Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
New darker frost-free grass, grunged-up billboards and basic RainFX for Teddie's update of Zolder '67 (track folder name: ted_zolder67_reworked)

(track was posted here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1638#post-13221125)

Screenshot_ac_legends_chaparral_2e_ted_zolder67_reworked_2-9-121-17-16-4.jpg
Screenshot_ac_legends_chaparral_2e_ted_zolder67_reworked_2-9-121-17-16-40.jpg

New darker frost-free grass, grunged-up billboards and basic RainFX for Teddie's update of Zolder '67 (track folder name: ted_zolder67_reworked)

(track was posted here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1638#post-13221125)

View attachment 1077878 View attachment 1077879

Beautiful circuit, shame about the lack of trackside spectators, it would give more spectacle with the fans crowded along the track.

@alfa_r4 has very kindly done a great job of adding the short route to the recent Castle Hill 2021 update.
Full v1.1 updated track here, with Madcowie's credits now also added to the UI:

Moderators: please don't merge these two messages, they refer to totally different tracks and it might cause confusion.

Last edited:
@alfa_r4 has very kindly done a great job of adding the short route to the recent Castle Hill 2021 update.

Moderators: please don't merge these two messages, they refer to totally different tracks and it might cause confusion.
marked it down for the ext_config update i promised you ;)

Beautiful track. Best looking surrounding terrain/hills ever. Kinda Grobnik-ey layout. And the shadows on the spectators really kicks up the immersion. Great job!

Last edited:
Further updates as suggested would definitely improve it - and would require a modder with a further skillset. It's getting there and hope it reaches the 5-star rating someday...

Are you using screen or VR? On screen, tree colours, ambient shadows, night-lighting and rainFX look superb on 4K resolution.
I'm using VR, and I can also view the track on my BenQ widescreen. Most of the other tracks I have (over 1,200) look good. For this mod, the grass is pale looking, as well as some of the trees close to the track. Some of the trees surrounding the track are a darker green.

Prato NPK - mod feature updates

View attachment 1077856

Mod Features for Long & Short layouts:
  • new AI lanes (pit & fast)
  • multiple replay cams
  • track & ambient lighting
  • rain FX
  • VAO patch-file
  • background screen images

• CM/CSP required
  • original AI lane files included (backup)...
  • original ext_config file included (backup)...
View attachment 1077858

Credits to @RMi_wood for track-mod.
Mod update brought to you by @raceabit & @racealot.

RD-Link
Prato Cirquit - mod update

RD files have been updated to work with @norms track-release posted on 08May2021.

POST-LINK

@Fall Guy - thanks for bringing this to my attention, as I'd forgotten about it.

Credits to @norms and @slider666.

RD-Link

Last edited:
I remember you. I just recently drove Glendale and it's a super high quality conversion, only AI is a bit slow, and I'm a slow driver myself. :D

About that particular Silverstone layout (which is the best Silverstone ever IMO), we only have Gilles' version, very bad one. So this is good news, for most of us I'm sure. What is the source of that Silverstone conversion? I assume it's a conversion.
Unfortunately you know how AC's AI works, I tried to make it faster but on that kind of track with those elevations changes a faster AI always nuked itself in some corners especially on the West and Club layouts that use the "jump" section.

For the Silverstone track you may be surprised but it's another conversion from the Shift series they use basically the same, although Shift 2 has some models downgraded, like the less detailed kerbs, some are flat instead of 3D shaped, and flat Tyrestacks barriers, so I used the NFS Shift version with the road section of Shift 2 because of the better default UV mapping. The Shift series has the best accessible 3D representation of that circuit in that era imho, ofc it's not laser scan quality but I think it's light years ahead of the Gilles's 1999 version. Of course you know how Shift tracks are decorated so I put a lot of effort on changing the aspect of the track to get a more appropriate 2005-2006 look (on which this version is based), I remade a lot of textures, remodeled some elements, i've added pit in and pit out roadlines and etc and I'm still optimising for the AC engine merging models and materials.

Last edited:
Just a heads up...

The RD files will also work with @norms track-release posted on 08May2021, with the exception of the ext_config-file and VAO-files.

POST-LINK

Attached is a revised ext_config-file + original (backup).

@Fall Guy - thanks for bringing this to my attention, as I'd forgotten about it.

Have just completed a test - all OK.

Note: rename txt-file to its original name/format <prato_cirquit __racealot-update.7z> to extract content...

Personally I prefer the version from @RMi_wood but the trees and billboards really need some overhaul. Unfortunately my own skin provided on RD doesn´t work with RMI´s conversion but currently I don´t have the time to re-edit it again so that it suits. :( Maybe @Masscot could get his hands on some new fictional skin?

Last edited:
Hi! You may remember me for my conversion of Glendale Raceway from NFS Shift-Shift 2 Unleashed, yes I'm alive btw, today I want to tease you with something new (or rather old I'd say)...

I didn't knew about Glendale for AC. Thanks a lot. It's really a very high quality conversion :D
Is your Silverstone based on the rf1 version, aka Northamptonshire?

