Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

I can imagine that's like searching for a Unicorn. lol
Unicorn here lol.

It's fine, as far as running a full sim on a tiny screen with gamepad controls goes.

It's Deck verified for a start, which means Valve have at the very least checked that it all works ok. I have a global 40fps cap on my Deck in the interest of battery life, and on Low-Medium graphics it's rock solid running a 24 car grid of Minis at Brands Indy. Performance wise it feels like there's still some headroom on these settings.

Realistically though, for anything other than a bit of driving fun to pass an hour or two the Deck (or any handheld) is not exactly a natural fit with sim racing!

PS - FWIW, thought I'd give ACC a go too. Surprisingly (with the same caveats as above) ok performance wise, at least on a quick solo practice session!

I found this stuff hard to find for PC1/2 too, but is there any guide to what optimum pressures are for the various tyre types in AMS2?

I get that really it's something we need to find for ourselves with trial and error etc, but it'd be nice to have a ballpark figure that gives you something to work with, rather like ACC.

I found this stuff hard to find for PC1/2 too, but is there any guide to what optimum pressures are for the various tyre types in AMS2?

I get that really it's something we need to find for ourselves with trial and error etc, but it'd be nice to have a ballpark figure that gives you something to work with, rather like ACC.
It's something that varies from car to car and different temperatures on track. Even within the same classes. Use the tire display HUD and look at your inner-middle-outer temps while out on track. The colors help as well. Depending on your camber, you want to get an even dispersion between these three numbers. If your I-M-O is 85-84-72 then the tire is over inflated. If I-M-O is 85-80-77 then you have a more balanced pressure. I'm just making up numbers here of course.
What they really need to do is save the data so that if we return to pits, we can read that data and adjust. Like how it is in ACC. Shouldn't just get reset. Never understood that.

It's something that varies from car to car and different temperatures on track. Even within the same classes. Use the tire display HUD and look at your inner-middle-outer temps while out on track. The colors help as well. Depending on your camber, you want to get an even dispersion between these three numbers. If your I-M-O is 85-84-72 then the tire is over inflated. If I-M-O is 85-80-77 then you have a more balanced pressure. I'm just making up numbers here of course.
What they really need to do is save the data so that if we return to pits, we can read that data and adjust. Like how it is in ACC. Shouldn't just get reset. Never understood that.
This I find the most frustrating aspect too. If you're expected to be your own engineer, you should be able to look back at the driving you just did and see what the tyres etc were doing. It's all well-and-good to have the live telemetry overlay, but it's difficult to utilise it fully when you're also driving!

Really starting to get into this more and as I only have the base game it seems a little light on events and car variety, what the be the recommended add ons that you good folks consider..bearing in mind it’s not a full sim set up at all that I’m using, quite enjoying it with just a gamepad

Really starting to get into this more and as I only have the base game it seems a little light on events and car variety, what the be the recommended add ons that you good folks consider..bearing in mind it’s not a full sim set up at all that I’m using, quite enjoying it with just a gamepad

Can I ask what settings your using ? I've got the base game too and I've tried to set it up using my PC2 controller settings but it doesn't feel the same/as good. I really want to be able to enjoy this game..

Wish they would release a update on releasing this game on current gen consoles already 😔

Wonder if the reason they wont release this game on consoles has to do with them using the madness engine?

The Corvette GTP and Indianapolis more than make up for the Dallara IR-18 delay. Hopefully Le Mans (which seems to have been hinted at least a couple times) and Sebring manage to make their way into the game because if they do AMS2 would pretty much have the best track list available outside of mod heavy games and iRacing.

Wonder if the reason they wont release this game on consoles has to do with them using the madness engine?
I don't think Reiza could handle multiple platforms themselves (they can barely handle 1) and don't have any interest in farming it out to a 3rd party. Plus in it's current state I can't imagine the game would fare well considering it lacks a career mode (there is a pretty good custom championship mode though) and based on what I've read online has issues.

50% off until Oct. 31st on Steam.

Just down loaded all of the current additional content package. Good bargain.

Lets go racing.

Road America is great, my racing skills not so much lol. Usually run anywhere from 5 to 15 laps on most tracks and start mid pack. Had off track moment a few laps in. Then for remainder of race was in the bottom 5 pack of cars. Reall good though even run lap after lap in back field of cars

Last edited:
I just got around to trying the release candidate, classic Spa and radar alone make this update fantastic and we haven't even had the main course yet! :D

Wish they would release a update on releasing this game on current gen consoles already 😔

Would be absolute great, if they release on current gen consoles. Anyhow now that we know that there will be no Project Cars 4...

