Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,759 comments
Funny and not helpfull.

I just try to get the most of these bad mods by trying to rework them..
I created presets so they match their real life performance.
But the thing that bothers me are the tyre textures...

That's what I was going for TBH.

Are there any skins in this pack that might help you?
They are for GT3 cars but may give you some ideas to make a skin yourself.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ergs-tyre-pack.104065/

Last edited:
View attachment 1017563

What a fix, just taking stuff from a car that isn't even in the same class :D

Might not be true but I thought the 2019 911 GT3 R took the double-wishbone suspension from the 911 RSR? I think this is correct in that case.

Like it says in the developer menu there, "Of course, it's not always a bad thing. A lot of cars are built on the same chassis."

Last edited:
Has anyone got thoughts on how to get rid of these lines where the lightning hits differently? It's all part of the same body, but they are the lines where the UV map ends/goes to another part. I understand it has got to do with that, but I don't understand how to make the light hit equally.
Schermafbeelding-2021-06-14-om-22-23-30.png

I went to test the DDM big willow in light of the VRC one (feels great, looks terrible IMO), but can you confirm it needs a higher CSP than 1.69 rain fx (i stick on that as shadows are broken any higher).

When i loaded up DDM BW the road was totally broken on 1.69.
the VRC version is excellent. I was not really enthusiastic about its release but have been driving it almost exclusively since its release.

California Raceway v1.0 by VRC Modding Team
Willow Springs International Motorsports Park :
Download : https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/37
PS : paid mod 2.50 Euros

I cleared out the others and going with the VRC one as a keeper. We need a skin to replace the generic "california" with Willow Springs folks..
Grabbed this at midday with very little cloud cover and using Natural_Mod filter. (in my case my favorite PP, lightweight and a nice natural look to it)
SOL2.13 CSP 1.75p1

Last edited:
so, with 1.74, does anybody else have the thing when new flames are enabled there are flat out no flames at all?

really perplexed by that one
So I notice it sometimes starts out without flame and then sometimes it returns....this is when I was running a long-ish race...

Might not be true but I thought the 2019 911 GT3 R took the double-wishbone suspension from the 911 RSR? I think this is correct in that case.

Like it says in the developer menu there, "Of course, it's not always a bad thing. A lot of cars are built on the same chassis."
I mean aside from the mid-engine thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I cleared out the others and going with the VRC one as a keeper. We need a skin to replace the generic "california" with Willow Springs folks..
Grabbed this at midday with very little cloud cover and using Natural_Mod filter. (in my case my favorite PP, lightweight and a nice natural look to it)
SOL2.13 CSP 1.75p1

Yep, its the road that sort of stuck out to me the black marks. I don't know the track in real life so i guess they are present. Also the little repetitive bushes stuck out too. But for surface feel its up there with the best.

I am going the make a skin to change the road texture though and make a grass fx config.

Yep, its the road that sort of stuck out to me the black marks. I don't know the track in real life so i guess they are present. Also the little repetitive bushes stuck out too. But for surface feel its up there with the best.

I am going the make a skin to change the road texture though and make a grass fx config.

I was thinking of doing the same with the road texture (for my own use), using the 1960s Willow Springs skin from Race Department. I remember thinking that the road looked great with that.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/willow-springs-60s.32741/

EDIT: I should mention that this skin is for Tyrone's version, but it shouldn't be too big a job to change the names of the textures to match VRC's version.

Last edited:
SOL2.13 CSP 1.75p1

Do you think they got the red balance right on this one? Not tried it yet myself, not spending much time at all in any sims right now.

Has anyone got thoughts on how to get rid of these lines where the lightning hits differently? It's all part of the same body, but they are the lines where the UV map ends/goes to another part. I understand it has got to do with that, but I don't understand how to make the light hit equally.
Probably verts that aren't connected. Select one on that line and move it, if both polygons don't move with it then it's not connected.

hey mates ! has anyone ever tried changing tyres of the sim dream f1 cars?

i tried to replace the 90 season tyres with the ones from the formula rss 90

but i always get an error.. like width is out of range and so on..

or maybe just the tyre skins.. because these stock ones look ugly..
Dude, what you are doing is changing the tyres physics-wise, which is something strongly not recommended. All you need to do is to change the tire texture in each of the skin's folder. You can look up the texture name using CM.

blender basics:
upload_2021-6-15_9-3-0.png

Also, working on this but I don't think there's a high chance ill finish or release it due to lack of support
Screenshot 2021-06-15 090422.png

Last edited:
Dude, what you are doing is changing the tyres physics-wise, which is something strongly not recommended. All you need to do is to change the tire texture in each of the skin's folder. You can look up the texture name using CM.

Ok will give this a go !

So i just need to copy the rss tyre textures over the sim dream textures right?

Btw did any of you try the f1 tyres pack from RD ?
It says it changes some stuff but it only deactivates tyre wear ...

The crack sealing lines are common on the highways but I don't believe they would be on the race track. Awesome track though 👍

Since the Dallara Stradale has popped up in discussion here over the last few days, though I'd post this story on a track-only Stradale EXP that was recently spotted lapping at Monza. This thing sure can get around corners!

Hope Dallara might one day release another mod for those of us short of the huge $$$$$ it would take to own such a thing. :embarrassed:

https://www.motor1.com/news/513986/dallara-stradale-exp-spied-monza/

Last edited:
My update#1 for Esprit DDM Willow Springs:
https://we.tl/t-F6fM8bz89N
(please use original download as base for this update)

copy stuff into track folder. you can try use the new VAO file.. and delete the old ones.

Fixed some stuff, also tried to fix that weird brightness bug with normalized ambient and diffuse light.
But i guess it is still there, with standard SOL filter.
I tested many filters, and never had brightness problems.

Big Thanks @KevinK2 for AI lines.
Still the original fast-lane for big willow, because it was the fastest.
Pits-AI should be fixed by the included files of KevinK2

Perhaps we can fix more in the next update.

View attachment 1017559 View attachment 1017557 View attachment 1017560 View attachment 1017558

Hello! Can i use this with an asphalt darkening skin i have from RD? Thankss

Porsche 991 (991.2) GT3 R 2019 ACC 1.0 by crash: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2b42tezbzd908r8/crsh_porsche_gt3_2019_v1.0.rar/file

569preview.jpg

I uploaded the mod from my PC that I downloaded in the now extinct Top Race Discord. The original mod comes with directory names over 32 characters long, which causes a problem with the CM not recording mileage. I fixed this by naming it correctly. I've also put in a corrected version of the data.acd file that was made available on this topic (I don't remember the name of the member who posted it and I didn't even find the post), which fixes the original physics that makes the car bounce and suck to drive. It takes a bit of work to deal with the naming of folders and files taking care not to mess up the encryption of the data.acd file, so it's there, all ready in one package.

Maybe I'm fixed and upload the data.acd file
Thanks for upload the repacks!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back