Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,210 comments
Hi modders, another question, very confused here... and I don't seem to be able to find any answers online. I am trying to unwrap UV in 3DS Max so that I can create AO map with CM, but the way how the surfaces were unpeeled seems to have affected the normals of the surface. Please refer to snap shot below, first shot is the a snap shot in CM, showing the creases on the supposed to be smooth surface, the creases are exactly where the seams are for the UV map, which is shown in second snap shot below. Please advise how I can eliminate the creases and maintain the smoothness, thanks a lot in advance!
1681111725334.png

1681111768612.png

I also noticed that this occurs when I use the ksPerPixelMultiMap shader, but does not seem to occur if I use the ksPerPixel shader. Here is my settings:
1681113082650.png

Last edited:
can anyone help. ive moved the pitlane on spa 88 to its gt position. im therefore trying to record a new pitlane ai. ive recorded the file but the ai are speeding in the pits. what did i do wrong?

I'm wondering if anyone could help me out please (aware that there have been lots of requests in this thread). I've just installed the AC Evoluzione mod (BTW, can highly recommend it, but you need a good 3-4 hours to download all of the content), and after getting the GT7 HUD working, I can't seem to get rid of this split time indicator at the bottom. Does anyone know how to get rid, as I've been through all of the dashboard settings, all of the config files, and can't find anything.

ACC dash.png

Last edited:
Hi modders, another question, very confused here... and I don't seem to be able to find any answers online. I am trying to unwrap UV in 3DS Max so that I can create AO map with CM, but the way how the surfaces were unpeeled seems to have affected the normals of the surface. Please refer to snap shot below, first shot is the a snap shot in CM, showing the creases on the supposed to be smooth surface, the creases are exactly where the seams are for the UV map, which is shown in second snap shot below. Please advise how I can eliminate the creases and maintain the smoothness, thanks a lot in advance!
View attachment 1246712
View attachment 1246713
I also noticed that this occurs when I use the ksPerPixelMultiMap shader, but does not seem to occur if I use the ksPerPixel shader. Here is my settings:
View attachment 1246717
Try welding the vertices in that area. I presume you have imported in fbx format which imports vertex normals as per uv mapping. Hence the uv seems highlighted in green.

Hey guys, is there a config file or a fixed version of Chicagoland Speedway around ?

Version I have has a lighting problem...

Assetto Corsa 10-04-23 14_27_42.png

Compared to any other tracks it is very obvious (Charlotte here) :

Content Manager 10-04-23 14_28_23.png

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone could help me out please (aware that there have been lots of requests in this thread). I've just installed the AC Evoluzione mod (BTW, can highly recommend it, but you need a good 3-4 hours to download all of the content), and after getting the GT7 HUD working, I can't seem to get rid of this split time indicator at the bottom. Does anyone know how to get rid, as I've been through all of the dashboard settings, all of the config files, and can't find anything.

View attachment 1246740
F9 will toggle through the different modes and "off" as well.

Autodromo Leydaring from Joaquin Petit Saa updated DaBaeda
Original Author for Rfactor Mauricio Herve
New Trees, Cams,Background, GrassFX and RainFX
Download:

Attachments

• Leydaring_5.jpg
    Leydaring_5.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Leydaring_4.jpg
    Leydaring_4.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 12
  • Leydaring_3.jpg
    Leydaring_3.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Leydaring_2.jpg
    Leydaring_2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Leydaring_1.jpg
    Leydaring_1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 12
Hi guys,

I need your help on a problem I can not solve on my own. There have been complains, that Zofftys Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cup is a very high quality car, but AI is too slow. Testing shows exactly that. The AI really is too slow. A quick solution is to save a setup called ai_default and restart AC. Doing so the AI is very competitive and there behavior would be a good base to do further adjustments in the ai.ini. Here a comparison for the Kunos Imola track.
Without "ai_default" setup:
1681137303862.png
and with "ai_default" setup:
1681137375077.png

The problem is, that it wouldn't be a good solution for all people using the car to save the setup manually all the time. I looked into the directory where the setups are saved and I saw, that there is a folder called "generic" next to all the track specific folders. The problem is, that when I save the same setup I put into the track specific folder into "generic" AI will be slow again. Is there a way to force the AI to use a generic setup specified by me? I know how to tweak the ai.ini but this is not the problem. Thanx for your help. Daniel

Lontime lurker...first time poster
First, thanks to all you guys in the modding community even in this thread who have made this game remain relevant for way longer than anyone thought, lots of mods in this thread that are simply awesome.

