprace discord channel. Would be great if someone could help to fix the bouncing Porsche.
I had to do a downgrade for CSP from 0.1.74 to 0.1.73, It got a little better

guys any way to make driver swaps on ac? saw a video on it but couldn't find how to do it
You should be able to do it without server manager premium. effectively, you need to ensure that the start/finish timing line is either before or after all the pitboxes, that way when you have the other person joining onto that car via their guid that there isnt any differences between all the cars in the race. there is also a minimum pit stop time app for driver swap races, i havent looked into it too much however there is a description somewhere on how to do it. basically, assign both driver guids to the same car, split with a ";" and then use the min time pit stop app. hopefully save you some money there, as server manager premium isnt mandatory, but is a fantastic product and would make your life much easier

Isn't sharing and discussion info the very basis of why this thread exists?
Thatz not the point. I always lived by sharing is caring.

But I've read the request for this file - which wasnt created by me btw - at RD, I still had it bc I've requested it myself a couple of months ago after my HD crashed, uploaded it, posted the link for the requester and was catched by some real life stuff.

A couple of hours later I've read this thread, as every day, saw the same request and my link to the file got posted. Without even mentioning that this link wasnt his own.

I simply should have removed the link and upload it again, giggeling about the "It's down already"-posts. But thatz just not me.
I'd love it if everyone who came here tried to post at least one positive, enthusiastic or encouraging comment each time they log on instead of whining about perceived sleights. It would set a far better vibe than endless petty whining.
Hmm? Well, I dont post that much inhere, thatz right. But if I'm able to help I'm helping. So with this statement you cant really hurt my feelings. :cheers:

Last edited:

But I've read the request for this file - which wasnt created by me btw - at RD, I still had it bc I've requested it myself a couple of months ago after my HD crashed, uploaded it, posted the link for the requester and was catched by some real life stuff.

A couple of hours later I've read this thread, as every day, saw the same request and my link to the file got posted. Without even mentioning that this link wasnt his own.

I simply should have removed the link and upload it again, giggeling about the "It's down already"-posts. But thatz just not me.

Hmm? Well, I dont post that much inhere, thatz right. But if I'm able to help I'm helping. So with this statement you cant really hurt my feelings. :cheers:

I'm not trying to offend you Pfalzdriver. Honestly. :(

Last edited:
Unless FOV is set properly (i.e. realistically), you simply can't expect anything to be right with track undulations, distance perception, windscreen angle and everthing else you're looking at.

So, the first thing you need to do is get a tape measure and actually measure the distance from you eyes to the centre point of your monitor, then go to this calculator and you can find out what the setting should be to approximate 'real world geometry'.

https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

You might find videos like this useful too:

Ok, I play on a 15inch laptop. so much for the calculations

Am I missing something here? You're upset because a link you shared publicly got subsequently shared publicly?
Isn't there enough real stuff to get upset about right now without looking for insignificant and ridiculously trivial things to moan about?
Why do some people go searching for drama based on perceived slights and entitlement?
I'd say the same thing to anyone who got triggered by your edgy use of the letter 'z' instead of 's'... there are far bigger things to be concerned about.

@Masscot

In the end it will be that I have a good memory.

Well mystery solved, _easy_'s Jarama originally comes from a (very bad) conversion of grid1 to rF

Here is the proof:

Captura1.png

Captura.png

So yeah, this track has made a good trip, grid -> rf -> AMS -> AC

The funniest thing about all this is that it is still the best Jarama for AC :lol:

@Masscot

In the end it will be that I have a good memory.

Well mystery solved, _easy_'s Jarama originally comes from a (very bad) conversion of grid1 to rF

Here is the proof:

Captura1.png

Captura.png

So yeah, this track has made a good trip, grid -> rf -> AMS -> AC

The funniest thing about all this is that it is still the best Jarama for AC :lol:

So just to clarify here. Easy has converted Gilles' version of Jarama (it was his version converted into AMS) back into AC? That's hilarious :D

So just to clarify here. Easy has converted Gilles' version of Jarama (it was his version converted into AMS) back into AC? That's hilarious :D
But it is that making that trip has cost him to lose part of the original geometry.

