B-Spec in 1.16 Update!

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 584 comments
Also... If B-Spec is restricted to the career mode races and we don't get some extra enduros in a new tile, it means that there will be no fun with Bob at any tracks that were added after the day-1 update. That does make me sad. :(

Otherwise I hope they do make it accessible in arcade mode.

I assume they weren't ready to announce b-spec yet and will announce it shortly with a proper reveal. Nothing to worry about.

Yea, it was a joke. :rolleyes: I'm not worried in the least, I'm not one of those people that lets myself get caught up in all the hype.....whatever happens will happen in due time. Until then, I tend not to believe anything until it actually happens.

The description says it's the same number of laps, it's the same A-Spec events.

The mode is clearly partially intended to help those who couldn't collect stars do so, but hopefully there's more to it than that. I guess people can't handle not winning, but then it is a fantasy.

I'm not sure how the new direct control mode will work out. Yes, the AI was frustrating, but the fix isn't to let us drive the car instead. I quite like the idea of the GT5 Bobs being carried over, but this time you have a button for remote control of a rocket booster... Something distinctly Kerbal Space Program about that!

Also, the only car with damage was the "player" car...

Let's see.

I guess that:
1. Instead of the B-Spec being separate mode, it will combined to one ala GT4.
2. There will be a dedicated B-Spec Seasonals, although you can also run A-Spec seasonal races with B-Spec with few exceptions.

I guess that:
2. There will be a dedicated B-Spec Seasonals, although you can also run A-Spec seasonal races with B-Spec with few exceptions.
I wonder if in time trial seasonals Bob could make a top tier score and beat good real life players if his aggressivity is pushed to the max.. We may get some good surprises with this AI!

I guess that:
1. Instead of the B-Spec being separate mode, it will combined to one ala GT4.
1 is already confirmed. It was mentioned when Kaz first talked about B-Spec for GT6, and you can also see on the new screens that the races are the same. You just select the mode in the pre-race screen (and you might be able to swap in pitstops).

I am curious if we will get online B-Spec racing. That might actually be interesting.

1 is already confirmed. It was mentioned when Kaz first talked about B-Spec for GT6, and you can also see on the new screens that the races are the same. You just select the mode in the pre-race screen (and you might be able to swap in pitstops).

I am curious if we will get online B-Spec racing. That might actually be interesting.

I'm pretty sure that we can not do it....

Ohh boyyy

In the new screenshots I think we can say that there is no tire wear / fuel consumption and the translated comments confirms that because the race are the ones from the A-Spec mode ! (except for the 24 minutes races...) They don't talk about updated AI and seriously I don't see the point of B-Spec (and even A-Spec in fact) with the current AI.

I begin to think that the real new B-Spec mode is kept for GT7 but they had to give something for GT6 simply because it is written on the website... Let's hope the course maker will be the real thing but I have a bad feeling about this too... :(

At this point it doesn't make since to have added so many tracks with 24 hour time/weather such as Spa, Nürburgring 24h, Daytona etc., to the roster only to have B-Spec return and be applied to only existing career events. If that's the case can't see it being used much.

It's not a coincidence, tire and fuel wear, endurance races, where removed from the original release, I believed they where held back because they are all interconnected to B-Spec, I believe the AI was the big hold up, though priority's with GT7 could also be playing a roll.

Ohh boyyy

In the new screenshots I think we can say that there is no tire wear / fuel consumption and the translated comments confirms that because the race are the ones from the A-Spec mode !

Well, there is in the endurance events.

BSpec confirmed on the japanese PitStop blog version

"Prize money, number of turns, tire regulation, it is the same with all A-Spec." So no endurance....

Last edited:
Tire and fuel wear are always presents.

In offline it's disabled in the career mode with the exception of the S events which is a exaggerated a bit and there's no option in Arcade mode like GT5. Just ran a race last night 15 minute race at Apricot Hill in a Boss Mustang on SS at the end there was no change to fuel level or tire wear.

