Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 109,926 comments
Belgium
Belgium
@XaleroZ and @jac0

Not sure how to reply to two posts at the same time and I always get yelled at by the mods when I make two consecutive posts, so just wanted to say thanks for these. I'll see if they work better than what I came up with.
You should press the "+Quote" button on each post you want to reply to , instead of using the "Reply" button...
Then down in the clean post window you press "Insert Quotes" , and then you add what you want to reply.
Pretty counter-intuitive if you ask me ;)

PS: don't know if you know this, but you can always grab any carbon (or whatever texture ) you like from any car (except encrypted ones) , via CM Showroom... click on the part of the car that has the texture you like, and then export them using the 3 dots and then export button.

Belgium
Belgium
Paywall yes, but v0.8 from CHQ was improved last weekend by the author and Pyyer itself with the help from the community and runs smooth like silk, also at night.
It runs smoother than before yes, but at night it looks like a nuclear explosion happened (latest SOL/CSP)
ad1.png

ad2.png

Same conditions/settings for the Yas Marina (BAI Zhantang and so on) posted a couple of days ago by @ClaudioWRC74. Looks a bit more like the rest of my tracks:

ym1.png

ym2.png

No idea what causes the overexposion, but even track exposure to minimum in SOL config doesn't help.

Last edited:
United States
United States
You should press the "+Quote" button on each post you want to reply to , instead of using the "Reply" button...
Then down in the clean post window you press "Insert Quotes" , and then you add what you want to reply.
Pretty counter-intuitive if you ask me ;)

PS: don't know if you know this, but you can always grab any carbon (or whatever texture ) you like from any car (except encrypted ones) , via CM Showroom... click on the part of the car that has the texture you like, and then export them using the 3 dots and then export button.
Thanks for the reply info. Never did understand how that's done.

I tried the method you described to get the actual carbon texture, but it was sized all wrong and looked weird on the car. And I never could get the look right even after trying to resize it and make a full carbon image to use. Not real good at the image editing stuff for things like that. I can edit a tree or grass texture, but suck with the car stuff.

Last edited:
Western Sahara
Arrakis
I'd like to use this post to say a general thanks to all the modders who've made good content that has been posted recently. I appreciate your work and would have said thanks, but that means I might have to have put my head above the parapet and risk getting yelled at again. 🤬

Last edited by a moderator:
United States
United States
You can't just go cold turkey with this junk. You need to ween yourself off it slowly.

View attachment 1210217 View attachment 1210218
Have you gotten to the point yet where you move a logo one pixel left, test the skin. Move it one pixel right, test again. Put it back where it was and test a third time before you realize that only you would notice the difference. If so, then you probably need a break.

Ukraine
Ukraine
Have you gotten to the point yet where you move a logo one pixel left, test the skin. Move it one pixel right, test again. Put it back where it was and test a third time before you realize that only you would notice the difference. If so, then you probably need a break.
Now that you mention it, I did find myself editing individual pixels with that Q8 skin...

Canada
Sherbrooke, Québec,
MastrFocus
It runs smoother than before yes, but at night it looks like a nuclear explosion happened (latest SOL/CSP)
View attachment 1210196

View attachment 1210198

Same conditions/settings for the Yas Marina (BAI Zhantang and so on) posted a couple of days ago by @ClaudioWRC74. Looks a bit more like the rest of my tracks:

View attachment 1210201

View attachment 1210202
No idea what causes the overexposion, but even track exposure to minimum in SOL config doesn't help.
CHQ with Pyyer extension and latest CSP & latest Pure, pure PPfilter

Attachments

• Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-55-5.jpg
    Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-55-5.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-54-17.jpg
    Screenshot_holden_monaro_1968_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_23-10-122-21-54-17.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 7
France
France
Hello
I am doing light extensions on GPK tracks and I would like to know if it is possible to turn on the lights when it rains
I do not find in the conditions a function which allows to know what weather conditions are in progress on the track
Thanks in advance to those who will answer me.:)
Zuno toto

Germany
Germany
I would like to know if it is possible to turn on the lights when it rains
It should be possible.

Code:
RAIN: rain intensity, from 0 to 1.

RAIN_WETNESS: returns track wetness (quickly raises to 1 as rain starts).

RAIN_WATER: returns amount of water on a track (slowly rises to track intensity and stays, defines puddles).

Belgium
Belgium
CHQ with Pyyer extension and latest CSP & latest Pure, pure PPfilter

This has been my experience as well.
Edit: The looking good part, I mean.
Thanks for checking. On my side (I reinstalled) it keeps looking nuclear with all filters/possible settings, this while no other of my tracks has lighting issues. So maybe it’s been made for use with Pure only ?
So useless for me. Good thing the other version works.
Anyone using SOL has issues like this ?

France
France
View attachment 1210196

View attachment 1210198

View attachment 1210201

View attachment 1210202
@Fanapryde @Pyyer Me too the same thing with Pure 0.148, the lights are too bright on the CHQ 0.8 In ext_config.ini (original layout) there are no lines for [LIGHT_SERIES] maybe that's it? in the BAI Zhantang version and so on it's perfect For the CHQ 0.8 version the ext_config.ini file is in an "extension" folder outside the circuit folder and the values [LIGHT_SERIES] 0, 1, 2 .... are not the same what do you think ???

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Spain
Spain
I don't t know if it will have a remedy, since this has been going on for a long time; in Masscot case all you have to do to comprove is take a look at Okutama or Bernese Alps, for instance (assuming MaScot and MaSScot are the same person).

