Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,023 comments
Has anybody seen this error before with eiger. I deleted the track but it still comes up??
Screenshot 2023-04-14 185825.png

Has anyone here tried the "assetto corsa evoluzione" mod? Is it any good?
I've put in around 10-15 into it and it's brilliant. It takes an awful long time to set it up (about 3-4 hours) because there's around 70 tracks and 200 cars to download, and you need to load AC a few times to get it to create the metadata for all of the cars, but once it's going there's a lot to recommend it. History mode is great and it has 5 Daily Events to keep interest going. Also, it can recognise cars which aren't listed in the required downloads section and apply PP values and costs to them.

The one thing I will say is that it's not immediately obvious what to do, and some things aren't explained properly, such as the level required to open up the next set of events, and also needs more kei cars/unique choices/oddments which GT is more famous for.

Has anybody seen this error before with eiger. I deleted the track but it still comes up??
View attachment 1247875

Your UI folder should look like this:
View attachment 1247879

And your CM page should look like this:
View attachment 1247880

It looks like you may have a phantom layout in your install ("short_rare"). You might also try clicking the 'reload' button on the CM page for the track.
Yeah I’d try reloading the track first as samdale said but if that doesn’t work try disabling the RARE app too. Not sure when but one of the recent updates creates a duplicate folder of every layout of every track you drive, not sure the purpose but that could be adding to the confusion/problems.

Yeah I’d try reloading the track first as samdale said but if that doesn’t work try disabling the RARE app too. Not sure when but one of the recent updates creates a duplicate folder of every layout of every track you drive, not sure the purpose but that could be adding to the confusion/problems.
So for some reason the GT7 map hud was the culprit but idk why it suddenly started doing it

And so were the Mirage GR8-Ford
Gul-Mirage 1975 (10 - Jussaud /Schuppan)
(11 - Bell / Ickx)
Grand Touring Cars Inc 1976 (10 - Lafosse / Migault)
(11 - Bell / Schuppan)

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1681533547.png
    __custom_showroom_1681533547.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 10
  • __custom_showroom_1681533565.png
    __custom_showroom_1681533565.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 10
  • __custom_showroom_1681533613.png
    __custom_showroom_1681533613.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1681533630.png
    __custom_showroom_1681533630.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 9
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 9
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 11
  • __custom_showroom_1681530602.png
    __custom_showroom_1681530602.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 9
  • __custom_showroom_1681530621.png
    __custom_showroom_1681530621.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
  • __custom_showroom_1681530704.png
    __custom_showroom_1681530704.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 4
  • __custom_showroom_1681530722.png
    __custom_showroom_1681530722.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 5
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 9
Guys could you help me, please :)
I've got error while i'm opening Assetto Corsa throught Content Manager
1681545437198.png

I've verified files via steam, removed msvcr100.dll, reinstalled Visual Redistributable C++, downloaded python33.dll and paste it to assettocorsa/system/x64

edit:
Nervermid. Problem was with Malwarebytes (antivirus) update. Program removed some files from AC.

Last edited:
Renault Sport Clio V6 Phase I Release!!

Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/renault-sport-v6-78458666

Converted From Gran Turismo 6 By Peter Crill,3D help By Norms
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics by Jandrovi physics
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Working Wipers
-Self Ligth
-Paint colors and pbr by walkinginmyshoes87
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@takum1,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1247815View attachment 1247816View attachment 1247817View attachment 1247818View attachment 1247819View attachment 1247820View attachment 1247821View attachment 1247822View attachment 1247823
Redownload from the same link. An issue with side mirror LODs has just been fixed.

Redownload from the same link. An issue with side mirror LODs has just been fixed.
could there be an issue with the rainfx?

i see "flashing" off rain textures - only on this car , not on others... w flashing i mean they alternate between black and white (can't take movie clip in VR - otherwise i'd show what i mean... hope it's clear from description)

Calder Park Raceway v1.01

Welcome to Calder Park Raceway! Presenting the 2.5km "National Circuit"

The Calder Park Raceway circuit hosted many events including the V8 Supercars (formerly the Australian Touring Car Championship)
and other motor racing events held at Calder Park, near Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The event was held 25 times between 1969 and 2001.

