Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,027 comments
If your brain is usually with a mind set of physics, behavior, wheel settings and so on, it is not easy picking up a new game,
start driving and want everything great, due to that damn mind set used to - lets say 95% ? - the other game (AC).
Our brain needs a bit to get used to a new way of doing things. Not too much, but yet needs it.

It is like playing for one week an FPS like Wolfenstein: The New Order, and next, start playing other FPS like Battlefield V.
First impressions can be a bit desapointing, untill the brain get used to its settings, even the mouse movement, can be strange
at the beggining.

As for AI, AMS2 gives what it gives much better.
Want to let clear that I am not a fan boy of nothing.
Just my thought about it.
Oh I agree 100%. And like I've said a few times, this is all my opinion. Other people are entitled to theirs, of course.
For me, I'd be looking for a true successor to AC. The issue is, because of modding, AC has such a wealth of content and, after eight years, I've weeded out the crap and kept the good in my collection.
So what I would personally need is a sim good enough to make me overlook the fact that it doesn't have as much content as modded AC. I'd be looking for graphics, handling and, at the very least, a few of my favourite cars and circuits.
Automobilista 2 matches the last requirement but, in my opinion, the other two factors aren't superior enough to make me leave AC (and its hundreds of cars and tracks) behind quite yet.

Anyway, I didn't intend for this to turn into a AC vs AMS debate. I simply intended to convey my own feelings and how my personal experiences made me appreciate AC and its modding community a little more.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if strength and aggressiveness percentages of the AI also alter how they brake at corners? I'm trying to get decent racing at 66 Monaco but some drivers annoyingly brake way too early for the final hairpin.

Does anyone know if strength and aggressiveness percentages of the AI also alter how they brake at corners? I'm trying to get decent racing at 66 Monaco but some drivers annoyingly brake way too early for the final hairpin.
I can't remember how far back, but there was a recent post with an AI update for Monaco 1966

Returning with an update on the WEB and on the skins of the TCR SOUTHAMERICA

https://lr19skins.wixsite.com/home/touringcars

preview.jpgpreview.jpgpreview.jpg

I can't remember how far back, but there was a recent post with an AI update for Monaco 1966
I know, that was a reply to another post of mine. I was asking for something different, and I already found out myself the answer. The percentages of strength and aggressiveness do impact the AI drivers in their ability to tackle dangerous corners. At 100% they drive as fast as possible, although with some crashes here and there. But being Monaco, I will accept it. Kevink63's AI prevents the drivers from "purposely" hitting the wall at certain points. The original AI line of the track didn't seem to be very well done.

try to change the date day-month with the CSP app in game or, open with notepad the ext_config and comment with a ; before each line (with Notepad ++ you can select all the text and hit CTRL + Q to comment all) and save in order to disable the season ADJ from :::: SEASONS :::: and see if fixed.

Tocancipa is placed in the north emisphere, so it's december and it can snow even i don't know how much in real life. BTW with seasons disabled it should not be active, but it can be a CSP or SOL bot bug.

No idea about the car audio, i don't think is linked to the track itself even you have only on this one. In my testing (and for every config it takes a lot of time) i didn't have any issue of any kind
It appears to be working, or looks good, now that I installed the update and commented out the seasonal settings.

However there still seems to be an issue where the engine audio of some cars isn't working, or it can't be heard.

One of them for me is Legion's Formula Vee -->Download Link

Is there any extension for the ETRC trucks available, to have some diesel smoke and (or) wiper animation?
Try this text for diesel smoke. Just copy the text into the ext_config.ini of the car. I have no idea, where I got that text from, but I have copied it into all my diesel-trucks. The smoke is rather light so you can still see the track and other cars. I have seen some diesel-smoke for AC where everything goes black.

Attachments

• diesel.txt
    844 bytes · Views: 16
I have AMS2, AC, ACC, PC2.

I'm always back to AC.

Why? Simply...it's moddable and because it has the biggest community!

Here there are over 3000 pages of discussion, on RD there are over 18k mods...

AC is not just a simulation, a game but a real forge for creativity!

Last edited:
It appears to be working, or looks good, now that I installed the update and commented out the seasonal settings.

However there still seems to be an issue where the engine audio of some cars isn't working, or it can't be heard.

