Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,743 comments
CM paint shop: Can you select parts of a car to paint? (Such as just aero pieces on a regular car or calipers). Or are you stuck to what options are available? Can you change the options, such as adding capilers or specific aero parts?

Small skin for RT Mont Tremblant to remove the floating telegraph wire artifacts from above the treeline.
Unzip the file and drop the skins folder into the track folder and make sure the 'Tree Artifact Fix' skin is active.

This tweak might eventually be baked in if/when the track is updated, but for now just have the skin active. It can be used simultaneously with other skins.
Don't mean to be a pain but any chance you can package your skin updates with some kind of folder structure in future so it doesn't get binned for being named "skins" and me having no idea what it's for if i don't install it right away

:cheers:

VR Driving

tJ476lou9hnoe5s94tl0 mndm5low ·

Fan submitted this McLaren 720S GT3X this morning! We will test it out this weekend! Thank you!
For anyone else that would like to try it, here it is!
Link:
https://sharemods.com/56cblyevu3lf/mclaren_720_gt3x.zip.html
Racing Macau GP With The 720S GT3:
https://tinyurl.com/ms2aatsc
Top 10 Mods of 2021:
https://tinyurl.com/5dcse6wr
If you enjoy what we do, please consider subscribing to our YouTube Channel and smashing the like on every video. Your support can directly influence the creation of mods in the future as we invest 100% of our revenue into mod creation such as premium 3D model creations, commission jobs to various modders or just support them via Patreon. So if you can help us get past the YouTube Algorithm, that way we can invest in more mod creators in the future!
https://tinyurl.com/5rbvjbw8
Screenshot_mclaren_720_gt3x_ks_silverstone_14-0-122-19-35-48.jpg

VR Driving

Fan submitted this McLaren 720S GT3X this morning! We will test it out this weekend! Thank you!
Link:
Top 10 Mods of 2021:
If you enjoy what we do, please consider subscribing to our YouTube Channel and smashing the like on every video. Your support can directly influence the creation of mods in the future as we invest 100% of our revenue into mod creation such as premium 3D model creations, commission jobs to various modders or just support them via Patreon. So if you can help us get past the YouTube Algorithm, that way we can invest in more mod creators in the future!
View attachment 1105914
Finally I'm so glad that someone's done this beast. Can't wait to drive it!

So...here's a new episode of the Audi Quattro V8 DTM V2 saga.

audi_v8_quattro.jpg

• Initially by SwissTony, reworked by NeilB1971, Beezer, and TMW Mods.
  • Physics update by Riky_Sim: AWD2 system, Re-balanced aero, Tyres, Braking and Setup settings
  • Graphics update by Lorelord: fixed LODs and interior shadows plus new VAO
  • Graphic update by me: glass texture replacement via extension

Tested with csp 1.77 and free as a bird.

Have fun and make a lot of noise.

Last edited:
View attachment 1105821
Proud Of You Reaction GIF

The race's length is 100 km.

Get a calculator machine and divide 100 by the track length. The result should be the number of laps.
Of course, you might have to round the number of lasps.
If you get 22.2022, round to 22. If get 28.8561, round to 29.
Always round up. If the length of the race is 100km, the first lap after elapsing 100km must be the last lap of the race.

i.e.

There's a much better East London in rF2 released recently, but it's not converted yet. I haven't heard about any of the others.
Received permission from chickenDuck the author of the recent Aldo Scribante, Zwartkops and East London for rf2 to convert them to AC. Aldo Scribante is ready and will be released shortly. Zwartkops is on progress and already on AC on my PC. East London will follow

Last edited:
Received permission from chickenDuck the author of the recent Aldo Scribante, Zwartkops and East London for rf2 to convert them to AC. Aldo Scribante is ready and will be released shortly. Zwartkops is on progress and already on AC on my PC. East London will follow
Wow, that sounds great! Yes, that's the version I was thinking of.

Many thanks for giving the South African tracks some love. Much appreciated. :cheers:

shi
Naruto Skyline v1.1
Converted from rFactor2.
View attachment 1062877View attachment 1062881

Nsuka is a virtual circuit about the 'Naruto Skyline' in Naruto city,Tokushima,Japan.
Its reading is "enu suka".
You should drive the left traffic lane except overtaking, to obey a japanese traffic law.

Remove the old version and then install it.
・CSP required
・34 pit/start
・3 layouts (InnerLoop, OuterLoop, Freeroam)

NOTE;
- You can reduce the rattling of the road surface a little by checking Settings> CSP> General Patch Settings> Physics tweaks> Use double precision physics engine.(CSP 0.1.74 or higher)

Credits & Thanks;
・Takach (website), the author of the rfactor2 original version.
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@ckkjw398 ,support and Camtool Replay (V1.0 does not include camtool, Was included up to v0.961)
@CrisT86 , config advice

v1.0 changelog;
There was an update to the original source and my previous work wasn't good, so I converted from almost scratch.
The layout has been reduced to three: InnerLoop, OuterLoop, and freeroam.
Changed the start position to match the original source.
I was able to include an aerial photograph at the time of conversion.
Increased the number of Pit / Start to 24.
Rework ext_config.ini
Includes Replace Sign skin
And Many others...

v1.1 changelog;
Objects were aggregated and optimized.
Adjust ext_config.ini
The number of PITs has been increased to 34.

