Best Car in GT1

• Thread starter Zero
  • 642 comments
gran_turismo_bandit
dude, 4WD's make every other car their *expletive deleted*!

nothing like sliding into the 'big sandy' corner in Grand Valley East, spinning 180 degrees, keeping on the happy pedal and spinning back onto the track.

try THAT with your GTS-R or Supra!
It can be done. Used to do it with the Toyota 3000, mind you that used to spin on every corner!

takumi64
but when it comes to overall performance, the best car in gt1 is... THE HACHI-ROKU
Sorry, maybe a dumb question but what is the THE HACHI-ROKU, I mean what make and model?

Finally got to the end of thread.

All the LM cars are fun to drive, FTO looks good, Cerberra is sooo fast cause of the light weight compared to some of the Mega HP M/C's. Any car with over 600 HP will beat the cars racing against you in GT1, however the GTO is heavy until you take the weight out of it and add a turbo stage 4, then it accerlates so fast that as long as you can keep the speed up you don't notice the weight. Both Concept cars are fun to drive, shame that you can't race mod the B license version.

Any of the Skyline cars seem to be fast, can't say I have raced them all although I do own an R32 model, a Nismo GT-R and the Nismo 400R which I believe are based on the Skyline.

I confess that I can't choose a car from those listed above, and I haven't even mentioned the Viper, Camero & many, many others.

gt_pro
you guys shold know that the best car is, unarguiably, the Skyline GT-R 33, no doubt about it. 1/4 mile, 8.345 seconds, 1000 kil, 14.534 seconds, top speed, 258 mph, with the right tuning this baby will decimate all... oh and if you dont like the handling at first, get use to it, cause the speed and acceleration make up for the o.k. handling, p.s. if you want a great handling car with o.k. speed, the FTO LM, and another car like the FTO LM would be the Impreza Rally Edition.

Dude ur soooooooooooooo right, i prefer the R33 than the R34

wildmustang
Dude ur soooooooooooooo right, i prefer the R33 than the R34

Someone needs to look again.

The R34 Skyline is not in GT1, its in GT2, but not in GT1. The R34 Skyline wasn't even introduced until 1999. The R33 was debuted back in 1996.

Darin
Someone needs to look again.

The R34 Skyline is not in GT1, its in GT2, but not in GT1. The R34 Skyline wasn't even introduced until 1999. The R33 was debuted back in 1996.

I know the R34 was introed in 99', but all I'm saying is that I find more powerfull and better the R33

The R33 has the same exact motor in the R34. There is not differance between the R33 and the R34. The only thing the differs is the R33 is heavier than the R34, making the R34 perform better. But the R32 performs better than both of them.

what's ur favorite car ever in all Gran Turismo History?

My favorite is the Mustang Cobra SVT R, but there's a better one and it's the 05' Mustang u
oughtta check it out

ok ok u dont to get all mad and stuff, i'm justglad cuz there's finally a web page about GT and stuff, I'm just trying to get to know u and know wat u like so if we had something in common we could get to be Buddies on the page, waddya say?

Sorry bouthat

AND, Mustang's suck.

Most sold Sports car in the world is what? the Mustang, fastest 0-60 car in the world is what? the Boss 10.0L Mustang running at 1.9 seconds, Wide Body mustang was in Le-mans only lost to the Corvettes and the all powerfull Vipers back in the day.
The mustand doesn't suck it's a very good car.

homie
Gran Turismo 1 is soo old, why do you still play it ?.. :/
Maybe because it's ten times better than some of the crap coming out the back of the gaming industry today? Maybe because it's one of the top ten games of all time? Maybe for the same reasons people still play Atari 2600?

homie
Gran Turismo 1 is soo old, why do you still play it ?.. :/
Because it has the better gameplay than any of the other GT games I have played so far, not including GTC & GT4. But from what I have read I'm not going to change my opinon when I do get to play those games.

GT2 added more cars and included more European cars but the AI and game play sucked. GT3 has the better graphics so the cars look fantastic but again I feel let down by the game play, the tire wear is unrealistic, the number of days spent racing is unrealistic, no 2nd hand motors and so little money that you spend most of the first days just repeating certain races in order to get enough money to upgrade the crap car that you started with. It must turn off some players that haven't played the earlier versions and so know that you must stick with the game.

With GT you can win the Copperhead, race the 'Normal Car' race and get enough money to buy some racing tires. Then you can race the 'Sunday Cup' and win another car and money to upgrade your Copperhead to race the 'Clubman Cup'. Then your racing career is off and you don't look back. The only time in GT that I bought some cars was when I had raced all my won cars and wanted some of the cars that you don't win, GTO, Grand Sport etc.

That's why I'm still playing GT and I haven't finished it yet! I'm also thinking of creating a 'Historic Car Club' with the Corvette '67, a 'Skyline Club, a 'TVR Club', a 'Viper Club' and an 'Evo Club' so I must have hours of game play left.

Back