Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

I'm very happy to see we are getting Gateway as part of the oval pack, part of me was expecting to just get the obvious ones like Daytona and Indianapolis (granted I'm still expecting them). Other tracks that would be nice to see are Charlotte, Bristol, Iowa and either Fontana or Michigan so we get a good variety. Pretty much though the only track I would hate to see is Texas.

Not sure what to expect from the vehicle side of things, but based on their open wheel focus hopefully one of the additions is a Dallara IR18 (even if it is fictional). A '22 NASCAR stock car would be cool to see as well since the new car is far more suited for road courses.

Everytime an update comes for AMS2 I hope we get new cars and the mentioned historic tracks for Spa and Nurnburgring.

I know it will come a some point later this year :)

Even before the patch AMS2 was my favourite sim. The physics combined with the excellent graphis make it an very nice experience everytime.

After 2 to 3 months of not spending that much time on sim racing. I believe that I will start to focus on AMS2 and PC2 will take a back seat for awhile. Will miss a lot of the cars in PC2, however the overall experience in AMS2 is now really good.

Been a good race weekend so far. AMS2 has really come along way this year. Put in a good couple of hours of racing, including one or two online. Not missing PC2 anymore. Really though up until recently with AMS2 on my gaming lap top. With guess my battery settings, when playing AMS2 for just a little while would always cause my lap top to stop being on power and run off battery. Which was bad because AMS2 would not run very good at all on battery. Anyways now that I have that fixed can really enjoy the game.

Last edited:
The July update isn't happening and is instead getting lumped together with the August one. We'll still get a dev. update some time in the coming week.

Porch Cup Car class is good and would recommend to those new/learning the game or perhaps relative new to sim racing.

Been trying out a few tracks that have not really done before. Found a few that will do more often.

I do wish that there was an option to have fuel load default to length of race or maybe full tank. From time to time forget to check that and run out of fuel before race is over. It is nice though that there are a few key settings (aka fuel being one of them) that you can change without going into the full set-up menu.

Still have not figured out how to exit out of replay menu without using mouse or keyboard. I would also like the replay menu to default to track view, and hide all menu items when you first click replay. I think the watch me or whatever the icon is called is pointless. Maybe it would be useful watch replay of online race (not sure).

Also when just using the wheel itself. I have set to use square to choose livery selection. After that though not sure how to map use selected.
Prefere to just use the wheel and its buttons for everything or as much as possible. I mainly do 15 lap or less races and currently do not really use and buttons to change car settings while racing. Do not really use the formula cars that much so do not even have drs mapped.

Speaking of replay, would be great if the replay could cycle through cars automatically or focus in on the group of cars that havd the most battles (like tv coverage).

There is so much good news in that post it almost makes you not notice Indy isn't one of the tracks. Hopefully it will be included in part 4 of the U.S. pack.

As for the update itself, I love seeing the IR-18 being added to the game along with proper configurations for the older cars and Fontana and Gateway are good selections for ovals. The ability to select the number of cars in each class is also a very welcome feature.

Reiza may not be great at releasing updates on time, but when they do finally release them they certainly make up for the missed deadlines.

Properly gotten back into this game since they announced this pack and I'm a massive fan of ovals. Fontana is a personal favourite and love how they've gotten a version of the IR-18 in-game too. People are already planning to do a skin pack for the current IndyCar season so that will help. Not driven Gateway in a game yet so looking forward to that.

Interesting update on the Formula USA 2022 from Renato himself. Not necessarily bad but the Formula USA 2022 is on hold for the moment.

An update on the Dev Update, some edits that we´ve just made and the release of Racin´ USA Pt3 folks - we have had an old conversation with Indycar reignited in recent days, and with it the prospects of having official licenses for their IP in the future. Until these conversations are concluded however and irrespective of what the end result is, it is only appropriate for us to remove any reference to the Formula USA 2022 and review our plans for Racin´ USA Pt3 accordingly.

We´re still deciding how Racin´ USA Pt3 release (which was scheduled for this weekend) will be impacted - there could be a partial release without this one car, or everything may be put on hold for a couple more weeks until we have everything worked out and the pack potentially expanded - we´ll let you know as soon as we do.

Either way, the release of V1.4 and everything else in it won´t be impacted, with plans going ahead for a release this weekend
:)

Last edited:
As long as they still plan on including the oval stuff itself I’m fine with waiting for the current car.

Potential licensed Indy car?

That doesn't bode well for Motorsport Game's supposed exclusive license with Indy Car.

It could be similar to the NASCAR license where they only have exclusive rights to dedicated games (I’m not sure if this has changed since the buyout to be fair).

Potential licensed Indy car?

That doesn't bode well for Motorsport Game's supposed exclusive license with Indy Car.
It's a fake Indycar called Formula USA 2022 like Formula Ultimate 2022 or like Formula Reiza 2013 that it's a fake RedBull RB9.

