Corvette C7

• Thread starter boomee
  • 2,702 comments
ZR1 spotted

ziydytdq36ijijapt6vl.png

Looks like they're testing multiple aero package styles a la Viper ACR from slightly more subtle to extreme aero.

Watch this just be an updated Z06 with better cooling hence the upgraded front bumper with more cooling vents and more aggressive levels of aero options.....

Watch this just be an updated Z06 with better cooling hence the upgraded front bumper with more cooling vents and more aggressive levels of aero options.....

More cooling for what? Also it's not within Chevy's development to spend time designing new upgrades for a current model to this extent. Usually a more aggressive package means a more aggressive car. The last time they did a variation on the z06 it was a limited run model and it was just a light weight car.

More cooling for what? Also it's not within Chevy's development to spend time designing new upgrades for a current model to this extent. Usually a more aggressive package means a more aggressive car. The last time they did a variation on the z06 it was a limited run model and it was just a light weight car.
More cooling for the overheating issues the current Z06's are having..... You know, the heat soak that people are complaining about and how GM promised they would fix these issues for the 2017 Z06? Probably why in some of these testing videos you can see a hellcat in that group testing with them. I'm sure it's no small feat keeping that car to stay cool.

http://jalopnik.com/looks-like-chevy-is-fixing-the-corvette-z06s-cooling-pr-1784072034

More cooling for the overheating issues the current Z06's are having..... You know, the heat soak that people are complaining about and how GM promised they would fix these issues for the 2017 Z06? Probably why in some of these testing videos you can see a hellcat in that group testing with them. I'm sure it's no small feat keeping that car to stay cool.

http://jalopnik.com/looks-like-chevy-is-fixing-the-corvette-z06s-cooling-pr-1784072034
Two things.
Tadge Juechter, Corvette executive chief engineer, says that a small number of customers reported heatsoak or overheating issues when running their Z06s hard on track. The exact number might have been less than five percent of all buyers, Juechter said, but those drivers complained loudly about the issues. As part of his engineering team’s emphasis on “continual improvement,” updates are coming this fall.
5% of customers experiencing heat soak isn't going to spike the kind of varying changes we've been seeing on these cars.
The 2017 Z06 will receive a new hood with improved cooling vents and some other changes “for additional cooling on the track.” Chevrolet says more precise details on the tweaks will come later this year.
This is a '17; the hood isn't significantly different it appears.
80_2017_corvette_z06_delivery_picture_039fab0c51.jpg

There is speculation one of these cars is a Z06X track car, but that doesn't explain the convertible prototype seen running with them.

Either way, I'm stoked for what this car is going to be. I'm interested in seeing if this is going to be what the ACR was to the Viper.

I know about them, what I also know is what @McLaren detailed and how they weren't what the internet blew them up to be to have a mini field day and parade disinformation or rather lack of info, before it was resolved. I'm surprised @catamount39 liked your post (though he tends to like almost anything) because I've explained this issue on this very thread and how it was more crap than actual reality.

Also let's remind folks this was during the whole ignition crisis with GM thus it was easy to parade things and get away with it even if it later was shown not to be such an issue. All in all my question was rhetorical, the car doesn't need additional cooling people need to understand that when they settle on early info that isn't even substantiated other than Joe Fixit saying so cause he just got his first Vette that happened to be a Z06 with said issue. Also it's funny how the break in of the engine corrected many issues.

It's funny though. I personally know of many Z06's that suffer from heat issues but they're all either tracked quite a bit or they're either no longer stock.

I think I've seen at least four Corvette C7s yesterday. I am not crazy over Corvettes, but I don't hate the Corvette. This baby turns heads. The one thing I don't like about the new Corvette is how it doesn't have the traditional elliptical tail lights like on a lot of other Corvettes. Like if you just shown the tail lights, I'd be stunned if you told me this was a Corvette. It still doesn't take away from this car being a real attention-grabbing sports car. It still isn't as lovely as the latest Dodge/SRT Viper, but I do love the C7 Corvette. Just not crazy in love over it, though.

You know, I see quite a lot of Corvettes here in the Houston area on the weekends. Every now and then, I see a handful of Corvette C7's. Almost any Corvette is a head-turner. The 'Vette isn't as gorgeous as the Dodge/SRT Viper, but the C7 is a good looker. I usually see a lot of C6 'Vettes while sometimes getting to see some C7s.

Surely that's not the first one, is it? I remember hearing about it, 3-4 years ago.
Callaway showed the rendering a few years ago but they will officially unveil it at the National Corvette Museum between April 27-29th

I think it's awesome, but they probably could've done a better job. The render was amazing, this is.. less amazing. But I still like it, nonetheless.

Back