Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,750 comments
I can, but you'll have to give me some time. I was hoping to get it right on the stock track first before I had to take the time to add my changes to Pyyer's stuff. That takes a little effort to make sure I don't screw up his mod.

Hello there,

<snip>

One more thing. Since I've done nothing but take, how about I give something back? I came across this rather lovely Maruti-Suzuki 800 mod recently, which is way more fun than it has any right to be: https://www.patreon.com/posts/maruti-suzuki-v2-73346791
1.jpg
bit if warning: this one consumes alot of juice ...
1670439735563.png

but if you have a good videocard, it will still work (and look gorgeously detailed while also heating your room) ;)

o and the sound of this car gives me an instant migraine ??? (just me?) :ouch:

If someone has some time, could you give this little ext_config\track skin a whirl on Mugello and let me know what you think. I'm pretty certain you're going to tell me the trees and grass are too dark because my ppfilter is brighter than most. I'm more interested in if everything fits together. I'll deal with the brightness later. It's an attempt to change the top.dds image to eliminate that horrible looking multicolored grass in the off track areas. Only works on the stock track at the moment, not the Pyyer extension version.

Thanks for any help\feedback...

Mugello mod test
have a look here

Thanks. Looking at those pics, i'm close with what I did. Just need a bit more saturation and brightness in the grass I think. But the trees are a pretty good match.

Thanks so much for taking a look.

I want to add a shaking exhaust in CSP with :

[SHAKING_EXHAUST_...]
MESHES = vw_golf_mk1_kit04_chassis_loda_SUB0
POINT_0 = 0.0,0.170,-1.791
POINT_0_RADIUS = 1
POINT_0_EXP = 1

but, if I understand correctly, it is not separated
View attachment 1214072
and everything is shaken :).

is it possible to change this in a future update
Shouldn't be a problem, don't know how far the model has progressed in the meantime, @Masscot? I have an updated kn5 on my disk.

Could you please make it work with Pyyer´s extension, I would like to test it but only with the 2020 layout he provided.
I tried to add my stuff to Pyyer's and it works except that the grass doesn't turn white in the winter. I don't have the time to figure that out now. Just use my skin for testing purposes. You'll only be missing out on the flag lights and s/f line display board anyways. I'll eventually get the grass problem worked out.

Here's another question: I'm getting a lot of FFB clipping. What would I have to look at to make this less of an issue, without changing FFB settings in-game?
I've had GREAT results using FFBClip:

Had to take a break from my Mugello skin and got to fooling around with this. A true late fall skin. Need to work on the coloring and lighting and i'm not sure how to pull off the tree wall, but it has potential. It actually works great as a winter skin if you set a winter date.

latefall.jpg

winter.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm being honest, the wonky suspension geometry surpasses what I would consider "little things". Same for the Alfa being RWD. Granted, when it comes to creating mods for AC I'm like a fish on dry land but speaking as somebody who is happy if he's able to get in 2-3 hours of sim racing per week, mods like these simply aren't worth my time to be brutally honest and I think it's fair to consider them "low-effort"

If I'm being honest, the wonky suspension geometry surpasses what I would consider "little things". Same for the Alfa being RWD. Granted, when it comes to creating mods for AC I'm like a fish on dry land but speaking as somebody who is happy if he's able to get in 2-3 hours of sim racing per week, mods like these simply aren't worth my time to be brutally honest and I think it's fair to consider them "low-effort".
Nobody forces you to drive the cars, of course they have errors here and there, but which mods are perfect?

I tried to add my stuff to Pyyer's and it works except that the grass doesn't turn white in the winter. I don't have the time to figure that out now. Just use my skin for testing purposes. You'll only be missing out on the flag lights and s/f line display board anyways. I'll eventually get the grass problem worked out.
No problem for me since I don´t use that seasonal crap by CSP. In another note, maybe you could have your magic been put to the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold airfield, that would be a welcome overhaul.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

a question for our physics gurus. I am working on a Porsche 964 Cup car which should realistically ran in between 10 to 20 arcminutes toe out per wheel on the front axle. This would mean a maximum of 2400 arcsecondes or 0.6666° total on the front axle.

If I understood right AC reads not arcsecondes but a distance in [m]. Like shown here: https://suspensionsecrets.co.uk/toe/

Using the toe calculator: https://www.1728.org/toe-out.htm and a wheel diameter of 630 mm I get this result per wheel:

1670488213363.png

This would mean 0.003662 m toe out per wheel or 0.007324 m toe out on the front axle (max). Is it correct to insert this value in the suspensions.ini? Does it need to be entered positive or negative to have toe out (tires pointing outside)?

How does the setup.ini relate to all this? What is shown in the setup, mm or an angle. And what are 200 clicks?

I hope it is not too confusing, but I would like to get it right.

Thanx for your help.

Daniel

Hey everyone, I'm having problems with Legion's Nurburgring Extra layouts, and downloading the fix by Slider666 didn't solve anything.. Basically after the first "chicane" there is this sort of misplaced "grass-on-a-hill"
20221208131732_1.jpg
Anyone knows how to fix this?

1998 Ferrari 333SP - Le Mans skinpack... again. Now for RSS one :D

Enjoy, hope you like it.

Hi! (4).jpg

Hi! (5).jpg

Last edited:
No problem for me since I don´t use that seasonal crap by CSP. In another note, maybe you could have your magic been put to the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold airfield, that would be a welcome overhaul.
Is that the one released back in 2015 or is there a newer version?

I got the SRP mod working, I’m blown away by it. This makes me want to get a VR headset.
Late reply but I've tried it in VR, it can be sluggish at times but otherwise it's truly amazing. Especially when you get traffic mods working on it.

Just throwing this out there to try if you want. True late fall and winter looking trees for Monza. The fall look is a bit iffy (can't get the color right), but they look great for winter driving. Love the sort of brownish\white snow look. Only difference between the two skins is one is darker than the other. I use a custom made VAO so the trees are not as dark as the stock VAO, so I prefer the darker version.

Notes:
-- Don't use a fall date when trying these out. This will turn everything orange. Just use a summer or very early fall date. For winter, go ahead and use any winter date.
-- I'm eventually going to work on flipping the tops so they are wider at the top and thinner in the middle. Right now they kind of look like dead pine trees instead of dead deciduous trees.
-- If you have a skin that alters the trees and other things, make a copy of it and put these files in your copied skin folder. That way you get these fall\winter trees but also any other textures that your skin made changes to.

Monza Fall\Winter trees

monza_fall.jpg

monza_winter.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody forces you to drive the cars, of course they have errors here and there, but which mods are perfect?
Nobody forces people to upload mods that don't even get the most basic "which wheels are responsible for driving the car" facts right, either. It's not like a "perfect is the enemy of the good" situation here, it's modders throwing up halfhearted renditions of cars that would be good to have if they drove like the actual cars at all.

One would argue that getting the driving wheels right is quite integral to a mod. Although if someone wants to make a 4WD or FWD modern F1 car id be interested.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back