Well, the B-Spec on GT6 will be different this time - if my friend Google T. was right
apparently (hey kid), you can accelerate or brake the car manually - shown on those 2 bars (red and blue) above the car - or let the AI set his own pace
20150224_bspec_08.jpg

Taking over the pace...
20150224_bspec_09.jpg

Switching lanes (and slipstream)...
20150224_bspec_10.jpg

If the vehicle AI spin off the track...
20150224_bspec_06.jpg

Will be asked to manipulate manually, like a 'RC car', in bird's-eye perspective.
20150224_bspec_07.jpg

For a non-Engrish translation:

In the forthcoming update “Ver. 1.16” the new feature B-Spec will be introduced. Previous versions of B-Spec might make one say “Why did you back off there?” or “Get in the slipstream!”, there were a number of behaviours in the AI driver that were highly irritating to the player. In Gran Turismo 6 B-Spec, the number of instructions and pace selection options have increased, and it's possible to alter how the AI driver behaves. Overtaking, slipstreaming, changing lanes, as well as acceleration and braking can all be controlled in real time.

Unlike the Gran Turismo 5 version of B-Spec the style is not that of employing a driver, instead you will feel that you are supporting the AI driver's race. How about gathering any stars that you might have missed? The prizes, lap counts, and tyre regulations are all identical to A-Spec.

It's also ideal for the extremely difficult Red Bull X Challenges. And it will allow beginners to attempt some of the other difficult events in the game.

Of course, if you are too aggressive with the accelerator, the AI driver will spin or run off the course. A certain delicacy is required, not unlike driving a radio controlled car from a bird's eye perspective.

Unlike A-Spec, one can play as if one were a spotter in a NASCAR race, and so it's easy to comprehend the situation going on around the car. And to get that final edge to win in a close battle, it's good to try playing from an internal perspective.

I hope you'll look forward to the update!

Translated by me.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/article/1512

Last edited:
In Gran Turismo 6 B-Spec, the number of instructions and pace selection options have increased, and it's possible to alter how the AI driver behaves. Overtaking, slipstreaming, changing lanes, as well as acceleration and braking can all be controlled in real time.

A Gran Turismo slot car game? If it's like that then it's bizarre enough that I want it :D

For a non-Engrish translation:

In the forthcoming update “Ver. 1.16” the new feature B-Spec will be introduced. Previous versions of B-Spec might make one say “Why did you back off there?” or “Get in the slipstream!”, there were a number of behaviours in the AI driver that were highly irritating to the player. In Gran Turismo 6 B-Spec, the number of instructions and pace selection options have increased, and it's possible to alter how the AI driver behaves. Overtaking, slipstreaming, changing lanes, as well as acceleration and braking can all be controlled in real time.

Unlike the Gran Turismo 5 version of B-Spec the style is not that of employing a driver, instead you will feel that you are supporting the AI driver's race. How about gathering any stars that you might have missed? The prizes, lap counts, and tyre regulations are all identical to A-Spec.

It's also ideal for the extremely difficult Red Bull X Challenges. And it will allow beginners to attempt some of the other difficult events in the game.

Of course, if you are too aggressive with the accelerator, the AI driver will spin or run off the course. A certain delicacy is required, not unlike driving a radio controlled car from a bird's eye perspective.

Unlike A-Spec, one can play as if one were a spotter in a NASCAR race, and so it's easy to comprehend the situation going on around the car. And to get that final edge to win in a close battle, it's good to try playing from an internal perspective.

I hope you'll look forward to the update!

Translated by me.

It sounds utterly bizarre, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the direction they're going in. I was hoping for greater realism and this doesn't sound like it.

It sounds utterly bizarre, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the direction they're going in. I was hoping for greater realism and this doesn't sound like it.
Join the club. I was hoping for endurance races and not happening.

You wanna know the bit that weirds me out?

Difficult events in the game? In the game where the AI slows down to let you win?

Polyphony clearly have a very low opinion of the skill of their players. Maybe they're right, on average. But I doubt we'll be seeing difficulty levels or elite challenges any time soon if they're bent on building for the lowest common denominator.

Difficult events in the game? In the game where the AI slows down to let you win?

Polyphony clearly have a very low opinion of the skill of their players. Maybe they're right, on average. But I doubt we'll be seeing difficulty levels or elite challenges any time soon if they're bent on building for the lowest common denominator.
Theres people that cant beat the RB events. I know a few who haven't done them to gold yet. This seems like its an addition to the game as well as a feature for attracting new players.

It's important to remember that gtplanet members are the most hardcore/enthusiastic/skilled extreme of PD's target audience, and as such very few gameplay updates will actually be geared towards us, but it's still hugely disappointing. Since GT4 we seem to have been largely taken for granted.

Back