Crappy prizes

• Thread starter RAR_Dingo
  • 40 comments
Baffles me how some people choose to spend their time sometimes.
You know the game wouldn't look like it looks now if nobody complained as you advice to do ?

Same for a great number of games.

And if lots of people complain, blame the game, not the players, nobody enjoys complaining, and nobody complains about a game they don't care about.

You are happy with the game as it is ? Fine. But you cannot dictate what other say about it.

You know the game wouldn't look like it looks now if nobody complained as you advice to do ?

That’s funny because I’ve read “PD don’t care about the players and they never listen to complaints” so many times on this forum i’ve lost count.

That’s funny because I’ve read “PD don’t care about the players and they never listen to complaints” so many times on this forum i’ve lost count.
It's because it takes them years to correct the game, but at game launch they ate quite a ********* and they tried to appease the player base.

Game is far from perfect event with the minor adjustments they've been implementing in various udpates. And it frustrates players because a good part of the annoying aspects of the game are only here because of PD's want it to be as it is.

It's because it takes them years to correct the game, but at game launch they ate quite a ********* and they tried to appease the player base.

Game is far from perfect event with the minor adjustments they've been implementing in various udpates. And it frustrates players because a good part of the annoying aspects of the game are only here because of PD's want it to be as it is.

Well there you go, if this is how they want the game to be then that’s it. Either like it or lump it are the choices we have. Personally I think it’s good. It’s not perfect of course, but then I don’t think a perfect game exists. Not in the racing genre on Playstation, at least.

For the record; me saying that I find it baffling how someone would join a discussion forum dedicated to a game they hate just so they can moan about it isn’t me dictating to anyone.

You’re right, but the wheel is still a tremendously terrible design. The animation of 5 prizes taking up equal pie space on the spinning wheel implies equal chance for each of them, like a roulette wheel. So when experience quickly dispels that assumption, we get the extremely prevalent accusation that it’s “rigged”. I mean if a real-life roulette wheel came up “00” 80% of the time, we’d accuse that of being rigged, too.

It’s not rigged, technically, but the odds are not what’s implied by the wheel, and the prize is randomly determined when the ticket is issued, not when it’s cashed in by the player. Polyphony thinks players are too stupid to understand or accept this, so they created a system that insults our intelligence.

On top of that, most of the top-tier prizes are worthless, since we can simply buy S-level parts and engine swaps now.
Yeah PD are not good at thinking long-term when it comes to player enjoyment... they just assume that racing game fans are the dullest of the bunch.
Because it's easy to see their roulette has a lot of flaws now that you can buy engine swaps and ultimate parts.. The roulette needs to change or the algorithm needs to change

But see how easily they give prizes for the Esports side of it? that's where all the moneys going.. to esports not to the core gt7 fanbase.

Exactly, right? I’ve played plenty of games i thought were crappy in my time and not once did i join a discussion forum dedicated to them and then post how crappy I thought they were. I just went and played a game I felt was good instead. Then maybe if it was so good i’d join a forum dedicated to it so i could discuss the finer points of it with other enthusiasts.

Baffles me how some people choose to spend their time sometimes.
What’s wrong with voicing a complaint?

Last edited:
same. I got an aston invitational for the end of the year when I already had one active... it's for a 2mill car which I never have any intentions of buying... though PD will make people open their wallets by this tactic, doesn't mean I have to like it!
Both of the invite Astons are pretty cool and I’m not an AM fan. Naturally aspirated Cosworth tuned V12 and carbon fiber is a recipe for fun. The One-77 also has a stage 5 lightweight option…

Both of the invite Astons are pretty cool and I’m not an AM fan. Naturally aspirated Cosworth tuned V12 and carbon fiber is a recipe for fun. The One-77 also has a stage 5 lightweight option…
That's cool and all but having already played GT6 and GT Sport, which both cars was in, I'd rather spend my money on cars that don't cost a fortune

Back