Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,989 comments
Hi,

first of all my thanks and appreciation for the project. I think we a lot of great vintage and retro stuff but thoe 80s or 90s like here are lacking a bit.

I made a quick race-weekend @jarama09 with the cars above. And i saw a issue with the F40 which is faster than the rest of the field by couple of seconds. Something is wrong with the BOP? (I must add i don`t use CM if this could be related to the issue)
Hi NivekBS,

thanx for your appreciation. The F40 was on paper faster as the 911 Bi-Turbos. It was very light and had 640 bhp in the BPR version. It should have won more races than it did, but it was very unreliable. Competition for the F40 is gonna come with the 964 Turbo S-LM GT and the Venturi 600 LMs. Sadly these cars are not ready yet.

I will do some more races against the F40 to see if it is really still too fast. We could do some more BOP work for the next release. I tested the car mainly on the ACTK Jarama version..... maybe try this out, as it fits really nicely with the cars.

Daniel

This looks like the skin wiremap file has been saved with the main skin dds file - The author will need to adjust resave and upload. Open the main Skin dds file in GIMP/Photoshop to see for yourself if this is the case or is a CM/CSP error - Hope that helps
I have encountered this issue with some skins recently. But strangely the error only showed in CM skin showroom but not in actual race.

Col du Vaumont Rally France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-spain-portugal

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

Attachments

• FR_Col_du_Vaumont.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Hi NivekBS,

thanx for your appreciation. The F40 was on paper faster as the 911 Bi-Turbos. It was very light and had 640 bhp in the BPR version. It should have won more races than it did, but it was very unreliable. Competition for the F40 is gonna come with the 964 Turbo S-LM GT and the Venturi 600 LMs. Sadly these cars are not ready yet.

I will do some more races against the F40 to see if it is really still too fast. We could do some more BOP work for the next release. I tested the car mainly on the ACTK Jarama version..... maybe try this out, as it fits really nicely with the cars.

Daniel
another thing i would like too see are grid presets for the different races.. so they have their actual strenght and so on

Hi Diego, grid presets already come with the race packs. I did not do any BOP within the grid presets, but maybe this is something I should try. At least the presets offer the possibility to restrict performance.

Is there any reason why CSP volume adjustment in the ext_config.ini would work on one part of the sound but not another? I can make the ENGINE_INT sound disappear by setting the volume to zero but not the GEAR_INT or TRANSMISSION sound. :boggled:

Its an original Kunos sound (911GT3 R) that has been moved to a mod in content manager BTW.

Col du Vaumont Rally France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-spain-portugal

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.
hi Bart ,

first of all many thanks for updating these rally tracks! It's appreciated by myself and I'm sure lots of others here.

Would you be able and willing to consider putting 3D trees from now on?
Now that option is there, it would add so much to the immersion i think (esp in VR these 2D ones look like ****)

All the best and thanks for all your contributions here (with or without 3D trees) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 2022 extension will be done on CHQ version.
And if I have time a 2022 extension will be adapted to the ACU hybrid 2020/2021 layout I created last year (better than nothing I guess 😉)
Oh, that will be a hard work, there are many bugs of that mod, worry start/finishing line, worry Drs zone, many building and kerb model bug. I fix some model bugs, but just some

Col De Vignemale Rally France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Attachments

• FR_Col_De_Vignemale.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 10

Attachments

• QQ截图20221114204207.png
    QQ截图20221114204207.png
    2 KB · Views: 7
hi Bart ,

first of all many thanks for updating these rally tracks! It's appreciated by myself and I'm sure lots of others here.

Would you be able and willing to consider putting 3D trees from now on?
Now that option is there, it would add so much to the immersion i think (esp in VR these 2D ones look like ****)

All the best and thanks for all your contributions here (with or without 3D trees) :)

First of all, thank you for your kind words!

Yes, it's a great idea to replace the trees with the new ones, I actually took a look at the new Autopolis track which has been released (great work, what an effort by mike08).
That said, I am no modder, just a "tinkerer" and I must confess, I have no idea yet how to handle all those text files, bins and zips of trees.

