Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
Continuing on from others who have tried AMS 2 recently, I went back to it after a good 6 months off, I was shocked at it graphically. It looks very cartoonish compared to AC, I remembered it looking better! AC has ruined me now 😂
Don't buy MSFS then. It has ruined AC for me graphically.
I know one is planes one is cars. But the sky and the tones in it, its just a masterpiece.

For me I have all the 'sims'.
Just worth having them all sat there IMO.
Dirt rally, rfactor 1 and 2 etc etc.

Only real truth to what is better is when i check the game time in steam and AC is over 3000 hours, nearest to that is rae room at 250 hours and Rfactor 2 at 240 odd....

Not sure what is the 'best' but i know what i play more...

I'ver put 300 hours on MSFS in about a month and a bit though!

I know one is planes one is cars. But the sky and the tones in it, its just a masterpiece.

Only real truth to what is better is when i check the game time in steam and AC is over 3000 hours, nearest to that is rae room at 250 hours and Rfactor 2 at 240 odd....

Lol I spend a lot of time in AC since launch and I'm still only at 1/3 that

I also enjoy MSFS, but it is a different kettle of fish. In MSFS, I enjoy slowly cruising over the beautiful environment. In AC, I enjoy avoiding the AI cars at over 100 mph! I think both can be played without either having any effect on the other. Plus, as good as MSFS looks from the air, it's not so good looking when you get closer to the objects on the ground (but of course, this isn't how it should be played).

just one for each?
I got both in 2017 and 2021 versions, don't even know how.

oh yes, I know.
I'm a sl*t. :ill:

2017 versions of Dallara & Ligier @Wolterback

I also enjoy MSFS, but it is a different kettle of fish. In MSFS, I enjoy slowly cruising over the beautiful environment. In AC, I enjoy avoiding the AI cars at over 100 mph! I think both can be played without either having any effect on the other. Plus, as good as MSFS looks from the air, it's not so good looking when you get closer to the objects on the ground (but of course, this isn't how it should be played).
Yes good point. I think i am in the middle of a love affair with MSFS so my judgement is rather clouded.
AC will always be special to me in a gaming context.

AMS2 is nice, seems to have a lot in it that I like, but something is just always off.
I honestly think its that i like games to have different looks and it does look just like PCars...
Not a bad thing inherently, biut i like the differeing looks of sims.
Personally i don't know why they used the madness engine,but hey that is another topic and wrong thread..

Another thing that just came to me, I have so much landfill i've collected over the years, tracks i've kept but actually look horendous.
I need to de bloat A LOT... there is so much crud.
That is my plan on my day off to rid myself of the chaff and get back into being addicted to AC.

Last edited:
Yes good point. I think i am in the middle of a love affair with MSFS so my judgement is rather clouded.

AMS2 is nice, seems to have a lot in it that I like, but something is just always off.
I honestly think its that i like games to have different looks and it does look just like PCars...
Not a bad thing inherently, biut i like the differeing looks of sims.
Personally i don't know why they used the madness engine,but hey that is another topic and wrong thread..

Another thing that just came to me, I have so much landfill i've collected over the years, tracks i've kept but actually look horendous.
I need to de bloat A LOT... there is so much crud.
That is my plan on my day off to rid myself of the chaff and get back into being addicted to AC.
'Debloating' your collection of mods is always good. Not only does it make you feel better about the collection of mods you have left afterwards, but it caused me to rediscover some old classics that I had in my collection and had forgotten just how good they are.

re: the feel of racing sims

As much as I want to play AMS2, I will agree with @Gas12 in that "something is off". It simply does not feel... "right".

Many years ago I played a 3d game called Descent(1 and 2) and was a top 5 world ranked player. We anxiously awaited Descent3 with new graphics and other new features... it ultimately bombed and was unsuccessful especially with long time players of Descent1/2. Why? It simply did not "feel" right. Even without the prior titles reference it did not "flow" and the physics were "simply not right".

