Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,689 comments
Have you gotten to the point yet where you move a logo one pixel left, test the skin. Move it one pixel right, test again. Put it back where it was and test a third time before you realize that only you would notice the difference. If so, then you probably need a break.
I don't t know if it will have a remedy, since this has been going on for a long time; in Masscot case all you have to do to comprove is take a look at Okutama or Bernese Alps, for instance (assuming MaScot and MaSScot are the same person).

Seems a clear addiction problem of C.S.M.I. (Compulsive Skin Making Incontinence), and there are several of you affected. And what's worse is that it affects people around, like me... My fingers and wrists hurt from typing and moving the mouse to keep all the mods updated...😆

But despite the pain; we love you all, tireless modders... 😍

Last edited:
@Fanapryde @Pyyer Me too the same thing with Pure 0.148, the lights are too bright on the CHQ 0.8 In ext_config.ini (original layout) there are no lines for [LIGHT_SERIES] maybe that's it? in the BAI Zhantang version and so on it's perfect For the CHQ 0.8 version the ext_config.ini file is in an "extension" folder outside the circuit folder and the values [LIGHT_SERIES] 0, 1, 2 .... are not the same what do you think ???
Yes, when moving the config into track extension (which I mostly do) I noticed the differences between CHQ and BAI.
But I didn't take time to try changing values (because I'm not to sure about what does what exactly.
The BAI version works fine for me (and doesn't have flickering / z-fighting on some banners), so I'll stick to that version for now.
Good to know I'm not the only one having lighting issues with this track... (though that would have surprised me since it's the only one causing trouble at night). Also: since you are using PURE, it's not only when using SOL that things go wrong... :)

Aston Martin Racing - LM Mobil-1 Livery (V8SC version)

AMR_05_1.png

AMR_05_2.png

AMR_05_3.png

mod: yzd_aston_martin_v8_vantage_gte
download

Last edited:
Yes, when moving the config into track extension (which I mostly do) I noticed the differences between CHQ and BAI.
But I didn't take time to try changing values (because I'm not to sure about what does what exactly.
The BAI version works fine for me (and doesn't have flickering / z-fighting on some banners), so I'll stick to that version for now.
Good to know I'm not the only one having lighting issues with this track... (though that would have surprised me since it's the only one causing trouble at night). Also: since you are using PURE, it's not only when using SOL that things go wrong... :)
Maybe both version's lights are copied from acu_yasmarina, the lights are well understand csp 1.78 and sol2.2, I didn't test the mod under Pure, I have no the Pure.

Last edited:
I change values "RANGE" in [LIGHT_SERIES_0] to [LIGHT_SERIES_23] (aide avec erentuzci sur le discord Breathe)
If it's too dark in some areas, just increase the values slightly

before :

AVANT.JPG

after :

Screenshot_urd_darche_egt_2021_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_24-10-122-12-25-33.jpg

Delete .txt extension
Just copy this file in the extension folder (external folder Abu Dhabi 2021 track CHQ 0.8 beta) = it's for original track not for Pyyer F1 2022 extension !!!!

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• abu_dhabi_2021_chq.ini.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
2017 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE 1.0 Update
preview.jpg

"Small" Update for this amazing GTE !

- Add skins (Thanks XaleroZ and MrHunt)

- Fixed flames, adding glow and shaking exhaust (Thanks rt3c)

- Add internal windows (Thanks El Lochos)

- Add position light

- Add Wipers

- Add CSP features (Carbon PBR, Glass, car reflexion, shive wipers, etc)

- Add flash headlight

Have fun !

If you want buy me a coffe !

Last edited:
I change values "RANGE" in [LIGHT_SERIES_0] to [LIGHT_SERIES_23] (aide avec erentuzci sur le discord Breathe)
If it's too dark in some areas, just increase the values slightly
.../...
Delete .txt extension
Just copy this file in the extension folder (external folder Abu Dhabi 2021 track CHQ 0.8 beta) = it's for original track not for Pyyer F1 2022 extension !!!!
Much better, thanks.

Hello, maybe someone can help me, I´m trying to add position rear lights using brake light (uses same object), but it doesn´t work in game. I´m on CSP v0.1.80 Preview 1

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_0]
NAME=rear_brake_left, rear_brake_right
CHANNEL=0
COLOR=140,0,0
OFF_COLOR=40,0,0 --------------------->This should work, but don´t work in game
LAG=0.8
LOCATION=REAR
SIMULATE_HEATING=1
CAST_LIGHT=1

Position lights appear in game always on and I can´t turn it off or on with the proper button, brake lights works perfect.
Inside data folder "lights.ini" I don´t have nothing related to brake lights (rear_brake_left, rear_brake_right).
Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Labatlan Rally Stage Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_labatlan.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
On @Pyyer extension of CHQ 0.8 Yas Marina the nuclear exposure is existing as well, at least with some of my filters. Using C13 Camera Obscura for example prevents the image from being too much exposed (I use pure 0148 atm). So it really depends on the pp filter you are using.
I always use SOL_extra filter, but in this case I tried all the ones I have.
None of them solved the issue though.
Using @ClaudioWRC74 's fix did (for the lighting issue). There's still some other issues, but I expect (since it's still v0.8) they will be fixed in updates to come.

