Corvette C7

• Thread starter boomee
  • 2,702 comments
xlarge_925c5011df99c0d3662be43c7b33afa6.jpg

Seems like they got it right...

Seems like for the front end they hit the nail on the head... :odd:

In any case, I approve. 👍 Honestly the exterior I wasn't expecting a huge change. Like others have mentioned it's not expected for a new gen Corvette to be leaps and bounds different. The thing i'm anticipating is the "new" and "improved" interior.

c52a837b981bde3536270f164ca05252.jpg

The rear though... i am not sure about it... I don't know, the C7 looks cool, but the C6 is more. And i kind of knew that would happen, when they make a good design, the sequel hardly will be good as it was.

Yeah the rear is questionable...

This is when you say "well it's only a sketch" but then you realize the sketch's front end seems spot on. I hope they're wrong about the rear. Although those leaked photos of the rear molding looked like that so. :scared:

I still don't buy such a dramatic change to the roof profile. How would the rear hatch work?

And the rear end still looks terrible.

c52a837b981bde3536270f164ca05252.jpg

The rear though... i am not sure about it... I don't know, the C7 looks cool, but the C6 is more. And i kind of knew that would happen, when they make a good design, the sequel hardly will be good as it was.

I think where it starts to curve up from the front of the door it should just be straight all the way up to the end. I do like it the way it is though.

I'm in love with the rear too. Those lights are just epic. If there was one thing I'd change it would be so the pipes aren't all together, so its 2 sets of 2 on each side. Side pipes on this wouldn't be too bad, maybe they could do something like Ford did with the Boss 302. Side pipes and rear pipes to make it sound agressive.

Really dont like it at all. Camaro lights in the rear, 90's Camaro front facia lower opening, origami creased body, still with the add-on afterthought looking rear brake scoops and uninspired looking front fender vents. Absolutely nothing eye popping at all.

Id say SRT did a better job updating the looks of the Viper than GM did if this is seriously what the C7 is going to look like. The C6 was elegant compared to this boy racer looking render. Just my .02 cents

At least this time around the Vette and Viper wont look similar from the front coming at you like the C6 and Gen III/IV Viper did. ....

Way too much Ferrari about the front, just like the new Viper.

I hardly see any Ferrari except for maybe the grill. I see more in the Viper TBH.

Really dont like it at all. Camaro lights in the rear, 90's Camaro front facia lower opening, origami creased body, still with the add-on afterthought looking rear brake scoops and uninspired looking front fender vents. Absolutely nothing eye popping at all.

Id say SRT did a better job updating the looks of the Viper than GM did if this is seriously what the C7 is going to look like. The C6 was elegant compared to this boy racer looking render. Just my .02 cents

At least this time around the Vette and Viper wont look similar from the front coming at you like the C6 and Gen III/IV Viper did. ....

I think it's sexy lol. Coming from a Ford guy.

I was thinking the same thing. The lights on the rear look really close to camaro

I wonder if they plan on doing a new Camaro in the next few years. The current design is starting to get old.

Slashfan
I wonder if they plan on doing a new Camaro in the next few years. The current design is starting to get old.

It would be interesting to see where they would go with a new gen camaro. I can't thing of much that could be changed about it

It would be interesting to see where they would go with a new gen camaro. I can't thing of much that could be changed about it

I'd actually like to see them go slightly more retro like Dodge is doing and base it more so off the 1969, or at least give it older style tailights instead of 'Vette style lights. I think it needs smoother lines to be honest. Circular headlights would be sweet or leave the ones they have now and put the old school style covers that the RS/SS had.

02.jpg

Would be interesting to say the least.

Slashfan
I'd actually like to see them go slightly more retro like Dodge is doing and base it more so off the 1969, or at least give it older style tailights instead of 'Vette style lights. I think it needs smoother lines to be honest. Circular headlights would be sweet or leave the ones they have now and put the old school style covers that the RS/SS had.

Would be interesting to say the least.

For a new camaro I would like to see less sharp angles, and maybe open up the front end a bit

For a new camaro I would like to see less sharp angles, and maybe open up the front end a bit

+1............Angles tend to look dated quicker than curves....Case in point look at the 93 Mazda RX-7. Even with the pop up lights the RX-7 still looks new today while others from that era that were boxier look old. I like curves better and would like the see the Camaro return to its roots too and be much less chunky and heavy.

Cool overall shape but like others have said the sharp angles and rear camaro tailights need to go. Smooth lines > sharp lines.

:odd: Looks like a C6 with Nissan GT-R detailing to me.

Me too. Certainly can't see the Ferrari in it that others are mentioning. And given that the C6 has been out a fair while, if there is any Ferrari in it then surely that means there's Corvette in the Ferrari...

Me too. Certainly can't see the Ferrari in it that others are mentioning. And given that the C6 has been out a fair while, if there is any Ferrari in it then surely that means there's Corvette in the Ferrari...

It's in the headlights. Or maybe it's just a new style that a lot of cars have. Vertical instead of horisontal. Ferrari 599, Italia, FF, New Viper etc.

3rd. I'm loving the design though. Straight lines, sharp edges, and angles are more appealing to me than curves.

Back