Corvette C7

• Thread starter boomee
  • 2,702 comments
So we can't make out any details yet Jalopnik is claiming they were right....what a pack of idiots. Can't wait to see what this really looks like and my god I hope it's nothing like the Jalopnik rendering.

So we can't make out any details yet Jalopnik is claiming they were right....what a pack of idiots. Can't wait to see what this really looks like and my god I hope it's nothing like the Jalopnik rendering.

Look at the body lines it look the same as the rendering. The door has the same shape too.

Stavelot

You're doing to look like a huge moron if they end up being correct.

And Jalopnik will look like a huge moron if they're wrong after this 'we were right' crap. The hood looks longer, the door and roof are almost C6 in appearance and the tail lights don't look like the Camaro style ones they used....other than that it's very hard to make out details as the camo is doing its job, the overall shape is also very C6 in appearance.

they are putting an extra layer of fake bodyshell to cover it up, you can see the real rear lights through the open hole which use to be C6 rear lights. That's why it looks longer.

Just compare the door lines, they are exactly the same! And it can't be simple conincidence.

And Jalopnik will look like a huge moron if they're wrong after this 'we were right' crap. The hood looks longer, the door and roof are almost C6 in appearance and the tail lights don't look like the Camaro style ones they used....other than that it's very hard to make out details as the camo is doing its job, the overall shape is also very C6 in appearance.

You can see the tail lights?

You can see the tail lights?

a little bit here.

xlarge_184543356374b997f9cf1d9948e5ca34.jpg

what is obvious is there are two body shells, the outer one mostly C6 in detail.

And that's how it is with the rest of the car....how Jalopnik can claim they were right is beyond me.

They can change tail lights and the spy pic is test mule. The tail lights on it look like rounded lights off a trailer.

yeah, check post #85. the front edge of the door isn't any generic shape and would be hard to get by pure luck.

That makes sense, seeing as they saw the car testing month ago, as stated on the last page. No matter how much camo you put on, the door edges would be one the easiest things to spot, which is why the door shape is almost spot on.
So if we're saying jalop got it all right just cause they got the door edge shape right, then maybe we should hold back a bit.

And that's how it is with the rest of the car....how Jalopnik can claim they were right is beyond me.

According to them, they've seen the car in the flesh behind closed doors. I believe they mentioned that they pretty much sketched the car from the pictures they had but weren't allowed to share. They're a pretty trustworthy car blog so I'm believing them on this one. We'll see soon though.

Based on this mule, every single one of the magazines can, in some way, say that they were right. The shape isn't changing dramatically, and we can see that in the photographs. We still don't know what the front and rear looks like, aside from the cammo that makes it look somewhat like the C6.

Although, in my opinion, the powertrain is far more important than what the car looks like in general.

$20 says the next gen won't be too much different then current excluding minor cosmetic changes and engine changes/power upgrades.

$20 says the next gen won't be too much different then current excluding minor cosmetic changes and engine changes/power upgrades.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I wish they'd do what Viper did and make bigger changes from the last gen Corvette.

it SHOULD look like this
vette1.jpg

That thing is hideous!! Nothing, absolutely nothing flows well on that design! To me that's just another concept car to impress little kids and spark some kind of brand recognition in those little kids...

Going out on a limb there, aren't you?

Knowing GM and other companies nowadays, next gens aren't much anymore. Maybe some larger fenders reminiscent or years past and moar power but other than that my honest opinion is this.

Yeah, that was my point seeing that the last 4 generations of the vette have been very similar.

Jav
That thing is hideous!! Nothing, absolutely nothing flows well on that design! To me that's just another concept car to impress little kids and spark some kind of brand recognition in those little kids...

👍

Latest Posts

Back