Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
suddenly everyone knows each others personality... i already know what i did wrong, dont need someone on the internet to tell me that thx. undeiably i did mistakes revolving that, as im also not perfect like nobody is, since there popping new links every 3 days its somehow just sad. as if people just couldnt ask a single time is it public or ask me as the author for whatever stuff. i am indeed a person that likes to help, but not under these circumstances where my work is just kicked arround with bare feet. i never heared apart from some nice discord members a thank you or anything else and i do this stuff in my freetime like 95% of the userbase. even helping kind off urd out rn with a fresh look of modding in the 3d area.
I don't know exactly which 'leaked' cars are under discussion here (if they're more GT cars I probably wouldn't be interested) but when you share non-public development builds for testing (or whatever) to your 'trusted people' are these marked as such, eg ''WIP dev version - not for public" in the UI version number? It might draw people's attention to the fact that it's a leaked incomplete WIP and might limit its distribution on some websites. Otherwise, how is Joe Public supposed to know that it's WIP or leaked? It's just another car to them. Just a thought, it might help, it might not. Can't do any harm though.
And of course, a 'private' discord is essentially just a corral of random people you met on the internet, so unless everyone in there is 100% trusted (and how would anyone ever know?) then it's reasonably likely that one of them might be a rogue. As RMI Wood already pointed out, things only leak if the modder shares them, ergo: he (or she) is always the original source of the leak. The mod obviously becomes a lot more desirable (and people will be more likely to share it or hunt it down) if it's been teased in screenshots on forums, FB or wherever with 'private mod' stamped all over it. Not suggesting that's what you've done, but it is a general pattern in the modding community where private brag posts are only matched in their number by PayPal links.
Anyway, I hope this hasn't been too upsetting for you and you do manage to complete the cars and release them officially to the public. It must be frustrating knowing that work is out there with your name on it but not to the quality that you originally intended. That's why I never understand it when modders go on these rants (and by God, there are an awful lot of these 'leak' rants) and say that they'll never update the car now that it's leaked... as if they're happy for the 'bad' version to remain the only example of this particular work associated with them.
And for the record, when you attack GTP by posting on GTP you're actually attacking yourself. ;)
GTP isn't a hive mind, it's thousands of individuals each capable of individual thought.
At the end of the day all of this is just pretend cars for a video game and nothing worth raising your blood pressure over. It's supposed to be fun. :)

Last edited:
I don't know exactly which 'leaked' cars are under discussion here (if they're more GT cars I probably wouldn't be interested) but when you share non-public development builds for testing (or whatever) to your 'trusted people' are these marked as such, eg ''WIP dev version - not for public" in the UI version number? It might draw people's attention to the fact that it's a leaked incomplete WIP and might limit its distribution on some websites. Otherwise, how is Joe Public supposed to know that it's WIP or leaked? It's just anbother car to them. Just a thought, it might help, it might not. Can't do any harm though.
And of course, a 'private' discord is essentially just a corral of random people you met on the internet, so unless everyone in there is 100% trusted (and how would anyone ever know?) then it's reasonably likely that one of them might be a rogue. As RMI Wood already pointed out, things only leak if the modder shares them, ergo: he (or she) is always the original source of the leak. The mod obviously becomes a lot more desirable (and people will be more likely to share it or hunt it down) if it's been teased in screenshots on forums, FB or wherever with 'private mod' stamped all over it. Not suggesting that's what you've done, but it is a general pattern in the modding community where private brag posts are only matched in their number by PayPal links.
Anyway, I hope this hasn't been too upsetting for you and you do manage to complete the cars and release them officially to the public. It must be frustrating knowing that work is out there with your name on it but not to the quality that you originally intended. That's why I never understand it when modders go on these rants (and by God, there are an awful lot of these 'leak' rants) and say that they'll never update the car now that it's leaked... as if they're happy for the 'bad' version to remain the only example of this particular work associated with them.
And for the record, when you attack GTP by posting on GTP you're actually attacking yourself. ;)
GTP isn't a hive mind, it's thousands of individuals each capable of individual thought.
At the end of the day all of this is just pretend cars for a video game and nothing worth raising your blood pressure over.
kinda refreshing to see well formed lines here, your point makes sense considering you need to share stuff for bugtesting or other minority stuff. ive always "worked" with the mindset of one time releasing the cars, now that crashs porsche is gone i could have thrown out my own one, the gt3r in 2020 spec with all kinds of fancy things like banner lumiranks, the numberplates objects you can light up and hide unecessary ones etc. also the rsr-19 was planned to release in center exit and sideexhaust spec one time i thought it would be fine to do so. it was never a choice/option for me to post a pic of a car and only enter a paypal link below cause i think thats a bit too cocky. seeing cars beeing leaked, bad enough, seeing more and more links floating arround just makes it worse and changes your mind to give something to this community. i could release a whole arsenal of acc cars right now, but why would i? for the community that shares leaked cars over and over again, or complains about numberplate objects beeing visible in showroom previous while beeing not on track? no thx mate. im open for questions collabs whatsoever, they just never come and its kindoff a wasted potentiall at this point. and about my bloodpreassure, it doesnt cook over at all, sipping some juice and enjoying my workday is rather the scenario. and btw i just made my gtp account for questions and stuff but aparently as i said they never came.

