Bertone Vision Gran Turismo - New images!

This is too far removed from reality for me to actually be interested: I play Gran Turismo because I like motor-racing, if I wanted to race spaceships I'd probably play Wipeout. Please try and get the motorsport right first PD.

Because some of the sketches of this car were labeled "Urano". Now it also could possibly be "Mesos X" VGT since those are also on a bunch of pictures, but that was just my guess on the name based on what I've seen.

Oh, I missed that sketch.

I found a similar sketch from 2010 where he also used the Urano name:

427604_1277852557_orig.jpg

Apparently he was also part of the Alfa Romeo Pandion team. That crazy rear end looks related to the VGT renders.

Alfa_Romeo-Pandion_Concept-2010-1280-04.jpg

This is too far removed from reality for me to actually be interested: I play Gran Turismo because I like motor-racing, if I wanted to race spaceships I'd probably play Wipeout. Please try and get the motorsport right first PD.
There always have to be some unpleased people...
You have plenty of real cars in GT6, no one forces you to drive this.

There always have to be some unpleased people...
You have plenty of real cars in GT6, no one forces you to drive this.

There always has to be someone who takes it upon himself to police every thread for any signs of negativity...

I'm disappointed because instead of the types of cars I and many other GT fans are interested in, concept cars from 50 years into the future are being added to the series. If they were adding normal cars as well as futuristic concepts I wouldn't be.

View attachment 329946
Miura, Stratos, Countach, DB5, Alfa GT - the list goes on and on. Also I learned just now - Frecciarossa 1000 - high speed train.

Bertone went bankrupt due to changes in market and not because of lack of talent. Manufacturers simply choose not to hire 3rd party design houses and work internally to save costs.

Oh look, an important point that most people will miss because they think Bertone does not know how to create good designs!

Seriously people, pay attention to that bolded part. Bertone went bankrupt because most companies decided to rely on internal design studios for their cars rather than outsourcing them to other design studios. May I remind you that Bertone was still trying to promote designs for other manufacturers:

1280px-Festival_automobile_international_2012_-_Bertone_Jaguar_B99_-_008.jpg

One of Bertone's last designs, and quite ironically enough, a design made by the same person responsible for the VGT: the Jaguar B99. It was even shown on Top Gear, but that wasn't enough to get people interested. Mainly because of the cost-cutting that TurismoBad mentions.

That is also the reason why Bertone Design is now working in other design areas such as trains and so on. They know that focusing solely on car designing will send then back under again, so they aren't risking a second bankrupcy.

There always has to be someone who takes it upon himself to police every thread for any signs of negativity...

It's not like you were saying anything new in the first place. Said a bunch of times every VGT thread, saying it again will do absolutely nothing. Big-whoop, you want real cars, there are also people who want these VGTs (I personally don't care). Not everyone gets what they want so there's no point.

I agree with this. That's basically the reason why I don't like most of these VGT cars, they're just too extreme and feel very out of place in GT imo. I and most perfer cars that actually exist. Isn't that the reason why we even gotten into GT in the first place? But like you've mentioned above, motorsports should and always come first if your game is a racing sim, which is one of the main reasons GT was created for.

I for one like this and can wait to drive it. I wonder why the chaparral had so much positive hype but this not so much? I wouldn't expect less from Bertone in terms of radicalness (same with Zagato, Nike, and Jordan.)

It's not like you were saying anything new in the first place. Said a bunch of times every VGT thread, saying it again will do absolutely nothing. Big-whoop, you want real cars, there are also people who want these VGTs (I personally don't care). Not everyone gets what they want so there's no point.

I'm really sorry that my opinion wasn't new or interesting enough for you, although surely if my opinion was found to not be sufficiently interesting the logical step to take would be to ignore it.

But anyway.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry that my opinion wasn't new or interesting enough for you, although surely if my opinion was found to not be sufficiently interesting the logical step to take would be to ignore it.

But anyway.

I took no interest in your comment. Only responded because you had a problem with someone replying to you, which was so obviously going to happen.

But anyway.
It's less about the fact it's not interesting enough, more the fact it's posted relentlessly when we get the point. If you really want a proper discussion of it, make a thread rather than having people relentlessly posting it In every single VGT thread ever.

It's less about the fact it's not interesting enough, more the fact it's posted relentlessly when we get the point. If you really want a proper discussion of it, make a thread rather than having people relentlessly posting it In every single VGT thread ever.

frabz-Did-I-ever-tell-you-the-definition-of-insanity-d13883.jpg

I expressed an opinion specific to this car, that it was too spaceship-like. I've never posted negatively in any thread about a VGT before, but hey ho

I took no interest in your comment. Only responded because you had a problem with someone replying to you, which was so obviously going to happen.

I don't feel all that bad for provoking an illogical response, I have to say.

But anyway, what kind of power source are people expecting this to have?

I expressed an opinion specific to this car, that it was too spaceship-like. I've never posted negatively in any thread about a VGT before, but hey ho
I retract my statement aimed at you, then. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

The design looks far too complex for my eyes to understand-I mean, what the heck is going on?
It appears to be some sort of machine that uses a format similar to the Deltawing, but with two more wheels added to the rear for some reason.

Back