best and worst corner of the game

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 45 comments

Mike Rotch

Aluminium Overcast
Staff Emeritus
Australia
Down under
rate your fav and most hated corner of the game. For me the best had to be the last corner on DeepForest or the last left-right at Midfield. As for the worst, it has to be the long left after tunnel one at midfield. :mad:

I can recall one corner that is one of the BEST, but also one of the WORST! The first hairpin turn on Seattle (right at the beggining). I was in a Lancer one time and I went sideways around the entire corner without touching the walls!

i love most s-bends.
the last section of apricot hill is great fun in a hi-po car... the chicane folowd by the sweeping left onto the backstraight

also the laguna corkscrew is fun, but if taken to quickly, can be costly

Yea, the chicane at Apricot Hill is one of the few challenging sections of the course. Getting that sweeper before it correctly is key to doing it right.

The last corner at Tahiti Road is fun. You can fake the others as if you're going to the pits!

The long left before the back "straight" at Deep forest is both aggravating (if you hit the rocks on the outside of the corner, thus losing top-end speed) and joyous (sweeping/drifting it right makes me jump for joy inside) at times.

The esses at Red Rock Valley are fun. The chicane at Seattle is also fun. Taking it flat out is quite a boost.

Agree on the desperately fast left hander onto the main straight at Deep Forest - best corner on the game.

Worst - hmmm. The ultra slow double right hander past the pit entrance at Cote d'Azur, although the exit's okay

Best Corner? Hmmm... It's hard for me to isolate a corner since lines should be geared to position you just-so for the next one. How about "sections"?

so hard to pick... the fairly sharp right just before the 1st tunnel on Deep Forest, continuing on to the next right and then left throught the 2nd tunnel and left on the way out... I am in a state or rapture when I get that perfect. :lol:

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th turns on Autumn Ring, after the 1st 90 degree right... all together, no brakes. You have to start off just right or yer screwed :lol:

Worst?

Almost all of Rome Circuit Full Course.

The 1st right after the tunnel on Trial Mountain.

Of course that is just this week .

my fav, S turns
My wor, the last turn on red rock valley, i know its not that bad, but i get lots of problems from FR, excluding a few

I love doing the S turn near the beginning at Red Rock, as well as the infamous Laguna Corkscrew. Although like KanaL said, if you take the corkscrew wrong, you're screwed.:P;)

best -- seattle circuit, right at the bottom of that long downhill. man, that is fun.

worst -- end of grand valley. there's a really tight s-turn before the last corner.

I used to hate that S on Grand Valley, too. But then one day I got it! And I've gotten it (mostly) ever since.

Funny, I have a hard time with the right after the long downhill on Seattle, though.

Another tough one, for me, is the 125 degree left starting right after the bridge in Atumn Ring. I just can't enter the turn right and so my line is a series of corrections. Either that or I just try to do it too fast.

I love that one (Midfield). Never had any problems there. Every car bounces along but stays on course unless I go too fast.

The harder one is the sharp right just before the tunnel.

Originally posted by milefile
I love that one (Midfield). Never had any problems there. Every car bounces along but stays on course unless I go too fast.

The harder one is the sharp right just before the tunnel.
I love that turn.:D:P On the long left turn, I'll be driving, staying right close to the inside, tapping left accordingly, then all a sudden, out goes the back end.:mad: I don't spinout though, I just have to correct, but it loses a lot of speed and time.:banghead:

It's definitely a challenge. That's probably why I love it... unless I screw the pooch.

I've had like an evolution in driving on GT2 in the past couple weeks. Like something clicked. Tracks that I used to hate I now really like. I'm finally able to maintain nice smooth lines through sections of track that I used to see as two or more seperate turns. It makes driving so much more fun and relaxing.

For instance... I used to hate Grindenwald but I realized that all those little turns in the road don't necessarily translate into little turns for the car. You can maintain speed and "straighten" out the little turns into long sweeping ones.

It was a breakthrough... for me anyway. Now I go to all the other tracks and apply the new technique and go much faster and do much better.

There is no substitute for knowing the course.

Don't like the Midfield turn after the first tunnel, or the first hairpin at Apricot Hill. The Test Course can be frustrating when trying for a top speed, cos in the faster cars you have to slow down to go round them (Escudo or 180 Dragster fast)

I like that little chicane after the haipin at Grindelwald, though. And the left before the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca.

Originally posted by Roo
Don't like the Midfield turn after the first tunnel, or the first hairpin at Apricot Hill. The Test Course can be frustrating when trying for a top speed, cos in the faster cars you have to slow down to go round them (Escudo or 180 Dragster fast)

I like that little chicane after the haipin at Grindelwald, though. And the left before the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca.

The left before the corkscrew at Laguna...

I think that whole course emphasizes keeping good lines more than others. If you hit that turn right you don't even need to touch the brakes. If your a millisecond off though you end up in the dirt and, hence, ruin your lap time.

The little chicane after the hairpin at Grindelwald...

Do you mean when you go right around the fence where there are buildings? I love that one too. Another good one on that course is the chicane after the back straight. Another instance where you can really fly through without slowing down much as long as your timing is perfect. I only hit the wall about 10% of the time now.

Fav? I dunno.......probably Turn #5 at Laguna Seca, or the very last turn going to the straightaway at Apricot Hill.

Least Fav? The Corkscrew at Laguna Seca as well as the final 90-deg turn going onto the straightaway at Laguna Seca.

I love every corner at every other Track........except Deep Forest.

I think I might have to retract all my previous comments about hating all of Rome Circuit. I did it last night in a Cerbera LM and it was like an all new me. The only place I touched the wall was the left after the long blind right curve near the beginning, in the really narrow section, going past the Colusseum... and that was only because I was going too fast and not slowing down enough, which with my history on that track, is a good thing.

I'm just glad I finally broke that block I had on the track, hitting the wall on every stinking turn. It was like a condition I've been cured of... Now I see the course in a whole new way once I did it well. Woo Hoo! :cheers:

I'd say that the best (and sometimes the worst) are the two turns at Laguna- the corkscrew of course, and that last turn. The corker can be a pain in the ass if you take it bad...sometimes you go into it, and for no reason you spin out. The last turn at Laguna is growing on me as a sweet turn. I love powersliding into it, whipping the tail around, and acclerating out.

Bah. Now that I think of it, SSR5 holds some of the greatest turns. Take an Elise GT1 out there- it's a rush. I'm working on breaking 1:10 right now, need to do the Enduro to get the elusive Cerb LM.

*rambling*

Originally posted by Davey
I'd say that the best (and sometimes the worst) are the two turns at Laguna- the corkscrew of course, and that last turn. The corker can be a pain in the ass if you take it bad...sometimes you go into it, and for no reason you spin out. The last turn at Laguna is growing on me as a sweet turn. I love powersliding into it, whipping the tail around, and acclerating out.

Bah. Now that I think of it, SSR5 holds some of the greatest turns. Take an Elise GT1 out there- it's a rush. I'm working on breaking 1:10 right now, need to do the Enduro to get the elusive Cerb LM.

*rambling*

The "elusive Cerb LM" is well worth it.

Yeah, I know, I've owned it before....Amazing car, beats the Escudo on a lot tracks. The Cerb's best match is the Speed 12, IMO. That cars engine sound freaks me out. :eek:

Anyway, I call it 'elusive' because I've done the SSR5 enduro 4 times now and haven't gotten it (started a new game from then, only day 216 or so). Meh. It's worth it though.

Back