Corvette C7

• Thread starter boomee
  • 2,702 comments
I usually like shooting brakes, but this does nothing for it. 100x worse than a standard C7. Does it even have an opening rear hatch?

I usually like shooting brakes, but this does nothing for it. 100x worse than a standard C7. Does it even have an opening rear hatch?

It's a replacement for the rear hatch.
nimm0JLl.jpg

It should open like original hatch
4022d1393209472-my-custom-c7-hood-liner-painted-steve-ray-airbrushincorporated-com-img_0324.jpg

I'm disappointed that it's supposedly a higher running boost, larger intercooler and injectors but essentially the same LT4 seen in the Z06
I'm guessing that maybe with the C8 around the corner and a mid-engine variant taking a lot of development, they didn't want to invest too heavily in the C7 ZR1's development?

I'm disappointed that it's supposedly a higher running boost, larger intercooler and injectors but essentially the same LT4 seen in the Z06
Weren't there rumors the ZR1 was getting a DOHC head design and a twin turbo set up over a supercharger?

Weren't there rumors the ZR1 was getting a DOHC head design and a twin turbo set up over a supercharger?

Yeah but those were rumors, listen to video, it's obviously a supercharger whine as bad as the Hellcat Demon

I'm guessing that maybe with the C8 around the corner and a mid-engine variant taking a lot of development, they didn't want to invest too heavily in the C7 ZR1's development?

I guess, but I feel that if they had, it would have made C8 development easier on them for the obvious supercar/halo variants they'll make. If they sort out turbo charging now, then it will be easier when the C8 uses it, same idea with DOHC engine verse Overhead valve. I understand what you mean though, the production and design costs for the C7 were already probably quite high, so why drive them up more.

I just figured there would be some shared costs between it and the C8, so it wouldn't be such an issue.

Yeah but those were rumors, listen to video, it's obviously a supercharger whine as bad as the Hellcat Demon

I guess, but I feel that if they had, it would have made C8 development easier on them for the obvious supercar/halo variants they'll make. If they sort out turbo charging now, then it will be easier when the C8 uses it, same idea with DOHC engine verse Overhead valve. I understand what you mean though, the production and design costs for the C7 were already probably quite high, so why drive them up more.

I just figured there would be some shared costs between it and the C8, so it wouldn't be such an issue.

They don't want to release the new DOHC engine (assuming it would even be ready in time) before the C8 because that's going to be one of the MAJOR draws to the new car. Along with a DCT and possibly the release of the A10 for the Corvette (Finally)

They don't want to release the new DOHC engine (assuming it would even be ready in time) before the C8 because that's going to be one of the MAJOR draws to the new car. Along with a DCT and possibly the release of the A10 for the Corvette (Finally)

It would be wise to do so, and then actually improve on it for the C8. The fact that there is a potential mid engine Vette, is such a big enough draw in itself, that I doubt people care if its ohv or dohc. Well other than us car nuts.

It would be wise to do so, and then actually improve on it for the C8. The fact that there is a potential mid engine Vette, is such a big enough draw in itself, that I doubt people care if its ohv or dohc. Well other than us car nuts.
Production is slated for January 2019 according to some supplier sources, and the Caddy a couple years after. OHV will continue on and be joined by a DOHC option

Production is slated for January 2019 according to some supplier sources, and the Caddy a couple years after. OHV will continue on and be joined by a DOHC option

I realize that, it's been pretty obvious from reliable sources. They could have a DOHC engine ready right now for all we know. They may want to test further and not put it into production yet, who knows.

Would have liked to see more aggressive aero to go along with the wing ala ACR. Rear diffuser and some front canards, bigger front splitter, etc.

I hope the convertible we saw before with the smaller wing was just a mule. The Z06 as a vert was one thing but the top dog track focused version (ZR1) as a vert option doesn't sit well with me. I get from a sales standpoint the Z06 with vert/automatic option makes sense but I still would of rather had the Z06 and ZR1 trim purely track focused. Use the drop top for the Grand Sport.