RD link
MEGA link
Naruto Skyline v1.1 update

changelog;
Objects were aggregated and optimized.
Adjust ext_config.ini
The number of PITs has been increased to 34.

The link is in the quote.

Don't mean to be a pain but any chance you can package your skin updates with some kind of folder structure in future so it doesn't get binned for being named "skins" and me having no idea what it's for if i don't install it right away

:cheers:
Yeah, sorry about that, I know what you mean - it's caught me out before in the past as well. With Mont Tremblant I was testing a theory (which worked) and sharing it here was almost an afterthought.

It'd be good if as a community we could fix these 'telegraph wires' as we come across them and upload small skins. There are a hell of a lot of tracks that suffer from them, and it seems to be due to something squiffy in the way AC places DDSes. I'm not sure exactly what's happening but basically, it looks like the bottom few lines of horizontal pixels often get shifted (or copied) to the top of the texture, and if that texture happens to have a alpha channel giving transparency at the top (eg crowds, trees, bushes, treewalls etc) then it can appear as dark horizontal artifacts. Weirdly, they're more visible at distance and seem to fade the closer you get, but especially for the tops of treewalls forming a horizon framed against the sky they can be quite noticeable, especially in VR. I don't think it's a CM/CSP issue as they still exist in vanilla form.

There's a simple method to fix them though in case anyone out there wants to try it. It'd be cool if people could upload any fixes as they do them:

To remove 'telegraph line artifacts' (floating horizontal lines) above tree walls, trees, bushes, crowds, marshals etc:

1. Use CSP 'object inspector' to identify the offending DDS
  2. Create a track skin and override the offending DDS
  3. Open the offending DDS in PhotoShop (or your equivalent app of choice) from the skin folder
  4. Create a new layer from the background layer (to make it editable)
  5. Select 'channels'
  6. Make the alpha layer (normally Alpha 1) active
  7. Copy the alpha channel colour
  8. Draw a two-pixel thick horizontal line using this alpha channel colour at the very bottom of the DDS
  9. Save the DDS as [DXT5-ARGB-8 bpp-interpolated alpha] back to the skin folder, overwriting the original
  10. Activate the skin in CM (click it on/off a few times) and hopefully enjoy the fruits of your labour
  11. If faint lines are still visible when out on the track, add another one-pixel line of alpha to the bottom of the DDS directly above the others until the line disappears
Results can vary with a baffling lack of logic at times. For example, at Mont Tremblant, changing the bottom three pixels of the tree wall texture fixed the issue for almost all of the track but I eventually had to change the bottom 30 (thirty!) pixels to solve it at maximum distance. There might be other factors at play here and it might depend on all sorts of graphical/performance parameters, but at least it can be easily fixed.
If anyone knows exactly why these artifacts happen (as opposed to my whisky-fuelled armchair speculation) then please enlighten us - it might make fixing them even easier.

Maybe the weekly races on Arcis? This week they raced TN Clase cars at Santa Cruz. One particularly fun weekly was with Corvette C6R at Road America in heavy rain.
They just don't have enough drivers nowadays, that C6R wet race had 10 drivers on track.
Are these listed in CM online? Its so hard to find cool cars in servers and that sounds fun.

New fortnight, new update. You know the drill.

Tracks listing update :

Red Bold : new and updated tracks from 01/01/2022 --> 14/01/2022
Red : new and upated add-ons from 01/01/2022 --> 14/01/2022

Yellow Bold : new and updated tracks from 15/01/2022 --> TBA
Yellow : new and updated add-ons from 15/01/2022 --> TBA

Nice weekend to everyone and thanks to the modders

ACTL v2.0 by Breathe

Last edited:
What you can do is raise caster. This will raise steering forces at the expense of raising the effects of higher caster. But we have what we have to work with. You can see the caster levels in CM Showroom by selecting suspension.

View attachment 1105814
Hmm nice, I'll try this one out. Although feels weird to modify the suspension's parameter just to get the a harder steering feel without emphasizing any input from the wheel itself. I have my doubts, but I'll check.
So far I've only been playing with the toe and camber, since you can get those from alignment sheets.