View attachment 1007799 View attachment 1007800 View attachment 1007802

features:
  • 30 pit/grid
  • CSP GrassFx, RainFx, VAO
  • ambient night lighting
  • realistic TV cams based on real footage and track positions
  • moveable cones
  • extra track info inside "_info" folder
  • lots of fun!

credit:
- "Ryan Callan" aka "Redhawk" for the track origin
(I tried to contact via Skype, no other info known)

- RMi Calder Park conversion team
@RMi_wood - main conversion
@shi - pits/grid, new road mesh, horizon, shaders, rainfx, AI, camera
@racealot - track-lighting, AI, TV cameras, research
@Fanapryde - corner section names, loading logo
thank you team!

:: DOWNLOAD - Race Department ::
:: DOWNLOAD - mirror::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.01 ::
Calder Park Raceway v1.01

1681563325183.jpeg

changelog v1.01
  • powerlines fix by @slider666 and @Masscot
  • normal maps added to walls and kerbs
  • ambulance windows are now transparent
  • grass friction normalized
  • sand now has proper friction
  • loading screens added
  • CSP skidmark added

:: DOWNLOAD v1.01 - Race Department ::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.01 ::

Last edited:
Renault Sport Clio V6 Phase I Release!!

Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/renault-sport-v6-78458666

Converted From Gran Turismo 6 By Peter Crill,3D help By Norms
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Physics by Jandrovi physics
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Working Wipers
-Self Ligth
-Paint colors and pbr by walkinginmyshoes87
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@takum1,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1247815View attachment 1247816View attachment 1247817View attachment 1247818View attachment 1247819View attachment 1247820View attachment 1247821View attachment 1247822View attachment 1247823
Do you have any plans for Megane II? I'm trying to find one.

EIGER NORDWAND by Esprit3905

is it possible to add a 100% alphalt layout for the K Trail 7.2 km ?

View attachment 1248034

View attachment 1248035
Go into surfaces for each layout, anything that says IS_VALID_TRACK=1 make sure damping is at 0 and dirt additive is at 0. This is what I did to mine to make it drive more like GT6. Now you won't bog down in the dirt and it won't accumulate on your tires. Downside is it won't make a dust trail but that's not that big of an issue. You'll still get less grip on the dirt due to friction level.

image.png

Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v1.03

This is my take on the le_grand_circuit_1967 track done by Terra21 and updated by WooChoo and Virtua_LM. All credit for the track goes to those guys. I simply added some CSP features and altered a few textures\meshes to give it a look I prefer. It is a standalone track so as not to mess with the original and will come up as Le Mans 1967 in your track list. If you have a preferred ai you use with the original track, just copy it over to this version if you decide to use this. I'm not sure which ai version the track currently has right now because I was swapping out different versions.

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.
-- Animated CSP smoke in the fall and winter.

-- Added an alternate terrain folder that might be worth trying. It changes the look of the areas along Mulsanne Straight. Basically, it makes them a little darker and a little browner. Personally, I like it better because it doesn't look so bright. To try it, copy the contents of the Alternate_Terrain folder to the main track directory and overwrite when it asks. Might be smart to make a backup of the files that get replaced so you can revert back if you don't like the new look.

-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them. It doesn't bother me, but if it does for you, just enable the Original Trees track skin.
-- The Green Grass track skin does just what it says. Makes the grass look greener. Nice for a spring race.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from RD that I use at times.

-- If you find the ambient feel is a bit dark, you can go to the track's extension folder and rename the ext_config_lighter file to ext_config. It's not a drastic increase in brightness but enough to make a difference. It's actually the one I use.

lemans67_2.jpg

lemans67_4.jpg

Last edited:
When using the Lotus 98T by Kunos how do you or should you use the turbo I keep blowing up the engine within about 10 laps. Is it only used for overtakes ? or up the pressure on the straights ? what pressure should I use for normal racing ?

Regards

Mark

Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v0.98

This is my take on the le_grand_circuit_1967 track done by Terra21 and updated by WooChoo and Virtua_LM. All credit for the track goes to those guys. I simply added some CSP features and altered a few textures\meshes to give it a look I prefer. It is a standalone track so as not to mess with the original and will come up as Le Mans 1967 in your track list. If you have a preferred ai you use with the original track, just copy it over to this version if you decide to use this. I'm not sure which ai version the track currently has right now because I was swapping out different versions.

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.

-- Slightly altered grass textures to fit my eye better. Three versions for this you can try if you want with a simple ext_config edit. Towards the bottom of the config is a section named Grass Look. There are two [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...] sections for the GRASS_A_MUD material that you can set Active or Inactive to slightly change the look. If you set them both to ACTIVE=0, the grass will be much greener and more saturated. The two alternatives give a progrssively more brown tint. I like having the second one set active, which is how it is by default. You can monkey around with the ambient and diffuse values to get a brightness you prefer.