PCARS does also not feel "right", something is off... something you cant put your finger on... something wrong with its "world". As an investor/beta/contributor I recall PCARS had a few runs of betas that felt really proper, then that got lost... and returned a few betas later... and then the last run of final betas and the release had gone back to being "off". I recall at a very early stage that the world of PCARS did not behave properly and reported this in the behavior of TSO collision objects and the way the car reacted in collisions and anytime the car got airborne.

I also cannot come to grips with RaceRoom since the beginning for the same reasons in that it does not feel proper.

I play AC because it feels proper, right, and the world behaves as expected.

GTR2/GTL were miles ahead of feel compared to rFactor1 as well.

Just joined back in here to the right time lol.
MSFS is good for me for relaxing.. AC is also for relaxing on some open roads with traffic but also for getting the racing thrill.

..about 3000 Pages.
I did leave this thread a bit because of so many repeated talks.. and so much stuff which has nothing to do with what you can do with AC and the mods.
I wish the essence will come back some time.

Last edited:

As much as I want to play AMS2, I will agree with @Gas12 in that "something is off". It simply does not feel... "right".

Many years ago I played a 3d game called Descent(1 and 2) and was a top 5 world ranked player. We anxiously awaited Descent3 with new graphics and other new features... it ultimately bombed and was unsuccessful especially with long time players of Descent1/2. Why? It simply did not "feel" right. Even without the prior titles reference it did not "flow" and the physics were "simply not right".

PCARS does also not feel "right", something is off... something you cant put your finger on... something wrong with its "world". As an investor/beta/contributor I recall PCARS had a few runs of betas that felt really proper, then that got lost... and returned a few betas later... and then the last run of final betas and the release had gone back to being "off". I recall at a very early stage that the world of PCARS did not behave properly and reported this in the behavior of TSO collision objects and the way the car reacted in collisions and anytime the car got airborne.

I also cannot come to grips with RaceRoom since the beginning for the same reasons in that it does not feel proper.

If I had to pinpoint one thing for me that AC does better than the rest (in my opinion), its that feel of driving over the limit and your tyres fighting to find grip, slightly sliding and bumping across the asphalt. You can feel this so well in AC, but the other sims don't seem to capture this feeling so much. It might seem like a small thing, but when you're driving a particularly close race, that one effect can be so immersive.

Last edited:

Pcars, AMS, GTR, GTL, Raceroom are all based on rFactor 1.

>>> FORMULA E CIRCUITS <<<

Hi Guys!
I like Formula E ... so I've made a list of all year Formula E CIRCUITS where they run (from 2014 to 2022)
I've checked In orange with MISSED circuit i dont't think to be in Assetto Corsa.
I've also attached a link with Wikipedia formula e circuit to see the maps of the relatives tracks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_E_ePrix

Let me know if / where / when these will be made /convert for AC:
Puerto Madero Street Circuit
Montréal Street Circuit
Santiago Street Circuit
Beijing Olympic Green Circuit
Berlin Street Circuit
Putrajaya Street Circuit
Moscow Street Circuit
ExCeL London
Punta del Este Street Circuit
(Canada Street Circuit | Vancouver) new layout 2022
(Indonesia Street Circuit | Giakarta) new layout 2022
(Korea Street Circuit| Seoul) new layout 2022

thanks to all!

Attachments

• Eprix Circuits.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
>>> FORMULA E CIRCUITS <<<

Hi Guys!
I like Formula E ... so I've made a list of all year Formula E CIRCUITS where they run (from 2014 to 2022)
I've checked In orange with MISSED circuit i dont't think to be in Assetto Corsa.
I've also attached a link with Wikipedia formula e circuit to see the maps of the relatives tracks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_E_ePrix

Let me know if / where / when these will be made /convert for AC:
Puerto Madero Street Circuit
Montréal Street Circuit
Santiago Street Circuit
Beijing Olympic Green Circuit
Berlin Street Circuit
Putrajaya Street Circuit
Moscow Street Circuit
ExCeL London
Punta del Este Street Circuit
(Canada Street Circuit | Vancouver) new layout 2022
(Indonesia Street Circuit | Giakarta) new layout 2022
(Korea Street Circuit| Seoul) new layout 2022

thanks to all!
We could only dream Reboot Team convert all those RF2 Formula E tracks. Hong Kong in RF2 is by far the best.

