Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
They are there. I will most likely release two mask skins. One that keeps the lush green look and one that adds those hints of burnt out areas. If you know my past work, I tend to make multiple skins because I like to change the look every now and then. One thing I see from your picture, maybe I actually need more saturation in the grass and darker trees.

View attachment 1204026
Excellent, thanks Joe. For sure, I very much know and admire your past work. I can't thank you enough for the improvements you've made to so many favourite tracks.

Sorry if I'm being extra picky about Goodwood but it's hallowed ground for many people :) You're doing wonderful work.

Excellent, thanks Joe. For sure, I very much know and admire your past work. I can't thank you enough for the improvements you've made to so many favourite tracks.

Sorry if I'm being extra picky about Goodwood but it's hallowed ground for many people :) You're doing wonderful work.
Thank you, but now I feel added pressure to get this right.

EDIT: @Arthur Figgis I think you single handedly helped me solve my grass problem. I looked at the picture you posted above and compared it to my own work and noted that my stripes were not contrasted enough. So I went back to try and fix that and found out that i've been messing with the wrong files to try and get the grass were I want it. I needed to be fooling with my diffuse texture. So not only did I get better contrast between stripes, but I think I found a way to get a deeper color for my grass. Needs a bit of tweaking but so much better than the above pic. So thank you for inadvertently helping me.

stripes2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm trying to run a custom championship with DPi cars (rollovers I think) and once I started the championship, the Nissans, Mazdas, and Acuras all pit at least 3 laps in, whereas the Cadillacs never pit. I have fuel consumption turned off completely and it still happens. Anyone know what could be going on? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm trying to run a custom championship with DPi cars (rollovers I think) and once I started the championship, the Nissans, Mazdas, and Acuras all pit at least 3 laps in, whereas the Cadillacs never pit. I have fuel consumption turned off completely and it still happens. Anyone know what could be going on? Thanks.

Sounds like the other cars might be missing a fuel cons .ini file on their data folders. Not every mod has one unfortunately because some modders don’t care about them. Should be a simple fix. Just copy the aforementioned file from the Caddy into the other DPi car’s data folders. (Also unpack and repack them using CM when needed of course)

Then they should all have the same fuel consumption rate. Might not be realistic but if they have the same fuel tank sizes it should at least make the distances they need to travel equal and therefore competitive.

Last edited:
Tracks listing update

New : I added an "Ovals (real)" tab.

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 28/10/2022 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 28/10/2022 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 14/10/2022 --> 27/10/2022
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 14/10/2022 --> 27/10/2022

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

Tracks listing update

New : I added an "Ovals (real)" tab.

Red Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 28/10/2022 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 28/10/2022 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 14/10/2022 --> 27/10/2022
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 14/10/2022 --> 27/10/2022

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

👏 👏 👏 👏

Thank you sir for the time and effort you put into this every month!!
You're a worthy ambassador to the modding community for sure.

👏 👏 👏 👏

Last edited:
La Côté d'Arbroz Rally France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-spain-portugal

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

Attachments

• FR_Valle_Darbroz.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Since it's quiet today, I thought i'd post a little Goodwood progress report for anyone interested.

Still fighting the grass color. Can't seem to find a nice look. Still seems too saturated, too yellow and not dark enough. Problem is if I get it too look good on my filter of choice, it comes out too dark on most other popular filters so i'm not sure what to settle on. I did however play around with the grass masks to try and get a little character in the grass areas. This is sort of what i'm going for, but not so overdone. Looks nice when driving, but from overhead is a bit too patchy.

Also found a way to add some lights without having to add light poles. Didn't see any in the Goodwood pics I looked at so I decided not too add any and just use existing objects as light sources. Needs work, but I think it will work. If someone knows if the real track has light poles, i'll go ahead and add them.

View attachment 1204016

View attachment 1204017
Looking good. It would be nice to have some close up to track replay cameras as all the ones are quite far away. The close up ones are better to see the action when it all goes wrong. Thanks.

