Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
Hi,
Was wondering that is there a place to read and learn a little about track skinning for a beginner?
Change grooves, add textures to the road, add and remove objects etc. ? Can i change color/brightness of a texture/material through extension.ini ? Things like that... :)
THX
I dont know how to add objects but hiding objects is fairly straight forward.

Load a track in practice then use freecam with F7 key to fly around and find an object you want to remove.
Open Object Inspector app from the apps taskbar.
Hold alt and click on the object.
Note the name of the mesh and note it down or click the name to copy it to clipboard.
Create a folder called extension in the track folder. Open notepad and save a file as ext_config.ini in the extension folder.
Paste this into the ini file

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES =
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Add name of meshes you select on track to the MESHES line, separated by commas.

Heres an example of removing the footbridge before T2 at Brands Hatch just to show how it works. The bridge (Box020) and the Palmer Sport banner (Box124_KSLAYER1) are two seperate objects.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Box020, Box124_KSLAYER1,
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

acs_2022_03_11_00_14_20_740.pngacs_2022_03_11_00_12_59_349.png

I used this method to hide all the raceday trimmings from Kunos Black Cat County and Highlands about a year ago.

Looking for feedback on another Bremgarten test. No major changes from yesterday, just a few tweaks to test. This version has a little more snow on some rooftops (requested), a new skin to test and a small lighting change to a few materials. The two things i'm most interested in is the skin and lighting.

The new skin (named Trees) takes away some of the blue tint on a few of the tree textures and adds a hint of saturation to all of them. If you could compare the Trees skin with the Trees Original skin and tell me if I went too far on removing the blue tint and saturation increase. Also, if you like the new skin, keep it handy because I won't be able to include it with the official release.

For the material lighting, if you could compare the look with MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT 9, 10 and 20 active and inactive and tell me which is better. With them active, the materials get a little brighter. I possibly went to far on that adjustment.

Bremgarten Test 2

Thanks as always for the feedback.
I like the look of this Trees skin a lot! I tried with the materials active and inactive and I think I like it better with with them inactive. Feels like the trees blend in with the pines and stuff better that way.

One small thing I noticed that I missed last time: Near the "quarry", there are some red flowers (poppies?) and they remain red even during winter.

I like the look of this Trees skin a lot! I tried with the materials active and inactive and I think I like it better with with them inactive. Feels like the trees blend in with the pines and stuff better that way.

One small thing I noticed that I missed last time: Near the "quarry", there are some red flowers (poppies?) and they remain red even during winter.
Thanks again for the test. Yes, I saw the red flowers in winter and i'm not sure I can do anything with them. The same problem happens on my Fonteny update as well. For whatever reason, the red flower won't change to white in the winter no matter what I tried. I will double check it again to make sure I didn't miss something obvious, but I think that's going to have to be the way it is.

And for the record, I prefer those three materials set on inactive as well. I just threw that it in there as a test to see if other people preferred the lighter look so I knew how to have it set on release.

EDIT: I found a way to make it disappear, but I have to ramp up the winter value on the vegetation material pretty high. Problem is, the vegetation material contains more than just that flower. So I can make the flower white and have the other vegetation possibly too white or keep the flower red and everything else more subtle. I'll get an updated test version to you tomorrow and get your opinion on whether you think some things seem too white in the winter with the new value.

Last edited:
Quick question: Looking for good F1 car mods from the 90's and early 2000's. Already have VRC's F310B and the Jordan 191, alongside the FW24. Any potential suggestions?

Load a track in practice then use freecam with F7 key to fly around and find an object you want to remove.
Note the name of the mesh and note it down or click the name to copy it to clipboard.
Create a folder called extension in the track folder. Open notepad and save a file as ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES =
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Heres an example of removing the footbridge before T2 at Brands Hatch just to show how it works. The bridge (Box020) and the Palmer Sport banner (Box124_KSLAYER1) are two seperate objects.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

View attachment 1122418View attachment 1122419

I used this method to hide all the raceday trimmings from Kunos Black Cat County and Highlands about a year ago.

Super cool tip! But I am having problems with the items first being visible for a second or so before then becoming invisible.

Super cool tip! But I am having problems with the items first being visible for a second or so before then becoming invisible.
It's been a while since I did this for an entire track but I do recall having a similar issue. It may be that distant objects are infact different objects (like a lod switch to a lower poly model) with a different mesh name . . . so move the camera to a point where the object is visible from a far and try to alt click on it then add the mesh name to the config file.

Also if you have a whole bunch of the same object you want to remove, say barrier001, barrier002, barrier017 etc
type barrier_? instead to hide all at once.

Bare in mind this hides things but doesn't remove them so an object on the roadside becomes an invisible hazard that you can collide with.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I did this for an entire track but I do recall having a similar issue. It may be that distant objects are infact different objects (like a lod switch to a lower poly model) with a different mesh name . . . so move the camera to a point where the object is visible from a far and try to alt click on it then add the mesh name to the config file.

Also if you have a whole bunch of the same object you want to remove, say barrier001, barrier002, barrier017 etc
type barrier_? instead to hide all at once.

Bare in mind this hides things but doesn't remove them so an object on the roadside becomes an invisible hazard that you can collide with.
Bingo, thanks for the additional tip. Gonna attempt to make a few more tracks more historic.