kinda refreshing to see well formed lines here, your point makes sense considering you need to share stuff for bugtesting or other minority stuff. ive always "worked" with the mindset of one time releasing the cars, now that crashs porsche is gone i could have thrown out my own one, the gt3r in 2020 spec with all kinds of fancy things like banner lumiranks, the numberplates objects you can light up and hide unecessary ones etc. also the rsr-19 was planned to release in center exit and sideexhaust spec one time i thought it would be fine to do so. it was never a choice/option for me to post a pic of a car and only enter a paypal link below cause i think thats a bit too cocky. seeing cars beeing leaked, bad enough, seeing more and more links floating arround just makes it worse and changes your mind to give something to this community. i could release a whole arsenal of acc cars right now, but why would i? for the community that shares leaked cars over and over again, or complains about numberplate objects beeing visible in showroom previous while beeing not on track? no thx mate. im open for questions collabs whatsoever, they just never come and its kindoff a wasted potentiall at this point. and about my bloodpreassure, it doesnt cook over at all, sipping some juice and enjoying my workday is rather the scenario. and btw i just made my gtp account for questions and stuff but aparently as i said they never came.
You no doubt already realise this but people only mod because they personally get something from it, either the educational process and/or the joy of creating something they want and/or the pleasure of seeing it appreciated by others and/or the kudos of being a 'face' in the comunity and/or a chance to make a little bit of money. Whatever their reasons the risks are always the same if the mod goes public: the general public. All communities are a cross section through society and you get nice people, you get nasty people, you get idiots and you get troublemakers. Modders therefore need a thick skin or a laissez-faire attitude but this general 'community that doesn't deserve anything' meme is pretty tiresome. Expecting everyone in the community to behave like angels is unrealistic, and grouping everyone in that community together is ridiculously simplistic.

You no doubt already realise this but people only mod because they personally get something from it, either the educational process and/or the joy of creating something they want and/or the pleasure of seeing it appreciated by others and/or the kudos of being a 'face' in the comunity and/or a chance to make a little bit of money. Whatever their reasons the risks are always the same if the mod goes public: the general public. All communities are a cross section through society and you get nice people, you get nasty people, you get idiots and you get troublemakers. Modders therefore need a thick skin or a laissez-faire attitude but this general 'community that doesn't deserve anything' meme is pretty tiresome. Expecting everyone in the community to behave like angels is unrealistic, and grouping everyone in that community together is ridiculously simplistic.
It's hard not to group people when posts encouraging or defending decryption of mods get a lot of likes or when private mods get shared here even when people know that they're not supposed to be shared and nobody bats an eye. Just look at the guy responding to bonny with the 'do you have permission for that model 🤓 👆' excuse when he just shared a mod knowing that it's not released yet
If I hadn't asked for that mod this discussion wouldn't have started. I apologize to all those who have had problems with leaks and stolen mods. I just wanted to race one of my favorite cars on tracks that aren't on acc
You can't know which mods are leaked/not released so it's not really your fault

Last edited:
for me it was in the beginning nothing of your scenarios, it was solely cause i wanted to have my own 991.2 gt3r. nothing more than that so i learned the stuff myself converted some cars till i got better and at somepoint thought maybe give people something of the cake. nothing more or less thought by that. it was cool for me to release the amg cause the agu version was pretty shady and the extension way was more then meh, and after that that topic was also done for me, i didnt really care that much about it till i found out the mod had major flaws everywhere. so started reworking that, and also the rsr project. since urd was vanished to that time it gave the option to release the rsr aswell as its a cool car etc. if there was the opening to release a car to the public without haveing so much trouble, then id take that, for now not really. and thats also the point where i dont feel anything outside of the internet for these topics, they let me cold irl

for me it was in the beginning nothing of your scenarios, it was solely cause i wanted to have my own 991.2 gt3r. nothing more than that so i learned the stuff myself converted some cars till i got better and at somepoint thought maybe give people something of the cake. nothing more or less thought by that.
Doesn't that fall into the 'the educational process and/or the joy of creating something they want and/or the pleasure of seeing it appreciated by others' category?

