Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,712 comments
Thank you so much! I'll play with it. Now when I release the skin pack, can the ext_config be in the skin folder or will everyone have the glare removed?
the EXT_CONFIG can be placed in two places: inside the track folder (trackfoldername/extension/ext_config.ini) or in extension/config/tracks/loaded/lilski_watkins_glen.ini

latest version of Watkins Glen by LilSki have the extension inside the lilski_watkins_glen track folder and you have to add your code to his ext_config in order to have it work.

Last edited:
ext_config.ini works to my knowledge only with folders related to cars, not tracks.
bad and incorrect advice needs to be beat like a redheaded stepchild

the EXT_CONFIG can be placed in two places: inside the track folder (trackfoldername/extension/ext_config.ini) or in extension/config/tracks/loaded/lilski_watkins_glen.ini

latest version of Watkins Glen by LilSki have the extension inside the lilski_watkins_glen track folder and you have to add your code to his ext_config in order to have it work.
AFAIK if the ext_config.ini in ./extension/config/tracks/loaded does not contain IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS=1 , then you can place a track folder config with any updates/overides.
Be sure to investigate my tricky creative use of configs for different layouts when Spa 2003/4/5 is released :)

Guys, thanks for all your reactions, but honestly did you even read what he wants to do?

I know a ext_config.ini can be placed in both "extension" of a track and in "loaded" with the ini named like the track. But Bandit wants to create a SKIN for a track with his own ext_config.ini. So as far as I understood him, the ext_config.ini of his should be only active whenever his SKIN gets activated. And to my knowledge, and I've wrote nothing else, this isnt possible.
can the ext_config be in the skin folder
This is working for cars, exclusive ext_config.ini for just a specific skin, but not for tracks. As I wrote, to my knowledge. :)

Last edited:
Guys, thanks for all your reactions, but honestly did you even read what he wants to do?

I know a ext_config.ini can be placed in both "extension" of a track and in "loaded" with the ini named like the track. But Bandit wants to create a SKIN for a track with his own ext_config.ini. So as far as I understood him, the ext_config.ini of his should be only active whenever his SKIN gets activated. And to my knowledge, and I've wrote nothing else, this isnt possible.

This is working for cars, exclusive ext_config.ini for just a specific skin, but not for tracks. As I wrote, to my knowledge. :)
He could include an edited config to be used with the skin, but would need to be manually deleted if the user deactivated. It is possible to include a .dds in the extension folder AFIAK

Possible, but you always have to include it manually. Except ... well ... your thought isnt that bad: Naming it as .dds and include it within the "main ext_config.ini" ... this could work. If the .dds isnt present within "[trackname]\skins\default\" it wont be loaded.

I'll test this when I'm back at home. :)

Edit:
To clarify this:
  • Putting smtg like ext_config.ini.dds into the skin will get it moved to default as soon the skin gets activated
  • Now this ext_config.ini.dds needs to get included into extension/ext_config.ini of the track

If someone is in the mood for a test, be my guest. :D

And Yes, this is just an untested thought.

Last edited:
Does this skin exist?

Attachments

• 703283eb22274006e2d80ada16b8b6ee.jpg
    703283eb22274006e2d80ada16b8b6ee.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 34
He could include an edited config to be used with the skin, but would need to be manually deleted if the user deactivated. It is possible to include a .dds in the extension folder AFIAK
OK, did some quick testing and it's working. :)

• Create an ext_config.ini which should be used with the skin
  • Put this file into the folder of the skin
  • Now rename ext_config.ini within the folder of the skin to ext_config.ini.dds
  • open the ext_config.ini within the folder extension of the track or create it and insert
Code:
[INCLUDE: ../skins/default/ext_config.ini.dds]
- activate the skin and everything within ext_config.ini.dds will be used too

Whenever the skin gets activated the ext_config.ini.dds will be copied to default and adressed by "extension/ext_config.ini". If the skin isnt activated it cant be found and will be ignored.