I always use SOL_extra filter, but in this case I tried all the ones I have.
None of them solved the issue though.
Using @ClaudioWRC74 's fix did (for the lighting issue). There's still some other issues, but I expect (since it's still v0.8) they will be fixed in updates to come.
What I know is that there has been a hint from a patreon member at Pyyer´s patreon page how to improve the FPS by simply excluding some values out of the existing extension file and Pyyer did exactly that in his own extension then. Don´t know if that is the reason as well. Maybe @Pyyer can comment here since he is the extension expert among us.

Hello
I am doing light extensions on GPK tracks and I would like to know if it is possible to turn on the lights when it rains
I do not find in the conditions a function which allows to know what weather conditions are in progress on the track
Thanks in advance to those who will answer me.:)
Zuno toto
It is possible, but requires a slightly different approach to setting up the lights so that they will work at night and in the rain during the day time.

First you have to set a custom condition somewhere in your config before you define your light series entries like this:

[CONDITION_...]
NAME = CONDITION1
INPUT = 'NIGHT_SMOOTH + RAIN'

Then when you setup your light series entries, your condition name must match your custom condition name.

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
DESCRIPTION = Hillside Object Lights
ACTIVE = 1
CONDITION = CONDITION1
MESHES = roof_004
OFFSET = 0,-1,0
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD = 24
COLOR = 225,175,150,0.05
COLOR_OFF = 0
SPOT = 180
RANGE = 50
FADE_AT = 1000
FADE_SMOOTH = 25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.1
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.15
DIRECTION = 0,-10,0

You can do this for any of the predefined CONDITION values, not just rain. For example, you could base it on Ambient value if you find the tracks lights don't turn on soon enough at dusk. It's a great feature and one no one seems to use it. I've been trying to convert some of my favorite tracks because like you, I like having the lights on in heavy rain. Lot of work though going through all the light code so i've only finished a small handful so far.

Last edited:
I didn't seen any other model of the swift 016A. I only saw in rF1.

But the Elan DP08 is similar, and that is in the Forza Motorsport 5:
And in the rF2:
Thanks for backing up everything else I thought i found. I'll do my planned work based on that.

For the Elan DP02, it seems that there was a few different versions. There was a couple different classes in the IMSA Lites series, and the chassis raced in both. The car that the guys I know have is actually a Star Mazda chassis with the Renesis 13B. The "normal" DP02 had versions of the Mazda MZR engine. I do have a Star Mazda rF1 mod, but just no 3d modeling experience to make it into a DP02.

Attachments

• 306785434_128261296627872_3541589820320110670_n.jpg
    306785434_128261296627872_3541589820320110670_n.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20220918_180115682.jpg
    PXL_20220918_180115682.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 6
They updated the packs now.

Basically one pack with most of their latest offering(Formula NA/Alpha/Prototype), one with all the Formula NA, and one with all their prototypes.

I have most of them at this point so really not that useful to me but for anyone else, pretty decent deal. The cars are great.

They updated the packs now.

Basically one pack with most of their latest offering(Formula NA/Alpha/Prototype), one with all the Formula NA, and one with all their prototypes.

I have most of them at this point so really not that useful to me but for anyone else, pretty decent deal. The cars are great.
How's the alpha compared to RSS's?

It is possible, but requires a slightly different approach to setting up the lights so that they will work at night and in the rain during the day time.

First you have to set a custom condition somewhere in your config before you define your light series entries like this:

[CONDITION_...]
NAME = CONDITION1
INPUT = 'NIGHT_SMOOTH + RAIN'

Then when you setup your light series entries, your condition name must match your custom condition name.

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
DESCRIPTION = Hillside Object Lights
ACTIVE = 1
CONDITION = CONDITION1
MESHES = roof_004
OFFSET = 0,-1,0
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD = 24
COLOR = 225,175,150,0.05
COLOR_OFF = 0
SPOT = 180
RANGE = 50
FADE_AT = 1000
FADE_SMOOTH = 25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.1
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.15
DIRECTION = 0,-10,0

You can do this for any of the predefined CONDITION values, not just rain. For example, you could base it on Ambient value if you find the tracks lights don't turn on soon enough at dusk. It's a great feature and one no one seems to use it. I've been trying to convert some of my favorite tracks because like you, I like having the lights on in heavy rain. Lot of work though going through all the light code so i've only finished a small handful so far.
Thank you for your help
Your solution works very well
Zuno

Thank you for your update of the Oreca 07 and the collection of sooooo many skins (159!!!).

As the ProTyres App didn't work for the car, I checked the tyres.ini and found a bug. It uses references to lut-files for the rear tyres (R_T_H.lut, R_T_M.lut, R_T_S.lut, R_W_H.lut, R_W_M.lut, R_W_S.lut), that do not exist in the data.acd. As the car uses the same tyres for front and rear, I just made a copy of the lut-files for the front tyres (F_T_H.lut, F_T_M.lut, F_T_S.lut, F_W_H.lut, F_W_M.lut, F_W_S.lut) and renamed it to R_T_H.lut and so on. Now the ProTyres App works fine and I can drive faster with the car.
Maybe you can fix this with your next update, as the bug reduces the performance of the car.

Unfortunately, you always need a mesh for the rear light and a mesh for the reflector for refraction, as in real life, with the MK1 there is unfortunately only the trunk lid and no reflector, too bad and the mehes are not separate, which many modders forget.
Sounds like we need a good samaritan to swap rear lights in from one of the other MkI Golfs..?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back