Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,835 comments
A pity that over time it has not been possible to rescue this impressive mod that Satoru Takasugi made for Sports Car GT in his time, I even would have liked a conversion for GTR2. In addition, it was complemented by the GT300 that I never saw in any other game. Maybe today I woke up nostalgic.
Yes. I wanted to see this in Assetto Corsa as well. But I guess that it is not possible.

My FK8 is on Cup2's although Audi specification (fitted by Honda :lol: ), it spins and hops in 2nd and sometimes third, on a nice warm day they are epic though even now they are a little worn! I think I stole the HR tyres from the front of Lambo, there is a minor tyre size issue that I fixed but never released. SM tyres are also stolen from somewhere, I just can't remember where! The car is still on 20's in the game I presume you are running 18's IRL?
19s are on mine, normally for autoX we run wider than stock though. My race sets are normally 265s, so there is that too.

I am with you though, closer to stock FK8 thats decent is what I've been looking for, so I hope this gets there! I had some drive on Beto's MK2 Focus RS yesterday as well, its slightly faster than this Civic atm, I think there are some similarity to be drawn there maybe with the power and weight as well as suspension layout...(IIRC the car also has their dual axis steering strut)

If anyone wants to know where Scamdream got their new Glickey model, here's the link. I don't have access to the model or the mod, nor do I want to, but judging from the images and some of the stuff on our photo thread, it's a 100% match AFAIK.

So yeah there's a few people on this sub who are still defending them. Stop.

If you really need a Glickey, wait until URD releases theirs and buy it. The GR010 sucked at first but the new update made it much better, so I have faith their officially licensed rendition will do the car justice.
But they are allowed to buy 3rd party models from a marketplace like this and use it. I suspect quite a few modders are doing this.
As long as the licens allows it, then it is fair game though.

😇😇😇😇😇

received_874071946577001.jpeg
received_2047619038747483.jpeg
received_393540388995197.jpeg
received_407896460730884.jpeg
received_627309664935110.jpeg
received_594434571593576.jpeg

Yeah all the benettons the mclarens and Senna cars thats what I need , because I have all cars from 1982 to 2021 except 1985,1987,1989 and 2011...
Where did you manage to find 1999 and 2002? (I have all the cars too, except those 4 you mentioned, and the 2 i have mentioned)

But they are allowed to buy 3rd party models from a marketplace like this and use it. I suspect quite a few modders are doing this.
As long as the licens allows it, then it is fair game though.
The problem though is that Simdream posted WIP pictures on their blogs and claimed that the model was "scratch-built" (in their own words), I don't see any credit to either Turbosquid or OpticalDreamSoft anywhere, so they most likely just bought the model once and used it in their mod without permission, figuring the price for it would be covered by poor suckers buying it off of their store.

Simdream doesn't even have to claim they 100% scratch-built the model. Literally all they needed to do was contact the model maker, get permission to use the model in their mod or come up with some sort of partnership, and then release the mod. Heck if they take all the logos off of it I'll even be fine with them charging money for it, but they didn't do any of that so, they're thieves like usual.

I don't even care if any of their mods suddenly had the greatest, most realistic physics ever made. They continuously lie about where they source their content from so I'll always talk down on them and I'll always avoid their content like the plague. The only content of theirs I have in my entire library of 740 cars is the Brabham BT42. That's just for use as grid filler for the Ferrari, Lotus, McLaren and Tyrell (from Legion) that I have from that era. I only downloaded it because it's free and I knew I wouldn't be supporting them if I did.

Quick update re Spa 2003-2005:
2005 GT and F1 layouts are being added along with the specific race sponsor/placements for the FIAGT and F1 races for the 3 years covered. Finding good and accurate information is a little difficult as most video/pics from those years actually miss a few key points (particularly the tower adverts). It wont be perfect... but please bear the pain of waiting as we wish to do the best possible within reason given the source materials. (If you wish to contribute, please PM)

View attachment 1085988
View attachment 1085989
Real nice.

When you say Spa 2003-2005, this is the version where they changed Bus Stop chicane from a double chicane to a single chicane, but still had the curved pit straight, yeah?

From FB. I'm almost drooling, waiting and watching for its' release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josip Null

The Singer is coming closer and closer to a release!
Adriaan Suy
😉

1634077508837.png

1634077530108.png

1634077546209.png

1634077564178.png

----------------------------------------------------------
Goria-Thun Track by doublezero

This is another one of those tracks I drove a few times and really enjoyed it... but I didn't rate it, and forgot the name.

After a serious search among 1,500 tracks, I finally found it again.

Another great creation from doublezero I highly recommend it if you don't have it.

It could really use a sign skin to dress it up a little. @Masscot, and anyone else?

RaceDepartment Link

Last edited:
From FB. THIS IS NOT MY MOD. Support the creator and FB group if you can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik Wispelwey Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

Re-edit of the Lancia Delta EvoR. Made some changes to visuals, specs and physics. Sound is now from Afa Fmod's Delta S4, which is good but imo interior sound could be better and the filesize is huge. Unfortunately it's the only Delta sound around.
Redline is restricted to 8500 due to sound limitation.

Original is by S3r1u5 and r-team motors and later updated by ACR.

https://www.mediafire.com/.../lancia_delta_evo2_r_v1.../file

Note: I still need to change the tire texture but that's something for the next update.