It's a harsh but functional workaround.

And now let's talk about bad and incorrect advice again. Just kidding, dudes.

OK, did some quick testing and it's working. :)

• Create an ext_config.ini which should be used with the skin
  • Put this file into the folder of the skin
  • Now rename ext_config.ini within the folder of the skin to ext_config.ini.dds
  • open the ext_config.ini within the folder extension of the track or create it and insert
Code:
[INCLUDE: ../skins/default/ext_config.ini.dds]
- activate the skin and everything within ext_config.ini.dds will be used too

Whenever the skin gets activated the ext_config.ini.dds will be copied to default and adressed by "extension/ext_config.ini". If the skin isnt activated it cant be found and will be ignored.

It's a harsh but functional workaround.

And now let's talk about bad and incorrect advice again. Just kidding, dudes.
hacky but interesting, I wouldve just made a new layout

technically a "mod" is an external "thing" that is applied or done to "modify" a game/tool/car/other that was not originaly present/available,
scratch made or otherwise, real-life or simulated (hence the name "mod")
think you got it wrong..

Modder:
- A person of mediocre social graces, who can steal a good product, by a developer who paid artists, 3dscanners, sound engineers, data engineers and licence fees to produce good models, that the "modder" can decrypt using tools they have no idea how to create, slap them together with poorly tweaked copy paste physics from other mods.. then re-enypted it under the moral high ground of "its mine, I stole it legitimately"

;)

Anyway,

I have been away a while. you know,. busy decrypting stuff .. have I missed any good mods worth "stealing"?

think you got it wrong..

Modder:
- A person of mediocre social graces, who can steal a good product, by a developer who paid artists, 3dscanners, sound engineers, data engineers and licence fees to produce good models, that the "modder" can decrypt using tools they have no idea how to create, slap them together with poorly tweaked copy paste physics from other mods.. then re-enypted it under the moral high ground of "its mine, I stole it legitimately"

;)

Anyway,

I have been away a while. you know,. busy decrypting stuff .. have I missed any good mods worth "stealing"?
Yes, but, ripping and converting is not the same as reworking a map.

In easy-to-understand terms, ripping and converting is (almost only) a matter of renaming files.

Then there is the amount of time you want to invest in that rip / conversion, if you only do that well (in my opinion) there you cannot say that there is something of yours, because in reality there is not.

However, reworking a map implies already having knowledge in modeling, for example nurburgring 67 came out of a rfactor mod (very bad) and the change has been brutal.

That guy can say that this circuit is his because he has done an impeccable job with a horrendous base.

Yes, but, ripping and converting is not the same as reworking a map.

In easy-to-understand terms, ripping and converting is (almost only) a matter of renaming files.

Then there is the amount of time you want to invest in that rip / conversion, if you only do that well (in my opinion) there you cannot say that there is something of yours, because in reality there is not.

However, reworking a map implies already having knowledge in modeling, for example nurburgring 67 came out of a rfactor mod (very bad) and the change has been brutal.

That guy can say that this circuit is his because he has done an impeccable job with a horrendous base.
Yeah... but it's still a mod ;)

ZANDVOORT 2020 v2.0

Hello guys, a lot of people contact me for a problem with this track.
There is a problem with Lap Timer in the pits or something like that the number of lap :

For example : "the virtual lap time line does not go into the pits so that by going through the pits for the stops your lap does not count so with two stops instead of doing 72 laps we made 74 towers. "

Other people have seen the same problem ???

and "The drs zones are badly configured as well"

Can you explain this to me please ?
The timing gate covers the s/f straight, but not the pitlane. I could provide an update tomorrow. Dunno about DRS as I don't drive cars with DRS (dull racing ****)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 29
Yeah... but it's still a mod ;)
And what is not a mod, ?? Anything external that you put into assetto corsa is a mod.

The csp is a mod, sol is a mod ...

