Bertone Vision Gran Turismo - New images!

There always has to be someone who takes it upon himself to police every thread for any signs of negativity...

I'm disappointed because instead of the types of cars I and many other GT fans are interested in, concept cars from 50 years into the future are being added to the series. If they were adding normal cars as well as futuristic concepts I wouldn't be.

Some vision GTs are closer to normal cars rather than futuristic concepts... take a look at the BMW or the Mini for example.

Some vision GTs are closer to normal cars rather than futuristic concepts... take a look at the BMW or the Mini for example.

I meant actual production cars. Don't really want to derail this thread any further though, so back to topic.

Oh yes, of all the Vision GT cars, this is the one I have wanted to see the most! Although it does differ from the original design shown in GT6, I like it a lot. I cannot wait to see this in GT6! :D

I'm not the biggest fan of this but it does look crazy and will hopefully drive like a more normal car unlike the Chaparral which is horrid to drive. Although I wouldn't mind if a company in the VGT project made a car that looked like it was styled from the 1950's not 2050's, oh well it's their choice to see what they can do.

It may be an awesome car only time will tell. 👍

Edit: looking the the viewable sketches for the VGT's I'm very interested in Tesla and Ford's let's hope they don't change their design too much.

Someone brought up AC:Zero. I would have very much liked if this:

Bertone-a-sketch-for-Vision-Gran-Turismo.-640x327.jpg

continued like this:

1284155363_27619522ffef680d1c31e22dd8843433.jpg

but also borrowed from this:

1.jpg

This concept is also a little bit like this:

QuadRod_Greg-P.jpg

Well the "each VGT per month" rule. But since the December gave us 3 VGTs and we got to wait for 2 months to get another one so probably theres a hope buy definitely not March.

Thing is, We haven't gotten a VGT every month. We went two months without one more then once last year and actually, we only had to wait one month this year for one as we just got the Mini last month (which was not at all announced for that month until the week it came out).

The Hyundai Vision GT also seems to be a car with wheels in diamond formation.

Hyundai-a-sketch-for-Vision-Gran-Turismo.-640x361.jpg
Going from that pic, i don't think it does have a diamond formation.
The wheels appear to be able to expand/contract, altering the wheel diameter and footprint/wheel placement.

Reminds me a bit of this:

toyota_le_mans_racer_2025_001.jpg

I have to say, the Bertone concept is growing on me more, it's like something out of 'Cyber Formula'. Love to see it in a different colour though, so i could understand the design a bit better.

Well the "each VGT per month" rule. But since the December gave us 3 VGTs and we got to wait for 2 months to get another one so probably theres a hope buy definitely not March.
Please.
What 'rule'?

Only one car is touted for March.
Alpine.
That's it.

Please.
What 'rule'?

Only one car is touted for March.
Alpine.
That's it.
Uh, Lexus VGT? Ussually when it says it launches in Spring, its ussually on March.

Time will tell. But I highly bet it launched alongside Alpine.

Last edited:
There is a pattern that VGTs are never really overlapping with other's, so it is possible that both come in March. Not at the same time, but possible.

I dislike it essentially because it's wrong. It's not a GT car, like Mazda and Chaparral, and the VGT project was meant to represent manufacturers' vision of a Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) car. Those spaceships are far from being GT-class cars, hence they're just wrong for this project.
And besides, this mess under Bertone's name still looks horrible.

EDIT: added pic for who's short on memory.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-15-14-00-31.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-14-00-31.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I dislike it essentially because it's wrong. It's not a GT car, like Mazda and Chaparral, and the VGT project was meant to represent manufacturers' vision of a Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) car. Those spaceships are far from being GT-class cars, hence they're just wrong for this project.

As much as I dislike the abomination that was designed by bertone, I have to say that maybe it fits with the manufactures vision of GT, That vision being a total incomprehensible mishmash of ideas hastily thrown together with no general directive.

An old, pointless argument which is irrelevant.

They were asked to design a car representing what GT means to them, and were unlimited in what they could do. Hence why we have Le Mans racers, mid engined hypercars, rally cars, experimental racers and realistic racers.

It could be "pointless" or "irrelevant" as you say, but it never had proved wrong.
You can speculate as you want, but that thing is not a GT. That is a fact.
If you guys like to be kidded not only by PD, but even by their automotive partners too, there's no problem, but you can't pretend to change facts only because of "artistic licenses".
The Gran Turismo brand is so full of half thruts that we fans have been addicted to it.

Last edited:
It could be "pointless" or "irrelevant" as you say, but it never had proved wrong.
You can speculate as you want, but that thing is not a GT. That is a fact.
If you guys like to be kidded not only by PD, but even by their automotive partners too, there's no problem, but you can't pretend to change facts only because of "artistic licenses".
The Gran Turismo brand is so full of half thruts that we've bene addicted to it.
They never at any point said they're making exclusively 2 door coupes, that's a misconception probably lost in translation.

Kaz told evo that he wanted them to design a car "for Gran Turismo" I.e what the designers feel players want to drive in games, and what this competitive environment means to them.

And I never pretended to change facts (that grammar tho) but was explaining why your so called facts are little more than a misunderstanding.

I think you have mistaken the Dictionary definition of GT with the actual intent of "Vision Gran Turismo". They aren't asking Manufacterers to make a textbook GT car, they are asking manufacterers to design a "Gran Turismo" Car.

They were asked to design a car representing what GT means to them, and were unlimited in what they could do. Hence why we have Le Mans racers, mid engined hypercars, rally cars, experimental racers and realistic racers.
And when the entire project is finished and we have all 28 or however many VGTs, they as a group, will truly represent GT as a whole as they will be a varied grouping of cars from manufacturers all over the world.

"The manufacturers who have answered our call are now delivering new Grand Touring (referred to the car class) cars in succession."

Idk guys, maybe I'm dumb or something...

Back