Currently on sale on Steam including Season Pass and individual DLCs.

1669239927952.png

1669240064752.png

VRC just released a new Audi 90 GTO mod for AMS 2. It's fantastic, highly recommend!!

VRC---AMS2---ARC---Auriel-90-GTO---V1.2.png

Speaking of AMS2 mods, is anyone else experiencing older mods not working after installing newer mods?:confused:
Currently I'm only able to find and run the 2019 Porsche 934, Ferrari FXX-K, and the VRC Auriel GTO. Any AMS 2 mods older than these on the Project Cars 2 mods site either can't be found in game after activation (Ferrari 250 GTO) or crash the game (Porsche 992 GT3).

My standard practice is to deactivate all mods in JSGME before activating them all again with the latest installed mod and re-activating bootfiles last. Any comments suggestions?

It's a hard time with mods due to all the changes in the barrage of updates we've been getting. Not all the cars are up to 1433 standards or may have some code discrepancies to work out. Keeping up has been difficult for the mod teams.
If something isn't working correctly it could be a driveline entry or something pertaining to the advanced damage model.
We just have to be patient until they can work through all of them. They are though. It's frustrating but if you find something that doesn't work, disable it and sooner or later, a working version will come. Robi3381 is keeping up pretty good. GvsE is going through his content as well but some stuff that's still up on the site is outdated. I imagine it's hard to keep pulling stuff from the webpage just to put it back on when it gets worked out. It'll get sorted though.
I suspect this will happen again in the 1.5 update as well but we won't know until that comes and presents itself with what works and what doesn't all over again.
Thankfully Reiza is continuing to make their cars better which in turn needs to be deciphered making the mod cars better as well.

Good to know it's not just me. I was surprised to see a release from VRC because of the issues you mention.
I wonder what their plan is for keeping up with all the updates.
Unless they have some inside info from Reiza that the pace of updates will soon be slowing down...?

We actually did some work on that car for VRC. I wish it was as easy to mod as in AC because I'd be going pretty hard at it. I do testing for the mods and fix any physics issues we may encounter. That car was a fun ride of getting the AWD systems in balance.
Hopefully they continue to pump out the rest of their content but yes, there will have to be continual updates to the cars if the game updates break them. Quite frankly, I was also surprised to see them release it this early too.
The information we need from Reiza is a big fat pile of modding tools so that we can bypass hexadecimal editing. :D

I do hope Robi3381 decides to update the Lambo Essenza sometime soon. I was looking to forward to creating a custom race with
his Lambo, Porsche 935 and Ferrari FXX around Spa. Yowza!

:gtpflag:

They are updated!
Indeed it is, mega! Thank you!
Are all of your older AMS2 mods updated as well for another download?

Suggestion to all of you amazing modders, if you make the file name of your compressed package the same as the bootfile version they support it will be easier for the fans of your work to keep things up to date and in order. Thanks again for your amazing work.

Indeed it is, mega! Thank you!
Are all of your older AMS2 mods updated as well for another download?

Suggestion to all of you amazing modders, if you make the file name of your compressed package the same as the bootfile version they support it will be easier for the fans of your work to keep things up to date and in order. Thanks again for your amazing work.
Yes, they are all updated! Only the Valkyrie remains, but I don't know, I have too little interest in this one. I can't find a way to create physics that are realistic and enjoyable.
And that's funny, I started to make version number matching the game version, since the 1.4 update

Last edited:
Modders have already created several new categories/classes within AMS2; GT1 Sport Club, Track Day B and Street Cars B amongst them. Now that VRC has entered the mix with a GTO car I hope the modding community can add some cars to compete against it in class. Two of my favorites in Project Cars 2 were the Mustang Cobra TA and the Nissan 300ZX Turbo but I certainly wouldn't object to a race spec Ferrari F40😎

I know porting over and creating mods for the SMS platform is no easy task but it's the holiday season, a time for creating wish lists😇 🎄 :cheers:

This is epic, a literal game changer! Next is me comparing what P Cars tracks are not in AMS 2 to see what might come next :-)
Congrats to all involed.

I don't quite understand this mod. Is it just trees? Is it a sign of tracks that are to come?

Back