Corvette C7

• Thread starter boomee
  • 2,702 comments
ZR1 spotted

http://www.motortrend.com/news/chevrolet-corvette-zr1-mule-cant-hide-huge-spoiler-mounts-new-vents/

upload_2016-8-10_16-13-46.png

upload_2016-8-10_16-14-38.png

You know, I'm starting to see more spy shots taken with drones and am wondering what the legality of that is. Surely GM can apply for a no-fly zone around their testing facility?

You know, I'm starting to see more spy shots taken with drones and am wondering what the legality of that is. Surely GM can apply for a no-fly zone around their testing facility?

I would think so, especially considering where one or two of them are located. If this were out at YPG, then the military wouldn't take to kindly to drones trying to capture the latest scoop on GM performance cars. But I'm guessing this was in Milford.

I don't see where they get ZR1 from other than the want of a continued model, when in reality it could be anything, even a new track light weight version of the Z06. Like when they brought out the Carbon version for the last generation and the homage models to the race version of the cars.

Awesome. Maybe this will drive the prices of slightly used C7 Z06's down a bit. I'd like to get one sooner than I plan for!

I would think so, especially considering where one or two of them are located. If this were out at YPG, then the military wouldn't take to kindly to drones trying to capture the latest scoop on GM performance cars. But I'm guessing this was in Milford.
Oh yeah, nothing is getting into the Yuma grounds, but in Michigan (most likely where those ZR-1 shots were taken) it seems really easy for them to fly above it. A quick google search shows that you can declare private property as a no-fly zone.

I've been to Milford. There are houses close enough to the facility to see inside. Hell you can see the main straight easily from the road. You definitely would not need to be on GM's property to put a drone in position to get photographs.

Oh yeah, nothing is getting into the Yuma grounds, but in Michigan (most likely where those ZR-1 shots were taken) it seems really easy for them to fly above it. A quick google search shows that you can declare private property as a no-fly zone.

Yeah nothing will get in there, which is why I'm surprised they just don't do testing their and then when the car is closer to be revealed take it back to Milford. I've seen this gen tested out there in all camo before. I just don't think manufactures care anymore, but I don't know for sure, you have a better idea in this area.

As @Eunos_Cosmo said you could basically set up stuff near Milford and get material for Car and Driver all day, also even if they didn't take pictures here, they'd have got an all camo version I'm sure at the Ring, cause we all know cars have to go there.

Awesome. Maybe this will drive the prices of slightly used C7 Z06's down a bit. I'd like to get one sooner than I plan for!
May have to wait til the 8th gen for that. Used C7Zs are still holding values mostly due to their young age.

The current word is that the C6 gen will see its last drop once the C7 GS is finally out causing the '10-'13 cars to dwindle.

I'm with you, though. A Z06 is definitely in the cards if these new models can cause the used market to grow a bit more. 👍

It's digital zoom. The camera's probably an expensive one.

Having used expensive cameras, it would have to be a stupidly long way away to look that poor when cropped. Heck, using L glass, I've captured building signs a good ten miles in the distance sharper than that and it was on an 8mp EOS 20D.

Wonder how much the rear valance will change for the production version. Looks pretty tame so far compared to that spoiler.

I'd imagine the car would have to adopt a really aggressive aero kit around it to compliment that, though. The current spoiler spied already looks out of place. :P

Back