Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
As you know, there's a skin pack for the formula hybrid 21 that is based on the 2012 cars; is anyone here mentally ok enough to do the suits and the helmets (with optional compatibility to the ACSPRH mod)?

Nice work chaps, I really like the layout of this track and these updates are very welcome. The only problem I noticed is that there is major LOD pop when coming back on the back half of the track probably caused by the blanket LOD_OUT = 500 in the ext_config. Add this after the first LOD_OUT section to fix that:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = 1TREES_LINE017, 1TREES_LINE016, house_picek01, 1groove_plane01
LOD_OUT = 700
I was unsure if keep the lod or not for other problems too (that's why i set it to 500), but thanks for this fix ;)

Of course, but lots of folks dont know how to do that, or dont even think about that and will download the track and install your changes and newer know there was great looking vegetation at all. Fat -Alfie tracks are not generic tracks with bad looking vegetation, they are really well made. Maybe worths a mention in the descrioption that old vegetation is disabled by default. I use it with your grass fx and look great combined.
Fixed as you can see a bit above, who downloaded the updated, should redownload the new link ;)

BTW, RSR Live Timing will not work with Bremgarten, unless someone else provides a fix to the "Quarry section," the low area at the beginning of the track (see video thumbnail). Fat-Alfie is aware of the issue, but he prefers "puffs of dust" over allowing RSR-LT to work with his track. I wonder if there's a way to keep the "puffs," but still keep the lap valid.

"The lap will be invalidated due to the parts of the track in the 'Quarry' section with low levels of grip (to give the small puffs of dust from the wheels). I won't be changing that as I like the effect it gives."

This is a raw capture of some first test laps on this INCREDIBLE track mod. Of course the car did not exist by the time Bremgarten was "closed" as a race track (except for one event in the 80's). I'll be producing a more "formal" video over the weekend.

Last edited:
BTW, RSR Live Timing will not work with Bremgarten, unless someone else provides a fix to the "Quarry section," the low area at the beginning of the track (see video thumbnail). Fat-Alfie is aware of the issue, but he prefers "puffs of dust" over allowing RSR-LT to work with his track. I wonder if there's a way to keep the "puffs," but still keep the lap valid.

"The lap will be invalidated due to the parts of the track in the 'Quarry' section with low levels of grip (to give the small puffs of dust from the wheels). I won't be changing that as I like the effect it gives."

This is a raw capture of some first test laps on this INCREDIBLE track mod. Of course the car did not exist by the time Bremgarten was "closed" as a race track (except for one event in the 80's). I'll be producing a more "formal" video over the weekend.

RSR Live Timing works fine for me with Bremgarten.

RSR Live Timing works fine for me with Bremgarten.
The new version by Fat Alfie?

The new version by Fat Alfie?

Yes, and the second time I used the same car as you. Was no problem. Of course I don't have your driving skills - so I probably don't use the track limits (no idea if that matters).

Kart Tracks?

I've searched but haven't found...

Buckmore
Geelong
Victoria (Go Kart Club of)
Grantham
Atlanta

Anyone working on them?
Would love some high quality CSP enabled indoor tracks. It should be pretty immersive in VR.

65011237_722085048226310_5722605611917508608_o-e1562337402204.jpg

22770914_1952932168257148_8744379285408531840_o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

OK. Thanks.
Fence is looking fine now.
Almost all trucks/tents too, but there's one that managed to escape 🙂
View attachment 1064297

That said, could you darken the grass a bit, so it looks more natural ?

View attachment 1064299

And then there is that starting light...
I can see on the video you posted (see pic below) that the horizontal pole is indeed that long.
But from the looks of it, it is supported by three pylons (at least that's how I think it is done, since I can't find any RL pictures of the spot). But it must be since I see no way this long thing will hold like it is made in the in-game picture above.

It should be possible to add something like it and then it would be more realistic.
And there's the trees...😇

It's mostly because the track is so bare that all these things draw so much attention...

View attachment 1064298
I did everything I could. remove the trees that seemed unreal to you, the ext_config was taken care of by @slider then the rest will be like this. unfortunately I did everything in my power. excuse. If someone wants to modify things to do them but respect the part of credits.https://mega.nz/file/lgQURTID#BzaMhOG9p5TQusPOaR0lblZmVgRtBo2_Pv6SzD6PgiQ

Thanks a lot 🙂

I've made a quick and dirty flicker fix. Moved some stuff further away from the background, removed the green startlights and those orange tirewallthingies (IMHO it's better to have none than flickering objects, as it really drives me mad). It's definitely not the best solution. I only got 3DSimed installed ATM, so this is the best I could do for now. And some windows are requiring a remapping, as they look weird. I really need 3D Studio... but it's such a long time ago I've used it... in the "good" old rf1 days 😁

Sadly I keep getting a virus detection and the DL disappears each time after it's finished... ?

Anyone ambitious to break Rosemeyer's race lap record at Bremgarten in Gary Paterson's Auto Union Type C (modified by @PepperoniAC24) might want to substitute these lines for the HIDE_OBJECT lines in Driver3D.ini

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:GOGGLES
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:FLYING_HELMET
[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

Yes, and the second time I used the same car as you. Was no problem. Of course I don't have your driving skills - so I probably don't use the track limits (no idea if that matters).
I too get a 'track cut' message from RSR, and I drove straight through the middle of that section...

Austria 2021: BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich - Track Skin 2.0.0

By: Random Finn

This is a simple update I made to my recent track skin to align with the upcoming 2021 Von Österreich Austrian Grand Prix.

Some textures are borrowed from @Blackcelica with permission.

SOME TEXTURES MAY APPEAR MIRRORED, REPEATED, AND CROPPED. THIS IS BECAUSE THE KUNOS VERSION IS NOT VERY FLEXIBLE WITH CUSTOM TEXTURES.

Skin_1_Update_2.jpg

Skin_2_Update_2.jpg

Skin_3_Update_2.jpg

Skin_4_Update_2.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Last edited:
TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

FAT ALFIE BREMGARTEN

• Updated EXT_CONFIG with RainFX, GrassFX and water (Updated v1.1 with the original grass by Fat-Alfie tweaked)
  • New VAO Patches

Original post updated too

According to Fat-Alfie, VAO is not needed. Unless you want to add AO on top his AO.

I would like to help you, but I don't know what the problem is. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry
I tried it again with the AUto Union Type C and it worked, maybe it was the car's fault, first I drove the kunos Lotus 25...

I noticed that on the ST_Zhejiang track once you enter pit lane not only does your lap time get invalidated but it also doesn't advance a lap once you cross the s/f-line. Can I fix this with virtually no knodledge of modding myself, and if not could somebody fix this (if it's not too much work)?

Windows Defender is issuing a false positive - don't know why...
is a false positive, so go ahead.

According to Fat-Alfie, VAO is not needed. Unless you want to add AO on top his AO.
On my system i didn't noticed any problem with new VAO, btw everything can be removed, so is up to you what to do.

I improved his ext_config which is not complete for personal tastes, VAO is optional

I tried it again with the AUto Union Type C and it worked, maybe it was the car's fault, first I drove the kunos Lotus 25...

I have driven 3 cars on Bremgarten so far (Tesla Model3, Ferrari 312/67 and Lotus 25). No problems at all with RSR. That is quite strange. I can't imagine that the problem is related to a car. But I'm also not an expert.
bremgartenrsr2.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back