Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,796 comments
As far as i remember, Sebring is a payware DLC for rF2, so you're right if i understood well your point ;)
Yes, that's exactly what I meant - Sebring was an encrypted DLC, so no one had been able to convert it before.
So again, I want to ask those guys who communicate with the Reboot team - does this mean that we can see Monaco?
I want to emphasize that Monaco is the last of the legendary top 5 tracks, which has not yet been presented in the AC in an accurate lasercan version.
PS Huge respect for the work done for the Reboot team! Sebring is what many have been waiting for. Every release from Reboot is a gift for the community!

Last edited:
Yes, that's exactly what I meant - Sebring was an encrypted DLC, so no one had been able to convert it before.
So again, I want to ask those guys who communicate with the Reboot team - does this mean that we can see Monaco?
I want to emphasize that Monaco is the last of the legendary top 5 tracks, which has not yet been presented in the AC in an accurate lasercan version.
PS Huge respect for the work done for the Reboot team! Sebring is what many have been waiting for. Every release from Reboot is a gift for the community!
It could happen, but Monaco is not in the planning atm.

Thank you for an amazing track release to the entire Reboot Team. I am not sure where we donate, but this is well worth it. The immersion factor of this is out of here. Thank you for all the time you take to help bring this version, a gem of a legendary American Racetrack to AC and then SHARE it for us to all enjoy!! You guys just keep delivering high quality work. I recently did some edits for someone on another track and it takes FOREVER to get things just right. To get it perfect. Not sure if people think you press a green button and a RF2 track (or any other) just magically converts into a masterpiece like this in AC. It takes months of man hours to convert anything. The conversion and details of a track by far outweigh the work required to convert a car. Given I have done work on both, I have a position of understanding. Most serious conversions are ones released with pride. I too feel insulted if someone immediately claim they have improved something of mine. Even if it had, it would have been better and appreciated if the 'improver' sent the updates to the converters to update the release. Much like everyone here did properly with @shi's conversion. If not, proper etiquette would be to call it a 'personal config update' for anyone who cares to use it. Those updates too are appreciated when shared here. Thank you again Reboot team.
You feel insulted when someone says they made an extention (optional) that improves something?
Do you not feel insulted that its simply a rip from studio397, a team that, lets be honest, is very very far from being Turn10, they really aren't breaking any records with sales of Rfactor2 and DLC's.

The work they put in to totally scratch make this track, their man hours, their efforts all for it to be ripped and elicit such coments as

"Great work reboot, now i have no rerason to even launch rfactor2 ever again"

Further to that why do people not shout about how insulted they are with the miriad of extention improvements for the F1 tracks?

Its good, its a good rip, but its still a rip.
I can just about take the unfaltering back slapping for just converting someone elses toil.

But crying because someone made an extention for it?

Last edited:
It's a pity :(
Maybe, if they have such an opportunity, they could extract only the road grid from the rf2 version and share it with the community? Someone could adapt it to the existing mod of Monaco ... :)

they really aren't breaking any records with sales of Rfactor2 and DLC's.
This is only because they failed to make their product popular enough ...
Once upon a time, when the DLC with laserscan Nordschleife came out for AC, it was quickly convert to Rf2. And the RF2 community was incredibly happy about this. And this raised the popularity of Rf2, since the legendary track appeared in it.
Was it bad for someone? I doubt.
Mod platform exist due to this. Rf2 and АС with the help of modders exchange content and only benefit from it. If it were not for such an opportunity, both Rf2 and AC would have long been forgotten by everyone. So there is no need to complain that Rf2 is suffering. Everyone who wanted to buy a DLC - did it.
Whoever did not want to - will not do it in any case.

You feel insulted when someone says they made an extention (optional) that improves something?
Do you not feel insulted that its simply a rip from studio397, a team that, lets be honest, is very very far from being Turn10, they really aren't breaking any records with sales of Rfactor2 and DLC's.

The work they put in to totally scratch make this track, their man hours, their efforts all for it to be ripped and elicit such coments as

"Great work reboot, now i have no rerason to even launch rfactor2 ever again"

Further to that why do people not shout about how insulted they are with the miriad of extention improvements for the F1 tracks?

Its good, its a good rip, but its still a rip.
I can just about take the unfaltering back slapping for just converting someone elses toil.