Jaguar XJ220S TWR V3.0

Changelog:
-Adjusted and moved the wheels to correct position
-Fixed and redone collider
-Redone AO for the outside and some misc interior parts
-Grilles are now transparent
-Most of the gauges now work (oil,battery,clock,temp) except one
-Added refraction for all of the lights
-Added a 1-6 and R shifter animation
-Added interior lights for the headlights,turn signals,hazard,handbrake,oil,battery and check engine light
for damage.
-Added ambient light for the front outside lights, rear plate and the interior gauges
-Added odometer and renamed the folder to save mileage
-Adjusted torque
-Added csp paint
-Added new street tires
-Brakes adjusted
-Corrected speedo and rpm gauge
-Adjusted flames
-Added rear plates (you can customize them in cm)
-Adjusted wiper animation
-Brake calipers now heat up
-Adjusted F6 and bonnet cams
-Redone lods
Hotfix:
resized driver

Known issues:
Handbrake light flickers when in 1st person in a replay
there are some artifacts in the interior which i wasn't able to fix

Note: In case your PC can't handle the 4K AO i left a KN5 copy with a 2K res AO
Also if you want to reach its max top speed increase the rev limiter to 105 (max) and raise the tire pressure all the way up)

Credits: Dragster666: conversion to AC, Slightly Mad Studios: 3D Model/textures, Turn 10: Turn signal mesh/textures
GIBBONS- Beta testing/Feedback
Feel free to give me critique or feedback if something is wrong with the mod like physics,visual stuff ect.....
View attachment 1114524

Is it down because an update it's comming or you just removed it forever ? :(

Sounds like the other cars might be missing a fuel cons .ini file on their data folders. Not every mod has one unfortunately because some modders don’t care about them. Should be a simple fix. Just copy the aforementioned file from the Caddy into the other DPi car’s data folders. (Also unpack and repack them using CM when needed of course)

Then they should all have the same fuel consumption rate. Might not be realistic but if they have the same fuel tank sizes it should at least make the distances they need to travel equal and therefore competitive.
You were right, this fixed the issue. Thanks!

Goodwood test time. I think I got everything to fit together. Now I need some other eyes that use other filters to look at it and give me their opinions. I'll take any feedback, but i'm mostly interested in texture brightness and saturation and overall color tone (too warm\yellow or too cool\blue). I think things are a tad too saturated, but it could be my filter. For now I only included one skin, the more lush green skin. Please delete any previous extension or skin folder from past test versions.

Goodwood Test 4

I'm already aware of the horribly dark distant tree objects. I'm not knowledgeable enough to fix them, but I am trying to figure out how. If anyone who knows about this track stuff could look at the track's .kn5 file and point me in the right direction on what needs to be done, i'd appreciate it. Also, the track sort of works at night. I started the process of making some objects as light sources, but I didn't take the time to get the light direction finished so don't expect much if you drive it at night.

goodwood.jpg

Last edited:
I might revise my Praga R1 sharkfin add-on in the future for a tweak, something that should be fixed/enhanced of it? I've also noticed that driver position in the cockpit is centered. If you guys are not so stubborn with touching something from kunos, I could do that too, I guess it should be easy to change...

Last edited:
I might revise my Praga R1 sharkfin add-on in the future for a tweak, something that should be fixed/enhanced of it? I've also noticed that driver position in the cockpit is centered. If you guys are not so stubborn with touching something from kunos, I could do that too, I guess it should be easy to change...

This is a little bold but why don’t you just not post it on Racedepartment at all? I don’t think anyone around here is too fussed about modded variants of Kunos cars being posted, and having a version of the R1 with the shark fin as a permanent part of the model and not just something that shows up in-game would be very welcome honestly. Racedepartment just holds you back with these kinds of projects.

Goodwood test time. I think I got everything to fit together. Now I need some other eyes that use other filters to look at it and give me their opinions. I'll take any feedback, but i'm mostly interested in texture brightness and saturation and overall color tone (too warm\yellow or too cool\blue). I think things are a tad too saturated, but it could be my filter. For now I only included one skin, the more lush green skin. Please delete any previous extension or skin folder from past test versions.

Goodwood Test 4

I'm already aware of the horribly dark distant tree objects. I'm not knowledgeable enough to fix them, but I am trying to figure out how. If anyone who knows about this track stuff could look at the track's .kn5 file and point me in the right direction on what needs to be done, i'd appreciate it. Also, the track sort of works at night. I started the process of making some objects as light sources, but I didn't take the time to get the light direction finished so don't expect much if you drive it at night.