One of them for me is Legion's Formula Vee -->Download Link
as a test, try to remove the SFX too from the ext_config and see if something changes or not

Does anybody have any reliable insider information on whether or not Guerilla will ever fix the GT4 windscreen dirt issue... :irked:
...it`s not a bug, it´s a feature :D

For real i have a small "fix_light" found here at GTP some time ago. It makes at least the dirt less disturbing.
You can remember me in 6-10hours, so i can look after it.

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for these mods (Ligier JS P217, Dallara 217), who knows whose mods they are and are they available somewhere? If not, will they appear later?

and

I will be glad for any information! thanks :)

Last edited:
Has anyone used Kunos' Maserati MC12 GT1 in the race? It's really very slow under ~ 5000 rpm, it doesn't torque right away, 1st gear is very long. The standing start is "impossible" 😩
Kunos declares 580 CV, but analyzing "power.lut" and "engine.ini" with <AC Torque Helper> results in ~ 480 CV 🤔

Hey! To all 2D Clouds Lover.
Which SOL Version is the best for "Only 2D Clouds". I get with all SOL2.2 Version a weather reset (a blue sky) between the weather slots. I use weather plans for random dynamic weather.
Is there a recommendation. Thanks
I also prefer 2d clouds for driving (I use VR and 3d clouds look very weird) and 3d clouds for replays as they produce better reflections. I think the best version was "1.6.2. + 1.5.5.", Which had an advantage and that is that it allowed to configure with the presets 2d clouds for driving and 3d for replays, without having to change the script or the controller manually.

Last edited:
Hey! To all 2D Clouds Lover.
Which SOL Version is the best for "Only 2D Clouds". I get with all SOL2.2 Version a weather reset (a blue sky) between the weather slots. I use weather plans for random dynamic weather.
Is there a recommendation. Thanks
I use 2.2beta4 without any problems (and I only use 2D clouds since the 3D ones look garbage).

F1 Fictional Skin for Magny-Cours + DRS by JV82 FINAL

Skin + DRS Zone for Magny-Cours v4.4b by Terra21 - Updated by jk0011 and slider666.

Link inside the archive.

I hope you like it!

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ddc...n+for+Magny+Cours+++DRS+by+JV82+FINAL.7z/file

I'm very much enjoying using your skins. Thank you.
You made one for Jerez 2010 recently. I'm just curious if you would consider making a modern day skin for the same track, based somewhat on reality? I imagine a lot of billboards have changed position since 2010, but I'm just thinking more authentic Spanish sponsors etc.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Kunos' Maserati MC12 GT1 in the race? It's really very slow under ~ 5000 rpm, it doesn't torque right away, 1st gear is very long. The standing start is "impossible" 😩
Well i used this Maserati along with a GT1 2010 carpack from here...and observed nothing wrong. The car was fully competetive from start till the end :)

Last edited:
I'm very much enjoying using your skins. Thank you.
You made one for Jerez 2010 recently. I'm just curious if you would consider making a modern day skin for the same track, based somewhat on reality? I imagine a lot of billboards have changed position since 2010, but I'm just thinking more authentic Spanish sponsors etc.
Thank You!
I'm only able to edit .dds, not to create new ones in different position. It would be nice!
At today I edit some of old F1 track with new billboard textures (where and how I can).

Last edited:
Thank You!
I'm only able to edit .dds, not to create new ones in different position. It would be nice!
At today I edit some of old F1 track with new billboard textures (where and how I can).
Thank you. I was thinking more of leaving the billboards where they are but just using modern Spanish sponsors in the same places that you have put the F1 sponsors.
I did something similar when I released Albacete a while ago. I researched modern Spanish sponsors and put them on the billboards, irrelevant of whether that particular sponsor is there on that particular billboard in real life. Just the feeling of having authentic sponsors added to the atmosphere, whether they were in the right places or not.

Thank you. I was thinking more of leaving the billboards where they are but just using modern Spanish sponsors in the same places that you have put the F1 sponsors.
I did something similar when I released Albacete a while ago. I researched modern Spanish sponsors and put them on the billboards, irrelevant of whether that particular sponsor is there on that particular billboard in real life. Just the feeling of having authentic sponsors added to the atmosphere, whether they were in the right places or not.
Ah! Ok...
No, only F1 billboards to create a 2021 fictional races at these circuits (for a big long championship! :banghead::lol:)

Last edited:
Ah! Ok...
No, only F1 billboards to create a 2021 fictional races at these circuits.
No worries. I might look into doing something myself sometime, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
It was your skin that inspired me, as it looks good, but it also highlighted to me that we don't have an authentic modern skin for that track.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back