Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
@yrrab @Pencil @El Locho thanks for the replies. Honestly this situation is so strange, I've never found a mod that crashes randomly 😂 I can send an email to URD and wait for a reply, but I don't think they use the contact page on sellfy for any type of troubleshooting :boggled:
I have tried contacting them with no reply but please have a go this is the Email i used before
ales@unitedracingdesign.net

@yrrab @Pencil @El Locho thanks for the replies. Honestly this situation is so strange, I've never found a mod that crashes randomly 😂 I can send an email to URD and wait for a reply, but I don't think they use the contact page on sellfy for any type of troubleshooting :boggled:
I have sent them messages in the past asking for help on one of their products. I got zero response. One of the many reasons I will not purchase from them again.

I'm getting massive lag whenever I update to any version of CSP post 1.73. Does anyone else experience it?
Try turning off vsync in CSP/Assetto settings and running it via AMD/NOVIDYA software. I can't remember if thats the exact fix, but it was definitely vsync related on my setup.

Try turning off vsync in CSP/Assetto settings and running it via AMD/NOVIDYA software. I can't remember if thats the exact fix, but it was definitely vsync related on my setup.
Having navigators (sat nav) active used to cause me horrendous lag and stuttering. I was so pleased when I tracked the issue down and globally disabled them in CSP settings.

@yrrab yes 😎
@chas1723 I like their mods but there are always some little defects... it's a 7 on 10. The only reason I really want to make this pack usable is for the Viper 😞 Anyway, It's troubleshooting time hahaha
I have a recollection that there was an issue with one of the brakes on the Viper that caused this type of crash. URD posted a fix somewhere but for some reason the download file may not have been updated. I’ll be at my rig in about 10 hours if you haven’t found a solution by then.

Edit: Pretty sure this was it!

Last edited:
There are a couple of new 'rare gems' on Legion's blog:

Finally got around to trying the Lola T70. Love it!
@GzeroD the steering felt very light, almost power assisted, so in car.ini I dropped the steer assist from the default 1.0 down to 0.55 and it feels more aligned with my completely imaginary expectations of what rack-and-pinion steering would feel like on fat vintage crossplys. I now need to wrestle the wheel a lot more than before.

I have a recollection that there was an issue with one of the brakes on the Viper that caused this type of crash. URD posted a fix somewhere but for some reason the download file may not have been updated. I’ll be at my rig in about 10 hours if you haven’t found a solution by then.

Edit: Pretty sure this was it!
It works like a charm! Thanks mate, I was really desperate 😁 😁

I'm getting massive lag whenever I update to any version of CSP post 1.73. Does anyone else experience it?
yes i use 1.74 and apart from the slow loading there is a significant loss of FPS with 24 AI drivers on the track the game crashes and comes up with 99% error, it seems that at the moment there is no solution or a fix

Apologies, more than likely something wrong here too...

porsche_911_gt3_cup_2021 skins
(fixed)

This thing:

294633_raw_21.jpg

Last edited:
Well this is very good. A lot of care and work went into this from this guy, best bit is with the hard work done it simple to change tracks / cars weather etc etc...

Never been one for careers in sims, and the original one was horrendous. But this has for a few hours torn me away from fiddling with settings and messing about making mods to cars in blender. Dare i say put a bit of fun into the many hours actually not racing in AC.

Good on him.
Nothing to do with me so if you download it read the stuff on RD, it will remove the original career.

Last edited:
I have vsync set to off, but I have a FPS limiter set to 200. Is there a separate vsync setting in CSP settings? It's always a pain to look for a very specific CSP setting.
yes i use 1.74 and apart from the slow loading there is a significant loss of FPS with 24 AI drivers on the track the game crashes and comes up with 99% error, it seems that at the moment there is no solution or a fix
I'm having this issue on single car practice sessions (which is most of the time for me). Creating LODs for modded cars was a lifesaver for my scarce races, although the latest CSP versions brought the "99% CPU usage" error back. Recently I changed my CPU to a very new I7 9700 (not overclocked though) which is a vast improvement over my previous CPU and should be capable of handling this.

