Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,768 comments
SMALL (IMPROVEMENTS) TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

RT Sebring

If anyone noticed some overexposure on the track lights using SOL (older and newer version) with the latest RT Sebring shared by @Masscot, i reworked a bit the ext_config, and leaved in the folder also a backup (as always) of the original config by them

Changelog:

• Improved ext_config with some lights additions and some lights improvements
  • New TV cams set

You can download it here

Nice track - I had an issue loading the track with CSP 0.1.75-preview1, seemingly associated with camera_facing.ini. I tried messing around in the file (some of the / were \) but that didn't fix it. Changed the filename from camera_facing.ini to camera_facing.orig just to disable the file, and the track loads fine.
Strange.. and CSP has nothing to do with camera_facing.ini

try this alternate version:

Attachments

• camera_facing.ini
    3.1 KB · Views: 12
I'm getting the message CM doesn't have permission to auto update and to install updates manually. How do I update manually, and how would I give CM permission to update automatically?

Thanks Cris

I'm guessing this is where short routes can be connected?

acs_x64.exe Screenshot 2021.12.19 - 00.31.56.07.jpg

I'm also wondering if you'd mind a quick revisit to lovely Franciacorta.
When spectators are toggled off some still appear on the hill here:

acs_x64.exe Screenshot 2021.12.19 - 00.17.09.57.jpg

Thanks Cris

I'm guessing this is where short routes can be connected?

I'm also wondering if you'd mind a quick revisit to lovely Franciacorta.
When spectators are toggled off some still appear on the hill here:

I don't get the point of the sebring road, what you mean? I've worked only on the config side of the track, so lights and small other improvements, but not on the layout or 3D stuff.

I've reworked franciacorta too (the one of ACF if i'm not wrong), but i didn't touched that things too, as said, i concentrare my works on cameras, and configs ;)

I don't get the point of the sebring road, what you mean? I've worked only on the config side of the track, so lights and small other improvements, but not on the layout or 3D stuff.

I've reworked franciacorta too (the one of ACF if i'm not wrong), but i didn't touched that things too, as said, i concentrare my works on cameras, and configs ;)
Ah, fair enough. Seemed like your update enabled spectators on Franciacortia to be hidden via CSP Track Adjustments, just left a few floating without the stand.

Re: Sebring I meant it looks as if the track could be divided into short layouts as well :)

Ah, fair enough. Seemed like your update enabled spectators on Franciacortia to be hidden via CSP Track Adjustments, just left a few floating without the stand.

Re: Sebring I meant it looks as if the track could be divided into short layouts as well :)
Well, you can hide everything you want via ext_config, but i never did it as far as i remember :D

Sebring have 3 variations, the main one used for the 12hrs, the Johnson Club Circuit and the School Circuit, but i'm pretty sure they are amost never used for international racing (the Johnson Club), while the School circuit i think is only used for training

Well, you can hide everything you want via ext_config, but i never did it as far as i remember :D

Sebring have 3 variations, the main one used for the 12hrs, the Johnson Club Circuit and the School Circuit, but i'm pretty sure they are amost never used for international racing (the Johnson Club), while the School circuit i think is only used for training
Then there's the Harry Schell variant of the old 5.5-mile course, mapped during qualifying for the first U.S. GP in 1959. The layout was so vast that there weren't enough marshals to keep an eye on all of it. Schell, in a scrawny 2.2-liter Cooper, did a miraculous 3:05 in qualifying to take third on the grid. Despite howls of protest, Harry stood his ground, insisting that his 'magic' lap was genuine. From Wikipedia: "What had really happened with Schell did not come out until after the race. At Sebring, just beyond the MG Bridge and before the Esses was a sharp right turn that apparently led nowhere. Schell found, however, that it connected with the end of the Warehouse Straight, bypassing the entire straight and the Warehouse Hairpin. He had secretly cut across and come back on the course during a lull in the traffic – and cut six seconds off his time! It didn't help him in the race, however; he was eighth after the first lap and retired after only six."

Last edited:
The limiter in engine.ini is set lower than UP shift in ai.ini. So the AI is not able to upshift to first gear. Just lower the value in ai.ini below the limiter setting. Of course this only works when the car is not encryted.
ok, thanks for picking up. I've already changed this value in ai.ini, but unfortunately the car folder is not compacted...