I'm not hostile to you. It's just that you don't even know what you are talking about. What I understood was a guy that has never driven the GT2RS saying that the car shouldn't behave like this and that the person that made the physics who drove the REAL car for 50k KM with actual DATA from a Pro Race Team has not a clue on how this car feels should feel like in real life.
You have to ask yourself one question, do you want to store real data within AC's files, or do you want the car to behave like the real one.
I doubt they destroyed their tyres to see how the car behaves when you floor it in 1st gear with your wheels turned, or risked their own lives to perform some manouvers that are way beyond reason. For example how do you test aero grip at 200 kmh other then taking a fast corner at that pace on the absolute limit. If you move through a corner which the car could take at 250, but you're only driving at 230, the behaviour won't be the same.
From record videos, you can see how the car behaves on braking, does the driver need to correct with an opposite lock during braking, does the back step out violently and suddenly, or is it progressive.
Let me give you an example how much detail I go into my physics mod. I search for revving videos and burnout videos to check what Hz the limiter is popping the revs back. I check donut videos to get a very rough idea how the differential works or if I'm lucky enough it is mentioned in a video (savagegeese has some excellent videos for this). I search for the steering ratio and then adjust the LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO to represent the exact same steering input. For example I take the very same corner at the very same speeds on the very same line and see if my steering is turned exactly as the one in the video. When Chris Harris says he can drift the GT2 RS (non-MR version) on the top gear track in 4th gear by going up the gears while drifting, that's a great indicator as to how much grip there is.
I don't know everything in AC, my reply to Beezer215 proves that, but I can spot differences between AC and real life. When I say the grip is too much or the suspension is too bouncy I'm not saying it's a ridiculous difference, just that there is some inconsistency between AC and real life.
Taking the carousel is a really good indicator that the suspension is too bouncy, because I cannot take it as fast as in the record video. While on the other hand I'm 2 seconds faster then Christian Gebhart on Hockenheim (there's a pretty accurate version of hockhenheim, which I can't really remember who made). I mean how do you explain that?

VR Driving

Link:
Top 10 Mods of 2021:
View attachment 1105914
Nice drive by the way..... Could do with some skins, anyone fancy a crack?

Last edited:
So...here's a new episode of the Audi Quattro V8 DTM V2 saga.

View attachment 1105920

• Initially by SwissTony, reworked by NeilB1971, Beezer, and TMW Mods.
  • Physics update by Riky_Sim: AWD2 system, Re-balanced aero, Tyres, Braking and Setup settings
  • Graphics update by Lorelord: fixed LODs and interior shadows plus new VAO
  • Graphic update by me: glass texture replacement via extension

Tested with csp 1.77 and free as a bird.

Have fun and make a lot of noise.
Hi.
Would be possible to add a letter/letters (suffix/prefix) to the name of your mod?
That way would be no need to pass for all the process of creating a new car mod folder, since you are not posting
updated files, but a new car folder.

Thank you.
Always round up. If the length of the race is 100km, the first lap after elapsing 100km must be the last lap of the race.

i.e.

200.gif

Dude, we were not talking about F1.
Have you even read our posts?

Last edited:
ACTK Ford GT40 MKIV v1.0
reworked version based on assettodrive
cut several elements with blender to add new shaders
added function for CSP
physics slightly reworked
AO added to all skins
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1411

custom_showroom_1641981174.jpg

custom_showroom_1641981424.jpg

custom_showroom_1641981522.jpg

custom_showroom_1641982628.jpg

Screenshot_actk_ford_gt40_mk4_spa_14-0-122-11-40-0.jpg

Screenshot_actk_ford_gt40_mk4_spa_14-0-122-11-40-5.jpg
Thanks, very nice updates but the theatrical way the driver reaches for the shifter in Alex's original car has always bothered me in VR and it's the same in your update.
Long story short, after a fruitless search for a better shifting animation I eventually swapped the driver model, adjusted his scale/position, added a new shifting animation and had to edit the kn5 to move the gearstick 'into gear' to better fit his hand position.

1642252321659.png

A few other changes are listed below and it was far simpler to upload the entire car rather than a whole bunch of fragmented add-ons and changes.
It'll install as a new car if you want to compare/contrast with EASY's update.

1642252197344.png

From the UI:
Original car by Assettodrive
Updated by ACTK
Further updates by Mascot, Jan 2022: new driver model/shift animation; new kn5 with gearstick position adjusted; redundant race suits removed and replaced with 1960's kit by config; UI updated; 'sequential' tag removed (the GT40 MkIV is a manual 4-speed); folder size reduced by 110 MB

Edit: download link removed, @__EASY__ 's latest update offers a better solution:

NOTE: Only VR users or 2D users with hands/arms visible might find this updated shifting animation beneficial. Having choice is good, no? To reiterate, this car does not overwrite any previous versions, so try it and keep/discard as you see fit. :)

Last edited:
The race's length is 100 km.

Get a calculator machine and divide 100 by the track length. The result should be the number of laps.
Of course, you might have to round the number of lasps.

If you get 22.2022, round to 22. If get 28.8561, round to 29.

It seems that in 2021 the race regulations had some modifications, due to Covid-19.
So, the race length changed from Km to time.
Race time now is 30 mints with 1 more lap.

First, get the average time per lap at each track (I suggest from the first fastest laps), divide 30 mints for that time, and you'll get the laps (since AC don't have the racing time feature).
If you get 22.2022, round to 22. If you get 28.8561, round to 29.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back