View attachment 1204205
Original link updated...

Hate to do this to those that already downloaded this, but it's worth it. A huge THANK YOU to @shi for sending me entries for my ext_config to fix the dark distant trees and overall tree shadows. Since I had to update the mod for the new config, I also added two modified textures to the skin folder. One to fix the weird blue texture on the road (which I don't know how I missed all this time) and one to get rid of some of the yellow flowers in the grass.

To the moderators, sorry for the above post with the two dots. Not sure what happened and couldn't figure out how to delete the post above.

EDIT: Totally optional attachment. Will be in the next update down the road most likely. I added the wheat material to whatever @shi did to the trees to fix the black look of the field. Threw it together quickly so it might not be perfect, but you may like it. The wheat texture goes in the skin folder.

Attachments

• wheat.zip
    432.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hi. Autopolis with 6k 3D trees has been released:

Thank you for posting this.
You guys can check this for creating your tracks with TreesFX.
But atm there is no tool to set them up easy. So i took Excel lists, to copy coordinates of trees. LOL
It was a hell of a work. :crazy:
Ilja is preparing a tutorial atm.

I recreated the look of the Gran Turismo version for this track by watching some
GT screenshots and videos:
i1a301rOf0TWLb.jpg

Big thanks to @Zwiss for his base mod and giving me permission to rename it!
And thanks to @shi for creating the groove line!

More of a coding question than a mod, I suppose:
But, I'm working on modifying some F1 leaderboards/overlays so that it can be used across multiple years (not just 2022).
The bit I'm having trouble working out is modifying this line:

var a = $prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position' + c +'.DriverName.LastNameShort')

The obvious easy way that I'm seeing is to change '.DriverName.LastNameShort' to just be the team name. but I can't work out what the label is supposed to be to use that..

EDIT: Don't want to do a double post, so just updating after a night of experiments...

Did it!
I've changed
var a = $prop('GarySwallowDataPlugin.Leaderboard.Position' + c +'.DriverName.LastNameShort') to
var a = $prop('GameRawData.Car.CarInfo.brand')

And then will just now need to spend the next however long updated the overlay/dashboard on SimHub to add my own images + give each brand a colour. Going to just start doing F1 constructors (and given that, a lot of them may share colours at some stage through history at some stage)

Also, will need to add in a caveat (which I think already exists, but just needs to be modified) for brand = 'Race Sim Studio' to have an override where it will work on the skin name or something.

Last edited:
hi all ,hope everyone is okay ..ive just downloaded the vrc formula alpha 2022 champs file but when i start the first race in bahrain all the cars are off at the first corner ? its bedlam on the track ,Am i doing something wrong here? thanks

Thanks Ken, glad to know you are liking the replay cams 👍... Will be reviewing and updating YT videos with sharemod-links. Unfortunately, it may take a bit more time than expected due to losing many completed works on my last 2TB SSD hard drive (cyclical-data-error) which Samsung is currently reviewing and hopefully fixing it (recovering all data, if possible, that is).
Hi. Just been watching your Oulton Park WIP replay cams there stunning. I hope they look this good in VR. I’m sure they will.
Some times in VR they are further away for some reason. Really interested in these as this is my local track only 20mins away.
Driven the track in a few cars and did a Marshall day there as well. Can’t wait. If you want me to test anything let me know. Awesome work.

hi all ,hope everyone is okay ..ive just downloaded the vrc formula alpha 2022 champs file but when i start the first race in bahrain all the cars are off at the first corner ? its bedlam on the track ,Am i doing something wrong here? thanks
Just tried the VRC and RSS cars with 01_bahrain_gp22 Track - RSS fine - VRC absolute Chaos - Could be an errant VRC file

Check the AI files of both th ecar and track in case they have been corrupted _ Also what track are you using?

Also try turning the New AI behaviour in CSP ( My RSS were acting erracticlly with it on but improved when turned off - Coincidence Maybe?)

Anyone else had this issue with VRC F1 2022?
Screenshot (937).png

Last edited:
hi mate .its the bahrain f1 2022 track

im using the vrc f1 alpha

Check the AI files in case they have been corrupted _ Also what track are you using?
how do i know if they are corrupted? im not an expert lol ,just a new gamer

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back