If I had to pinpoint one thing for me that AC does better than the rest (in my opinion), its that feel of driving over the limit and your tyres fighting to find grip, slightly sliding and bumping across the asphalt. You can feel this so well in AC, but the other sims don't seem to capture this feeling so much. It might seem like a small thing, but when you're driving a particularly close race, that one effect can be so immersive.
ACC does. And miles better ! But it's expected lol.
Thing with AC is that for a couple of great, studio-like mods you've got a ton of truly awful ones and it's tiring to find the right mod that: drives well, looks nice and feels nice.
Nowadays I don't think Ilja's workshop idea is as bad as I first thought.

We could only dream Reboot Team convert all those RF2 Formula E tracks. Hong Kong in RF2 is by far the best.
Or just use RF2 ?

Last edited:
Skin of Magny Cours has main road a little dark. If you don't like it, please remove the track_main_dl.dds file from the F1_by_JV82 folder to reload original textures or adjust the exposure as you like editing the file. I have already fixed it.
Remember to deselect and select again the skin into CM to reload correctly.

Screen of fixed version

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2021_magny_cours_8-11-121-20-20-4.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I can't give the author Joshua Ridder enough praise for his remarkable: 1970 Javelin over at Racedepartment. Personally I find racing factory production cars some of the most entertaining. I have become a bit obsessed with the Javelin and the 70s era of racing again. I currently own a 1970 Mark Donahue Javelin 360 4bbl in real life. I noticed the stats of Joshua Ridder's 1970 Javelin and 1970 Javelin Trans Am edition are slightly off. It claims to have 305bhp on the (360 4bbl) engine which should in fact only be 285bhp and the (390 4bbl) claims to have 343bhp but in fact should be 325bhp. That being said even with the stats being documented wrong I find the physics and power in game to be almost perfect to its real life counterparts. I simply corrected the bhp and I'm happy for now. Ultimately, I would love to have some of the stripe variations skins for that year like the C stripe and the Mark Donahue stripes/ Logo on the wing like my car has irl. I thought I would just put that out there in hopes maybe someone more inclined than me might be working on something. Also working wipers would be a much deserved addition/ That and finally maybe a physics overhaul on the 1971 Javelin 401 production version as it's a rocket ship! Well... That's all for my wish list this year:)

Last edited:
My opinion of what is not right is that 99% of the cars still feel like they have very strong artificial stability control. Cars just magically realign with the road when they should be bent around an armco.

That and the camera is still all kinds of artificially bumpy and shaky.

They have made great strides though and I reckon at this rate, by the end of '22 or middle of '23 it should be ready for a V1.0.

re: other sims

Yes @EvilGloomy they were all based on the GMOTOR2 SDK but the implementation was quite different across those platforms. BTW, that SDK was about $125k for commercial licensing when a group I was involved with was in talks with Gjon. (dont forget GSC and Copa Petrobras de Marcas by Reiza as well as "The Volvo Game" and BMW M3 Challenge 2008 [which I converted to GTR2, Race07 and rFactor]

re: AMC
@akasson47 Nice ride! My first car was a 1969 Hurst Rambler S/C which was essentially an AMX 390 with a BorgWarner T10 close ratio 4speed and a 3:54 rear (plus the AMX disc brakes, rollbar and custom traction/location bars).

re: other sims

Yes @EvilGloomy they were all based on the GMOTOR2 SDK but the implementation was quite different across those platforms. BTW, that SDK was about $125k for commercial licensing when a group I was involved with was in talks with Gjon. (dont forget GSC and Copa Petrobras de Marcas by Reiza as well as "The Volvo Game" and BMW M3 Challenge 2008 [which I converted to GTR2, Race07 and rFactor]

re: AMC
@akasson47 Nice ride! My first car was a 1969 Hurst Rambler S/C which was essentially an AMX 390 with a BorgWarner T10 close ratio 4speed and a 3:54 rear (plus the AMX disc brakes, rollbar and custom traction/location bars).
Ah nice wish mine was 4 speed. I believe mine is 2.87 gears but I can't remember for sure. Thanks for sharing

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back