Bertone Vision Gran Turismo - New images!

Looks like it came straight out of Formula Fusion (which is a WipEout-styled AG Racing game, made by former employees of WipEout), but with wheels.

I also think it looks like a tri-pod cockroach or some other insect with wheels :D

Last edited:
@Northstar

You're absolutely right. The previously released teaser and this new render, bare no resemblance to each each other. It's as if this new render has lost all of those sharp edges and triangular shapes...

@Northstar

You're absolutely right. The previously released teaser and this new render, bare no resemblance to each each other. It's as if this new render has lost all of those sharp edges and triangular shapes...
You'll have to excuse the quality of the zoomed in shot, but I beg to differ.

1553348_627116810657262_836732201_o_zps26nylfvr.jpg

pizap.com14263134007801_zpsavx5w03u.jpg

Looking at the names on the car and the X in the sketches, could it possibly be the Urano X Vision GT?

Let me quote myself from the news section:

What the hell is that thing, Batman wouldn’t be seen alive in it (unlike the other vision GT’s which come straight out the batcave). Looks like a cockroach with wheels :D

I have, and I haven't seen a single one that looks anything like this monstrosity.

Now, if they would have went with the original teaser image, I could see the link between the designs of their past, but this is just a bunch of pointy pieces of whatever encompassing some wheels that don't make sense.

Previously released teaser.
Bertone-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Concept-design-sketch-preview-720x405.jpg

Compared to the "straight out of Death Race 2000" render.

10959061_953581894653568_3603398013952771564_o.jpg

Plans can change though. The BMW VGT is an obvious example. ;)

Plans can change though. The BMW VGT is an obvious example. ;)

And the Alpine VGT is another. ;)

Remember people, until we see the true final sketches of a VGT car, those found on the web/ingame page are just placeholders, unless a company manages to somehow stick to the design shown on said placeholders. And the Bertone has been a car in the making for more than a year, I'm pretty sure it could suffer several changes from its original VGT teaser.

Also, I had a closer look at the first picture (from the first VGT trailer) that Northstar posted as part of his design comparison, and I can just barely make out the name "Octon" on the bottom right corner (below the left rear wheel). Octon is the name of Giulio Partisani's blog, the same blog that has the original Urano pictures. So yes, old Bertone delegated their project to Partisani from the get-go, and perhaps Bertone Design (the New Bertone, that currently holds the historical and licensing rights of the Bertone brand) found fitting to continue the project. Besides, I'm sure that Giulio would love to have his personal pet project transformed into (virtual) reality...

*sigh* We're getting the backwash of GTP comments now.

Look, the whole point of the VGT project was to allow carmakers to push their designs to a level that was never possible before. You can't just build a laser-powered engine in reality. You can, however, build one in a virtual environment. Chevrolet understood that. Bertone took the VGT project, apparently, and ran with it as well. I applaud Bertone for doing something extraordinary and experimental with their design. It's progress on a level we rarely see.

*sigh* We're getting the backwash of GTP comments now.

Look, the whole point of the VGT project was to allow carmakers to push their designs to a level that was never possible before. You can't just build a laser-powered engine in reality. You can, however, build one in a virtual environment. Chevrolet understood that. Bertone took the VGT project, apparently, and ran with it as well. I applaud Bertone for doing something extraordinary and experimental with their design. It's progress on a level we rarely see.

I was expecting that, to be quite frankly honest. When you create such a radical and polarizing design, it'll be hard to have one cohesive type of response. You either love it or hate it. Not to mention that since VGTs are the only new cars still being added to the game, the angry mob, that demands their E30 M3 and LaFerraris to be in the game, will tear the VGT cars a new one if they have to. And with the Bertone's extreme design, you should expect some equally extreme responses.

And besides, as you have pointed out, the Vision GT project was more or less a blank canvas for car companies to create their own ideas of a sports car for the future. Which future? It wasn't stated. Some have opted to get closer to a near future, with cars that reminisce past designs and/or concepts (BMW and Mini, for example), others have opted to be slightly more edgy with their designs (Infiniti and Aston Martin come to mind). And then you have the Chaparral and the Bertone; the ultimate rule breakers. They are more less "halo cars" for the VGT project; the result of the ultimate ideal of pushing boundaries, the result of allowing designers to have freedom to transform their futuristic ideas into virtual cars.

Last edited:
In a way it's nice to see these concepts added to to a racing game, but for my liking they should just be pictures in a sort of museum card feature which you can collect and stare at. DLC should be about real cars/tracks added on a regular bases and i'm sure the majority of GT players would prefer that, especially because the car roster is already showing it's years.

In a way it's nice to see these concepts added to to a racing game, but for my liking they should just be pictures in a sort of museum card feature which you can collect and stare at. DLC should be about real cars/tracks added on a regular bases and i'm sure the majority of GT players would prefer that, especially because the car roster is already showing it's years.