That you've created content from scratch also doesn't make it legitimate while you're using it in other creators' games.

See if I understand, what do you mean that a conversion of a track, and a rework of a map is the same thing? ... really?

Last edited:
And what is not a mod, ?? Anything external that you put into assetto corsa is a mod.

The csp is a mod, sol is a mod ...

That you've created content from scratch also doesn't make it legitimate while you're using it in other creators' games.

See if I understand, what do you mean that a conversion of a track, and a rework of a map is the same thing? ... really?
We are on the same page. A mod is a mod is a mod.
But some mods have obviously taken more time than others.
I look at mods as three tiers - scratch built stuff being at the top of the mountain, good conversions being second, and poor, rushed and unfinished conversions being at the bottom of the pile.
But yes, they are all still mods.

Last edited:
Let's break the mood with something positive for a change...

Just found this nice pack with 3 Alpine A110 cars on some French forums. But since I can't speak French I don't know if I can repost the whole thing. So if anyone is interested please follow the link below for all the information and D/L link.

Pack Alpine A110 1800 Gr4 1973/1974/1975 (Version 2.0 Disponible) par Mick24300​

View attachment 1079022

Follow the link for D/L the cars:
https://www.racingfr.net/wbb/index....74-1975-version-2-0-disponible-par-mick24300/

P.S.
First file is password protected - you'll find it in the original post.
Thanks for posting this,but i'm unable to download it.Anyone has an alternative link?Thanks!

I have a nube question about changing an attribute for a particular skin (regarding the small green light at the bottom of the windscreen on the Peugeot 905):

I found where the color of this light is defined in lights.ini
This color needs to be changed for each skin.

So the line in lights.ini for the Peugeot 905 is:

[LIGHT_4]
NAME=peu_3_905evo_93_lod0_body_textured_reflector_
COLOR=0,1255,0 ; (I would think it should be 255, but it's green and it works)

One of the other skins requires a red light, so I create an ext_config.ini file in that skin directory,
and what goes in that .ini?

I tried just putting the original lines with the changed light value:

[LIGHT_4]
NAME=peu_3_905evo_93_lod0_body_textured_reflector_
COLOR=1255,0,0

That didn't work. Does this entry need to be wrapped in something else?

Thanks for any tips!

Attachments

• FrontLight2.jpg
    FrontLight2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
afaik you have r,g,b and the last (4th) is for brightness and all goes up to 255, you dont have to have a red color value of 1200, so you can try 255,0,0 (plus brightness) for red
and if the only thing in a newly created config is this light, then its probably [LIGHT_0] or...
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]
name=
color=
simulate_heating=
lag=
etc.

Last edited:
Re: Peugeot 905 skins

I fixed the roof transparency on the roof of the #s 1&2 cars (those roofs looked deep black instead of kinda grey-black.)
(still working on the indicator lights. For myself, I just cloned the car twice and changed the lights.ini colors for now, but hopefully I'll get the ext_config figured out)

(deleting the original post as well)

EDIT: fixed the flags on the 2 car and tuned the color of the car-light-on-the-road-in-front-of-the-car for all 3. This was
affected 2much by the color of the indicator light.
ALSO: Bumping into another car immediately turned the car into a wadded kleenex. I don't like that. Wayyy toned down now.

I'll stop with the tiny updates now, save it for once a week or something.

afaik you have r,g,b and the last (4th) is for brightness and all goes up to 255, you dont have to have a red color value of 1200, so you can try 255,0,0 (plus brightness) for red
and if the only thing in a newly created config is this light, then its probably [LIGHT_0] or...
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]
name=
color=
simulate_heating=
lag=
etc.
Made a few attempts, but no luck. Not sure if this needs a Materials replacement wrapper... I'll keep trying.

Attachments

• 3Peugeots.jpg
    3Peugeots.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 1talbot.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 2talbot.zip
    5 MB · Views: 58
  • 3talbot.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back