Last edited:
Would have liked to see more aggressive aero to go along with the wing ala ACR. Rear diffuser and some front canards, bigger front splitter, etc.

I hope the convertible we saw before with the smaller wing was just a mule. The Z06 as a vert was one thing but the top dog track focused version (ZR1) as a vert option doesn't sit well with me. I get from a sales standpoint the Z06 with vert/automatic option makes sense but I still would of rather had the Z06 and ZR1 trim purely track focused. Use the drop top for the Grand Sport.

After seeing this, I would say that perhaps that rear bumper and diffuser isn't the final one, only because of this setup they ran also, tell me if you can spot the strange

Are you talking about the exhausts pointing in one direction? That's usually because of sound volume limits.

I know, the video hints at that with the title and thumbnail. Also while it may be due to that they have run a natural exhaust before in that same day. So it could also be testing a different exhaust set up.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/spied-corvette-zr1-caught-automatic-transmission/

:irked: I swear if they don't offer a manual option I'm going to be pissed. And if they offer a convertible option to their "halo track car" I'm at a loss for words. They already watered down the Z06 with an auto/vert option....I get it from a sales standpoint but I wish they kept the convertible option for the Grand Sport. They need to take a page out of the Viper ACR handbook, that's how it's done.

If it's an auto, I at least hope it's a double clutch. That would make it better suited for the track anyways.

Still no matter what transmission it gets, it's still going to be insanely fast.

If they want their car to be as fast as possible, it makes sense for them to go auto only. It’s why you can buy a manual Porsche GT3, but you can’t buy a manual GT3 RS due to it being much more of a track ready car.
I know this, I was talking about them offering a convertible option there. The part where I was taking about an auto only option was just my disappointment if no manual...the fun option. As you saw the initinal reaction from the Porsche crowd when the GT3 RS was auto only.

If the ZR1 does end up auto only just for quickness and track focus, yet still offer a convertible option...contradictory much? All I want is an ACR equivalent, they absolutley nailed it for a track car.

Last edited:
All I want is a GT2 RS equivalent and this is shaping up to be it. Is there any clue when we will potentially see one or is it going to be released at an early auto show next year like NAIAS then it's going to be hard to wait for.

Corvette C7 Final Edition for Europe
C7-Corvette-Final-Edition-1-720x340.jpg
C7-Corvette-Final-Edition-2-720x340.jpg

Chevrolet Europe has debuted the new C7 Corvette Final Edition, which will go on sale in Germany and Switzerland later this year.

Both the C7 Corvette Grand Sport and C7 Corvette Z06 will be offered in Final Edition trim. All Final Edition Corvettes will come standard with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, Competition sport seats, a performance data recorder and a visible carbon fiber aero package. The interior is set apart with Black Nappa leather upholstery, available contrasting stitching, sueded microfiber accents and a high-gloss carbon fiber interior trim package. The only available exterior colors will be Sebring Orange Tintcoat Metallic (shown) and Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic.

“Thanks to its unique combination of racing technology, excellent driving dynamics, unmistakable style and high everyday suitability, the Corvette has grown to be the ultimate sports car icon,” said Chevrolet Europe’s director of performance cars, Felix Weller. “With this special edition, we aim to honor the current generation, which has once more contributed greatly to the history of the Corvette series.”

The C7 Corvette Grand Sport Final Edition will start at 116,500 euros in Germany and 130,000 Swiss francs in Switzerland. The C7 Corvette Z06 Final Edition, which features Chevy’s 650 hp 6.2-liter supercharged LT4 engine, will start at 139,500 euros in Germany and 153,200 Swiss francs in Switzerland. Both versions are available to order now, the automaker says.

It’s not year clear if a C7 Corvette Final Edition model will be offered in the United States.
GM Authority

Last edited:
Back