But crying because someone made an extention for it?
Hardly crying now..like I have said before I don't really have a leg to stand on..I was just pointing out that a different choice of words may have been a more polite way to go about things ..but hey nevermind..it's all good...on a side note..can you explain why if a mod is given away freely a modder would choose to use sharemods...it's a genuine question..before anybody gets upset

ATCC Grp A Holden VK v1.6
RJE / ACTK
Fix collider.kn5
Fix colliders.ini
Fix tyres.ini
Fix F6 cameras
Add Wipers
Add news LOD
Add AO skins
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1386

patcc_holden_vk_grpa.jpg

Hello. First of all thanks for the great Sebring track.
BTW anyone knows what possibly causes this? As you can see all painted lines don't get shadow.
2021-12-19 (3).png
2021-12-19 (2).png

Last edited:
I just released the first version of the Tatuus revamped, this version based on the USF-17 car.

I'd be glad to receive feedback from people using it :') It's not high quality (I'm gonna try to improve it for next versions) as I'm not expert enough in creating a whole car, so it might contain few bugs, glitches (poor quality in modeling, textures and shaders)

Next is Formula Renault 2.0

Here's a little something that may or may not be of interest to one or two of you.

View attachment 1100010

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7qdzbbff2npwwie/rt_sebring.7z/file
It has been a long time since I had such sensations from the road surface of the track!
I am not exaggerating if I say that this is the best we have at the moment, or the best that I have tried.
Now you cannot push the pedal to the floor when cornering and this improves your driving skills. Excellent road surface, it feels very good on a good steering wheel.
Thanks for this masterpiece!

Hardly crying now..like I have said before I don't really have a leg to stand on..I was just pointing out that a different choice of words may have been a more polite way to go about things ..but hey nevermind..it's all good...on a side note..can you explain why if a mod is given away freely a modder would choose to use sharemods...it's a genuine question..before anybody gets upset
An incredibly well measured responce.
All of that totally accepted, in fairness i was referencing some other posters who chose to speak on your behalf, as people on the internet like to do.

I agree with the sharemodfs angle as well, we currently have someone going through all of the ATCC cars and bunging them on sharemods.

Jim, you are a gent, you would of been well within yours rights to come at me guns blazing.
Track is great, all your tracks are great. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
So the problems is sharemods? If you think i gain money from it, get it out of your mind. Instead of creating controversy for nothing you could have used the DM function to ask clarification.

Hi, guys. I recently downloaded a car that has its interior windows opaque instead of transparent. I usually fix that easily but this time the car is encrypted. Since the model is ok, the physics not so bad and it allows for custom previews, I was inclined to keep it but only if I can circumvent the windows problem ('cos I only drive on dashboard view). Here's the question: is it possible to change the shader via the ext_config file? If yes, what are the parameters to do so? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Oh yea - basically the laser-scanned Monaco is the only reason I still have it on. (And there's a great new-ish version of East London for rF2 as well that I've not seen on AC. But that's not a "big" track.)

For Sebring, I've driven it a lot in rF2 - and so I'm not surprised by the bumps or how tough it is. (I am a bit surprised by how much others are surprised who got used to the two old AC versions - I knew they were not fully accurate, I haven't driven them, but I didn't know they were so much off that people are surprised by how this new version is!)

The track itself is as awesome as I remembered from rF2 - it's an excellent port, loving to lap it now.

Thank you, team!
The smartest trackmaker I know says the Reboot Project's Sebring (based on rF2's Sebring) is 20% more bumpy than it is in IRL. No matter; it feels right: we expect an authentic Sebring to be a ground-pounder, and the Reboot Project's is. To make a setup work for this goat-trail, you need to make some adjustments. Raise the ride height a lot, soften the springs and shocks and stiffen the bars to compensate. You might take some wing out (you need suspension travel more than you need than downforce) and loosen the diff. Maybe less braking torque (you don't want to lock a wheel on the bumps or the berms). Lengthen the lower gears (you don't want to spin your wheels either). Here's a sample setup for a perennial Sebring favorite: the Porsche 911 RS.

Attachments

• Sebring_12_18_2021.ini.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 15
Has anyone ever had issues with a car not displaying tire data in sidekick app properly. Normally all the numbers are color coded but I have the URD Darche cup car that all the numbers are in gray.
So looking into this more, it seems sidekick is not reading the data as it gives a no data error in the sidekick car data screen. I have verified that there is an .ini file in both brakes folder and compound folder for sidekick and there is data in those .ini files. anyone have any other suggestions?

badge.png

!!!!RELEASED!!! AC Legends GTC60’s Pack

sandy-start-bizza.jpg

vette-brem.jpg

904-Brem.jpg

etype-sandy.jpg

GTC-Porsche-duel.jpg

cobra.jpg

This mod is a tribute to the 60’s era of GT racing. A decade that brought us some of the most beautiful cars ever produced and the best racing ever! Many of the models in this mod where floating around the web for years. We brought them up to current AC standards using the latest features of CM/ CSP. Our goal was to use a realistic physics set, with as much real data as possible. This means that most cars have unique 'build from scratch' suspension physics, engines and gearbox. We tried to reproduce the vehicle dynamics of the era, so you do need to balance the cars, be gentle with your inputs and drive the car with your feet!