I have vsync set to off, but I have a FPS limiter set to 200. Is there a separate vsync setting in CSP settings? It's always a pain to look for a very specific CSP setting.

I'm having this issue on single car practice sessions (which is most of the time for me). Creating LODs for modded cars was a lifesaver for my scarce races, although the latest CSP versions brought the "99% CPU usage" error back. Recently I changed my CPU to a very new I7 9700 (not overclocked though) which is a vast improvement over my previous CPU and should be capable of handling this.
Why would you not try 1.75? Latest one.
If that doesn't fix it work your way back till you find a CSP that works for you.

I just tried 1.75 and it lags like hell with just one car. Went back to 1.73 and it's all fine.

I hope future versions are less buggy. Eventually 1.73 will be outdated and future mods will require newer CSP versions...

Porsche 959 2020 (V1.01a) Update by Shokeus Act80's , (forceful, AssumedGuitar37)

Update : interior complet , rollcage , physics complet (hybrid motor) , wheels , tyres , spoiler front and rear , engine cover , ligths , sound , skin , template , flammes , ect .... , not finish !

View attachment 1071538

Link : https://mega.nz/file/4MJ0ALxb#JRCW63R4RDGSKwzfgfR_lMZLRI_vK0vYPV5K1ZYbBl8

Enjoy !
Wow this is a hoot to drive! What a beast! Thanks for all your hard work and sharing it. Your stuff never disappoints. :cheers:

Thought it was about time I said hello instead of hiding, and also say a massive thank you to everyone in here. I've recently reinstalled AC and this place has become my go to for info and mods and you've all made my AC folder HUUUUUGE once again :lol::lol:. Anyways just wanted to ask a question about CM. I'm a bit confused about the extension folder containing ext_config.ini that is in some of the car mods folders. Should this be moved to the CM extension folder in the AC directory?
Hi
Sometimes the folder does get huge. I think the ini is good right where it is. Welcome.

I wonder if it's possible to edit the V8Corsa mod. And create this... thing. Btw who remembers this?

Attachments

• holden-commodore-v8-supercar-drift-car (1).jpg
    holden-commodore-v8-supercar-drift-car (1).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 49
  • holden-commodore-v8-supercar-drift-car (2).jpg
    holden-commodore-v8-supercar-drift-car (2).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 47
  • holden-commodore-v8-supercar-drift-car.jpg
    holden-commodore-v8-supercar-drift-car.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 46
Porsche 959 2020 (V1.01a) Update by Shokeus Act80's , (forceful, AssumedGuitar37)

Update : interior complet , rollcage , physics complet (hybrid motor) , wheels , tyres , spoiler front and rear , engine cover , ligths , sound , skin , template , flammes , ect .... , not finish !

Link : https://mega.nz/file/4MJ0ALxb#JRCW63R4RDGSKwzfgfR_lMZLRI_vK0vYPV5K1ZYbBl8

Enjoy !
Thanks for sharing. Something weird is going on with the left hand side window in VR mode (Oculus), can somebody confirm that? There's no window on the passenger side and the instrument clusters need some proper positioning.

porsche_959_vr.jpg

Edit: Found ApexVGear's post...

Last edited:
v1.3
fixed shaders wheel
add damage glass
carpaint working
add pbr textures

before:
Screenshot_ap_fiat_131_abarth_spa_3-7-121-9-31-27.jpg

Screenshot_ap_fiat_131_abarth_spa_3-7-121-9-25-31.jpg

after pbr textures:
Screenshot_ap_fiat_131_abarth_spa_3-7-121-9-31-41.jpg

Screenshot_ap_fiat_131_abarth_spa_3-7-121-9-25-46.jpg
Nice additions to Abarth!
Could you also fix cams? Especially from POV (driver model is visible) and from hood (not properly centered).

===

Btw, I've send you in DM days ago a message about Audi DTM '01 (another version of Audi from Assettoland have new ext_config with interesting visual features), but you didn't responce on.

And in order not to produce a bunch of messages, about Opel DTM '01: it seems that the skins AO greatly darkened them, compared to the previous version.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back