The Porsche RSR (which after a quick look at the download without AC or CM; I'm at work, it IS) is a mid-engined GTE car. Related, thanks for the link :)
The 911 in ACC is a rear-engined 991.2 derivative. The fizix are very different.
So no, I don't believe it's an ACC conversion. Bonny DOES have GT3s, in both endurance and sprint versions, which are great, but I'm also not certain that they are ACC conversions. They get lumped in a lot of "GT3 ACC conversion" packs tho. Good luck on your quest :)
bm gt3r is indeed an acc convert although a ****** one noone should need anyway since crash porsche exists.
cant have anything in ac community i guess. planned was to redo them one time and release since crash pulled his off but as you say they get handed over like a used tissue, im not going to do that in recent time.

tho currently i put my energy into more public related mods as this beauty:
Screenshot_urd_supra_jt5_2021_rt_fuji_speedway_24-1-122-23-13-5.png

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES =
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

View attachment 1122418View attachment 1122419

Thank you for this detailed info !

You could try another method. Example:
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
FILE = zolder67.kn5
HIDE = crowds_SUB1

Last edited:
Hum, guys, I might have a dilemna for you...

What would you do in my situation : I happen to have a car in my library, a very lovely one that I want to skin (not modify, just skinning), it is probably coming from the once-beloved Assettoland, I'm looking all around the web and can't find a link to dl the car (only an obscure chinese website where I don't find any link to the car), I'm looking to adress the author, same result : nothing. I'd love to do the skins for myself of course, but if the car is really rare to find it is kind of... not worth it for others, you see.

Do I create a new dl link of the car with my skins in it, without touching the car itself, nor the author's name of course, or do I just upload the skins once it's done and let people find the car themselves ?

I know that re-uploading a modder's work is a very touchy subject nowadays, so I prefer to ask for advices before starting to work on it...

Hum, guys, I might have a dilemna for you...

What would you do in my situation : I happen to have a car in my library, a very lovely one that I want to skin (not modify, just skinning), it is probably coming from the once-beloved Assettoland, I'm looking all around the web and can't find a link to dl the car (only an obscure chinese website where I don't find any link to the car), I'm looking to adress the author, same result : nothing. I'd love to do the skins for myself of course, but if the car is really rare to find it is kind of... not worth it for others, you see.

Do I create a new dl link of the car with my skins in it, without touching the car itself, nor the author's name of course, or do I just upload the skins once it's done and let people find the car themselves ?

I know that re-uploading a modder's work is a very touchy subject nowadays, so I prefer to ask for advices before starting to work on it...
You could share details about the mod in question, maybe somebody knows something...

Last edited:
Mates... the new version of my PPFilter-pack is released:

Hey folks. At first let me say that what is still going on in Ukraine is an unbelievable crime against the people. We all must stand together and unite to bring this horror to an end. #peace #fckputin

PureLIFE 1_7.jpg

Today I'm releasing a new update for my filter pack. As the days outside gets longer again i noticed that the vilibility at night could be better so you can race on daytime without closing the shutters at home.

To make this happen with of EVO and EVO GT I reworked the complete brightness and exposure control that pure offers and the result is quite nice I think. The base PureLIFE filter only got some small "tuning" because my goal at this filter -you know- is the clean simple look and te lighting that pure delivers so day is day and night is night.

Please notice: PureLIFE, EVO and EVO GT are made for Peter Boese's upcoming weather simulation PURE and they're only tested with PURE. They maybe run great wit SOL or maybe not. The only filter that's made and optimized for SOL is PureLIFE_for_SOL.

Pure will be released for free when it's done. If you want to get access to the Pure Development Preview (and you should), you can get it here on Patreon and support Peter for his great effort. And again thanks to my PayPalMe-supporters. ☕

Version 1.7
(03/11/2022)

PureLIFE Filter:
• adjusted color

PureLIFE EVO Filter:
• exposure at day and night complete reworked
• way better visibility at night
• glare settings for cockpit and outside view adjusted

PureLIFE EVO GT Filter:
• exposure at day and night complete reworked
• way better visibility at night
• glare settings for cockpit and outside view adjusted

PureLIFE for SOL Filter:
• version number updated

PureLIFE_EVO_GT.ini Pure Config
• no changes

Grab it here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/purelife-ppfilter-pack-for-pure-and-sol.48009/updates

You could share details about the mod in question, maybe somebody knows something...
Opel Kadett Blitz RHD, by Momma Bongos, full name opel_kadett_blitz

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have it here, so that wont really be a problem around. It's more for "outside" GTplanet

Quick question: Looking for good F1 car mods from the 90's and early 2000's. Already have VRC's F310B and the Jordan 191, alongside the FW24. Any potential suggestions?
the ones i have marked for me as 5 star & Fav+ F1 cars from the 90s, are all from ASR (www.asrformula.com):
McLaren MP4/5B (1990)
Ferrari 643 (1991)
Minardi M191 (1991)
Ferrari F92A (1992)
Williams FW16 (1994)
Ferrari 412T2( 1995)
Williams FW19 (1997)

definitly check them out (i believe many of them were free even)

cheers!

Attachments

• 70 Years F1 AC Car and Track Sheet14022022.xlsx
    28.1 KB · Views: 20

<snip>
hi, how to obtain the Object Inspector app ? (it's not in my apps list ... )

Thx!

Pebble Beach Revival v1.0

bgr_00.jpg
bgr_01.jpg
bgr_02.jpg

about:
"The quaint Pebble Beach Revival route hints back to another age (but now with modern safety considerations due to insurance concerns). A place to gather, to meet, to drive and reminisce among the towering redwoods along this tight 3.3km California trail circuit... a delight for all" - m.wood 2022

features:
  • 36 pit/grid
  • CSP advanced features
  • some horses

credits:
  • original 3d modeling by Barcika / @carTOON
  • converted with permission by @RMi_wood
  • grid, misc shaders, semiphores, camera and errata by @shi
  • sections file by @Fanapryde
  • beta testing by @Breathe and others

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back