Up to 2021 standards with CSP:
  • all cars have (refracting) headlights, wipers, improved shaders, high(er) res cockpits
  • most skins are 4k scratch made by Ben Nash (or ‘reworks / rebuilds’ of existing skins).
  • all cars have proper LoD's & 3d colliders for better VR/ multiplayer/ big grid AI racing

V1.0 Credits
  • Models: Conversions / updates/ add-ons
    • DrDoomslab (models, textures/ AO and all the little details)
    • Norms (Wiper animations, rebuilt LoD’s, 3d Colliders, all the little details)
    • Ben Nash (Meisterskinner), Pasta (historic (Japanese) skins)
    Physics & AI: Bazza
    Sounds: Kunos, AMA Fmod (Porsche 904/911), Legion (Shelby 289’s), various unknown sources.
    Skins: new 4k skins by Ben Nash + many skins from the RaceDepartment community:
    Aad Gagesteijn, Andy-R, BDA, carmar, chili pepper, Gigi54, GPLGEM, GT3RSAss, Guerilla Mods, hal4000, Juergen Lung, LeSunTzu, Ned, Nico, NWRAP, Pasta2000, playwithwind, schUPpor, Smallblock Hero, Tim Lotus, The SourceOf TheNile, susanthedeath, Xedrox (sorry if I forgot someone)

Testers: Timo One, ValentinK, Dirk Steffen, capt nasties, 50ftElvis, the THR community.
Over 30.000 km testing km’s where made by the team, special thanks to Valentin and Timo for their hard work!

Special Thanks:
Youtube Channels: Mike from Simracing604, Scotty from 2Old4Forza, Jake from GPLaps, Michael from SingleRacer and Billy Strange Racing for their contagious passion for historic simracing. You might also check the SirSpatsgaming channel for the latest modding news!
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m9d6ks7h9bnv2wl/2021_10_08_AC_Legends_GTC_60s_Pack_v1.0%282%29.7z/file

Note for proper installation:
For proper installation of the original Kunos cars follow detailed instruction in the manual, on the regarding pages (page 5  Alfa ; page 8  Ferrari)

You need ‘Kunos Ferrari 70 Anniversary DLC pack’ to install the Ferrari 250 GTO
!!! Released: AC Legends GTC60's version 1.1 !!!

Changelog v1.1

• Repacked with the previous v1.05 update:
  • Included all the amazing skin add-ons of the RD community
  • Corvette: (side) windows fix
  • Elan: removed speakers. fixed hole in mesh
  • E-type LM, fixed cockpit dials
  • All cars: updated data.acd, date stamp of 19/12/2021

Physics updates:
  • Overall slightly improved BoP
  • Corvette C2: Corrected roll-centers according to SAE datasheet, rebuilt rear suspension geometry
  • Jaguar E-type (both LM and LW): Corrected roll-centers according to SAE datasheet, corrected front A- Arm lenghts,rebuilt rear suspension geometry. Reduced engine inertia.
  • Cobra Hardtop: tweaked inertia, adjusted CoG.
  • Shelby Mustang: Improved Arning/ Shelby drop, thus raised front roll center, reducing roll.

Download: AC Legends GTC60's pack version 1.1 Full Install

Last edited:
!!! Released: AC Legends GTC60's version 1.1 !!!

Changelog v1.1

• Repacked with the previous v1.05 update:
  • Included all the amazing skin add-ons of the RD community
  • Corvette: (side) windows fix
  • Elan: removed speakers. fixed hole in mesh
  • E-type LM, fixed cockpit dials
  • All cars: updated data.acd, date stamp of 19/12/2021

Physics updates:
  • Overall slightly improved BoP
  • Corvette C2: Corrected roll-centers according to SAI datasheet, rebuilt rear suspension geometry
  • Jaguar E-type (both LM and LW): Corrected roll-centers according to SAI datasheet, corrected front A- Arm lenghts,rebuilt rear suspension geometry. Reduced engine inertia.
  • Cobra Hardtop: tweaked inertia, adjusted CoG.
  • Shelby Mustang: Improved Arning/ Shelby drop, thus raised front roll center, reducing roll.

Download: AC Legends GTC60's pack version 1.1 Full Install
cat-cute.gif

Kind of a dumb question. If I have my desktop scaling set at 125% and I run AC in fullscreen mode, is the game being scaled up to 125% as well or is scaling disabled when running full screen?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back