Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
It's been a month since you asked this but all you really need is the st flow shader from RD and most tracks should load just fine https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stflow-shader.23999/
Some tracks might also need this one

We run online races every now and then and some still don't use CM so i tried to figure out why some tracks did not load since we really wanted to use them (rtZolder and vheHockenheim) and in the log files i found that it was the missing shader(s).
Thank you! Just place the files in the root folder?

Thank you! Just place the files in the root folder?
Yea, that worked for me - dropped the sdk and system folder into root.
There's still a select few tracks that will not load and throw some error or even an acs.exe crash but a vast majority that did not load before works now.

I have a question about PC hardware for AC.

I run a 4k display with a Radeon 6800XT videocard, 32GB of RAM, and a 6 core AMD 5600X CPU.

When I run higher grid counts the FPS goes down.

Does anyone know if a 12 core CPU would make a difference here?
As i understand it AC runs predominantly on 1 core, happy to be corrected.
I am sure more cores won't hurt though.
Obviously also depends what cars your running, some mods (tracks and cars) simply don't play well with high grids, i can do 20 plus grids with kunos cars and tracks then i run 9 mod cars on a mod track and it can run poorly.

Some mods though are better than kunos cars as they most likely have a lot missing under the shells or are from rfactor etc.

I cant seem to really get any of those GTS sources to a working condition.
If someone can throw me a FBX or OBJ with textures assigned... things can start rolling.
Well i was trying to convert the OBJ to FBX using Blender, but it takes really long to load since the file size being around 1.GB to 2.GB.

BTW, i been planning on doing a fan-made AC intro movie using the intro BGM from a forgotten PS2 racing sim.

Last edited:

I run a 4k display with a Radeon 6800XT videocard, 32GB of RAM, and a 6 core AMD 5600X CPU.

Get the latest CSP preview with the new AMD FidelityFX feature from https://www.patreon.com/x4fab, that should give you more FPS gains than more CPU cores would.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Content_Manager_dOdBDJ0vpv.png
    Content_Manager_dOdBDJ0vpv.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Content_Manager_XVPBKSsvrs.png
    Content_Manager_XVPBKSsvrs.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 64
Still letting the news about Shaun Clarke sink in.

His Ginetta G55 GT4 is my favourite mod for AC and has been for years. It is always my go-to car when I just want a quick race against the AI.
I remember speaking to him about skins for this car, and about some of his other cars too. I was looking forward to him updating the physics for Legion's Formula Ford. Sadly this will now never happen.

I shall continue to use his mods for a long time to come, although now I imagine that the experience will be a little more bittersweet.

Rest in peace, Shaun.

Last edited:
RIP Shaun Clarke.

I'm saddened about him passing away, the Seat Leon TCR was the first car mod I downloaded on RaceDepartment back in 2018, few months after I bought the game and started to test mods... That Leon TCR felt so good to drive, you could really feel it was representative of a TCR car. I even remember him talking about having the help of Carl Swift, a TCR UK Series driver.
I know all his other cars are also really good, like the Mini or the Radical, but I had the most fun in that Seat Leon.
I still got screenshots of it before I had Content Manager or CSP. I was so happy I got AC back then especially when I found car mods could be that good thanks to Shaun.

I can promise that it will be to-die-for.
This has to be the best moment to use that expression 😁 RIP shaun clarke, had lots of fun using his mods as well and always wondered why he left.

----

Also, I´m ditching the Long Beach rework because the lidar scan for it is actually publicly available (thought it wasn´t, but checked again a few days ago and...)
Unfortunately this means my project is further delayed and I probably wont be releasing a version with the progress I had made before; I made some things from scratch (textures mostly) so those will go to the new version now.
Fortunately it means the base mesh will be better and the track more public, I guess.

lb.PNG

Very sad to hear about Shaun :( I' ve spent many hours enjoying his Radical and Ginetta mods

I've using a very old cpu, i5 2500K which still performs fairly well in AC but I have been considering upgrading to a 5600x . . . do the Ryzen chips not work well with AC? How large are the grids you run?

Anyone else here with experience of Ryzen Zen 3 in AC? I only game at 1080p but at 144Hz so a strong cpu is kinda important for smooth gameplay.

Last edited:
Hi there. Im giving my first shots at rainfx and grassfx, but at Estoril88 im having this problem with some curbs. They act/look like mirrors. Can anyone point what am i missing here? Thanks in advance!!
Screenshot_f1_1997_mclaren_estoril1988_16-6-121-1-24-2.png

Last edited:
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) v1.1
RTM / ACTK v1.1
Fix F6 cameras
Fix tyres.ini
Fix collider.kn5 and colliders.ini
Fix setup.ini
Add wipers
Add lod
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1332

rtm_arta_garaiya_gt500.png
Very nice - one of my favourite cars from old-skool Gran Turismo!
The Michelin decal on the carbon 'rear window' disappears with the first LOD, which is quite noticeable when following behind. Could this be tweaked?

Note that the 11 skins from Shuichi's recent update also work with this one - useful for spec races.

1626419451988.png

Do it as you already are and then use Compressanator to compress the DDS without losing any quality
so do I save it in DXT5 and then use that tool (which I don't know where to find) to regain that quality lost?

edit: @delpinsky helped me with the color compression by making me use Intel Texture Works. Perfect file size, nice colours. BUT when I open CM showroom to see my skin it crashes, white screen on the showroom and all CM is blocked. Works fine in game, but as I spend a lot of time on the skin in the showroom this might cause me some problems

Last edited:
quick question, DXT5 compresses like **** colours. What can I do to get a good colour representation without losing too much quality and without having enormous skin sizes?
strangely, I HATE oversaturaration of colours, makes it look like Pcars2 (cartoonish) and the DXT5 colour loos creates a more "natural" colour band IMO. Downside is colours at the extreme (230+) tend to end up at 255 and it can make it worse for some colours that are at the fringes.

strangely, I HATE oversaturaration of colours, makes it look like Pcars2 (cartoonish) and the DXT5 colour loos creates a more "natural" colour band IMO. Downside is colours at the extreme (230+) tend to end up at 255 and it can make it worse for some colours that are at the fringes.
the only problem I get is the extreme pixelation dictated by the compression. Seems someone passed sand paper all over the skin

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back