I've started to mess around somewhat with modding and wanted to try and improve the scamdream 86 mod by balancing the cars etc, and adding some additional new features. One I was wondering about was wobbling exhaust/wings etc. Although I have the code in damage.ini working in the object inspector, it does not seem to actually work on the car itself, anyone experience this before?
1681138343564.png

Does anybody know where i can find the car and the skin please. thanks

olivier-pla-fra-david-heinemeier-hansson-den-alex-brundle-gbr-oak-racing-morgan-nissan-fia-world-endurance-championship-round-7-saturday-9th-november-2013-shanghai-china-2GCTB98.jpg
Hey, that is the Morgan LMP2 right? You can either buy it from SimDream Development (and when i say buy it, you can find their stuff for free pretty easily as well, since they are known for stealing things from other modders/games and charging for it) , or i´m pretty sure it has been made by some people here on GTPlanet or some other known modders as well, you will have to do a quick search, but it is not hard to find it.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I need your help on a problem I can not solve on my own. There have been complains, that Zofftys Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cup is a very high quality car, but AI is too slow. Testing shows exactly that. The AI really is too slow. A quick solution is to save a setup called ai_default and restart AC. Doing so the AI is very competitive and there behavior would be a good base to do further adjustments in the ai.ini. Here a comparison for the Kunos Imola track.
Without "ai_default" setup: View attachment 1246776and with "ai_default" setup:View attachment 1246777

The problem is, that it wouldn't be a good solution for all people using the car to save the setup manually all the time. I looked into the directory where the setups are saved and I saw, that there is a folder called "generic" next to all the track specific folders. The problem is, that when I save the same setup I put into the track specific folder into "generic" AI will be slow again. Is there a way to force the AI to use a generic setup specified by me? I know how to tweak the ai.ini but this is not the problem. Thanx for your help. Daniel

I add myself to the question, I experienced some similar cases with other cars.

Lontime lurker...first time poster
First, thanks to all you guys in the modding community even in this thread who have made this game remain relevant for way longer than anyone thought, lots of mods in this thread that are simply awesome.

I've started to mess around somewhat with modding and wanted to try and improve the scamdream 86 mod by balancing the cars etc, and adding some additional new features. One I was wondering about was wobbling exhaust/wings etc. Although I have the code in damage.ini working in the object inspector, it does not seem to actually work on the car itself, anyone experience this before?
View attachment 1246780
NVM...figured it out, was not selecting the entire rear wing in the damage.ini, was just selecting the mesh

cheers

Hi guys,

Without "ai_default" setup: View attachment 1246776and with "ai_default" setup:View attachment 1246777

This would leave me to believe that the cars setup may be off. If values in the setup are riding on dimed values to either the left or the right to make up the players car setup, that doesn't work for the AI. The AI uses the cars data minus the setup (unless you give it one like you did here), so it's probably not performing as well on track. That's why it's really not true to just have "grid filler" cars. Not if you want a good race with good behaving AI. The best races in AC come from cars with correct physics, a correct setup file and a correct AI file not just copy and pasted from another car but fine tuned to the car it's in.
I can take a look at it if you want to send it to me.

Try welding the vertices in that area. I presume you have imported in fbx format which imports vertex normals as per uv mapping. Hence the uv seems highlighted in green.
Thanks for your response, the green lines are the seams auto created when I unwrapped and flattened the UV map. Does it mean I need to weld the vertices wherever this happens? That can be a lot of locations! I just tried welding a few of these vertices, same thing is still happening.... I can see that in kseditor as well. Any suggestions to simplify this? Should I import obj or 3ds to make life easier? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back