Seems a clear addiction problem of C.S.M.I. (Compulsive Skin Making Incontinence), and there are several of you affected. And what's worse is that it affects people around, like me... My fingers and wrists hurt from typing and moving the mouse to keep all the mods updated...😆

But despite the pain; we love you all, tireless modders... 😍

Last edited:
Belgium
Belgium
@Fanapryde @Pyyer Me too the same thing with Pure 0.148, the lights are too bright on the CHQ 0.8 In ext_config.ini (original layout) there are no lines for [LIGHT_SERIES] maybe that's it? in the BAI Zhantang version and so on it's perfect For the CHQ 0.8 version the ext_config.ini file is in an "extension" folder outside the circuit folder and the values [LIGHT_SERIES] 0, 1, 2 .... are not the same what do you think ???
Yes, when moving the config into track extension (which I mostly do) I noticed the differences between CHQ and BAI.
But I didn't take time to try changing values (because I'm not to sure about what does what exactly.
The BAI version works fine for me (and doesn't have flickering / z-fighting on some banners), so I'll stick to that version for now.
Good to know I'm not the only one having lighting issues with this track... (though that would have surprised me since it's the only one causing trouble at night). Also: since you are using PURE, it's not only when using SOL that things go wrong... :)

China
China
Yes, when moving the config into track extension (which I mostly do) I noticed the differences between CHQ and BAI.
But I didn't take time to try changing values (because I'm not to sure about what does what exactly.
The BAI version works fine for me (and doesn't have flickering / z-fighting on some banners), so I'll stick to that version for now.
Good to know I'm not the only one having lighting issues with this track... (though that would have surprised me since it's the only one causing trouble at night). Also: since you are using PURE, it's not only when using SOL that things go wrong... :)
Maybe both version's lights are copied from acu_yasmarina, the lights are well understand csp 1.78 and sol2.2, I didn't test the mod under Pure, I have no the Pure.

Last edited:
France
France
I change values "RANGE" in [LIGHT_SERIES_0] to [LIGHT_SERIES_23] (aide avec erentuzci sur le discord Breathe)
If it's too dark in some areas, just increase the values slightly

before :

AVANT.JPG

after :

Screenshot_urd_darche_egt_2021_abu_dhabi_2021_chq_24-10-122-12-25-33.jpg

Delete .txt extension
Just copy this file in the extension folder (external folder Abu Dhabi 2021 track CHQ 0.8 beta) = it's for original track not for Pyyer F1 2022 extension !!!!

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• abu_dhabi_2021_chq.ini.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
France
France
2017 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE 1.0 Update
preview.jpg

"Small" Update for this amazing GTE !

- Add skins (Thanks XaleroZ and MrHunt)

- Fixed flames, adding glow and shaking exhaust (Thanks rt3c)

- Add internal windows (Thanks El Lochos)

- Add position light

- Add Wipers

- Add CSP features (Carbon PBR, Glass, car reflexion, shive wipers, etc)

- Add flash headlight

Have fun !

If you want buy me a coffe !

Last edited:
Belgium
Belgium
I change values "RANGE" in [LIGHT_SERIES_0] to [LIGHT_SERIES_23] (aide avec erentuzci sur le discord Breathe)
If it's too dark in some areas, just increase the values slightly
.../...
Delete .txt extension
Just copy this file in the extension folder (external folder Abu Dhabi 2021 track CHQ 0.8 beta) = it's for original track not for Pyyer F1 2022 extension !!!!
Much better, thanks.

Spain
Spain
Hello, maybe someone can help me, I´m trying to add position rear lights using brake light (uses same object), but it doesn´t work in game. I´m on CSP v0.1.80 Preview 1

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_0]
NAME=rear_brake_left, rear_brake_right
CHANNEL=0
COLOR=140,0,0
OFF_COLOR=40,0,0 --------------------->This should work, but don´t work in game
LAG=0.8
LOCATION=REAR
SIMULATE_HEATING=1
CAST_LIGHT=1

Position lights appear in game always on and I can´t turn it off or on with the proper button, brake lights works perfect.
Inside data folder "lights.ini" I don´t have nothing related to brake lights (rear_brake_left, rear_brake_right).
Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Germany
Germany
Labatlan Rally Stage Hungary - rain and grass and vao and so on...

Track can be found here: https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb/copia-di-track-1

• You should be able to copy the files straight into you assetto corsa folder as long as you have the track installed. It will ask to override - backup your track if you want to keep the original files.

• If the new grass still won't show check your assetto corsa folder: extension/textures/grass_fx. You should have a "highlands.dds" file in there, otherwise no grassFX.

snap.jpg

Attachments

• hu_labatlan.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Belgium
Belgium
On @Pyyer extension of CHQ 0.8 Yas Marina the nuclear exposure is existing as well, at least with some of my filters. Using C13 Camera Obscura for example prevents the image from being too much exposed (I use pure 0148 atm). So it really depends on the pp filter you are using.
I always use SOL_extra filter, but in this case I tried all the ones I have.
None of them solved the issue though.
Using @ClaudioWRC74 's fix did (for the lighting issue). There's still some other issues, but I expect (since it's still v0.8) they will be fixed in updates to come.

Germany
Germany
I always use SOL_extra filter, but in this case I tried all the ones I have.
None of them solved the issue though.
Using @ClaudioWRC74 's fix did (for the lighting issue). There's still some other issues, but I expect (since it's still v0.8) they will be fixed in updates to come.
What I know is that there has been a hint from a patreon member at Pyyer´s patreon page how to improve the FPS by simply excluding some values out of the existing extension file and Pyyer did exactly that in his own extension then. Don´t know if that is the reason as well. Maybe @Pyyer can comment here since he is the extension expert among us.