Here original rip from Grid to rf , but I have my doubts that it is a rip, I would say that it really only has the track and data extracted not all objects.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q3lwdkkbqbmm1/GRID_Jarama

here the original circuit, it is clearly seen how the conversion to RF is very bad and loses all the geometry, it is the closest jarama to real life, or at least I feel that way, because the driver's point of view and how he perceives everything is very well done.

In the conversion it is seen how it loses the heights, and the degrees of inclination of the curves.

I see the solution clear, convert directly from grid1 to AC

Hi all,
I have fixed the barriers on Toban at user request.

However I need some advice about LightFX,
I changed the on/off time (again at user request) and the lights now turn off at around 6:10/6:15am but that's just the actual light emitters.
The KS-emissive shader remains on all day which just looks strange, video is from an earlier version without the time change.

Here's the jist of the extensions .ini if anyone knows a fix please let me know.
Cheers.

Code:
[CONDITION_1]
; active at 88° sun angle
NAME=NIGHT_SMOOTH
INPUT = SUN
LUT = (|0=0|90=0|90=1|180=1)
LAG = 0.97

[LIGHT_SERIES_1]
MESHES = ?lightpost?
DESCRIPTION=track lights
COLOR=1, 1, 0.9, 30
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=1
DIRECTION=NORMAL
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=100
OFFSET=0,0,0
RANGE=160
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.1
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
SPECULAR_MULT=0.5
SPOT=0
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
VOLUMETRIC_LIGHT=0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH

[LIGHT_SERIES_2]
MESHES=?lights_sub?
DESCRIPTION=pit lights
COLOR=1, 1, 0.9, 5
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=1
DIRECTION=NORMAL
FADE_AT=500
FADE_SMOOTH=100
OFFSET=0,-1,0
RANGE=15
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.1
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
SPECULAR_MULT=0.5
SPOT=0
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
VOLUMETRIC_LIGHT=0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH

and further down...

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_3]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= BULB LIGHTS SHELL
MATERIALS = LIGHTGLASS,
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0= 2,2,1,10
VALUE_0_OFF= 0, 0, 0
KEY_1 = ksAlphaRef
VALUE_1 = -193
VALUE_1_OFF = 0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH

I think this config now sorts Lernatix's updated Toban (db_toban with fixed collideable barriers) and also daBaeda's original updated Toban so the lights go out during the day.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
It's 2021, if you aren't offended by something, however trivial, you aren't doing it right.

How dare you offend me by saying I'm not doing it right! I saw that photo in your high-school yearbook where you were wearing a 'Nobody Does It Right But Me!' badge. :P

That's it. I'm going to my safe space in case you use another trigger-word on me. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
That happens to me in almost all circuits, the lighting configuration is hell, the ppf you use influences a lot but if you have installed an old track that had shaders there it may be part of the problem

Yeah must have to do with the CSP version - track was fine before, and it's the only one doing that.
It happens lol.

But it is that making that trip has cost him to lose part of the original geometry.

Here original rip from Grid to rf , but I have my doubts that it is a rip, I would say that it really only has the track and data extracted not all objects.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q3lwdkkbqbmm1/GRID_Jarama

Gilles converted the track from Grid (I know because I asked him to do it - people who were on the F1 Classics forum may remember this). He made several mistakes, including the truck being stuck in the fence at the end of the pits.
It was Gilles version that was then converted to AMS, with those mistakes left intact.
And now Easy has converted it back to AC and, sure enough, that truck is still stuck in the fence!

Gilles converted the track from Grid (I know because I asked him to do it - people who were on the F1 Classics forum may remember this). He made several mistakes, including the truck being stuck in the fence at the end of the pits.
It was Gilles version that was then converted to AMS, with those mistakes left intact.
And now Easy has converted it back to AC and, sure enough, that truck is still stuck in the fence!
That track should report to the authorities for rape hahaha

I have done a couple of laps to the track, I am uploading the video, it is very very confusing, I cannot make the same line of the track as in the real circuit because the curves do not coincide in the degrees of opening, I am constantly looking for the ideal line, as if it were new to me ... how strange.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back