-- Reworked sand areas to give them some character and elminate the monotonous look. I took some creative liberties with this so it's not 100% accurate to the real track at that time. There are two ways you can have the sand areas look on the Mulsanne Straight. By default it has more green grass than it probalby should, but it helps to break up the look. The second way has less grass and more of a brown tint. To enable the alternate version, open up the models.ini file and in the [MODEL_2] section, change the line that reads FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain.kn5 to FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain2.kn5.

-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them. It doesn't bother me, but if it does for you, just disable the Trees track skin.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from RD that I use at times. As mentioned, the Trees track skin can be disabled as well, but always leave the Terrain skin enabled.

View attachment 1248085
View attachment 1248086
Screenshot_legion_porsche_917k_70_rj_lemans_1967_15-3-123-17-33-4.jpg

Hi racinjoe

Slight problem not sire what it is but as I enter the long straight track looks like this for a couple of hundred yards then goes back to normal. Are you aware ? Fix ? This problem is not on the original track. I'm running 0.1.80 preview 115 and pure if that helps.

Regards

Mark

anyone else had issue (and found a solution) on Eiger short track, for the yellow lines on the road and in the pits being weird looking in VR ?
Its mesh sm_146 ( Material #4110 ) ...

Last edited:
When using the Lotus 98T by Kunos how do you or should you use the turbo I keep blowing up the engine within about 10 laps. Is it only used for overtakes ? or up the pressure on the straights ? what pressure should I use for normal racing ?

Regards

Mark

View attachment 1248095
Hi racinjoe

Slight problem not sire what it is but as I enter the long straight track looks like this for a couple of hundred yards then goes back to normal. Are you aware ? Fix ? This problem is not on the original track. I'm running 0.1.80 preview 115 and pure if that helps.

Regards

Mark
A tester mentioned the same problem and I could never reproduce it on my end to try and figure it out. I have no idea what's causing it and why I don't see it, but unfortunately, I can't help. Maybe someone with more knowledge than I have will see the same problem on their end and let me know what I did wrong.

Last edited:
Le Mans 1967

Le Mans 1967 v0.98

Additions:

-- Seasonal changes.
-- Animated flags.

-- Slightly altered grass textures to fit my eye better. Three versions for this you can try if you want with a simple ext_config edit. Towards the bottom of the config is a section named Grass Look. There are two [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...] sections for the GRASS_A_MUD material that you can set Active or Inactive to slightly change the look. If you set them both to ACTIVE=0, the grass will be much greener and more saturated. The two alternatives give a progrssively more brown tint. I like having the second one set active, which is how it is by default. You can monkey around with the ambient and diffuse values to get a brightness you prefer.

-- Reworked sand areas to give them some character and elminate the monotonous look. I took some creative liberties with this so it's not 100% accurate to the real track at that time. There are two ways you can have the sand areas look on the Mulsanne Straight. By default it has more green grass than it probalby should, but it helps to break up the look. The second way has less grass and more of a brown tint. To enable the alternate version, open up the models.ini file and in the [MODEL_2] section, change the line that reads FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain.kn5 to FILE=le_grand_circuit_1967_terrain2.kn5.

-- New pine trees texture. This one has some faults because the trunks don't quite line up with the uv mapping correctly. The original pine tree texture had slightly curved trunks. Mine doesn't so you can see some double trunks in spots if you are really looking for them. It doesn't bother me, but if it does for you, just disable the Trees track skin.
-- The Misc track skin doesn't need to be enabled. It's a skin created by Instevs36 that I got from RD that I use at times. As mentioned, the Trees track skin can be disabled as well, but always leave the Terrain skin enabled.

View attachment 1248085
View attachment 1248086
Merci (Thanks) from Le Mans

btw has anyone infos on Ilja ? its been nearly 5 Months since his latest preview...
He has 32k a month to spend, you really think he wants to be sat at a computer messing with AC like us saddos!
(just a joke before some get triggered)

Lets be fair and average the last 5 months to say 25k.
He's made 125,000 pounds in that period.
There is no sign that anyone is going to be bothered by it, so more and more will keep paying.
I still am only comfortable with preview 177 rain fx so i stopped paying before xmas.
I still have the latest one though because easy to find.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back