Crappy prizes

• Thread starter RAR_Dingo
  • 40 comments
You could send a letter, the address is here: https://www.polyphony.co.jp/company/

(If you do, please could you mention the custom races tyre issue, thanks).

Oh and the fact that in the pit stop animation it shows the wrong tyres (i.e. it shows the tyres your car currently has on, not the tyres you’ve selected for the stop)

I'm in Barcelona, I could go this week end to the World Series event and parade there with a sign saying "Roulette sucks" lol.
Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

Oh and the fact that in the pit stop animation it shows the wrong tyres (i.e. it shows the tyres your car currently has on, not the tyres you’ve selected for the stop)
Yes! That little detail really bugs me for some reason.

Although thinking about it, the pits stops in general look very silly. All those mechanics just standing still in the pitlane for the whole race. Awkward!

Yes! That little detail really bugs me for some reason.

Although thinking about it, the pits stops in general look very silly. All those mechanics just standing still in the pitlane for the whole race. Awkward!
It just makes you panic in endurance races when you think you've selected inters/wets that you've pressed the wrong button!

An option to edit your pit stop choices until a certain point would be good too, the amount of times I've clicked the wrong tyre.

Getting off topic now...

I got a 5 star ticket for completing the weekly challenges and the prize was an invitation that I already had received (active) for a car that I already own.
How can I contact Polophony Digital directly and discuss this?

I know your pain OP, I keep getting the same invite over and over for the Porsche, which I already won as a prize car ages ago. It’s the only invite I’ve ever had, it’s happened 3 times now it’s insanity.

Whoever’s idea it was to have certain cars being invite only wants their head squeezing honestly :lol:

If it was actually RNG it might be bearable, but it’s definitely fixed.
What makes you think that?

And whatever: RNG doesnt mean each random event has the same chance to occur as the others of the same pool - basic lotteries do the opposite by having small rewards be more often by design.

Some randomness also requires actions of the users themselves, but I only know one game that actively has promoted this kind of randomness.

Last edited:
same. I got an aston invitational for the end of the year when I already had one active... it's for a 2mill car which I never have any intentions of buying... though PD will make people open their wallets by this tactic, doesn't mean I have to like it!

What makes you think that?

And whatever: RNG doesnt mean each random event has the same chance to occur as the others of the same pool - basic lotteries do the opposite by having small rewards be more often by design.

Some randomness also requires actions of the users themselves, but I only know one game that actively has promoted this kind of randomness.

You’re right, but the wheel is still a tremendously terrible design. The animation of 5 prizes taking up equal pie space on the spinning wheel implies equal chance for each of them, like a roulette wheel. So when experience quickly dispels that assumption, we get the extremely prevalent accusation that it’s “rigged”. I mean if a real-life roulette wheel came up “00” 80% of the time, we’d accuse that of being rigged, too.

It’s not rigged, technically, but the odds are not what’s implied by the wheel, and the prize is randomly determined when the ticket is issued, not when it’s cashed in by the player. Polyphony thinks players are too stupid to understand or accept this, so they created a system that insults our intelligence.

On top of that, most of the top-tier prizes are worthless, since we can simply buy S-level parts and engine swaps now.

Last edited:
Agree, it's supposed to be a reward but as soon as the "prizes" start spinning we are immediately disappointed as the worst item draws your eye, then you just know that baby is coming to you and almost inevitably the "reward" becomes a massive kick in the meat and two veg.

Polyphony thinks players are too stupid to understand or accept this, so they created a system that insults our intelligence.
Sony KNOW players are too stupid ... the data they have that millions still sign on PSN to play the game has more than justified every decision they made.

They don't fix bugs to improve the gaming experience, they only fix exploits or slip-ups that impede players from getting on the game.

The majority of the time & resource is committed towards creating new dangling carrots (aka new content or marketing) to sustain high online activity ...

The majority of the time & resource is committed towards creating new dangling carrots (aka new content or marketing) to sustain high online activity ...
They are not so smart if this is their goal. Plenty of nuisances in this game that prevent players to play, discourage them to keep playing and so on. They could do so much better.

This game reminds me of a sinking boat, instead of plugging the holes in the hull, the captain is busy drinking champaign with the classy ladies, while the crew tries to invent new styles of scoops to stay afloat. And if some player happens to plug a hole in a non approuved way, they re-open it but wider.

They are not so smart if this is their goal. Plenty of nuisances in this game that prevent players to play, discourage them to keep playing and so on. They could do so much better.

This game reminds me of a sinking boat, instead of plugging the holes in the hull, the captain is busy drinking champaign with the classy ladies, while the crew tries to invent new styles of scoops to stay afloat. And if some player happens to plug a hole in a non approuved way, they re-open it but wider.
That's only true for a failed business, there is no data to suggest that Sony Entertainment are sinking ... the market is large enough to sustain them and Microsoft Xbox platform for some time yet ...

All Sony/PD are doing right now is to keep GT7 propped up until GT8 is launched, to do this they need to keep adding new cars/tracks and other trinkets to maintain an active user base so Gran Turismo does not fall out of the gaming market radar ...

What drives sales & success is in the next big product, making such product that is attractive i.e more new licensed cars, nex gen graphical realism, propping up the fantasy of a 'grand prix' via online racing in the comfort of own home ... the actual quality of gaming experience or sense of reward itself is not of any importance to Sony, as you have already paid them your money!

There is no protection or legitimate channel of guidance for the consumer ... We all know reviews are rigged and there is an army of loyal Sony/PD fanboys ready to abuse and gaslight anyone who dares to criticise the game ...

Last edited:
If it is such a crappy game, stop playing....

Exactly, right? I’ve played plenty of games i thought were crappy in my time and not once did i join a discussion forum dedicated to them and then post how crappy I thought they were. I just went and played a game I felt was good instead. Then maybe if it was so good i’d join a forum dedicated to it so i could discuss the finer points of it with other enthusiasts.

Baffles me how some people choose to spend their time sometimes.

Last edited:
Back