Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,758 comments
[...so far only 72,75,76 are available for the 70s era,...]
1643489227552.png

Many cars missing, but at least it is possible to set a decent starting grid.
1643489516073.png

Hello Everyone.
I need a guidance here if you can help me.
I`m looking for not fictional hillclimb car / tracks.
Do you have any tips for the best of the best ?
Thank you.

I saw a screenshot of some classic Austin Minis racing at Citta di Aria earlier and the Assetto PC envy I felt was tangible.

Ok, thanks for the reply
You may try the F1 1975 mod from Bazza here (all credits to thracing.de):

Tyrrell P34 Physics update (11 April 2020):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/195r5ulyd67mbsp/2020_04_11_F1C75_Tyrrell_P34_Physics_update.zip/file

Note on Installation of the Lotus 72E​

As described above you need the "Assetto Corsa - Dream Pack 3" DLC from steam:
1.Extract folders content and texture to your AC install: …\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\
2. Goto …\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_lotus_72d
3. Copy the following files:
image-20.png

4. Within \cars folder, goto \f1c75_lotus_72e
5. Paste the copied Lotus files there.

Note on Installation of the Ferrari 312T​

You need the original kunos Ferrari 312T install files:

1.Extract folders content and texture to your AC install: …\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\
2. Goto:
..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ ferrari_312t
image-21.png

4. Within \cars folder, goto \f1c75_ferrari_312t
5. Paste the copied Ferrari files there.

You may try the F1 1975 mod from Bazza here (all credits to thracing.de):

Tyrrell P34 Physics update (11 April 2020):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/195r5ulyd67mbsp/2020_04_11_F1C75_Tyrrell_P34_Physics_update.zip/file

Note on Installation of the Lotus 72E​

As described above you need the "Assetto Corsa - Dream Pack 3" DLC from steam:
2. Goto …\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_lotus_72d
image-20.png

4. Within \cars folder, goto \f1c75_lotus_72e
5. Paste the copied Lotus files there.

Note on Installation of the Ferrari 312T​

You need the original kunos Ferrari 312T install files:

2. Goto:
..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ ferrari_312t
image-21.png

4. Within \cars folder, goto \f1c75_ferrari_312t
5. Paste the copied Ferrari files there.

Thanks, but i known this mod. I'm looking for other mods of the 70s. Thanks @Fall Guy :)

wow, we are almost complete for modern era F1 cars. Pre-1980s are more of the rare side, so far only 72,75,76 are available for the 70s era, and only a couple seasons are made for the 50s and 60s.

What's left of the 80s era are 1980, 81, 85, 87, 89
Two seasons remaining for the 90s, 1991, 99
2000-21 Completed

View attachment 1109298

Many cars missing, but at least it is possible to set a decent starting grid.
as i've already been ninja'd to it with 1971, SDD (unfortunately) made the 1971 season.
From what i've known: few of the 50s was made, 1955 and 1958 is two of them
60s: 1967, 1965 i believe are the only full??
70s: 1971, 1975, 1976.
80s: 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985?, 1986, 1988, 1989??
all 90s: 1991 is missing AGS, no lola 1997 for the memes
all 2000s onwards are made.

edit: and 1999 isn't made?

Last edited:
1991 Jaguar XJR15 Race Car

A real race Unicorn here!

Introducing the 1991 Jaguar XJR15 Race Car that featured in the single series, Jaguar Sport Intercontinental Challenge; a three-race competition held throughout the year as a support event for the 1991 Formula One Grand Prix at Monaco, Silverstone, and Spa-Francorchamps.

Featuring all 16 real race liveries for a full grid. (Based on Silverstone round as these differed the most)

Real world figures, gearing, race options etc.

With a small rear-wing, lack of underside aerodynamics as per Group C Regs, lack of driver aids and a big V12 at the rear this has been described by the test drivers as a "real challenge". Fitted with 90's group C tyres designed with endurance in mind, tyre temps also need to be managed effectively. With only a front roll bar the tail can wiggle when pushed and the big cat will bite.

To run the series I recommend the following tracks:

1) 1988 Monaco by Carrera4 and derDumeklemmer,
2) 1988 Silverstone by Carrera4 and @Rainmaker87 or Silverstone 90's by ACTK @__EASY__
3) 1988 Spa by Carrera4 and @Rainmaker87 or 1993 Spa converted by @RMi_wood and @TheRealCeeBee

Being the cars are all evenly matched AI aggression should be set at 50% and above.

Enjoy!

https://www.patreon.com/TMWMods (its Free)

Wanted to add a big thanks to @andrevr @MisterWaffles and @Fanapryde whose feedback helped me finish the car!
Friend of mine was taking a look at your mod and re-worked the materials and plastics on them a bit. Wanted to share with you beforehand incase you were interested in it?

Before
1643498466328.png

After
1643498744733.png

Last edited:
lots of good news

Ive added a couple of the RT choppers with anim and lights. Thanks RT team and @Masscot

A couple of tv screens and the cameras are decent. I may adjust and add 2 more as i dont think i like the current locations.

Working on reverb now and then its going to @KevinK2 for an AI rework that is desperately needed as they crash into 3 of the walls as is.