Last edited:
Then there's the Harry Schell variant of the old 5.5-mile course, mapped during qualifying for the first U.S. GP in 1959. The layout was so vast that there weren't enough marshals to keep an eye on all of it. Schell, in a scrawny 2.2-liter Cooper, did a miraculous 3:05 in qualifying to take third on the grid. Despite howls of protest, Harry stood his ground, insisting that his 'magic' lap was genuine. From Wikipedia: "What had really happened with Schell did not come out until after the race. At Sebring, just beyond the MG Bridge and before the Esses was a sharp right turn that apparently led nowhere. Schell found, however, that it connected with the end of the Warehouse Straight, bypassing the entire straight and the Warehouse Hairpin. He had secretly cut across and come back on the course during a lull in the traffic – and cut six seconds off his time! It didn't help him in the race, however; he was eighth after the first lap and retired after only six."
yeah, i'm talking about the modern layouts available, not the oldest one due to the fact the old Sebring is a bit different than the modern layout ;)

Just a thing that a leave here. First of all congrats to Reboot Team for another masterpiece of them and for a must-have track like Sebring (hard work to convert and rework from rf2 to ac). I know this is not the rightplace to talk about these things probably, but I don't understand why the organisation of the competitions on Sebring don't resurface the track for the safe of the drivers. I mean, I know that those bumps are a great feature for an historic track like Sebring but things should be also safe, shouldn't them?

Just a thing that a leave here. First of all congrats to Reboot Team for another masterpiece of them and for a must-have track like Sebring (hard work to convert and rework from rf2 to ac). I know this is not the rightplace to talk about these things probably, but I don't understand why the organisation of the competitions on Sebring don't resurface the track for the safe of the drivers. I mean, I know that those bumps are a great feature for an historic track like Sebring but things should be also safe, shouldn't them?
because Sebring is not a permanently racetrack. The raceway uses part of the Sebring Regional Airport which is active for private and commercial traffic.

And btw, for what i understood in years watching american races, the reacetrack needs to be more "natural" as possibile. American racing are not fashion-races like in F1 (allow me the forced comparison)

Last edited:
This version of Sebring is just amazingly realistic !! Thank you very much !
Just a quick question, would it be possible to have more boxes for a next update far add more ai please ?

@Pyyer can I ask you sth.?

Did you delete GrassFX from Istanbul Park? I you do, how can I add it back or turn it on with your extensions? Because on my game, they look flat green.

Last edited:
Did the guys from the Reboot team manage to convert the new track from RF2? This sounds fantastic!
Does this mean that in the future we can finally see in the AC laserscan version of Monaco?

RT Sebring

If anyone noticed some overexposure on the track lights using SOL (older and newer version) with the latest RT Sebring shared by @Masscot, i reworked a bit the ext_config, and leaved in the folder also a backup (as always) of the original config by them

Changelog:

• Improved ext_config with some lights additions and some lights improvements
  • New TV cams set

You can download it here

Improvement..is this fair to assume you improved it or did you just create a variant to your taste. Just saying like..maybe a different choice of words next time

Did the guys from the Reboot team manage to convert the new track from RF2? This sounds fantastic!
Does this mean that in the future we can finally see in the AC laserscan version of Monaco?
rF2 tracks have always been fairly easy to convert, nothing special.

Only the official DLC cannot be converted as it is encrypted

Has anyone ever had issues with a car not displaying tire data in sidekick app properly. Normally all the numbers are color coded but I have the URD Darche cup car that all the numbers are in gray.

Improvement..is this fair to assume you improved it or did you just create a variant to your taste. Just saying like..maybe a different choice of words next time
Improvements yes. If the lights (as said) completely overexpose something (that's a problem), is not a matter of taste

Improvements also because i added other features not present in your config. Then? I have to excuse myself? I don't think so.

Anyway i don't force anyone download my stuff, and i don't want any thanks for them, i just share them (maybe you have to think twice before feeling offended for nothing).

Last edited:
Improvements yes. If the lights (as said) completely overexpose something (that's a problem), is not a matter of taste.

Improvements also because i added other features not present in your config. Then? I have to excuse myself? I don't think so.
Your extension works very well for my setup. I had an over exposure issue on the main straight mainly. The cars were completely washed out. Much better now....thanks.

Your extension works very well for my setup. I had an over exposure issue on the main straight mainly. The cars were completely washed out. Much better now....thanks.
Same problem i had (you tested a lot of my config so when i have a problem you have it too 😂
😂😂). Glad my UPTASTE (maybe a better, new non existing word) is working fine on your side ;)

rF2 tracks have always been fairly easy to convert, nothing special.

Only the official DLC cannot be converted as it is encrypted
Wasn't Sebring a DLC just like Monaco?
I thought that for this reason there was still no scanned version in the AC...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back