Bertone Vision Gran Turismo - New images!

Did Bertone think Gran Turismo was a Wipeout style game?

I think it's slightly overdone, sure it's thinking outside the box but it looks like some undergrad's coffee break mockup and not from a respected auto design house. I would have hoped they would have gone with something heritage evoking and elegant.

No Bentone DNA in there from what I can see and the fake livery sponsors thing is so 90's. It might look better in one solid colour but I think Vision GT cars should be grounded in a more concept motor show car style rather than being totally nuts.

Give us real concept cars from the past PD, like the ones in GTC, and not make believe ones.

His design is very organic.
Doesn't seem to resemble the "WipEout" comparisons people like to run on their bandwagons with, they seem far more organic than purposefully industrial designed racers that can float over the ground and reach speeds nearing the speed of sound.

No Bentone DNA in there from what I can see
So you're seeing none of this DNA in it then?

2c9a6b17ce44035500c4aca2a46a061e.jpg

So you're seeing none of this DNA in it then?

2c9a6b17ce44035500c4aca2a46a061e.jpg

Absolutely none. That is a simple slick design with a few intersecting elegant shapes whereas the current thing is a mess of angles and ill fitting panels. I'm starting to believe that it's a fan design from someone playing car designer. If Bertone sub contracted it out it's very disappointing IMO.

Absolutely none. That is a simple slick design with a few intersecting elegant shapes whereas the current thing is a mess of angles and ill fitting panels. I'm starting to believe that it's a fan design from someone playing car designer. If Bertone sub contracted it out it's very disappointing IMO.
Thats not the point. The point is both of these cars are/were completely against the style at the time.

You guys do realize this is just an artist's sketch who used to work at Bertone. Bertone filed for bankruptcy last year. I doubt we'll be getting anything from them.

Look everybody,

another VGT that'll get you kicked in Cruise lobbies. lol

Anyway, I guess the designer just finished watching sci-fi movies before designing that .. uh .. thing?
I bet it's powered by a SpaceCake engine. :P

IF this thing comes to GT6, I might actually take my PS3 out of the dusty corner in my room where it been sitting idle for a long time now.
I'd be surprised if it's another laser powered car like the 2X. Although if it's something else besides a electric car, then this could end up being very interesting.

Thats not the point. The point is both of these cars are/were completely against the style at the time.

I guess it's the way at how you look at what Vision GT is all about.

For me it's a project which allows a manufacturer to show something radical YET linked with a brand / marques heritage, design language etc.

This concept could be associated with any brand and that's not a good when it's trying to be something branded. Brand identity is the most import thing in automotive styling.

For me, Bertone's design language has always been about sharp concave angles, triangles and hexagons. I'm seeing a lot of that in this concept.

Someone referred to it as a 'knife kar' earlier, and i guess they're right. It does have a Stiletto like quality.

I was really hoping for something similar to their Jaguar concept from a few years ago.

Bertone-Jaguar-B99-31.jpg

If this is the Bertone VGT I will probably just driver it a couple times than let it sit in my garage next to the Chaparral and Red Bull's as I just don't see it being of any use.

Eh, I hate to be that one guy that is always negative about things.

But how can anyone remotely think something like this is acceptable for a game that tries to sell itself as a simulator?
See, I already dislike how most of VGT's look extremely overdone, with the exception of a few, they look like it doesn't belong in the game, but I can still overlook through that, since at least we are looking at things that look like cars.

Now you throw this at my face, what is that supposed to be? A spaceship? F-zero?
PD might as well let us race in motorized shopping carts since they are allowing such things to be in their game like that, and before any of you say nike one, no, it wasn't as insane as this is.

inb4: oh but is bertone... muh history, muh heritage, muh importance to car culture blah blah-

Although that's very nice (actually prefer it to the VGT we may be getting). It isn't really Bertone.. Bertone was mainly a coachbuilder, so really the design is more 'Jaguar' than a stand alone 'Bertone', as in it's very sympathetic towards Jaguar (who really don't do sharp edges).
It doesn't look very 'Bertone', is what i'm getting at.

Eh, I hate to be that one guy that is always negative about things.

But how can anyone remotely think something like this is acceptable for a game that tries to sell itself as a simulator?
See, I already dislike how most of VGT's look extremely overdone, with the exception of a few, they look like it doesn't belong in the game, but I can still overlook through that, since at least we are looking at things that look like cars.

Now you throw this at my face, what is that supposed to be? A spaceship? F-zero?
PD might as well let us race in motorized shopping carts since they are allowing such things to be in their game like that, and before any of you say nike one, no, it wasn't as insane as this is.

inb4: oh but is bertone... muh history, muh heritage, muh importance to car culture blah blah-
I don't think it matters what this car looks like when you consider that we have a "laser powered" car as well.

Wow... That really left me without words. The original sketches were already insane; this is something else. too bad it probably won't be in the game because of Bertone not being in business anymore. Too bad. This is one VGT that was actually interesting.

I think you'd find if you were to look at Bertone's designs of the past, it is infact quite Bertone, more-so than the Jaguar concept. (imo)

I have, and I haven't seen a single one that looks anything like this monstrosity.

Now, if they would have went with the original teaser image, I could see the link between the designs of their past, but this is just a bunch of pointy pieces of whatever encompassing some wheels that don't make sense.

Previously released teaser.
Bertone-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-design-sketch-preview-720x405.jpg

Compared to the "straight out of Death Race 2000" render.

10959061_953581894653568_3603398013952771564_o.jpg

Back