Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

This line from the install instructions should be amended to make it clear you're editing tracklist.lst in the Bootfiles folder not the root AMS 2 folder.

4. Edit tracklist.lst in steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\tracks\_data

New track to have fun with on here: ☃️

New track to have fun with on here: ☃️
You should post some in game replay footage with those mods. I do not have time and or not ready to try out mods currently. Will most likely be awhile before ready to do that. Currently enjoying PC2 and AMS2 with my Monza 5 direct drive wheel that recently purchased. Never thought would make as much difference as it does. PC2 feels like a new game. Have also re-installed assetta corsa from steam (was supprised that still had the car mods that I downloaded over a year ago).

Last edited:
70% off on Steam at the moment so I jumped in and got the Season Pass as well. I've not really played games on my PC but I could be waiting forever for an Xbox release.

70% off on Steam at the moment so I jumped in and got the Season Pass as well. I've not really played games on my PC but I could be waiting forever for an Xbox release.
Hope you enjoy your new gaming ventures on the PC. I am glad that I made my move to gaming computer in summer of 2020. AMS2 was the primary reason for doing this. Back then however was disapointed in AMS2, now it is so much better and one of the best sims on the market.

God dammit, just announce a console port please, release it in it's current state I don't care, probably still in a better state than ACC at £8

I'd pay full price for this right now without hesitation on the SX.

Last edited:
God dammit, just announce a console port please, release it in it's current state I don't care, probably still in a better state than ACC at £8

I'd pay full price for this right now without hesitation on the SX.
I do not see a console release coming anytime soon (if at all). The AMS2 team is just a very small group from my understanding. What is holding you back from getting a computer in order to jump on board?

I do not see a console release coming anytime soon (if at all). The AMS2 team is just a very small group from my understanding. What is holding you back from getting a computer in order to jump on board?
Life in general, I was heavily into PC's in my younger years (building & playing) when all my money & time was my own.

Now I have a wife, 2x kids, 2x cars, a mortgage & a never ending list of DIY/maintenance jobs created by my wife :)

So unfortunately the cheap pick up & play lifestyle is all I got time for (maybe an hr a night, if that).

Last edited:
Life in general, I was heavily into PC's in my younger years (building & playing) when all my money & time was my own.

Now I have a wife, 2x kids, 2x cars, a mortgage & a never ending list of DIY/maintenance jobs created by my wife :)

So unfortunately the cheap pick up & play lifestyle is all I got time for (maybe an hr a night, if that).
Fully understand about all the responsibilities and associated cost. My 10 day vacation/holiday ends today. Will be working 50 plus for who knows how long most weeks. During week might try and get an hour or two in, main time is weekends. You might consider a steam deck, do not know much about this device except have seen reviews that does okay with AMS2 and you can output video to tv.

Steamdeck

Fully understand about all the responsibilities and associated cost. My 10 day vacation/holiday ends today. Will be working 50 plus for who knows how long most weeks. During week might try and get an hour or two in, main time is weekends. You might consider a steam deck, do not know much about this device except have seen reviews that does okay with AMS2 and you can output video to tv.

Steamdeck
Interesting. I wonder if it could support a steering wheel and pedals as well? Any wheels using USB C these days?

Last edited:
Trying out the new cars today.

Anyone racing today?

Do not see the point in qualifying for less then 10 lap race in open online races. Would prefer to spend that time doing more races.

Greenlightning is my steam user name.

Just hosted about 4 or 5 mixed class races with GT1, GT3 and the other class with the new cars with A.I. and about 4 or 5 others.
In general was good fun races. I think I was ranked "D" yesterday and now approaching "B" rank.

Will most likely do some more in 2 hours or less. My lobby name usually has race only in the title.

Last edited:
Been two great weeks of playing AMS2.

Many offline races and time trials. A few online races.

Finished up at Imola 1972. This might quickly become my go to track.

The new cars are good.

I really need to drive more of the formula cars even if just hot lapping.

AMS 2 tied for second place as most played racing sim in Race Department's latest poll.

That's great news and destined for future growth as more people discover just how good AMS 2 is, Reiza continues to add content and updates, and modders who are currently still mostly focused on Project Cars 2 start to convert over to AMS 2. I'm looking forward to 2023 in AMS 2. :gtpflag:

Nice. I voted AMS2. It's the one I do the most racing in it seems. I have AC open a lot too but that always seems like the real text file simulator seeing as you have to fix something in about 75% of the cars you try before you can go racing. 😂
AC is great for text files and looking at a thousand settings you can check and not know what half of them do.
AMS2 is great for racing.

I've only had AMS2 for a week so I voted DR2 as I have played that nearly every day but AMS2 and the new FM will be my daily games for 2023.

Some AMS 2 screenshot fun.
twilight time.jpg
Hangar Time.jpg
Night Flight.jpg

How is single player in this game? Does it have a career structure similar to Pcars 2? I enjoyed the driving in the demo, but they didn’t show enough of the game.

I’m tempted to pick this up with all it’s dlc, $163 cad for everything. I regret not getting it when it was on sale a couple months back.

Last edited:
Doesn't have career yet but you still have full customizable championships you can make. Basically can make your own career in a sense. Wait for a big sale again.

Back