Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
FUTURE.GPX.CYBER.FORMULA.SIN.VIER - Barcelona, Spain
Screenshot_asr_1991_jordan_191_rmi_fgcfsv_spain_30-6-121-16-37-27.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1991_jordan_191_rmi_fgcfsv_spain_30-6-121-16-31-23.jpg

Are you converting it because you're familiar with the real track and want to learn?
Yes exactly! In the future, i want to convert Losail from motogp, and maybe Hanoi from f1 game. But i need more expireance.
by default 3dsimed exports FBX as diffuse=.6 and ambient as .5

.25 is a much better starting place for both 😉

I simply hand edit the ini before import to kseditor and change them
ok, I will try it> thank you!
kseditor ---> material ---> Ksperpixel ---> select object ---> ksambient

try to change 0.5 to 0.3
Ok, Thank you!

sochi.jpg

I drove Road Atlanta today and aside from how great looks, i noticed that the lights are on all the time, just the glowing bits.
I tried the fix someone posted that worked for other tracks great, NIGHT SMOOTH.

But nope this track i can't sort, any ideas?
Road Atlanta 2018 updated ext_config. Lights are off during daytime now. Plus some adjustments to tarmac and tower building windows

Hope it works OK now

As always remove the .txt and rename it to ext_config,ini

Then place it inside the extension folder inside the track folder.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I hope its not a repost...
You can now try one TCR and one old DTM car on Tommy78's page.Thats a great move...

I tried the i30n TCR and from a short test I love it!Is so much more fun too drive then all other TCR,WTCR etc cars I tried in AC!
You can loose the rear end,you feel the weight and car is not glued to the road etc.After boosting up FFB and Aero for 1 click its huge fun.I dont know how realistic that is but I like it a lot haha
I hope Civic and others are like that.

Last edited:
Road Atlanta 2018 updated ext_config. Lights are off during daytime now. Plus some adjustments to tarmac and tower building windows

Hope it works OK now

As always remove the .txt and rename it to ext_config,ini

Then place it inside the extension folder inside the track folder.
Euhmmm... as I posted earlier, the lights were working fine.
Out of curiosity I made an extension folder, added your .ini file and now the lights are on day and night... 🤔

All updated. Thank you.

I had all with extension folders. Nevertheless, I replaced them to yours.

Just a simple google search, gave me three.
And yes, I have a few in my garage.
View attachment 1063901
View attachment 1063902

Here's one: http://uploaded.net/file/wlhwq3j6
Looks like a racing hearse.

Another Tilke dumbodrome.

I tried the i30n TCR and from a short test I love it!Is so much more fun too drive then all other TCR,WTCR etc cars I tried in AC!
You can loose the rear end,you feel the weight and car is not glued to the road etc.After boosting up FFB and Aero for 1 click its huge fun.I dont know how realistic that is but I like it a lot haha
I hope Civic and others are like that.
Yeah. But for some reason the headlight range is only a couple of meters in front of the car. Useless for night driving.
OK, they don't race at night, but the previous version was OK, why has this been changed (or was it overlooked) ?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! 1991+ SETRA S 319 UL !!!
Specs: Mercedes-Benz OM 457 hLA With 6-Speed Manual & ZF-Ecomat 2 6-Speed Automatic variety. (P.S In Automatic Version there will be LOUD ZF Transmission Noises.)
BHP: 353hp
NM : 1600nm
(^ Now have proper Engine Curves)
Encryption (None)
CSP latest version is required.!! This will include Dash Animation, And More Lighting Features and Doors Open Command (Extra A & B ). Also Now Togglable Stop Request Sign. (Extra D or C)
ALSO HAS WORKING REAR TAG STEERING WHEEL animation. (Meanwhile real wheel using 4 Wheel Steering function.)

Credits:
3D Shell: Omsi 2 mod.
3D Work: Unknown, Edit done by Myself.
Physics: Dmitrii A. x4fab (Orion VII NG) + Some Edits,
Sounds : Myself
Pictures : Myself..
Few Skins Are Included.
Archived Template Folder Included.
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!`
Any issues found please report directly to name's mentioned above.
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...
Download: https://mega.nz/file/rhJHnCxC#MVwwoAf3ATnIi-qxyAzvt-FhhlKPPPqkrCzfLSKGtdk

20210701-020510-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_setra_s_319_ul_manual-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg20210701-020522-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_setra_s_319_ul_manual-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg20210701-020545-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_setra_s_319_ul_manual-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg20210701-020607-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_setra_s_319_ul_manual-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg20210701-020622-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_setra_s_319_ul_manual-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg20210701-020624-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_setra_s_319_ul_manual-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg20210701-020616-ks_vallelunga-bk_bus_setra_s_319_ul_manual-ACP_Natural_Scifi.jpg

Euhmmm... as I posted earlier, the lights were working fine.
Out of curiosity I made an extension folder, added your .ini file and now the lights are on day and night... 🤔
OK. That's strange

With latest file I get this

I think you misunderstood me.
There is a part in the airbag area that does not turn when turning the steering wheel.
Holy moly I didn't even notice that. And unfortunately no I can't. That requires I think to either attach that part of the mesh to the steering wheel and AFAIK it can't be done in 3DSimED. But good eyes!