While I can see that point, even the VGTs haven't had a consistent schedule. We have two (three if the Bertone becomes a reality) cars that haven't been released yet. And besides the new game features (that have also taken a long amount of time to be released) and the four new tracks (Suzuka 2014, Red Bull Ring, Zahara and Midfield, we haven't really seen any new real-life cars be added to the game since the Nissan GT-R R35 Nismo. It's seems that PD have just shifted that idea for GT7, and are just trying to wrap the Vision GT project up before moving on to greener pastures.

It's seems that PD have just shifted that idea for GT7, and are just trying to wrap the Vision GT project up before moving on to greener pastures.
Wishful thinking ;)
What's to say they don't just continue with VGT DLC for GT7? Their design choices have been very weird in the last years so i wouldn't be surprised if it stays this way.

If they finish the current set of manufacturers for GT6 I'd doubt they'd get another round of the project with new manufacturers for GT7. This was mainly created to celebrate the franchise's 15th anniversary (GT6) after all.

Wishful thinking ;)
What's to say they don't just continue with VGT DLC for GT7? Their design choices have been very weird in the last years so i wouldn't be surprised if it stays this way.

I know it's wishful thinking, but it's more or less what sparky says below:

If they finish the current set of manufacturers for GT6 I'd doubt they'd get another round of the project with new manufacturers for GT7. This was mainly created to celebrate the franchise's 15th anniversary (GT6) after all.

Therefore, it would be odd to continue a project that was made exclusively for GT6, to celebrate the 15th anniversary landmark of the Gran Turismo series. Of course, PD hasn't been the most... consistent company (for the lack of a better term) as of late, but I don't really expect this project to continue in GT7. Heck, I'd be surprised if the current VGT cars would be carried over from GT6 to GT7. Although some of them display PS4-esque graphical quality in photo mode (such as the Mini)...

The machines produced as part of the project themselves will almost certainly move forward with the rest of the premium cars, since at the end of the day they're just like the rest of the car list.

You'll have to excuse the quality of the zoomed in shot, but I beg to differ.

1553348_627116810657262_836732201_o_zps26nylfvr.jpg

pizap.com14263134007801_zpsavx5w03u.jpg
See, I always thought we were looking at the rear of the white one, but now I see where you are getting the comparison from. I just really hope they have a white one of the new render available to purchase- I feel the black takes away a lot of the detail of the car.

So that's why Ridge Racer died. Namco given the license to PD and have car manufacturers continue it by building these extreme machines through the VGT program. Why haven't I known this before? :dopey:

No wonder why Bertone went into bankruptcy, this is even worse than the Chaparral 2X.

03302101.jpg
Miura, Stratos, Countach, DB5, Alfa GT - the list goes on and on. Also I learned just now - Frecciarossa 1000 - high speed train.

Bertone went bankrupt due to changes in market and not because of lack of talent. Manufacturers simply choose not to hire 3rd party design houses and work internally to save costs.

Radical isn't a strong enough word to describe this. It's ridiculously over the top and looking at some of the beautiful designs brought out by Bertone over the years, this one needed a few special mushrooms and a bad trip to create.

It's just so wrong on so many levels. It's like Bertone 'flipped the bird' before going under. Definitely not a swan song.

I was really looking forward to a soft, swoopy lined thing of beauty. Not this potato chipper.:yuck:

I know it's wishful thinking, but it's more or less what sparky says below:

Therefore, it would be odd to continue a project that was made exclusively for GT6, to celebrate the 15th anniversary landmark of the Gran Turismo series. Of course, PD hasn't been the most... consistent company (for the lack of a better term) as of late, but I don't really expect this project to continue in GT7. Heck, I'd be surprised if the current VGT cars would be carried over from GT6 to GT7. Although some of them display PS4-esque graphical quality in photo mode (such as the Mini)...
They won't continue the project probably but I hope the VGT cars will carry over. Hopefully sooner or later i'll get my PS3 fixed because i'm missing out on alot of the new stuff they added to GT6. I beg that Bertone does not withdrawal from the VGT project because this car is just insane. If I ever drive this car, my reaction is going to be the same reaction when BlackPantha or whatever that guy's name is on Youtube turned the Hummer H1 to a Perf spec car on The Crew. :scared:

TokoTurismo
So that's why Ridge Racer died. Namco given the license to PD and have car manufacturers continue it by building these extreme machines through the VGT program. Why haven't I known this before? :dopey:

Actually most of the cars in Ridge Racer look less radical then the Bertone VGT from what I remember. Don't get me wrong, I've played Ridge Racer before. And they given the license to PD? If that's the case, then where in the hell is my Assoluto Fatalita or Soldat Meltfire as well as the Crinale? :banghead:

Ridge Racer 4 FTW!

Last edited:
The VGT cars start to remind me of the super planes in Ace Combat series. Morgan, Falken, Delphinus series, etc. But the VGT's are from real manufacturers! And I love 'em!

Last edited:
I know, but why would it be Urano X? The text on the car says "Mesos".

Because some of the sketches of this car were labeled "Urano". Now it also could possibly be "Mesos X" VGT since those are also on a bunch of pictures, but that was just my guess on the name based on what I've seen.

Latest Posts

Back