Unfortunately you know how AC's AI works, I tried to make it faster but on that kind of track with those elevations changes a faster AI always nuked itself in some corners especially on the West and Club layouts that use the "jump" section.

For the Silverstone track you may be surprised but it's another conversion from the Shift series they use basically the same, although Shift 2 has some models downgraded, like the less detailed kerbs, some are flat instead of 3D shaped, and flat Tyrestacks barriers, so I used the NFS Shift version with the road section of Shift 2 because of the better default UV mapping. The Shift series has the best accessible 3D representation of that circuit in that era imho, ofc it's not laser scan quality but I think it's light years ahead of the Gilles's 1999 version. Of course you know how Shift tracks are decorated so I put a lot of effort on changing the aspect of the track to get a more appropriate 2005-2006 look (on which this version is based), I remade a lot of textures, remodeled some elements, i've added pit in and pit out roadlines and etc and I'm still optimising for the AC engine merging models and materials.
I see. On east layout AI actually eludes me as usual. :D But as said, it's great track.

Being another Shift series conversion, that actually raises my expectations for Silverstone. Any chance it would be multiple layout version, including old national layout? At least Shift 2's track list has four layouts so I'm guessing the "facilities" should all be there..? :odd:

For those of you wondering about it, I am unable to capture HDR video in WIndows11 (to my knowledge no such capture software exists yet?)and tryng to record it from screen ends up looking super bleached with no colour basically,

so i did a side by side capture of AutoHDR (Windows retones games internally to work on HDR monitors) with Windows in HDR mode. and monitors in HDR mode

and my old ReShade preset in Windows SDR mode, but monitor set to HDR with a super tweaked ReShade that forces colour ramps and tioning to make the game look ok in HDR.

In windows 10, swapping between games that support HDR and those that do not requires going into the menus, disabling HDR, then disabling HDR on each of your three monitors etc etc, and then disabling/enabling SweetFX or Reshade to get stuff to work,

I have found in Win11, with even particularly challenging games "it just works", allowing me to toss reshade out and win back some FPS, and jsut leave my windows and monitors in HDR mode all the time.

For AC, disable HDR options in CSP completely, then turn on AutoHDR in Windows 11, the result is dramatically better than the attempt by CSP. (that video still being editted i'll replace this one once complete) and welcome to the world of tommorow, where HDR is not a pain in the ass anymore!!

(another upside is to get reshade to display properly midtones and contrast had to be tweaked so hard i lost a lot of glare off the road because it would jsut clip to pure white, its the most obvious difference below also the balcks are correct in the AutoHDR mode, compared to being a bit dull in the Reshade mode, the win11 formula its all "correct", with no tweaking required.)

CSP side
1630618660384.png

Windows11 Side
1630618720299.png

Last edited:
The only one who could do this would be @Pyyer I guess, thinking about his phenomenal work on Spa.
I don't know if this was asked, but is somebody working on changing/improving Zandvoort 2020(the one where not supposed to be using) regarding an F1 grand prix event? So adding the temporary grandstands, billboards, painting the curbs, etc. The track itself is great, but it could use a small update regarding these things to make it a bit more real life feeling and up to date. Thank you a million to the one that is doing it or is willing to do it(as I simply can't do it myself).
Working on it since monday...
Zandvoort is almost there...
Will release probably tomorrow I think... ;)

Reworked AI, Rain and Grass FX, VAO's and Spectator Removal Pack:

Well if you are like me, and hate people, especially 2D ones, or people who are low on polygons, you find them distracting and want them gone. So I began trying to remove them from some tracks. I believe it was @RMi_wood who posted instructions on how to get rid of them via Content Manager a while back, and would like to thank him for that hint. I was originally just doing it for myself, but thought I'd share.

Jumping down the rabbit hole, I decided to also add detailed rain fx, grass fx, and VAO's (some missing or broken on github), and also work on the ai for the tracks that I felt could use some help.

For the 1988 series of tracks (thanks to @Rainmaker87 for the conversions), I tried to get period correct cars working on them, which included the 1988 F1 mod, and the VRC MP4/4's. I don't have a link to the 1988 F1 mod, unfortunately. I have no idea where I got them, and subsequent searches have yielded nothing. If anyone has a link to share that would be great.

The ai isn't perfect, but should be okay to get races going somewhat proficiently. Silverstone 88 turned out to be difficult with the VRC mod, surprisingly, as the bumps seemed to be upsetting the car's suspension at the exits of a few corners. Not much I can do with that, sorry to say. AI was tested mainly at 100% strength and 80% aggression. If you are using other mods or Kunos cars, you may be able to remove the ai hints, YMMV. Also thanks to Esotics for his ai lines on Hockenheim (and the all important AI Helper app).

Grass FX is also missing on several, so I used my copy and paste ninja skills and stole a few from existing tracks and implemented them if necessary. Thanks to guys like Zwiss , leBluem , slider666 , Blamer, PeterBoese, Gutbomb, Mascot, Kavoriken, and possibly others for these configs. My apologies to anybody I've left out unintentionally. I am not a grass fx guru, so please feel free to improve them for the community.

