Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
The host is picked by Infinity Ward's matchmaking servers. The map is randomly selected, but the group can vote to skip the current map. If the map is skipped, another random map is chosen.

I want to play this game SO BAD. Unfortunately, I'm still afraid of modders & hackers just destroying this legendary game for their personal pleasure.

Damn. Shame. 👎

Now that MW3 is on, I see "Potato Chip" from here(I forget his gtp name) on CoD4. I was also missing some CoD4 action, naturally, so I played with chips and couple of his buddies. :lol:

I didn't encounter one hack. But the old super annoying headache was back, as I don't think we were able to finish one, single, game. We started just about all games by rolling over the opponents. I think with the exception of couple of games, they all ended within 2 minutes with the other team backing out. :crazy:

At least now I know that I can play some without encountering the hackers. Because my main account is hacked, and have me locked out of most everything(weapons, mostly), I will probably get back on my RodStrickland(not my name, NBA player) account. If anybody else is crazy enough to go back to the dinosaur that is CoD4, let me know. :D

P.S. Chips, I'm sorry I wasn't much help, but two modes I don't know how to play are S&D and Sabotage. I just played TDM in those games. :dopey:

If it's not hacked to death any more, and i see you online i'd be up for it.
Sounds good Dan. 👍 I'll send you invite to gtp_tc?
You'd really like MW3 bro. It feels like MW1.5.

I don't doubt that at all, J-Dawg. I'm just tired of it all. Playing CoD4 last night, it reminded me of another reason why I quit. It was a quick, and subtle burst, but anger management. :lol: And I don't know how much I'd be playing anything. I might play 2, 3 hours a week, or none at all.

I don't know about you guys, but on my sizable friends list, MW3 isn't taking the world by storm the way MW2 did. When MW2 came out, my friends list screen was all filled with MW2. It is doing much better than Battlefield 3 though. I saw Rabia/Weiner, but he was the only one I saw playing that game last night.

P.S. I just noticed that he was banned from gtplanet again. Damn, kid! :crazy:

I just got a new router so no more internet dropping issues for me. MW3 has a lot of stuff from MW1. Perks, weapons, even the same RDS from MW1.

I don't doubt that at all, J-Dawg. I'm just tired of it all. Playing CoD4 last night, it reminded me of another reason why I quit. It was a quick, and subtle burst, but anger management. :lol: And I don't know how much I'd be playing anything. I might play 2, 3 hours a week, or none at all.

I don't know about you guys, but on my sizable friends list, MW3 isn't taking the world by storm the way MW2 did. When MW2 came out, my friends list screen was all filled with MW2. It is doing much better than Battlefield 3 though. I saw Rabia/Weiner, but he was the only one I saw playing that game last night.

The problem with not seeing people playing Battlefield 3 on PS3 is quite a few people are playing it on PC instead. I bought BF3, but for PC.

I have played the Campaign for Modern Warfare 3 for about two and a half hours so far and have enjoyed pretty much every bit of it.

I just got a new router so no more internet dropping issues for me. MW3 has a lot of stuff from MW1. Perks, weapons, even the same RDS from MW1.

My friend had same take as you on that, mentioning both CoD4 & MW2. Had they discontinued quick scoping & adopted 2 stab-front/1 stab-rear on knifing, I'd probably have bought two copies of the Hardened Edition. :P jk

The problem with not seeing people playing Battlefield 3 on PS3 is quite a few people are playing it on PC instead. I bought BF3, but for PC.

I have played the Campaign for Modern Warfare 3 for about two and a half hours so far and have enjoyed pretty much every bit of it.
Might have to rent it to finish the campaign mode, come to think of it. I wish you got BF3 on PS3. I might get that one some day.

Sounds good Dan. 👍 I'll send you invite to gtp_tc?

GTP_TC is what i'm using at the mo gtp_dan is what i use, i think, on CoD4.