So, as long as there is no easier way to implement the new trees in the future, I can just hope somebody with the skills comes along, takes my little extensions and continues the work...

All I would like to see is that those old windy tracks get some improvement, I enjoyed them back in the rfactor days but some just don't look the part anymore.

Cheers anyway and have fun!

Cote de Vallieres Hillclimb France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Attachments

• cote_de_vallieres.zip
    677.5 KB · Views: 8
Does anyone know if there is a good to high quality version of the Panoz Esperante GTR-1? I've downloaded one in the distant past, I can't recall where from and although it serves a purpose it sticks out like a sore thumb when racing along side other cars as the skin looks quite flat, almost a matte paint appearance (which is not the case with those cars). I seen people mentioning AO, is that bad AO on the skin file?

Does anyone know if there is a good to high quality version of the Panoz Esperante GTR-1? I've downloaded one in the distant past, I can't recall where from and although it serves a purpose it sticks out like a sore thumb when racing along side other cars as the skin looks quite flat, almost a matte paint appearance (which is not the case with those cars). I seen people mentioning AO, is that bad AO on the skin file?
Me and a group are updating a Panoz Esperante GTR-1. The visuals aren't the best at the moment, but we overalled the physics.

Col San Martin Rally France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Attachments

• colsanmartin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
2017 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE 1.0 Update

The sexiest GTE ever ! And "Small" Update for this amazing GTE !

Full AO
Add skins (Thanks XaleroZ and MrHunt)
Fixed flames, adding glow and shaking exhaust (Thanks rt3c)
Amazing soundmod by Fabr_123
Add position light
Add CSP features (Carbon PBR, Glass, car reflexion, shive wipers, etc)
Data based on real car
Add flash headlight

Have fun !

preview.jpg

Oreca 07 Update public release !

New version of the Oreca :

Added Skins
New Body AO
Removed carbon nose
Changing pilot position

preview.jpg

Last edited:
Col d'Aiguine Rally France - rain and grass and vao and so on...

So this will be the last of the French tracks from the assettorally site then.
If you miss something then it might be a track I view as "beyond repair".
No disrespect to the original creators, yet a patch of 3d grass can only hide so much.

Attachments

• col_d'aiguine.zip
    812.7 KB · Views: 13
Hmm.
Got this strange saturated Red Bull Ring view. Doesn't matter: stock config (from CM), without any skins or Pyyer's ext's with skins. Anyone else got this too?

Attachments

• hmmmm.png
    hmmmm.png
    303.7 KB · Views: 26
Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE 2017

The sexiest GTE ever !

Full AO
Soundmod
Data based on real car

Have fun !

View attachment 1208232

Oreca 07 Update Early Access for Contributor !

New version of the Oreca :

Added Skins
New Body AO
Removed carbon nose
Changing pilot position

Public release : 18/11/2022

View attachment 1208242
Boy I hope the AM catches the eye of some skin makers who make a few 'racing' skins for it because it is one great car to drive and listen too. That engine sound is awesome. Well done sir...

Attachments

• cars.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 16
Hmm.
Got this strange saturated Red Bull Ring view. Doesn't matter: stock config (from CM), without any skins or Pyyer's ext's with skins. Anyone else got this too?
Yeah, similar here. Happened a few months ago and it's still like that. Just tried again, latest CSP/SOL, checked several PP filters, changed date, seasonal ON and OFF...no dice. Looks pretty bad atm...
bullred.png

Last edited:
Huh, I caught this bug just last week, interesting. Maybe the config from the CM-repository is broken...
It is. If you have seasonal adjustments turned off in CSP WeatherFX, the track will get completely washed out. I might have to take some time tonight and see why.

EDIT: I see why. They have some crazy high numbers for diffuse and ambient for all of the textures. Easy fix if you want to do it yourself. Just go through all of the material adjustments sections for Summer and lower (and I mean really lower) the diffuse and ambient values. I'm playing with the numbers now if you want to wait. I'll make an ext_config for just those things so you can do a little self adjusting without having to mess with the CM config in case you don't like what I settle on.

Too Dark?:
Screenshot_yzd_aston_martin_v8_vantage_gte_ks_red_bull_ring_14-10-122-17-53-34.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back