It's hard not to group people when posts encouraging or defending decryption of mods get a lot of likes or when private mods get shared here even when people know that they're not supposed to be shared and nobody bats an eye. Just look at the guy responding to bonny with the 'do you have permission for that model 🤓 👆' excuse when he just shared a mod knowing that it's not released yet
You do realise that you've pretty much defined 'bigotry' there?

bigotry
/ˈbɪɡətri/
noun
obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

That's why this brainless chant-mantra campaign against GTP (or particular FB groups, or Discords) is so inane. Everyone who repeats it is guilty of bigotry, even ignoring the fact that those repeating it are themselves members of (or have been banned from) the very community they are prejudiced against, and therefore insulting themselves. Keep doing it by all means, it's always amusing and comforting to know that this place lives in your head rent-free, to quote yet another inane mantra.

Not related to the interesting above dialogues, just wanted to spam you with some photos from the WRC Greece Acropolis Rally SS Syntagma at the center of Athens.

Attachments

• IMG-9150d46e7f13208f6fd9f2775f288eae-V.jpg
    IMG-9150d46e7f13208f6fd9f2775f288eae-V.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-28e488350e523cd20f20186531994eb0-V.jpg
    IMG-28e488350e523cd20f20186531994eb0-V.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 34
Remember everyone, and I speak from experience, I've seen groups and communities either hindered, or completely disbanded because of TOXIC people. It's the number one thing that often destroys everyone else's interest, care, and passion, most become indifferent, and the group eventually breaks down. I've seen it happen again and again. That's exactly what TOXIC people want. Remember why we're here, ignore them, and they will slither back into the holes they emerged from.

Never forget what this community, and this forum is about.

It's about sharing, collaborating, and improving and enhancing everyone's enjoyment of Assetto Corsa.

With every post, try your best to rise above those that want to create chaos and destroy the concord of this community.

Last edited:
Remember everyone, and I speak from experience, I've seen groups and communities either hindered, or completely disbanded because of TOXIC people. It's the number one thing that often destroys everyone else's interest, care, and passion, most become indifferent, and the group eventually breaks down. I've seen it happen again and again. That's exactly what TOXIC people want. Remember why we're here, ignore them, and they will slither back into the holes they emerged from.

Never forget what this community, and this forum is about.

It's about sharing, collaborating, and improving and enhancing everyone's enjoyment of Assetto Corsa.
Agreed. Shame on those who take the passion away from those who love or loved being apart of this community.

I hope you do release these cars, from my perspective they look awesome! I've been keen on finding a solid Oreca 03/05/Morgan LMP2/HPD P2/Ligier JSP2 spec car that I could race alongside the current crop of Oreca 07/Ligier JS P217/Dallara 217 and run those in a race together like the Asian Le Mans Series did during fall of 19 and early winter of 20. If you do release, even if nobody else does, I will certainly welcome your work with open arms.

Have a great rest of your day
well you're in luck. RMS team has that for you. All but the Oreca 05 will be made by us :) - The Oreca 05 was made by URD so you can get skins from there.

You do realise that you've pretty much defined 'bigotry' there?

bigotry
/ˈbɪɡətri/
noun
obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

That's why this brainless chant-mantra campaign against GTP (or particular FB groups, or Discords) is so inane. Everyone who repeats it is guilty of bigotry, even ignoring the fact that those repeating it are themselves members of (or have been banned from) the very community they are prejudiced against, and therefore insulting themselves. Keep doing it by all means, it's always amusing and comforting to know that this place lives in your head rent-free, to quote yet another inane mantra.
You don't actually believe that the majority of posters here aren't the type of people to just gobble up every mod they see right? There's a reason why people group this forum with cs rin and facebook groups and it's not because a small amount of people are making you look bad.

Again, you should seriously consider the possibility of being part of the problem, maybe those 'brainless campaigns against GTP' are partially because of what the active people on this forum do. It doesn't help that you have people like CeeBee actively working on decrypting mods because people like him are too lazy to put in the effort of creating those mods themselves, or Tony who to this day probably still hasn't paid for AC and DMs people in an attempt to get his hands on any mod he can find, or just now when a mod was shared without caring for the possibility of the mod being leaked.

People dislike GTP because of stuff like this, not because guy 1 told guy 2 that OMG GTP SO BAD. Even now you focus on calling me a bigot over calling out the guy that responds to the thought of the mod not being released yet by sharing it anyway.

