Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,090 comments
Here's another one, I've tried reinstalling the bm_amg_evo_gt3_2020 and it still does the same, the car comes with this skin by default and when I install new skins it does the same, what gives?

View attachment 1122767

EDIT: Seems like I'm not the only one -

Yes, it has an issue with the showroom.
It's not a skin thing and works fine on track.
If it's about the multiple number plates: there is nothing wrong with showroom and there's nothing 'wrong' with the skins either. The modder has provided different areas for the number plates depending on the series. It is of course a pita when you want your personalized previews.
In game it has only one number plate, but if you want only one plate in showroom and in previews, you need to make a 'preview kn5' that temporarily replaces the car kn5. Can be done in ksEditor.
For this particular car, to get all skins right, you even have to make a couple different kn5 files.
Here's my (screenshot) preview of the Ring Taxi skin with all the extra numberplates removed, thus showing the underlying numberplate. Iirc, this particular preview kn5 is needed for skins #6, 9 and 22, where the numberplate is baked in the skin.

bm_amg_prev.png

Edit: here two preview kn5 files I mentioned.
Backup the original kn5 and replace with one of the two preview kn5, depending on the skin. You need to rename the preview kn5 to the original name: amg_evo.kn5.
Make previews and then replace the preview kn5 with the original kn5.
Download link:
https://sharemods.com/lsd86zgjruma/bm_amg_evo_gt3_previews.zip.html

Needless to say it will only work for this particular car. Other cars from the same modder need different files to achieve the same.

Last edited:
If it's about the multiple number plates: there is nothing wrong with showroom and there's nothing 'wrong' with the skins either. The modder has provided different areas for the number plates depending on the series. It is of course a pita when you want your personalized previews.
In game it has only one number plate, but if you want only one plate in showroom and in previews, you need to make a 'preview kn5' that temporarily replaces the car kn5. Can be done in ksEditor (@delpinsky though me how to do it). For this particular car, to get all skins right, you even have to make a couple different kn5 files.
Here's my (screenshot) preview of the Ring Taxi skin with all the extra numberplates removed, thus showing the underlying numberplate. Iirc, this particular preview kn5 is needed for skins #6, 9 and 22, where the numberplate is baked in the skin.

View attachment 1122813

Backup the original kn5 and replace with one of the two preview kn5, depending on the skin. You need to rename the preview kn5 to the original name: amg_evo.kn5.
Make previews and then replace the preview kn5 with the original kn5 again.

https://mega.nz/file/6PIikBgZ#_lGakYsse_kHOrmptzhrO_s2b6XWiXS7xnd3UgWhibg

Needless to say it will only work for this particular car. Other cars from the same modder need different files to achieve the same.
Finally cured my OCD, thank you so much!

An extremely detailed model of a 330 P4 has been made available for free from here: https://iantic.gumroad.com/l/yzhhr

You can read the story of its creation here: https://80.lv/articles/creating-a-shiny-red-ferrari-in-maya-fusion-360-arnold/

I'm hoping someone picks this up and brings another version of one of my favourite cars into the game.

I'm onboard with the sentiment (the closed roof version is prettier IMO and a bit less draggy) but the Forza version is based on the same original and would be much better optimised for AC in poly terms.

In game it has only one number plate, but if you want only one plate in showroom and in previews, you need to make a 'preview kn5' that temporarily replaces the car kn5. Can be done in ksEditor (@delpinsky though me how to do it). For this particular car, to get all skins right, you even have to make a couple different kn5 files.

View attachment 1122813

Alternatively with CM in Showroom view you can hide all the number plates you dont want by clicking on them until they are highlighted and then hitting alt+H, then take you shot

View attachment 1122813

Dealing with 3220 pages of mods and their wereabouts (in this forum only) is not easy, so thanks. All I've read about this mod is that "it is the one with the bug in the cm showroom".

I love the road track sp237 coste,but it was lacking some visual update.I created an extension and added grassfx and rainfx.
I also edited the ui file adding geotags and author and version.
Credits to the original author.

Feel free to improve it if you like.
I would like to do a skin to update the old blurry textures but its out of my skill level.

That's one beautiful 12Gb Ferrari... Lets bring 30 of them on a grid :scared:
I know nothing of the technical side of modding but I assume like most things, if the source material is top notch, it can be reproduced more cheaply (less data in this instance).

Was going to do an ext_config for the Snetterton 2017 track because the CSP one has next to nothing done to it. It needs grassfx, rainfx and seasonal adjustments. Wanted to make sure it wasn't done already so I don't have to waste my time. Anyone know if it's out there somewhere? Thanks...

Was going to do an ext_config for the Snetterton 2017 track because the CSP one has next to nothing done to it. It needs grassfx, rainfx and seasonal adjustments. Wanted to make sure it wasn't done already so I don't have to waste my time. Anyone know if it's out there somewhere? Thanks...
there are some links in breathe‘s track links which I can‘t open on my tablet right now but I assume @Cozy61 has done at least rain for snetterton2017.

Here's the one I have.

INI:
[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Sliderman, Gunnar333
VERSION = 1.2
DATE_RELEASE = 2020/04/21
NOTES = config for Snetterton

Attachments

• snetterton2017_extension.zip
    460.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I have a config for Snetterton by Sliderman & Gunnar333 (21/04/2020) which contains grass / rain etc...

Tyre generator update: https://mega.nz/file/TplnRaJI#e-mrMif_N1ap9u4hJnR6MkHZIO7akF1o1W1oScJ6j7E

These are custom machines that allow you to use Content Manager's built in tyre generator to get yourself a fresh set of V10 Kunos standard tyres for any car you please. There is a readme included with instructions on how to install. If anyone has any questions then please ask away. I'd previously released something similar but it was missing correct abbreviations and had a few naming oddities and useless generators.

Hello sir, I don't suppose it would be possible to get another load of this tool would it please? I was daft enough to delete it from my downloads folder.

Has anyone tried to drive the crsh_porsche_911_gt3_r_2019_endurance and sprint in rt_sebring? Is it just my setup or is it undrivable? It constantly loses traction accelerating and breaking because it's bumping up and down so much. I've tried the Bayro 4 and it seems to be fine, you still feel the bumps inherent to the track (I guess, never drove it ofc), but you can drive fine. Any tips? I'm a complete noob when it comes to setups, I've tried softening the suspension to no avail, is that worse?

Has anyone tried to drive the crsh_porsche_911_gt3_r_2019_endurance and sprint in rt_sebring? Is it just my setup or is it undrivable? It constantly loses traction accelerating and breaking because it's bumping up and down so much. I've tried the Bayro 4 and it seems to be fine, you still feel the bumps inherent to the track (I guess, never drove it ofc), but you can drive fine. Any tips? I'm a complete noob when it comes to setups, I've tried softening the suspension to no avail, is that worse?
Iirc there was a fix for this a while ago. Haven't looked for it myself atm.

EDIT; this could be one of the fixes ? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13428536

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back