Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

They released a new developer update, nothing too surprising apart from a 4th part to the USA pack but still a nice status update on the various content that's coming.

I'm curious to see what the new Formula Ultimate is like and another Brazilian track is always welcome even if it is an airport track.

From what I could find this is the layout, doesn't seem like much but it could be decent with lower powered cars.

mapa-geral1.jpg

The new update is available in beta form.

The new track is surprisingly enjoyable for how simple it is, although the location of the start/finish line in relation to the pits takes some getting used to. I feel my earlier thoughts were pretty spot on as it feels like a great track for shorter races in lower powered cars.

This title deserves more churn. I guess it's due to the fact that it is not modable. But man, does this beats other titles in terms of physics, graphics, and vintage content.

List of Automobilista 2 Cars with Updated Tire Model

Tire Updates = 🤩

Automobilista 2 | 2022 Stock Car Pro Series | Toyota Corolla Stock Car @ Interlagos

probably going to pull the trigger on this today - unfortunately i can't get my daily fix on GT7 like i could on GTS - any tips for a newcomer?

my g29 is already (somewhat) set up on the PC, after failing to get into assetto corsa a few years ago... anything else i should know? i'm hoping the career mode is interesting enough to keep me occupied while i figure out the physics, etc.

probably going to pull the trigger on this today - unfortunately i can't get my daily fix on GT7 like i could on GTS - any tips for a newcomer?

my g29 is already (somewhat) set up on the PC, after failing to get into assetto corsa a few years ago... anything else i should know? i'm hoping the career mode is interesting enough to keep me occupied while i figure out the physics, etc.
The tip is have fun. GT7 isn't even in the same stratosphere as AMS2. There isn't a career mode though (yet, they said once development is done they'll work on it). However you can make all the Championships you want and multi class racing is great. AMS2 has some really good AI so you can race them and it's challenging fun, unlike GT7.

The tip is have fun.

I can dig that! Even if there isn’t a career mode yet, I’m fine with that. The developer interaction on top of what seems to be a very good sim makes it worthwhile. I actually enjoy putting in random laps, trying to get better at courses, but there’s just so much wrong with GT7 that I’m not sure it’ll match what I got in Sport. The way the best times in the world are achieved in GT7 can be pretty absurd, and if I’ve got this wheel I’d rather spend time trying to, ya know, actually become a better race car driver.

The immersion in AMS2 is just about second to none. It looks beautiful, the physics are amazing with what Reiza is achieving.
I can't see you being let down by it. I have races against AI that are just as exhilarating as racing against people. Plus we have a small group of people making wonderful mods for AMS2 which can expand on the content.

Picked up a Reverb G2. Took quite a bit of trial and error with settings but finally got the frame rate locked at 90 fps (day time racing anyway). Still can’t get a stable frame rate racing at night or in the rain. Not really too bothered by that to be honest though.

FYI here is the forum thread with the continuously updated list of cars with the new tyre model. (The OP is quickly updated for each update).

Latest Posts

Back