Why do I need it? From this site "rally auto", it is impossible to download! He wants to install various programs on your computer and add the rest of the garbage, by downloading a car or a track. This is what the antivirus banned and what this site wanted to install from one single download attempt. 40 attempts at a time! Sorry not for the English, but you understand the essence. This is some kind of phishing site, although everything was fine before.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.09 - 14.26.01.32.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.09 - 14.26.01.32.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.09 - 14.27.09.08_LI.jpg
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.09.09 - 14.27.09.08_LI.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 50
How to complicate the Monaco difficulty x3? easy, add a million flowerpots, parked cars, signs in the middle, and lots of rain haha

This difficulty can be multiplied x5 by also adding car traffic in both directions

Hi @r3b3ld3, huge respect for your work and thanks for sharing. One thing I noticed is that there are puddles on the road inside the tunnel, is there any chance to prevent that?

You don't actually believe that the majority of posters here aren't the type of people to just gobble up every mod they see right? There's a reason why people group this forum with cs rin and facebook groups and it's not because a small amount of people are making you look bad.

Again, you should seriously consider the possibility of being part of the problem, maybe those 'brainless campaigns against GTP' are partially because of what the active people on this forum do. It doesn't help that you have people like CeeBee actively working on decrypting mods because people like him are too lazy to put in the effort of creating those mods themselves, or Tony who to this day probably still hasn't paid for AC and DMs people in an attempt to get his hands on any mod he can find, or just now when a mod was shared without caring for the possibility of the mod being leaked.

People dislike GTP because of stuff like this, not because guy 1 told guy 2 that OMG GTP SO BAD. Even now you focus on calling me a bigot over calling out the guy that responds to the thought of the mod not being released yet by sharing it anyway.
How on earth would I (or anyone else for that matter) know what type of people "the majority of posters here" are or are not? That's why I try not to generalise - it's a fundamentally flawed concept with roots in prejudice and confirmation bias. If you disagree with the specific actions of a specific individual, then engage them in polite and reasonable discussion about it (this is a discussion forum, after all) rather than throwing blanket insults over every member based on some general impression that you've developed due to the actions of one or more individuals. Your argument will carry a lot more weight, believe me. It might even make some people reconsider their behaviour.
Insulting the entire forum as a group because they happen to post here is quite ridiculous and completely counterproductive. Surely you can see that?

Why do I need it? From this site "rally auto", it is impossible to download! He wants to install various programs on your computer and add the rest of the garbage, by downloading a car or a track. This is what the antivirus banned and what this site wanted to install from one single download attempt. 40 attempts at a time! Sorry not for the English, but you understand the essence. This is some kind of phishing site, although everything was fine before.
looking at your screenshots.. there is no actual malicious activity.
Do you even know what phishing is?
Do you even know what you are looking at?

I have no problems from rallygb or the links provided and just tested... but then again, I have been a security expert for 20+ years.

@zeeslang
It doesn't help that you have people like CeeBee actively working on decrypting mods because people like him are too lazy to put in the effort of creating those mods themselves
I guess you shouldnt use any rFactor/rFactor2/NFS/Forza/PCARS/AMS2/GT based mods then... because they are all DECRYPTED

Last edited:
And of course, a 'private' discord is essentially just a corral of random people you met on the internet, so unless everyone in there is 100% trusted (and how would anyone ever know?) then it's reasonably likely that one of them might be a rogue.
^ that... along with with GTP, facebook, cs rin, reddit, whatever

@ anyone that thinks GTP is a horrible place -- please do share the public forum that holds the moral high ground in AC modding.

How on earth would I (or anyone else for that matter) know what type of people "the majority of posters here" are or are not? That's why I try not to generalise - it's a fundamentally flawed concept with roots in prejudice and confirmation bias. If you disagree with the specific actions of a specific individual, then engage them in polite and reasonable discussion about it (this is a discussion forum, after all) rather than throwing blanket insults over every member based on some general impression that you've developed due to the actions of one or more individuals. Your argument will carry a lot more weight, believe me. It might even make some people reconsider their behaviour.
Insulting the entire forum as a group because they happen to post here is quite ridiculous and completely counterproductive. Surely you can see that?
It's not a general impression i've developed, it's the general impression a lot of people have developed. People have already proven multiple times that they're perfectly okay with what they're doing here, i doubt that me calling them out is going to suddenly stop people from ignoring author's wishes. The last time i saw someone engage in discussion about that the discussion got wiped (which seems to happen with a lot of discussions) and people who disagreed got themselves banned with no way to defend themselves so i doubt that that would do anything either. When people badmouth GTP they're not talking about randomlurker123 asking if a certain mod is available, they're talking about clown123 linking the mod after someone mentions that it might be a leaked mod. Anyone with some common sense can come to that conclusion
I guess you shouldnt use any rFactor/rFactor2/NFS/Forza/PCARS/AMS2/GT based mods then... because they are all DECRYPTED
No **** they're decrypted almost everything modding related comes from games, using that as an excuse to leak everything you can find is pathetic because you know that you can't just convert some model into a good quality mod for AC without putting time into it. Everyone can find models from those games but the quality of most mods converted from other games is laughably bad. There's a difference between taking a decrypted model and then spending multiple hours converting that model into a proper mod for AC that drives well, looks good and doesn't have a bunch of mistakes and decrypting said mod because you were too lazy to do that work yourself.