Last edited:
It's a fake Indycar called Formula USA 2022 like Formula Ultimate 2022 or like Formula Reiza 2013 that it's a fake RedBull RB9.

They’ve entered talks to have the series officially in the game similar to PC2 and Forza. As a result they are holding off on releasing the fictional car to avoid any issues.

If you actually read the post you will see that may change, which is the reason behind the delay.

It's called the Formula US 2022 because they don't have a licence for it, the post from them reads...

"we have had an old conversation with Indycar reignited in recent days, and with it the prospects of having official licenses for their IP in the future"

...which suggest that they may get a licence for it allowing the car to carry the licecned name.

The update currently includes 2022 Spa, Fontana, Gateway and oval specs for the 1995, 1998 and 2000 IndyCar/CART cars. Also opens up the Daytona oval.

As well as mechanical failures.

After playing this sim exclusively for the past few months, I decided to go back and try out GT7 again. It was my first time testing the DD1 on GT7 since upgrading from a DD Pro also.

The FFB in GT7 is completely abysmal (what's even there). I honestly don't think I'll ever even play it again after that. The FFB/driving in AMS2 is so engaging that everything just feels lifeless and numb in GT7.

Anyone find the handling/steering overly sensitive/twitchy in AMS2 compared to pretty much anything else, like AC/ACC for example? Whatever I drive I have to recalibrate my brain. Cars just turn much easier and abruptly to the point that for the most part it feels unrealistic comparatively. Settings seem fine. Wheel lines up on screen and settings are authentic. Default setups

Have you tried lowering the steering lock down to keep the steering from being too quick? For example, in GT3's, try 18 instead of 20. More play in the wheel and ability to be more precise.

Have you tried lowering the steering lock down to keep the steering from being too quick? For example, in GT3's, try 18 instead of 20. More play in the wheel and ability to be more precise.
No. Would that be an unrealistic adjustment to make? I didn't want to alter anything to take away authenticity. I didn't want to do anything that I would have to customize per car either. I could try it, but first I was just trying to see what somebody else's take was on it.

Not unrealistic at all. I think one thing AMS2 does that might differ from other sims is that it allows you to over drive a car with a more minimal punishment and an easier controllable slip angle. I found in AMS2 I was overdriving the cars and therefore losing time. In other sims it's just bang the throttle after every corner whereas AMS2 has more of an ease in approach or the car likes to slide the rear end. In comparison, say AC, it may feel a bit more planted but once you lose that slip angle, the punishment is more severe. You're going around.
I still think some cars are still too slidey but at least they're fixing them and some are really good to drive as of now.

Oh jeez, there's a lot. However, I like the Stock Cars, it's their baby. A good example of how slamming the throttle after the corner will get the rear to step out but a gradual ease in will actually be faster. I had a good time with the AMG GT3 last night, very easy to drive.
There really is a lot of goodness in here though. I had the best time I've ever had with the Formula Vintage Gen 2 cars now that they redid them. So many decisions. I like all the Cart cars as well but they have to fix a couple bugs that popped up I was reading about.

Okay, will experiment. Thanks. What are some good cars to try that drive the best? Maybe I haven't driven any of those.
I would say mini sprint car, porche cup car, the faster stock cars, GT4, GT3, GTE. The GTE BMW absoultely rocks. GT1 cars. I am mainly just running a few tracks over and over. Usually do 8 laps. Start mid pack or last with A.I.
M
Will admitt often times restart race, as push to hard and not much forgiveness - like real racing would be. Miss braking point by just ever so little and run to wide off the track - race over. Some times to hot thru the corner sliding up the track and clip the A.I stuff like that.

When you have the car set-up for how you drive, especially the braking. The game is out standing. For the most part the only one that will be racing (not playing lol).

I've done two slightly longer races on AMS2 since the big update and I immensely enjoyed both of them. I drove the 60's F1 cars (the pre-aero ones) at Kyalami for a 30 minute race and also tried the 95 Champ Cars at Gateway for 50 laps....

I was really impressed with the AI overall, though at Gateway they were still a little bit wonky at times. Not to the degree that I couldn't enjoy the race, far from it, but sometimes you'd get those random super-aggressive sends from them that are just unrealistic. Ovals are new though so even with that I'm very happy with it. At Kyalami the F1 cars were very well-behaved and other than that fast left hander before Sunset where they're a bit too slow compared to what I could do, at 100% they're on the pace and do everything you'd expect them to do.

Both cars (the V12 version of the Formula Vintage and the '95 Lola-Ford) still had that slight floaty quality to them at the front end. I hadn't made any setup changes so I'm hoping it's more that the default setups are just 'safe' ones that have a bit of understeer in them. The 60's car was very malleable on the throttle though and that always helps overcome some of the understeer.

The FFB is still fantastic and probably my favourite single feature of the game compared to others. It's just so engaging and alive! I still need to tweak it to be just right for me on my CSL Elite but finding the sweet spot shouldn't be difficult as the baseline is already so good. You feel that you're getting into the tyres properly when the car is loaded up.

Back