Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 6,024 comments
M21 is my all time favorite gun in all COD games. I was super happy when I saw it will be back in MW3.

I'm down for playing again this weekend if you want.

I'm tempted to give it a shot... been a seriously long while since I've played any game with competitive multiplayer!

For those of you who don't know me from this thread, I used to play 10+hrs of cod4 every day... I'm sure I suck now though :lol:

Did some thread digging:

Somebody get on so I can show off my golden AK.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

you got it in the end then mate
ive been wondering if you ever sleep lol
i saw you on the other night when i went to bed
then when i woke up i checked my email and you was still on playing

:lol: Wow

And some more:

Wow, I just had the most amazing Hardcore Search & Destroy match at Pipeline. It was the overtime round, and we had to plant. It didn't take long before most of my team was dead, the other guy still alive got Last Stand'd, so it was 5 against me. I first took out the guy in the window overlooking the silos (Dom.A) as I remembered he was there in an earlier round. After that I threw a stun grenade into the dark doorway at the bottom of the hill and it showed I hit somebody so I threw a grenade and killed him. I then ran over to the tiny building that has stairs into the underground, as this was where the bomb was dropped. As soon as I ran in I heard the claymore planting sound then *click* BOOM. The guy planted it AS I ran in and thus triggered late, hurting no one. I quickly hip-fired dat mofo, who was fumbling with his second claymore. I went down the stairs and got the bomb and soon saw a guy running down the hall. Got him. "Our UAV is online!" Both enemies were at bomb site A so I decided to plant at bomb site B (C Flag for those of you who play Domination.) I was about 90% planted when I saw an orange dot RIGHT BEHIND ME!! I let go of the bomb, spun around (sensitivity 8 FTW :D) and shot him. He was already in the stabbing animation! I went ahead and planted the bomb (the last guy was obliviously camping at A.) I then ran into the nearby pipe and waited for him to defuse. And waited. My UAV died so I turned up my volume to hear footsteps easier. He eventually came but it was too late, and the bomb went off and killed him. The game gives you about 2 seconds after a bomb goes off to do whatever, this was just enough time for me to call an airstrike :D

Nostalgiagasm!

Last edited:
ceiling fan lives. :lol: We might have a full crew pretty soon!

I'd be game if we got a decent GTP group together but I'm really out of practice as I haven't played it for ages.

ceiling_fan
For those of you who don't know me from this thread, I used to play 10+hrs of cod4 every day... I'm sure I suck now though

I think I played in a few of those GTP matches when you were there.

Robin.

I was struggling at the end. I was doing really well most of the night and towards the end, my reactions had just really slowed down. I had only slept four hours the night before and the body was just too tired to keep up. I could see hostiles and where they were running, but my aim was too sluggish to effectively put rounds on target. It was frustrating to miss out on so many kills because my reactions were just too slow.

Even with that, it was still a very fun night and I look forward to some more FPS, whether it be CoD4 or MW2.

i never get tired of this game, simply one of my favorites :D if you guys ever think about forming a group, I'm more than willing to join..,

Begin story:
Let me also clarify with my controller situation. It was un-freakin-believable!
Story:
(words...)
End story:
(it's a logitech).
:lol:

Is that normal? My R700 class still has idle sway as does my acog M21 class.

Just checked in a private match and the M21 should have sway. Maybe the hackers are glitching lobbies to where sniper rifles don't sway? Dunno, just a thought.

Nostalgiagasm!

Celebratory airstrike. Love it.

Once again playing with you guys is soooo much better than randoms in merc. Maybe it was just me, but about 75% of the time it seemed everyone was naturally setting into a firing line. This kept the OT hemmed in on one side of the map and in most matches just pretty much made things a turkey shoot at times. Man it is so nice knowing which direction you're likely to get shot at from. In merc 99% of the time my teammates are just running around haphazardly, not protecting each other and therefore I expect to be shot at from just about anywhere.

I think the only match where things were even just a little bit in doubt was about half way through Countdown. Then I think TA & Bizz (hard to recall specifically) decided that was enough of that and we pulled away fairly comfortably at the end.