Track list:
-Adelaide 1988
-Detroit 1988
-Detroit 2021 (Belle Island, Gutbomb version, but should work for others)
-Estoril 1988
-Goldcoast
-Hermanos Rodriguez 1988
-Hockenheim 1988
-Hockenheim 1988 (Zwiss version)
-Hungaroring 1988
-Imola 1988
-Jacarepagua 1988 (Gutbomb version)
-Jerez 1988
-Jerez 1988_edited (Teddie version)
-Mid America Motoplex (easy update)
-Monaco 1988
-Montreal 1988
-Monza 1988
-Paul Ricard 1988
-Resevoir GP
-Silverstone 1988
-Spa 1988
-Surfer's Paradise
-Suzuka 1988

Back up your tracks before adding any on this. If you have any weird stuff going on with your ai after updating, check your track's ai folder and remove any .bin or caching files and let CM rewrite new ones, or turn off "new ai behavior". Spectator removal works through CM/Settings/Custom Shaders Patch/Track Adjustments/Hide Spectators button. Rain and Grass fx are placed in a new extension folder per track. If there was already one existing, I've added it to that config file. New VAO's are also placed in each track's folder, and seem to work over the old broken ones, so it doesn't look like there is a need to find and delete the older files.

Also, please don't ask me for track links, they should be able to found doing searches here or your browser.

Download:

Enjoy
Original link updated to version 2.

Updated to accomodate latest versions of Rainmaker's 1988 conversions, as the first version of this mod were made for older versions of the tracks. AI, road mesh, and a few other things were updated in latest versions, so I went through everything again, and made adjustments. Silverstone's road mesh is much better in last update. My apologies, as I originally downloaded the tracks from the assettocorsa.club website, and it apparently hasn't been updated to latest versions.

Please look at readme files in each track's folder. It will include download links to the 1988 tracks from Rainmaker and the subsequent Easy "updates". I also found a version of Jerez by Teddie. User will have to decide which version they prefer, and I've left instructions in the readme, mostly to deal with VAO patch files.

The other tracks included remain unchanged.

Reworked AI, Rain and Grass FX, VAO's and Spectator Removal Pack version 2:

Just a heads up...

The RD files will also work with @norms track-release posted on 08May2021, with the exception of the ext_config-file and VAO-files.

POST-LINK

Attached is a revised ext_config-file + original (backup).

Have just completed a test - all OK.

Note: rename txt-file to its original name/format <prato_cirquit __racealot-update.7z> to extract content...

Is there another version of Prato apart from the NKP versions?
I've got three now: RMI's (with two grids/pits and both layouts) and one long, one short (these are old tracks - from RD I think). All obviously from the same NKP source.
I added your config but the separate long and short versions have no GrassFX so I'm assuming there's another (non-NKP) version?
All three have bad telegraph wires above (and to the side of) tree walls, seating etc.

Edit: never mind, just realised there's a @norms and @slider666 version too. That makes 4 Prato tracks in total.
My brain hurts.

Edit 2: the low-res mountains and rocks added to norms/slider track kind of spoil the look for me, but the grass etc looks great.
As someone said, a combo of both (or all four?) tracks is probably needed. Happy to do a billboard skin at some point.

Last edited:
I didn't knew about Glendale for AC. Thanks a lot. It's really a very high quality conversion :D
Is your Silverstone based on the rf1 version, aka Northamptonshire?
It's based on the NFS: Shift/Shift 2: Unleashed model which is more accurate, better lookin and more modern, not laser scan accurate, but hey! That's what we have, but still runs circles around the 1999 Silverstone mod we have and even the rF1 version. Ofc it required a lot of work to get this look.

re Prato:

I had intentions to update my Prato with TSO bits from @norms version (and another by @damone13x) but it got put to the side... mostly overwhelmed from having 3-4 versions to try to make 1 definitive version. I have failed in doing so and still likely wont get it together (at least not for some time).

If someone wants to pick up the pieces and continue on that path you have my full permissions and encouragement.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have an issue when I use every cars (kunos and mods) with "driver_80" driver. I have the face of the driver on the top of the car (see attached picture below). I didn't notice this issue in the past.
Maybe someone know how to solve this ?
I didn't find an option on CSP or AC to disable ...
Thanks !

driver_80.jpg

Hi,

I have an issue when I use every cars (kunos and mods) with "driver_80" driver. I have the face of the driver on the top of the car (see attached picture below). I didn't notice this issue in the past.
Maybe someone know how to solve this ?
I didn't find an option on CSP or AC to disable ...
Thanks !

View attachment 1077925
Download the driver_80 linked in this post:

Working on it since monday...
Zandvoort is almost there...
Will release probably tomorrow I think... ;)

I really hope it doesn't murder my Ryzen 1600 CPU like the RF2 rip does. I tried it this morning and I think I spent at least half the time chugging along in slow-mo and a quarter of the time with a "CPU usage >99%" warning. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back