Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
Nope, I will be watching the Thunder game.

I can, as long as it's not the Hardcore TDM. I don't trust Brett after his post.

I do not trust my aim at all at the moment. I am also accustomed to fast connections and slower connections are compounding my lack of confidence in aiming.

On the second thought, it might end up being really funny. Especially if TA's the one that Brett accidentally shoot. :lol:

I just remembered a funny story Ceiling Fan probably wouldn't remember. We played Hardcore TDM, but we had this crazy guy on our team. This idiot on our team shoots me twice. First one was as soon as the game started.

I tell Ceiling, "I can't play this anymore, let's go back to the normal TDM". Ceiling says to give it one more try. We are in that larger warehouse in Pipeline. Ceiling comes around the corner, I drop him with my M16. :lol:

I've never played hardcore. If I did and you shot me you would be getting very up close and personal with some 7.62 next time I saw you.

I played a bit of Hardcore TDM on MW2 and it is a different animal to Core TDM. When I have played Hardcore TDM, the matches were much more slow paced and movements tended to be much more deliberate. I never really had an issue with friendly fire though, at least not purposeful friendly fire; there was accidental friendly fire, on my part and teammates part respectively. The biggest change in Hardcore is tactical awareness. The lack of being aware to the location of gun fire, friendly or hostile, made the game mode different. If I had a better stereo system setup or a good set of gaming headphones, then my opinion of the game mode would likely be different, as I really enjoyed the slower, more deliberate pace of Hardcore.

EDIT: Just announced during the Thunder game, there will be a world premiere Modern Warfare 3 trailer at some point during the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard that it was supposed to be announced during the Thunder/Mavs game.

I do also enjoy hardcore atmosphere. There is more camping going on, but at the same time, it is far more realistic(for what it's worth). I just remembered another funny story regarding hardcore on CoD4. Me and my buddies shot this random teammate of ours like three times by mistake. The guy, who was silent until that point, he decided to make his move to flank the enemy. He announces to us that he is the guy cutting across the field, begging us not to accidentally shoot him this time. :lol:

P.S. TA, I'm sorry I ditched man. Imagine playing basketball with fat dudes right around 5 feet tall. They are out running you, crossing you over, breaking your ankles. People who are playing against on CoD4 tonight, they truly, for real, for fact, were that bad. And I'm getting bunch of shot in, only to see them slowly turn around, or pick up their aim, dropping me instantly.

I know, I know, it's my Frontier/Verizon internet. But it's never been this bad. I just about lost it, when it happened for like over tenth time. It's like getting dunked on by a first grader, a girl, in a wheelchair. It's unbelievably frustrating. I actually got some kills, and considering, that's unbelievable as it takes me about 10 rounds or more to kill one guy.

I do also enjoy hardcore atmosphere. There is more camping going on, but at the same time, it is far more realistic(for what it's worth). I just remembered another funny story regarding hardcore on CoD4. Me and my buddies shot this random teammate of ours like three times by mistake. The guy, who was silent until that point, he decided to make his move to flank the enemy. He announces to us that he is the guy cutting across the field, begging us not to accidentally shoot him this time. :lol:

I enjoyed the slower, more deliberate game play of Hardcore. I think I would really enjoy something of a mix between Core and Hardcore.

Communication would certainly make a large difference in Hardcore, especially if the communication effectively described each friendly players' movement.

They were all retarded tonight, but when you were hosting(didn't realize you had 'Host Pro'), they were retarded & complete chevron noob. I still had matches were I couldn't get out of single digit in kills. I'm in disbelief.

Afterwards, I get on MW2, just about ready to break my CoD4 disc in half. Yellow 2 bars. Again. I don't get it. My internet is crap, but it's the same crap it's always has been. Now, I am consistently getting yellow.

Eventually, I got three, and I finished on a good note, but still it's like the system is out to get me. I joined mid game, finish 14-2, but everybody else is like the opposite on my team. Talk about getting steamrolled. And just now, I get an awesome kill(like 1 of 2 tonight :( ) which ended up being the game winning kill. In mid-replay, host pulls the plug.

I'm just about ready to go the Final Fantasy route. Maybe even *gasp* Dare I say it..... Gran Turismo 5. :nervous:

Edit: Thank you Brett. I thought you were my last friend, but I'm glad your team lost in O/T(repeat the youtube vid).

Edit: Thank you Brett. I thought you were my last friend, but I'm glad your team lost in O/T(repeat the youtube vid).

Ouch! :grumpy:

I wanted to find another clip from Bender where he says something to Leela, what he says makes her sad, and that then in turns makes Bender sad because he has an emotion chip that makes him feel what Leela feels, but I could not find a YouTube clip that has that scene from Futurama. So I found this one instead, but it does not work near as well.

Last edited:
Considering what we are going through, I don't feel so bad.

I might not want to play Hardcore with you now though. :lol:

Afterwards, I get on MW2, just about ready to break my CoD4 disc in half. Yellow 2 bars. Again. I don't get it. My internet is crap, but it's the same crap it's always has been. Now, I am consistently getting yellow.

Thats what happens when you haven't upgraded your internet package since 1959. Everyone else has stepped it up but you're still on DSL. :lol:

Thats what happens when you haven't upgraded your internet package since 1959. Everyone else has stepped it up but you're still on DSL. :lol:
How many times do I have to say it? It's still the same internet, but the connection has gotten even worse. I'm guessing the match making is to blame. Who cares. I'm having a really good day today(this is sarcasm), I couldn't care less.

Sweet, my internet died. My wireless network (BloodyFart) won't even show up even though everything is plugged in and seems to be working.

It's still the same internet, but the connection has gotten even worse.

What I'm saying is maybe your connection was good a few years ago back when most people still had DSL, but now a lot of people have upgraded and you're still stuck with your slow old connection.

How many times do I have to say it? It's still the same internet, but the connection has gotten even worse. I'm guessing the match making is to blame. Who cares. I'm having a really good day today(this is sarcasm), I couldn't care less.

I would agree with you on the match making. There are fewer people playing CoD4 nowadays and because of that, the chances of getting a bad host are probably more likely since there are fewer good connections still playing CoD4. Drawing from anecdotal evidence, I know the few games I played yesterday were all bad hosts because I have a very good internet connection and was still having issues.

Since i've got back into playing CoD4, i've seen the same names crop up over and over again. I've also quit out of badly hosted (from my connection point of view) games only to placed straight back into the same game multiple times. All points to a small pool of people still playing, like you said.

I have not been playing enough recently or paying enough attention to notice same players crop up often, but I would not doubt it. A few months ago when I was playing CoD4 a bit more often I did notice some repeat names every now and then.

Yeah, but I might run away again. Crying.

I'm playing basketball again tonight, so I got couple of hours.

Just got done playing and I only ran into one hacked lobby. Otherwise there were some good games minus some odd lag spikes. I had one game on downpour where I went flawless using no less than 5 different guns and even getting a no scope with the M40 without stopping power.

Can somebody explain to me the online in this game. You go click "find game" then it puts you in a room with other people, then the game starts. Who picks the map? Who is the host? Sometimes it says "the host ended game" but how do you even host a room? The only button is "find game." Also about the hackers, how do they hack it? Do they have to mod their ps3? And would they get banned for hacking?

Thanks.

Back