Oh A6, I think the final streak total was 15. I checked my stats just after I left AND there is no way I ever had a 15 win streak from before last night ;)

Begin story:

Story:

End story:
:lol: I actually love the logitech, and it's the only controller I could play CoD with on PS3. The form of the controller is a hybrid between the X360 & PS3. Just perfect.
I think the only match where things were even just a little bit in doubt was about half way through Countdown. Then I think TA & Bizz (hard to recall specifically) decided that was enough of that and we pulled away fairly comfortably at the end.

Believe it or not, I also contributed to that win. It was lagging really bad for me last night, and in that countdown game, I can fire fire fire fire, only to see the guy turnaround and shoot me dead. I turn the corner, duck, but get shot after doing so, you get the idea.

While it was the only match I finished short of even('1' k/d), almost all of my kills came at the end, when I started switching to different weapons out of desperation. :P
Oh A6, I think the final streak total was 15. I checked my stats just after I left AND there is no way I ever had a 15 win streak from before last night ;)
Nice. 👍 I couldn't check, because my account has been hacked. My stats has been locked up with some random numbers, right along with my go-to submachine gun, silenced P90. 👎

If someone in the lobby was hacking it so the snipers had no sway I'd think they would do it for more than one sniper though. It was like that all night in different lobbies and everything.

I forgot to tell you guys. Last night, I tried using my Japanese account, as that CoD4 account is unhacked, and I can use my P90 with silencer.

Japan PSN is still down. :dopey:
If someone in the lobby was hacking it so the snipers had no sway I'd think they would do it for more than one sniper though. It was like that all night in different lobbies and everything.
I don't remember about the sway, nor have I ever heard of such hack. I'm gonna have to try it out.

Edit: With my connection, controller, Japan account, a lot of things went wrong for me. My M16 didn't jam though. God bless. :lol:

I was hosting most of the night after your crappy connection kept dumping the lobby. You should stop complaining and get with the times.

I was hosting most of the night after your crappy connection kept dumping the lobby. You should stop complaining and get with the times.
I told you last night, it doesn't have anything to do with my DSL. It's CoD4. When I said that it's easier to play multiplayer with group, that is what I was referring to. Every time host quits(which happened our first several tries), it is typical of CoD4 lobby to fall apart.

I'm down. ice, shut it. :lol:

I just had a good run with Dan aka TheCracker. We did alright. We might have lost one or two the whole time. There was one host where me & Dan(UK) both had three bars! Was the host in Iceland?

Was the host in Iceland?

I'm probably gonna hop in a couple days. I'm available monday tuesday and wednesday, MW1 only. Rest of the week is a big sex party basically :dopey:

Wow I have 491 posts in this thread. And haven't posted regularly in here for 3 years.

Last edited:
I just had a good run with Dan aka TheCracker. We did alright. We might have lost one or two the whole time. There was one host where me & Dan(UK) both had three bars! Was the host in Iceland?

Apart from one game, at District, that i quit us straight out of, there was no hacking at all. Yet earlier that day i tried 8 or 9 lobbies before i found an un-hacked one, and that one kept quiting out mid game. Host must have had OCD.

Apart from one game, at District, that i quit us straight out of, there was no hacking at all. Yet earlier that day i tried 8 or 9 lobbies before i found an un-hacked one, and that one kept quiting out mid game. Host must have had OCD.
I often wondered if those mods worked like a virus? It seemed that I'd be hack-free(or mod-free) for awhile. Then I get in one hacked/modded lobby, after that, all are hacked or modded rest of the night. I often got the feeling like I was infected. Again, I hope hackers & modders get hit by bus. :crazy:

They probably are. In fact you're probably more infected than you know. You should probably clear your system cache and start over. Next time you get into a modded lobby pull the ethernet cable asap before you exit so it doesn't have time to save anything.

Yeah, I've read that regarding CoD on PC. Before you exit, pull the plug. Had I practiced it, I may have been able to save my original CoD account, the mother of my CoD account. :(

I often wondered if those mods worked like a virus? It seemed that I'd be hack-free(or mod-free) for awhile. Then I get in one hacked/modded lobby, after that, all are hacked or modded rest of the night. I often got the feeling like I was infected. Again, I hope hackers & modders get hit by bus. :crazy:

I typically go with fire, as opposed to a bus.

My aim is terrible at the moment. My lack of thumb stick control has carried over from Friday night. I have noticed my connections have been somewhat crummy though and that may be part of my aiming issue. It also probably does not help that I have lesser confidence in my aiming abilities at the moment either.

Back