Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,799 comments
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has advice regarding car mods.

I have a mod that seems too fast for the AI as they brake way too late and end up sticking it into the barrier. It is a mod for personal use and have abused nearly all data files to no avail, it is only the AI.ini folder that I am not too sure about.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has advice regarding car mods.

I have a mod that seems too fast for the AI as they brake way too late and end up sticking it into the barrier. It is a mod for personal use and have abused nearly all data files to no avail, it is only the AI.ini folder that I am not too sure about.

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Hi,

In ai.ini decrease BRAKE_HINT -value to make AI brake earlier. If it's set for example to 1.0, setting it to 0.8 or 0.7 usually makes a big difference.

It was posted roughly a day ago!

This little magnifier in the upper right corner with the text "Search" besides is a really helpful tool, my friend. :cheers:
I’m looking for the original 959 street bet. from the 80s I know there was one that had a lot of skins but I don’t remember where it came from?

I’m looking for the original 959 street bet. from the 80s I know there was one that had a lot of skins but I don’t remember where it came from?

This is the one I use, got it from some yt video.

Thanks helped a lot.

Also found some other errors in Ai lines while I was at it. :)
Hi,

In ai.ini decrease BRAKE_HINT -value to make AI brake earlier. If it's set for example to 1.0, setting it to 0.8 or 0.7 usually makes a big difference.

Thanks @TuranRabat - I've been curious about that too. Do you know if there's a good guide to ai.ini values anywhere? I'd love to see an explanation about what is possible but I've never found a guide when searching.

@kran. I used to add the following disclaimer to the AC setups I posted over at the dreaded RD:

Why I test at Elkhart Lake. 1. It doesn't have any stupidly slow hairpins or chicanes, which interfere with repeatability...at least the way I drive. Spa would be ideal for testing if it weren't for that ugly, contorted chicane at the end of the lap. 2. The Carousel. Unlike the Nordschleife's Karusel (tight and lumpy), RA's Carousel (fast and smooth) is the closest thing you'll find to a high-speed, steady-state skid pad (or 'pan' as they call it in Blighty). It will give you an indication of absolute grip, with numbers you can compare, car-to-car and setup-to-setup (anything under 100 mph = pokey; anything over = speedy). 3. The Kink. The scariest turn in North America. Little cars will barely notice it, but big cars will make or break a decent lap-time depending on whether your setup allows you to take it flat out. Or not.
Yes I agree Road America is spot on. Mosport is also good for testing the AI to make sure they don't throw it off the road on turn 4&5 before the back straight. For sports cars that compete at Le Mans then this is also a must to check top speeds and Spa as well as it seems to relate well to IRL lap times and is very useful for checking ground clearances.

EDIT: Side note though, I did just find Barcelona 2004-2006
Not sure if anyone else has this/tried it, but does anyone else have a hole on Turn 10? I keep falling through

Which is the best way to record an AI line? With a fast car or a slow car? I'm aiming to have races with a wide range of cars from the inter-war period (1919-1939), and their performance level varies greatly.

Which is the best way to record an AI line? With a fast car or a slow car? I'm aiming to have races with a wide range of cars from the inter-war period (1919-1939), and their performance level varies greatly.
always slow, the speed at which you record the line does not matter for the subsequent behavior of the ai, for those cars in particular the red stripe should go as far as possible to the center of the track

Prato Circuit by patrikPat, anyone else experience opponent, AI cars disappearing from the track before pit entrance and then show up in their respective pit box?
Is this an error with AI lines not being finished?

Hi everyone, please, is there some mod for a 306 Street but with Kitcar body? thanx in advance if you can share it

Attachments

• bf2908cf-50ae-4835-8404-72c48c7a5423_f2f5123e-cb2d-451c-81db-03f798dd93ca.jpg
    bf2908cf-50ae-4835-8404-72c48c7a5423_f2f5123e-cb2d-451c-81db-03f798dd93ca.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 43
Been lurking for some time and appreciative of everyone's work. Thought I'd share what I've been working on. First mod. It works in showroom fine, but still a lot of work to do to get it on the track... Any pointers on splitting off nodes to make them AC compatible using 3DS Max or 3DSIMED?

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1630991410.png
    __custom_showroom_1630991410.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 76
  • __custom_showroom_1630991395.png
    __custom_showroom_1630991395.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I could use a little help here: On some of my cars' windscreens, the shadow effect seems to be the wrong way 'round, as in the screen constantly has this "tinted", darker appearence and when a shadow hits it, it goes light. Is there a somewhat easy way to fix that? Little to no texture/3d modding experience here, so any help is appreciated :)

@jslick007

I found the pipeline cars quite educational a few years back although there's probably tutorials these days. I remember deciding to stick to tracks when my first car didn't allow me to see through the windshield. XD

3DSmax has on right click the option to copy or clone items You can rename/move them there and then if you wish.

I would start with a car you don't love so if it turns out bad you won't be too worried.

Either way, you should START! Just remember to listen to good, constructive feedback and ignore the haters.

@DerLucky
Windshields are NOT my thing but it might be a reversed normal. Worth a shot and easy to do with most 3D software.

Last edited:
always slow, the speed at which you record the line does not matter for the subsequent behavior of the ai, for those cars in particular the red stripe should go as far as possible to the center of the track
So in theory I could record an AI line with something really slow (like Gary Patterson's Ligier JS8) just to show the AI where they need to go? If speed isn't relevant when recording.

So in theory I could record an AI line with something really slow (like Gary Patterson's Ligier JS8) just to show the AI where they need to go? If speed isn't relevant when recording.
Exactly, speed does not matter, the ai line is not a "ghost lap".

In fact, it is recommended to do it as slowly as possible, it is also recommended to do this ai line with a similar car or the same car with which you are going to race on the track.

To give you a basic idea of how to make an ai line, keep this factor in mind:

The older the car the ai line has to go to the center of the track, modern cars that (above all) brake well, tighter to the curve, for example with a modern f1 you can adjust the curves almost to the maximum, but that line wouldn't fit a car from the 60s-80s

Edit, a very very important thing to make an optimal line of trace is that the boundaries of the track must be perfect, that completely affects the line of ai (the red stripes on the sides of the track)

Last edited:
Is anyone working on a Porsche Mission R mod? There's enough photos and angles to use as reference for modeling it... unless someone is able to get the model featured in the videos... or knows a "mole" at Porsche. ...or Porsche takes KTM's lead and release their own (not holding my breath).

1631021394443.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back