I replaced the sounds with Rally Legend's Lancia Delta S4. It sounds better and half the original size

Last edited:
i skipped this video because i risked a convulsion crisis for the fov used in it 🤣😂
Good to know that exist a solid base for the rampa hc
LOL! That was played through a fisheye lens. This would be so fantastic if it were nicely done. It needs so much work. Wish I had the time and knowledge to build it.

You visit my Blog and go from there.
So, just in relation to that, and I guess this is a general CM question as well:

How does the "Replace tyres" function work in content manager work, as I have tried doing this for other cars to add slick tyres, but the textures still remain the same, while the new tyres (at least in name) appear in the setup.

So, just in relation to that, and I guess this is a general CM question as well:

How does the "Replace tyres" function work in content manager work, as I have tried doing this for other cars to add slick tyres, but the textures still remain the same, while the new tyres (at least in name) appear in the setup.
Texture changes are done in the 3d model, skins folder, or CM can skin the tyres on the fly according to compound name.
Physics changes can be done with CM's replace tyres, but it is better to do that manually.

Texture changes are done in the 3d model, skins folder, or CM can skin the tyres on the fly according to compound name.
Physics changes can be done with CM's replace tyres, but it is better to do that manually.
So, just theoretically: If I have used "replace tyres" to add slicks to something with treaded tyres, and they are the same size, it will drive like it has slicks, but still appear to have treaded tyres?

I did what I did without actually testing the drive, as I just saw the tread and thought "Well, that didn't work."

I'm stumped, the code which directs the Bayro's dashboard to cast shadows doesn't work. It worked once, but when I changed a line of code below it, it breaks. I'm not sure if its something to do with the formatting or the mesh itself.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = hd_cpit_alcantara
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW = 1
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

Am I doing this wrong?

Edit: The shader replacement code ninja'd and oddly worked again :confused:

Edit 2: It suspect that the ext_config code in the main car directory is clashing with the other config files in the custom skins (those without the lumirank code works fine), causing the shadow glitch.
🤔

Edit 3: Thought so! Go in to your downloaded skin folder's ext_config file and if you see this section (default URD skins is free of this issue):

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = LED_Panel
SHADER = ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive
FILL_MISSING_TEXTURES = 1
PROP_... = emSkipDiffuseMap, 1
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 200, 200, 200

You can either delete, or tell CSP to ignore this particular section with semicolons. It's the very same lines of code used in the default config file URD made. :boggled:

I'll share this with you folks and let me know whether it works on your end. That said, I've made some new CSP additions and adjustments to the Bayro:
  • DRL and Tail lamp now stays on, like this
    and
  • Steering wheels buttons are now illuminated
  • Dashboard now casts shadow
  • Added new normal texture for the exhaust pipe, now with a textured look
  • Updated headlight texture, illumination and PBR
  • Updated tyre material properties
  • Added brake disc FX
  • (data.acd edit) RPM LEDs now rise from edge to centre, green, yellow and red. Though, I'm not sure how to make all of them blink red at rev limit.

Please do make a backup of the original extension folder and data.acd

Attachments

• Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_ks_vallelunga_13-9-121-11-47-59.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_ks_vallelunga_13-9-121-11-47-59.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-14-36.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-14-36.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-13-24.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-13-24.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-13-10.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-13-10.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-12-51.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-12-51.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-12-20.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-12-20.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-11-45.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_monza_12-9-121-23-11-45.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_sepang_13-9-121-14-27-29.jpg
    Screenshot_urd_bayro_gt3_sepang_13-9-121-14-27-29.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hey guys!

I'm trying to add extra pits to @VheEth's Hockenheim but I came across a problem that I'm not used to.

So I used kn5conv to get the fbx files. Converted them to fbx 2013 to be able to use in Blender and than this is what appeared to me when importing:

1634096941323.png

For some reason there are these lines attached to the center. Does anyone know why?

Than there's this:

1634098009930.png

The cube meshes in the hierarchy are inside those crosses.
The cubes themselves can only be selected when opening the hierachy like in AC_PIT_12 for example, which is named AC_PIT_12.001

This is very annoying and I don't really know what to do.

I tried just copying the cubes and naming correctly to add the pits via models.ini as I normaly do as you can see here:

1634097331325.png

But it didn't work. The spawn locations seems to be way off like here:

1634097486543.png

I also tryed to do exactly the way the cubes and crosses comes when converted, but it didn't work too.

This is the first time I encounter this kind of problem. I'm new to blender so It may be a dumb thing I'm not used to. Hope to hear what you guys have to say. I'm also ope to suggestions on how to improve. I already made some extra pits to other tracks via Blender and also only via 3dsimed3 which I'm not able to use in this case because the cubes and track meshes are separated. I thought about rendering them together and than copying throught 3dsimed but I'll only try this method in last case.

Cheers!

Last edited:
In contrary to initial observation, it is (massive) bumpsteer, so thanks for mentioning @andrevr
There were some other bugs reported, so the plan is to release a hotfix. (some win7 users reported CTD's) a few too modern DDS formats were used. The cockpit of the Benz and 911 are too bright so this will be sorted as well.
Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Appreciated. 👍

Hey guys!

I'm trying to add extra pits to @VheEth's Hockenheim but I came across a problem that I'm not used to.

Those cubes are parented to an empty, that's the way kn5conv exports them. You could un-parent the cubes, or add your cubes and parent then to the same empty, or just add your cubes and add them to the track as a separate kn5 file

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back