@Masscot Great job on the Zhejian skins, but... You missed it too 😁View attachment 1064007
Ha ha..! Thanks, no I did see that but decided to leave it in as a tribute to the modder... despite his terribad adboard mapping. ;)
With a little lot of help from @norms @slider666 and @leBluem I've changed the shader type of the rocks to ksPerPixelNM using a shader replacement config which now allows a normal map to added. Rocks look a lot better now.

1625077023024.jpeg

Just replace the current track extension folder with this one (it also contains the ...nm.dds)

Here's the complete skins folder and extension folder for any new downloader. I'll update the original post too.
Drop into the st_zhejiang track folder and overwrite when asked.

Screenshot_bmw_1m_cup_p2p_st_zhejiang_30-6-121-12-9-36.jpg Screenshot_bmw_1m_cup_p2p_st_zhejiang_30-6-121-12-10-8.jpg Screenshot_bmw_1m_cup_p2p_st_zhejiang_30-6-121-12-10-29.jpg Screenshot_bmw_1m_cup_p2p_st_zhejiang_30-6-121-12-10-57.jpg Screenshot_bmw_1m_cup_p2p_st_zhejiang_30-6-121-12-15-34.jpg

All clipping, scaling, stretching, framing, warping issues are because of the way the adboards were mapped by the original modder. I did my best with what I had... sorry!

The track (without these updates) can be downloaded here:
https://sharemods.com/41wf68g3kfjy/st_zhejiang.rar.html

Last edited:
Ha ha..! Thanks, no I did see that but decided to leave it in as a tribute to the modder... despite his terribad adboard mapping. 😉
That's what I decided too, after I spotted it. But the track looks 100 times better without his logo scrawled across half of the billboards :)

Ha ha..! Thanks, no I did see that but decided to leave it in as a tribute to the modder... despite his terribad adboard mapping. 😉
With a little lot of help from @norms @slider666 and @leBluem I've changed the shader type of the rocks to ksPerPixelNM using a shader replacement config which now allows a normal map to added. Rocks look a lot better now.

View attachment 1064046

Just replace the current track extension folder with this one (it also contains the ...nm.dds)

Here's the complete skins folder and extension folder for any new downloader. I'll update the original post too.

View attachment 1064060 View attachment 1064061 View attachment 1064062 View attachment 1064063 View attachment 1064064
Great effort and much appreciated. This version of the track is so much better than the one we had before and these improvements are fantastic.

View attachment 1064046

View attachment 1064060 View attachment 1064061 View attachment 1064062 View attachment 1064063 View attachment 1064064
I did a complete overhaul ext_config, but not yet finished, if you allow me i will add your strings to the code in order to fix that weird rocks and i will add also your skin to the package in order to have everthing in one place XD

View attachment 1064046

i dont have this track? I have "a" Zheijiang but this does not work with it?
1625078588120.png

1625078683780.png

can you do a solid and link to the track this is meant for?

Last edited:
i dont have this track? I have "a" Zheijiang but this does not work with it?
View attachment 1064067
View attachment 1064068

can you do a solid and link to the track this is meant for?
I think it was linked here in the last few days?
edit:

I've added the track link to my skin post above.

Last edited:
It's a pity that, as usual, the pit lane spaces are always few and far between, which is a fault of many circuit designers.
on some of these older tracks I suspect it goes back to the days of potato computers where more than XX cars would drag the game to a standstill. Its easy enough to add more though, just grab a copy of 3dsimed hit that copy-pasta and rename.

I think it was linked here in the last few days?
edit:
thanks.. the search function leaves a little to be desired.. wish it could be filtered from latest result downward... most of these hits are the "other" one...
1625079061092.png

I did a complete overhaul ext_config, but not yet finished, if you allow me i will add your strings to the code in order to fix that weird rocks and i will add also your skin to the package in order to have everthing in one place XD
Of course, go for it. Much better to have it all bundled together.
Don't forget the new ...nm.dds that's in the extension folder. ;)

This was the text I added to the ext-config:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = GRRIANRAK
SHADER = ksPerPixelNM
RESOURCE_1=txNormal
RESOURCE_FILE_1 = rocks_nm.dds

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back