I counted 5 BF3's to 3 MW3's and 1 MW2 when i was on briefly last night. I'd caved in and brought home a copy of MW3, so was going to have a last blast on MW2 before getting swallowed up by the new game. In 40 minutes of trying i couldn't even get a game in MW2. Must be a server issue. When lobbies did eventually gain enough participants games either crashed on the load screen or within 20 seconds of starting. After having to restart my PS3 for the third time i just gave up on it. :rolleyes:

GTP_TC is what i'm using at the mo gtp_dan is what i use, i think, on CoD4.

I counted 5 BF3's to 3 MW3's and 1 MW2 when i was on briefly last night. I'd caved in and brought home a copy of MW3, so was going to have a last blast on MW2 before getting swallowed up by the new game. In 40 minutes of trying i couldn't even get a game in MW2. Must be a server issue. When lobbies did eventually gain enough participants games either crashed on the load screen or within 20 seconds of starting. After having to restart my PS3 for the third time i just gave up on it. :rolleyes:

Weird. So many BF3's! :crazy: I did play the BF3 demo, and while majority of the people I talked to hated it, I thought if I could change the control layout to the CoD style, it would've been a very fine FPS to play. I'm sure MW3 is very good. If I wasn't quitting FPS, I wouldn't have minded either one.

I'll add gtp_dan next time I'm on. 👍

You're not quitting anything. This is just a sabbatical and it needs to end now it's gone on long enough.
:lol: No, I really am done. I still probably will rent the MW3, eventually, but only to play the campaign mode. After playing CoD4 & MW2, I feel kinda committed to the story. :D

Have the servers been shut down for COD4?

I thought I would have a game an hour ago on PS3 and I couldn't connect to the servers (came up with error), I was playing MW3 just beforehand so its not my connection.

I hope its just maintenance and not shut down for good. Can anyone else connect?

Last edited:
I got this weird bug to play the other night, so I got on. My friend has my MW2, so went this this. No problems for three games or so, then noticed the hacker name thing come up, so I had to unplug.

I did OK considering. I actually had to get on private lobby first to remember all the controls. :lol: First partial game, 9-1. Next game, I was game high, with highest k/d on Bog. Got owned by someone with way better internet than me on Crossfire where I usually own, but I went something like 14-10. :guilty:

I think I'm gonna try again for a bit!

Anyone still playing this legendary game?

PC?

Let me know if you're up for many rounds of epicness. :D

Im up for all objective modes and TDM (meaning not FFA), and hardcore.

I have been considering picking the game up for PC.

Do not consider, you just do it. :D

It's still more popular than CoD5, MW2 and BO together on PC... ;)

And for good reason, it's just the best Call of Duty made... <3

The last Steam sale caused me to have the start of a backlog of video games. I am reluctant to buy any more until I start progressing more through any of those. However, some quick CoD4 action every now and then would be good.

The last Steam sale caused me to have the start of a backlog of video games. I am reluctant to buy any more until I start progressing more through any of those. However, some quick CoD4 action every now and then would be good.
Well my Steam list is getting bigger every month/holiday/year sale, but I still always return to CoD4, every day! :dopey:

Well my Steam list is getting bigger every month/holiday/year sale, but I still always return to CoD4, every day! :dopey:

"No Fighting in the War Room" is epic. And will always be. :)

Anyway, it's still 25€ on Steam and having bought the game for the 360 I don't see a point in buying it again for the price of a new game. :/

Anyway, it's still 25&#8364; on Steam and having bought the game for the 360 I don't see a point in buying it again for the price of a new game. :/
Steam Christmas holiday sale will probably have it 50/66/75% off... Most likely 50% though. ;)

I am not sure of the state of the CoD4 on 360, but I do remember the game being hacked to beyond garbage on PS3. What from I have heard on YouTube, CoD4 still has a sizable following on PC.

I'm still play this game every week on my pc. Last Saturday I went to "Meo XL party" and saw many people participate on COD4 tournament.
For me COD 4 have the best and fairer multiplayer in COD series.

Back