Little bit more clean up, a few eyes on and the needed edits and it should be ready.
It would be nice if any modern track accessories (like modern wheels-up type choppers), tv screens/tv camera types etc. could be separated into a skin (or some other way), so when we race with '60s - '80s cars, they don't look out of place. eg I race older cars more often than not, so I have gone through several tracks to switch the choppers back to older bubble front jobs.
A less extreme example is my needing to keep two COTA's because one of them identifies heavily with an era (in this case the animated sign Aramco era. Gorgeous for sure, but what if you're racing the early years of COTA? The other version does that).
It just seems that if track creators are planning ahead with their base tracks to have empty placement areas (or very descriptively named, perhaps dimensions in the name?) for later skin makers and object creators to just add the other eras easily. (I know this is being done with ext_configs now, but I'm considering a bigger picture that could extend beyond CM and AC, or at least make it easier) This could apply to trees (growth phases over decades?), curbs types/colors, pitlane equipment and markings, garage equipment, track vehicles... A track vehicle library, with various eras included. Essentially planning the creation to allow easiest ext_config updating of objects and image maps. Naming of objects -with this purpose- would be hugely beneficial. Photoshop type layers of objects?
Perhaps excessive thinking here since most of the tracks are conversions of already designed commercial tracks. But I recall reading/hearing Fat Alfie going through backdating the tv-camera (object) styles to match his track era, and that got me thinking... (AND there's no Daytona 24 stream AND Discovery Velocity is circling the drain so...).
So anyway, I'm about to commence to AC scratch track building (I haven't done since rFactor... I just retired this year) and intend to bring these thoughts to the process. I'll start a thread when I get going...

Think 4D.

Discovery Velocity, you suck.

Does anyone know where to file a bug report for the Custom Shaders Patch? In 0.1.76 I'm getting a ghost of the screen on the wheel of the Kunos Ferrari F2004.

Assetto Corsa 1_28_2022 2_31_19 PM.png

There's no way this should appear as a reflection in the windscreen since the windscreen is entirely in front of the wheel. Worse, when driving the shift lights get duplicated above their true location.

Thanks.

It would be nice if any modern track accessories (like modern wheels-up type choppers), tv screens/tv camera types etc. could be separated into a skin (or some other way), so when we race with '60s - '80s cars, they don't look out of place. eg I race older cars more often than not, so I have gone through several tracks to switch the choppers back to older bubble front jobs.
A less extreme example is my needing to keep two COTA's because one of them identifies heavily with an era (in this case the animated sign Aramco era. Gorgeous for sure, but what if you're racing the early years of COTA? The other version does that).
It just seems that if track creators are planning ahead with their base tracks to have empty placement areas (or very descriptively named, perhaps dimensions in the name?) for later skin makers and object creators to just add the other eras easily. (I know this is being done with ext_configs now, but I'm considering a bigger picture that could extend beyond CM and AC, or at least make it easier) This could apply to trees (growth phases over decades?), curbs types/colors, pitlane equipment and markings, garage equipment, track vehicles... A track vehicle library, with various eras included. Essentially planning the creation to allow easiest ext_config updating of objects and image maps. Naming of objects -with this purpose- would be hugely beneficial. Photoshop type layers of objects?
Perhaps excessive thinking here since most of the tracks are conversions of already designed commercial tracks. But I recall reading/hearing Fat Alfie going through backdating the tv-camera (object) styles to match his track era, and that got me thinking... (AND there's no Daytona 24 stream AND Discovery Velocity is circling the drain so...).
So anyway, I'm about to commence to AC scratch track building (I haven't done since rFactor... I just retired this year) and intend to bring these thoughts to the process. I'll start a thread when I get going...

Think 4D.

Discovery Velocity, you suck.
I thought about that too and you have a good point. My issue in this case was the assets were so immersion breaking it needed to be done.

I think in the case you are pointing out it would be fairly easy to do ( i may be wrong here) by having the different folder setups like they do for different layouts but with old and new assets. when i updated the firetruck etc i realized it wouldnt be great for older cars.

I dont think it would be that hard but we would need some updated "old" assets...
the firetruck and ambulance for the old version were 4 different meshes mapped to different materials.

Last edited:
Trying to understand few thing about LODs generation via CM...

what are the stickers?
is it possible to raise the number of triangles per LOD over the max imposed by CM/Simplygon?
what are the number after the $-prefixed values? do they have a scale or a percentage?

:bowdown:

Trying to understand few thing about LODs generation via CM...

what are the stickers?
is it possible to raise the number of triangles per LOD over the max imposed by CM/Simplygon?
what are the number after the $-prefixed values? do they have a scale or a percentage?

:bowdown:
i literally used default. it worked well which is not to say you shouldnt delve into it.

the only caveat i found was the paint got messed up if it threw the errors for the paint meshes. The cockpit mesh error didnt seemto matter much so far.

Last edited:
i literally used default. it worked well which is not to say you shouldnt delve into it.

the only caveat i found was the paint got messed up if it threw the errors for the paint meshes. The cockpit mesh error didnt seemto matter much so far.
I set the paint mesh and it get from this
__custom_showroom_1643500118.jpg

to this
__custom_showroom_1643500147.jpg

totally beats me. :confused:
the body changes color...not only in the showroom but in race too.

Last edited:
Haven't played RT Daytona for a while, any reason why the track lighting doesn't seem to switch on? Tried checking RT Sebring and that seems to work fine. CSP 1.77 Preview1 currently

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back