Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,789 comments
Do like the dirt version, but only not with this sharp border between “dirt/grass” and “full grass”. Move this sharp border to the fence. After the fence the grass becomes agricultural.
To do that would require knowledge I don't have. I would have to mess with the mesh in Blender to separate those parts so I could assign different material\textures. For now, all I know how to do is assign a different material to the area that was the original solid dirt texture to something that is more a grass\dirt mix. That's why I prefer it being the same material as the regular grass so that you don't see that solid transition line. What you are suggesting requires a real track maker. I'm just not that guy.

Can someone kindly remind me what happens if I uninstall AC from steam, then reinstall, while leaving CM and my Documents files as is? All my content and settings should remain intact, yeah? This is an attempt to resolve that nagging shifter issue I still have.

I've already tried checking for errors, but none were found.. so maybe a reinstall is pointless anyway.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can someone kindly remind me what happens if I uninstall AC from steam, then reinstall, while leaving CM and my Documents files as is? All my content and settings should remain intact, yeah? This is an attempt to resolve that nagging shifter issue I still have.

I've already tried checking for errors, but none were found.. so maybe a reinstall is pointless anyway.

Thanks!
I would make a copy of a couple of folders first if I were you. That way you have backups of any files you might need after your restore.

1.) C:\Users\'yourname'\Documents\Assetto Corsa

2.) C:\Users\'yourname'\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager

3.) You might also consider backing up your assettocorsa folder so you can easily restore any cars or tracks you've downloaded over the years without having to re-download them again.

Tummie555

I'm running Varjo Aero which according to their website has dual miniled displays. @jac0 did it work for you? And which headset do you use?

--> unfortunately didn't do the trick for me (running on Quest2 w Link cable)

Tummie555

I'm running Varjo Aero which according to their website has dual miniled displays. @jac0 did it work for you? And which headset do you use?

--> unfortunately didn't do the trick for me (running on Quest2 w Link cable)
@Masscot Starting to think Oculus runtime is the partypooper... I'm not technical enough to figure this one out. But for me the problem was solved by one click in that checkbox..

I would make a copy of a couple of folders first if I were you. That way you have backups of any files you might need after your restore.

1.) C:\Users\'yourname'\Documents\Assetto Corsa

2.) C:\Users\'yourname'\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager

3.) You might also consider backing up your assettocorsa folder so you can easily restore any cars or tracks you've downloaded over the years without having to re-download them again.
about 3.) just folder "content" it's ok . i did it

Last edited:
New GT6 Convert from DDM team!

So nice to be able to experience this in VR, with "proper" driving physic.

I have read that Costa di Amalfi and Citta di Aria are also available, is that true?

For me, the one I am really waiting for is:
i1Oebtd4lrCaScc.jpg

Last edited:
Sort of a request, but i've been having some fun messing around with the Lemans 1967 track. I did the obvious things already, like adding seasonal changes, but I also got to fooling around with an alternative to that long dirt strip that borders both sides of the road on the long straight. It just looked odd to me not really blending in with the surrounding meshes.

Two ways i'm trying to do it is to either replace the whole dirt area with the regular grass material (that's the way I prefer) or some kind of dirt\grass mix. The dirt\grass mix looks ok, but you still get that hard transition between meshes. When I use the grass material there is just a better transition between those areas.

Also plan to make the flags wave, but there's like 40+ of them so it will take awhile to place them all.

View attachment 1246016
View attachment 1246017
View attachment 1246018
Let me know if you need some references, maybe i have some photos

Tracks listing update

Red Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 07/04/2023 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 07/04/2023 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 17/03/2023 --> 06/04/2023
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 17/03/2023 --> 06/04/2023

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

PS : The icon for the track links disapeared but all the links are always presents. I am busy putting them back but it takes time
I totally missed a LiDAR-based Summit Point ocming out recently - Will try it, should be a great one!

Thank you, I had seen this one, WIP indeed, they have still little work to do.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Città di Aria is in WIP by @370autobus. You can see the progress here:

Last edited:
Città di Aria is in WIP by @370autobus. You can see the progress here:
Doing the AI line for that must have been utterly terrifying...

Here's a tough question for you guys as I've been trying to find one for awhile now. Is there a LHD S2000 for assetto corsa? Or is every single mod RHD?
Since everyone is reviving this 2 year old comment there's also the excellent S2000 CR mod that Kevin Burke just put out with 101Creative:

Last edited:
i'm the only one who have the materials called Hedge-1 that causes overall terrible shadows which are flickering all the time?
It´s imo it´s cause by messed up vertex normals too. RTB seems not to be able to generate right ones, at least not for AC.
I did again, just a really quick try and fixed that wrong vertex normals like on Washington DC from gutbomb, I´ve shown before.
Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_southport__gold_coast_1954_8-3-123-pureCandy.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_southport__gold_coast_1954_8-3-123-pureCandy-2.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of 3.
Does a Sterling Nova for AC exist? Bonus points for Condorman paint scheme.

Attachments

• Barn-Find-1978-Sterling-Nova-Gets-A-Deep-Clean-2.jpg
    Barn-Find-1978-Sterling-Nova-Gets-A-Deep-Clean-2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back