It's just basic decency to not take the efforts of other modders if they don't want you to, but then again that is what seems to be the norm here, not respecting the wishes of other modders. And if you're looking to try to sound smart by saying that game devs also put hours into making those models just don't. If you actually cared about that so much you wouldn't be involved with anything modding related, not to mention that most converted mods are released for free. it's not like bonny is trying to earn money off of ACC models unlike some people here dropping their paypals and patreons in their bio or next to their released mods

Last edited:
looking at your screenshots.. there is no actual malicious activity.
Do you even know what phishing is?
Do you even know what you are looking at?

I have no problems from rallygb or the links provided and just tested... but then again, I have been a security expert for 20+ years.
The word phishing, I inserted it for the sake of the question. You say that there is nothing malicious and I trust you as a specialist. But tell me why this site is trying to download and install 40 files, even if they are not dangerous. How to download a file if the path to it leads through 40 different downloads? As a specialist, you can answer what to do in my case?

It's not a general impression i've developed, it's the general impression a lot of people have developed. People have already proven multiple times that they're perfectly okay with what they're doing here, i doubt that me calling them out is going to suddenly stop people from ignoring author's wishes. The last time i saw someone engage in discussion about that the discussion got wiped (which seems to happen with a lot of discussions) and people who disagreed got themselves banned with no way to defend themselves so i doubt that that would do anything either. When people badmouth GTP they're not talking about randomlurker123 asking if a certain mod is available, they're talking about clown123 linking the mod after someone mentions that it might be a leaked mod. Anyone with some common sense can come to that conclusion
I think there might be a lot of confirmation bias being applied and there are some people who aren't shy about their dislike of GTP and their desire to cause ripples of disruption every now and again. I think it's seen as 'sport' in some quarters.
People in this thread are now pretty hot with preventative advice if anyone tries to share a paymod or requests a free link to a paymod. That wasn't always the policy here, but for a few years now it's been self-policed pretty well. At one point the thread was renamed to reflect the new policy but it was later deemed unnecessary. Things will hopefully go the same way here with non-sharing of private mods, IF of course it's known that the mods in question are not meant for general distribution - nobody is a mind reader and mods come from multiple sources. That's why I suggested to Bonny about adding a note in the UI.
I can't imagine any right-minded member here wants to deliberately upset genuine contributors to the modding scene, but I guess there's always the possibility that it can happen either maliciously or by accident. But again, that's the actions of individuals, not of some ethereal humming hive-mind.

Edit: I think conversations only get deleted if they stray outside of the forum's ToS. If they stay civil and reasonable then I can't see why moderators would delete them if (like this one) it's on-topic related to AC modding.

Last edited:
This ^

You are modifying the game. CM is a mod. CSP is a mod. Every car and track added to Assetto Corsa that isn't in the base game (or official DLC) is a mod.

These things are recognised as mods in games like Skyrim, so why are people taking a different approach to AC?
It goes way back, I think, back to when people started to modify racing games (Need for Speed 3 and Sports Car GT, in my case, i.e, back in 2000 or thereabouts). Back then add-on cars were mostly done from scratch (3D models were much simpler then and there were basically no ripped models around, so people had to make them from scratch) and people called those add-on cars "models" and the people who made them were called as "modeler". Then, a few years down the line, ripping and converting cars from other games stated to happen. Those add-on cars where called "mods" (as in "modifications") and the people who made them were called "modders" (as in "modifiers"). I think this is where the confusion stems from and it seems to be exclusive to the Racing Sims sub-community. What you said is true, everything can be seen as a mod (a modification to the game) but the whole story I just told can shed some light onto why some people make the distinction between "mod" and "model", "modder" and "modeler", etc.

I was there, Gandalf. I was there 3000 years ago.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back